The Contribution of the Yen Appreciation since 2007 to the Japanese Economic Debacle
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Thorbecke, Willem, 2014. "The contribution of the yen appreciation since 2007 to the Japanese economic debacle," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 1-15.
References listed on IDEAS
- C. H. Kwan, 2002. "The Rise of China and Asia's Flying-Geese Pattern of Economic Development: An Empirical Analysis Based on US Import Statistics," Discussion papers 02009, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Koichiro Kamada & Izumi Takagawa, 2005.
"Policy coordination in East Asia and across the Pacific,"
International Economics and Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 275-306, December.
- Koichiro Kamada & Izumi Takagawa, 2005. "Policy Coordination in East Asia and across the Pacific," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d05-101, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Koichiro Kamada & Izumi Takagawa, 2005. "Policy Coordination in East Asia and across the Pacific," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series 05-E-4, Bank of Japan.
- José Manuel Campa & Linda S. Goldberg, 2005. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through into Import Prices," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 87(4), pages 679-690, November.
- Thorbecke, Willem, 2008. "Global imbalances, triangular trading patterns, and the yen/dollar exchange rate," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 503-517, December.
- Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 1993.
"A Simple Estimator of Cointegrating Vectors in Higher Order Integrated Systems,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 783-820, July.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1991. "A simple estimator of cointegrating vectors in higher order integrated systems," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- THORBECKE, Willem & Hao-Kai PAI, 2013. "The Sophistication of East Asian Exports," Discussion papers 13092, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Kao, Chihwa, 1999. "Spurious regression and residual-based tests for cointegration in panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 1-44, May.
- Jayasinghe, Prabhath & Tsui, Albert K., 2008.
"Exchange rate exposure of sectoral returns and volatilities: Evidence from Japanese industrial sectors,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 639-660, December.
- Prabhath Jayasinghe & Albert K. Tsui, 2007. "Exchange Rate Exposure of Sectoral Returns and Volatilities: Evidence from Japanese Industrial Sectors," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0710, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- Dominguez, Kathryn M.E. & Tesar, Linda L., 2006. "Exchange rate exposure," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 188-218, January.
- Leland Crane & Meredith A. Crowley & Saad Quayyum, 2007. "Understanding the evolution of trade deficits: trade elasticities of industrialized countries," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q IV, pages 2-17.
- Goldstein, Morris & Khan, Mohsin S., 1985. "Income and price effects in foreign trade," Handbook of International Economics,in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 20, pages 1041-1105 Elsevier.
- THORBECKE, Willem, 2012. "The Short- and Long-Run Effects of Exchange Rate Changes on the Japanese Electronics Industry," Discussion papers 12019, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Chamberlain, Sandra & Howe, John S. & Popper, Helen, 1997.
"The exchange rate exposure of U.S. and Japanese banking institutions,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 871-892, June.
- Sandra Chamberlain & John S. Howe & Helen Popper, 1995. "The exchange rate exposure of U.S. and Japanese banking institutions," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 95-11, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Sandra L. Chamberlain & John S. Howe & Helen Popper, 1996. "The Exchange Rate Exposure of U.S. and Japanese Banking Institutions," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-55, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Ceglowski, Janet, 2010. "Has pass-through to export prices risen? Evidence for Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 86-98, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shin-ichi Fukuda & Tsutomu Doita, 2015. "Unconventional Monetary Policy and its External Effects: Evidence from Japanâ€™s Exports," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-967, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Shin-ichi Fukuda & Tsutomu Doita, 2016. "Unconventional Monetary Policy and its External Effects: Evidence from Japan's Exports," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 54(1), pages 59-79, March.
More about this item
KeywordsExchange rate elasticities; Exchange rate pass-through; Japan;
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-26 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cii:cepidt:2012-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cepiifr.html .