2013, Volume 104, Issue C
- 178-186 Economic assessment of the mobilized thermal energy storage (M-TES) system for distributed heat supply
by Li, Hailong & Wang, Weilong & Yan, Jinyue & Dahlquist, Erik
- 187-196 The selection of volume ratio of two-stage rotary compressor and its effects on air-to-water heat pump with flash tank cycle
by Ko, Younghwan & Park, Sangkyoung & Jin, Simon & Kim, Byungsoon & Jeong, Ji Hwan
- 197-206 Low severity dilute-acid hydrolysis of sweet sorghum bagasse
by Banerji, Aditi & Balakrishnan, M. & Kishore, V.V.N.
- 207-219 Potential of air-side economizers for data center cooling: A case study for key Australian cities
by Siriwardana, Jayantha & Jayasekara, Saliya & Halgamuge, Saman K.
- 220-228 Investigating the price discovery and risk transfer functions in the crude oil and gasoline futures markets: Some empirical evidence
by Zhang, Yue-Jun & Wang, Zi-Yi
- 229-238 Hierarchical market integration of responsive loads as spinning reserve
by Wang, D. & Parkinson, S. & Miao, W. & Jia, H. & Crawford, C. & Djilali, N.
- 239-249 Economic and environmental impact of lead-acid batteries in grid-connected domestic PV systems
by McKenna, Eoghan & McManus, Marcelle & Cooper, Sam & Thomson, Murray
- 250-257 Optimal operation scheduling of a pumping station with multiple pumps
by Zhuan, Xiangtao & Xia, Xiaohua
- 258-267 An empirical analysis of the role of China’s exports on CO2 emissions
by Michieka, Nyakundi M. & Fletcher, Jerald & Burnett, Wesley
- 268-275 Effect of rotational speed on the performances of a desiccant wheel
by Angrisani, Giovanni & Roselli, Carlo & Sasso, Maurizio
- 276-285 Exploring drivers for energy efficiency within small- and medium-sized enterprises: First evidences from Italian manufacturing enterprises
by Cagno, Enrico & Trianni, Andrea
- 286-296 Performance of a pellet boiler fired with agricultural fuels
by Carvalho, Lara & Wopienka, Elisabeth & Pointner, Christian & Lundgren, Joakim & Verma, Vijay Kumar & Haslinger, Walter & Schmidl, Christoph
- 297-305 Exploring the nexus of electricity consumption, economic growth, energy prices and technology innovation in Malaysia
by Tang, Chor Foon & Tan, Eu Chye
- 306-309 Catalytic activity of Ni3S2 and effects of reactor wall in hydrogen production from water with hydrogen sulphide as a reducer under hydrothermal conditions
by Wang, Yuanqing & Jin, Fangming & Zeng, Xu & Ma, Cuixiang & Wang, Fengwen & Yao, Guodong & Jing, Zhenzi
- 310-318 The dynamic links between CO2 emissions, economic growth and coal consumption in China and India
by Chandran Govindaraju, V.G.R. & Tang, Chor Foon
- 319-325 Energy market integration and equitable growth across countries
by Sheng, Yu & Shi, Xunpeng
- 326-336 Energy harvesting from the FC stack that operates using the MPP tracking based on modified extremum seeking control
by Bizon, Nicu
- 337-344 A case study on energy consumption and overheating for a UK industrial building with rooflights
by Wang, Xiaoxin & Kendrick, Christopher & Ogden, Raymond & Walliman, Nicholas & Baiche, Bousmaha
- 345-352 Biomass production of Scenedesmus obliquus from mixtures of urban and olive-oil mill wastewaters used as culture medium
by Hodaifa, Gassan & Sánchez, Sebastián & Martínez, Mª. Eugenia & Órpez, Rafael
- 353-361 A mixed integer non-linear programming model for tactical value chain optimization of a wood biomass power plant
by Shabani, Nazanin & Sowlati, Taraneh
- 362-370 Using Taguchi method on combustion performance of a diesel engine with diesel/biodiesel blend and port-inducting H2
by Wu, Horng-Wen & Wu, Zhan-Yi
- 371-378 Are fluctuations in energy variables permanent or transitory? A survey of the literature on the integration properties of energy consumption and production
by Smyth, Russell
- 379-391 Development of polynomial regression models for composite dynamic envelopes’ thermal performance forecasting
by Mavromatidis, Lazaros Elias & Bykalyuk, Anna & Lequay, Hervé
- 392-399 Analytical models for the computation and optimization of single and double glazing flat plate solar collectors with normal and small air gap spacing
by Subiantoro, Alison & Ooi, Kim Tiow
- 400-407 Air-breathing membraneless laminar flow-based fuel cells: Do they breathe enough oxygen?
