Global imbalances, triangular trading patterns, and the yen/dollar exchange rate
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bewley, R. A., 1979. "The direct estimation of the equilibrium response in a linear dynamic model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 357-361.
- Leamer, Edward E. & Levinsohn, James, 1995.
"International trade theory: The evidence,"
Handbook of International Economics,in: G. M. Grossman & K. Rogoff (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 26, pages 1339-1394
- Edward E. Leamer & James Levinsohn, 1994. "International Trade Theory: The Evidence," NBER Working Papers 4940, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leamer, E. & Levingsohn, J., 1994. "International Trade Theory: The Evidence," Working Papers 368, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Koichiro Kamada & Izumi Takagawa, 2005.
"Policy coordination in East Asia and across the Pacific,"
International Economics and Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 275-306, December.
- Koichiro Kamada & Izumi Takagawa, 2005. "Policy Coordination in East Asia and across the Pacific," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d05-101, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Koichiro Kamada & Izumi Takagawa, 2005. "Policy Coordination in East Asia and across the Pacific," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series 05-E-4, Bank of Japan.
- Andrew K. Rose, 2000. "One money, one market: the effect of common currencies on trade," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 15(30), pages 7-46, April.
- Leamer, Edward E, 1983. "Let's Take the Con Out of Econometrics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 31-43, March.
- Urata, Shujiro & Kawai, Hiroki, 2000. "The Determinants of the Location of Foreign Direct Investment by Japanese Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 79-103, September.
- Ronald McKinnon & Gunther Schnabl, 2003.
"Synchronised Business Cycles in East Asia and Fluctuations in the Yen/Dollar Exchange Rate,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(8), pages 1067-1088, August.
- Ronald McKinnon & Gunther Schnabl, 2003. "Synchronized Business Cycles in East Asia and Fluctuations in the Yen/Dollar Exchange Rate," Working Papers 022003, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Alan G. Ahearne & John G. Fernald & Prakash Loungani & John W. Schindler, 2003. "China and emerging Asia: comrades or competitors?," Working Paper Series WP-03-27, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Nikitas Pittis, 2004. "Estimator Choice and Fisher's Paradox: A Monte Carlo Study," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 25-52.
- Kozo Kiyota & Shujiro Urata, 2004. "Exchange Rate, Exchange Rate Volatility and Foreign Direct Investment," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(10), pages 1501-1536, November.
- Kei-Mu Yi, 2003.
"Can Vertical Specialization Explain the Growth of World Trade?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(1), pages 52-102, February.
- Kei-Mu Yi, 2000. "Can vertical specialization explain the growth of world trade?," Staff Reports 96, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Yushi Yoshida & Hiro Ito, 2006.
"How Do the Asian Economies Compete With Japan in the US Market? Is China Exceptional? A Triangular Trade Approach,"
Asia Pacific Business Review,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 285-307, July.
- Yushi Yoshida & Hiro Ito, 2004. "How do the Asian Economies Compete with Japan in the US Market, China Exceptional? A Triangular Trade Approach," Discussion Papers 18, Kyushu Sangyo University, Faculty of Economics.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Lai, Kon S, 1993. "Finite-Sample Sizes of Johansen's Likelihood Ration Tests for Conintegration," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 55(3), pages 313-328, August.
- Guillaume Gaulier & Françoise Lemoine & Deniz Ünal-Kesenci, 2005. "China’s Integration in East Asia: Production Sharing, FDI & High-Tech Trade," Working Papers 2005-09, CEPII research center.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thorbecke, Willem, 2014.
"The contribution of the yen appreciation since 2007 to the Japanese economic debacle,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 1-15.
- Willem Thorbecke, 2012. "The Contribution of the Yen Appreciation since 2007 to the Japanese Economic Debacle," Working Papers 2012-31, CEPII research center.
- Andrea Fracasso & Stefano Schiavo, 2009.
"Trade-imbalances networks and exchange rate adjustments: the paradox of a new Plaza. The XIVth Spring Meeting of Young Economists (SMYE-2009), Istanbul, April 2009,"
- Andrea Fracasso & Stefano Schiavo, 2009. "Trade-imbalances networks and exchange rate adjustments: the paradox of a new Plaza. The XIVth Spring Meeting of Young Economists (SMYE-2009), Istanbul, April 2009," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/10028, Sciences Po.
- Willem Thorbecke, 2015. "Understanding Japan's Capital Goods Exports," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 536-549, December.
- Thorbecke, Willem & Kato, Atsuyuki, 2011.
"The Effect of Exchange Rate Changes on Japanese Consumption Exports,"
ADBI Working Papers
298, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Willem Thorbecke & Atsuyuki Kato, 2011. "The Effect of Exchange Rate Changes on Japanese Consumption Exports," Macroeconomics Working Papers 23238, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Willem Thorbecke & Atsuyuki Kato, 2011. "The Effect of Exchange Rate Changes on Japanese Consumption Exports," Trade Working Papers 23238, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Nobuaki Hamaguchi & Silvio Miyazaki & Leonardo Correia, 2014. "State Space Application to Recent Automobile Sector Triangle Trade between Japan and Latin America," Discussion Paper Series DP2014-05, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Thorbecke, Willem, 2008.
"The effect of exchange rate volatility on fragmentation in East Asia: Evidence from the electronics industry,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 535-544, December.
- THORBECKE, Willem, 2008. "The Effect of Exchange Rate Volatility on Fragmentation in East Asia: Evidence from the Electronics Industry," Discussion papers 08016, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- THORBECKE, Willem, 2009. "Can East Asia be an Engine of Growth for the World Economy?," Discussion papers 09006, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- THORBECKE, Willem, 2012. "Estimating Trade Elasticities for World Capital Goods Exports," Discussion papers 12067, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/10028 is not listed on IDEAS
- Veysel Avsar & Kemal Turkcan, 2013. "Exchange Rate Volatility and U.S. Auto-Industry Exports: A Panel Cointegration Approach," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(4), pages 772-787.
More about this item
KeywordsJapan Yen/dollar exchange rate Global imbalances Triangular trading patterns in East Asia Exchange rate elasticities;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jjieco:v:22:y:2008:i:4:p:503-517. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622903 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.