Quality and efficiency of home help elderly care in Japan: Evidence from micro-level data
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 21 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622903|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gertler, Paul J & Waldman, Donald M, 1992. "Quality-Adjusted Cost Functions and Policy Evaluation in the Nursing Home Industry," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(6), pages 1232-56, December.
- Hirth, Richard A., 1999. "Consumer information and competition between nonprofit and for-profit nursing homes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 219-240, April.
- SHIMIZUTANI Satoshi & SUZUKI Wataru, 2002. "The Quality and Efficiency of At-Home Long-term Care in Japan: Evidence from Micro-level Data," ESRI Discussion paper series 018, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Nyman, John A & Bricker, Dennis L, 1989. "Profit Incentives and Technical Efficiency in the Production of Nursing Home Care," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(4), pages 586-94, November.
- Niccie L. McKay, 1988. "An Econometric Analysis of Costs and Scale Economies in the Nursing Home Industry," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(1), pages 57-75.
- Gertler, Paul J, 1992. "Medicaid and the Cost of Improving Access to Nursing Home Care," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(2), pages 338-45, May.
- Gertler, Paul J., 1989. "Subsidies, quality, and the regulation of nursing homes," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 33-52, February.
- Mitchell Olivia S. & PIGGOTT John & SHIMIZUTANI Satoshi, 2004.
"Aged-Care Support in Japan: Perspectives and Challenges,"
ESRI Discussion paper series
118, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Olivia S. Mitchell & John Piggott & Satoshi Shimizutani, 2004. "Aged-Care Support in Japan: Perspectives and Challenges," NBER Working Papers 10882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, A. James & Birnbaum, Howard & Bishop, Christine, 1983. "How nursing homes behave: A multi-equation model of nursing home behavior," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 17(23), pages 1897-1906, January.
- John A. Nyman, 1988. "Excess Demand, the Percentage of Medicaid Patients, and the Quality of Nursing Home Care," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(1), pages 76-92.
- A. G. Holtmann & Todd L. Idson, 1993. "Wage Determination of Registered Nurses in Proprietary and Nonprofit Nursing Homes," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(1), pages 55-79.
- Cohen, Joel W. & Spector, William D., 1996. "The effect of Medicaid reimbursement on quality of care in nursing homes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 23-48, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jjieco:v:21:y:2007:i:2:p:287-301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.