by Xuan, Jin & Leung, D.Y.C. & Wang, Huizhi & Leung, Michael K.H. & Wang, Bin & Ni, Meng
- 408-417 Impact of finite-rate kinetics on carbon conversion in a high-pressure, single-stage entrained flow gasifier with coal–CO2 slurry feed
by Botero, Cristina & Field, Randall P. & Herzog, Howard J. & Ghoniem, Ahmed F.
- 418-433 Adsorbents for the post-combustion capture of CO2 using rapid temperature swing or vacuum swing adsorption
by Hedin, Niklas & Andersson, Linnéa & Bergström, Lennart & Yan, Jinyue
- 434-444 Thermal and water management of low temperature Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell in fork-lift truck power system
by Hosseinzadeh, Elham & Rokni, Masoud & Rabbani, Abid & Mortensen, Henrik Hilleke
- 445-456 Electric vehicles and large-scale integration of wind power – The case of Inner Mongolia in China
by Liu, Wen & Hu, Weihao & Lund, Henrik & Chen, Zhe
- 457-465 Energy conservation in China: Key provincial sectors at two-digit level
by Liao, Hua & Du, Jian & Wei, Yi-Ming
- 466-474 Impact assessment of global and national biofuels developments on agriculture in Pakistan
by Ali, Tariq & Huang, Jikun & Yang, Jun
- 475-486 Macroeconomic effects of oil price shocks in Brazil and in the United States
by Cavalcanti, Tiago & Jalles, João Tovar
- 487-496 Strategic perspectives on energy management: A case study in the process industry
by Rudberg, Martin & Waldemarsson, Martin & Lidestam, Helene
- 497-502 Consistent ocean wave energy harvesting using electroactive polymer (dielectric elastomer) artificial muscle generators
by Chiba, S. & Waki, M. & Wada, T. & Hirakawa, Y. & Masuda, K. & Ikoma, T.
- 503-509 Recoverable and reusable hydrochloric acid used as a homogeneous catalyst for biodiesel production
by Su, Chia-Hung
- 510-516 Analytical model for short-time responses of ground heat exchangers with U-shaped tubes: Model development and validation
by Li, Min & Lai, Alvin C.K.
- 517-526 Integration of bioethanol as an in-process material in biorefineries using mass pinch analysis
by Martinez-Hernandez, Elias & Sadhukhan, Jhuma & Campbell, Grant M.
- 527-537 Predicting the behavior of a grid-connected photovoltaic system from measurements of solar radiation and ambient temperature
by Hernandez, J. & Gordillo, G. & Vallejo, W.
- 538-553 A review of solar collectors and thermal energy storage in solar thermal applications
by Tian, Y. & Zhao, C.Y.
- 554-567 An overview of developments in adsorption refrigeration systems towards a sustainable way of cooling
by Choudhury, Biplab & Saha, Bidyut Baran & Chatterjee, Pradip K. & Sarkar, Jyoti Prakas
- 568-575 A spectroscopy study of gasoline partially premixed compression ignition spark assisted combustion
by Pastor, J.V. & García-Oliver, J.M. & García, A. & Micó, C. & Durrett, R.
- 576-582 Trends in global warming and human health impacts related to Brazilian sugarcane ethanol production considering black carbon emissions
by Galdos, Marcelo & Cavalett, Otávio & Seabra, Joaquim E.A. & Nogueira, Luiz Augusto Horta & Bonomi, Antonio
- 583-591 Flexibility of a combined heat and power system with thermal energy storage for district heating
by Nuytten, Thomas & Claessens, Bert & Paredis, Kristof & Van Bael, Johan & Six, Daan
- 592-602 A novel hybrid process of reverse electrodialysis and reverse osmosis for low energy seawater desalination and brine management
by Li, Weiyi & Krantz, William B. & Cornelissen, Emile R. & Post, Jan W. & Verliefde, Arne R.D. & Tang, Chuyang Y.
