Nonprofit and For-profit Providers in Japan's At-home Care Industry: Evidence on Quality of Service and Household Choice
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Satoshi Shimizutani & Haruko Noguchi, 2005. "Nonprofit and for-profit providers in Japan's at-home care industry: evidence on quality of service and household choice," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 9(3), pages 1-13.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shimizutani, Satoshi & Suzuki, Wataru, 2007. "Quality and efficiency of home help elderly care in Japan: Evidence from micro-level data," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 287-301, June.
- Olivia S. Mitchell & John Piggott & Satoshi Shimizutani, 2004.
"Aged-Care Support in Japan: Perspectives and Challenges,"
NBER Working Papers
10882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mitchell Olivia S. & PIGGOTT John & SHIMIZUTANI Satoshi, 2004. "Aged-Care Support in Japan: Perspectives and Challenges," ESRI Discussion paper series 118, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Newhouse, Joseph P, 1970. "Toward a Theory of Nonprofit Institutions: An Economic Model of a Hospital," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 64-74, March.
- Gertler, Paul J., 1989. "Subsidies, quality, and the regulation of nursing homes," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 33-52, February.
- David Easley & Maureen O'Hara, 1983. "The Economic Role of the Nonprofit Firm," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 531-538, Autumn.
- SHIMIZUTANI Satoshi & NOGUCHI Haruko, 2002. "Earnings and Quality Differentials in For-Profit versus Nonprofit Long-Term Care: Evidence from Japan's Long-Term Care Market," ESRI Discussion paper series 017, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Noguchi, Haruko & Shimizutani, Satoshi, 2007.
"Nonprofit/for-profit status and earning differentials in the Japanese at-home elderly care industry: Evidence from micro-level data on home helpers and staff nurses,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 106-120, March.
- Haruko Noguchi & Satoshi Shimizutani, 2005. "Nonprofit/For-Profit Status and Earning Differentials in the Japanese At-home Elderly Care Industry: Evidence from Micro-level Data on Home Helpers and Staff Nurses," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d04-76, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Noguchi, Haruko & Shimizutani, Satoshi, 2009.
"Supplier density and at-home care use in Japan: Evidence from a micro-level survey on long-term care receivers,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 365-372, December.
- Noguchi, Haruko & Shimizutani, Satoshi, 2009. "Supplier Density and At-home Care Use in Japan: Evidence from a Micro-level Survey on Long Term Care Receivers," PIE/CIS Discussion Paper 434, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Katsuyoshi Nakazawa, 2013. "Differential market entry determinants for for-profit and nonprofit long-term care providers," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201313, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Matthew A. COLE & Robert J R ELLIOTT & OKUBO Toshihiro & Eric STROBL, 2013. "The Future of Long-term Care in Japan," Discussion papers 13064, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- NOGUCHI Haruko & SATOSHI Shimizutani, 2005. "Supplier-Induced Demand in Japan's At-home Care Industry: Evidence from Micro-level Survey on Care Receivers," ESRI Discussion paper series 148, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Satoshi Shimizutani, 2006. "Japan's Long-term Care Insurance Program: An Overview," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 142(V), pages 23-28.
- Tokunaga, Mutsumi & Hashimoto, Hideki, 2013. "Factors affecting the entry of for-profit providers into a price regulated market for formal long-term care services: A case study from Japan," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 143-149.
More about this item
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
- L8 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-02-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2005-02-20 (Health Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2005-02-20 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hst:hstdps:d04-73. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tatsuji Makino). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iehitjp.html .