- 603-610 Simulation of thermal performance of horizontal slinky-loop heat exchangers for ground source heat pumps
by Chong, Chiew Shan Anthony & Gan, Guohui & Verhoef, Anne & Garcia, Raquel Gonzalez & Vidale, Pier Luigi
- 611-622 A techno-economic evaluation of a biomass energy conversion park
by Van Dael, Miet & Van Passel, Steven & Pelkmans, Luc & Guisson, Ruben & Reumermann, Patrick & Luzardo, Nathalie Marquez & Witters, Nele & Broeze, Jan
- 623-632 Integrated biomass-based production of district heat, electricity, motor fuels and pellets of different scales
by Truong, Nguyen Le & Gustavsson, Leif
- 633-641 Environmental performance of crop residues as an energy source for electricity production: The case of wheat straw in Denmark
by Nguyen, Thu Lan T. & Hermansen, John E. & Mogensen, Lisbeth
- 642-652 The role of grid extensions in a cost-efficient transformation of the European electricity system until 2050
by Fürsch, Michaela & Hagspiel, Simeon & Jägemann, Cosima & Nagl, Stephan & Lindenberger, Dietmar & Tröster, Eckehard
- 653-665 CFD modeling of oxy-coal combustion: Prediction of burnout, volatile and NO precursors release
by Álvarez, L. & Gharebaghi, M. & Jones, J.M. & Pourkashanian, M. & Williams, A. & Riaza, J. & Pevida, C. & Pis, J.J. & Rubiera, F.
- 666-682 Integration of intermittent renewable power supply using grid-connected vehicles – A 2030 case study for California and Germany
by Dallinger, David & Gerda, Schubert & Wietschel, Martin
- 683-710 A review on novel processes of biodiesel production from waste cooking oil
by Talebian-Kiakalaieh, Amin & Amin, Nor Aishah Saidina & Mazaheri, Hossein
- 711-722 Electric storage in California’s commercial buildings
by Stadler, M. & Kloess, M. & Groissböck, M. & Cardoso, G. & Sharma, R. & Bozchalui, M.C. & Marnay, C.
- 723-739 Development of an Environment and energy Geographical Information System (E-GIS) construction model to support environmentally friendly urban planning
by Yeo, In-Ae & Yoon, Seong-Hwan & Yee, Jurng-Jae
- 740-750 Off-grid photovoltaic vehicle charge using second life lithium batteries: An experimental and numerical investigation
by Tong, Shi Jie & Same, Adam & Kootstra, Mark A. & Park, Jae Wan
- 751-757 Evaluation of self-water-removal in a dead-ended proton exchange membrane fuel cell
by Wan, Zhongmin & Liu, Jing & Luo, Zhiping & Tu, Zhengkai & Liu, Zhichun & Liu, Wei
- 758-771 Methodology to design a bottoming Rankine cycle, as a waste energy recovering system in vehicles. Study in a HDD engine
by Macián, V. & Serrano, J.R. & Dolz, V. & Sánchez, J.
- 772-776 Effect of reaction parameters on the quality of captured sulfur in Claus process
by Selim, H. & Gupta, A.K. & Al Shoaibi, A.
- 777-782 Direct conversion of liquid natural gas (LNG) to syngas and ethylene using non-equilibrium pulsed discharge
by Ding, Mingyue & Hayakawa, Taichi & Zeng, Chunyang & Jin, Yuzhou & Zhang, Qi & Wang, Tiejun & Ma, Longlong & Yoneyama, Yoshiharu & Tsubaki, Noritatsu
- 783-790 A novel graphical approach to target CO2 emissions for energy resource planning and utility system optimization
by Al-Mayyahi, Mohmmad A. & Hoadley, Andrew F.A. & Rangaiah, G.P.
- 791-800 Modeling of TABS-based thermally manageable buildings in Simulink
by Ma, Peizheng & Wang, Lin-Shu & Guo, Nianhua
- 801-809 Qualitative and quantitative analysis of lignocellulosic biomass using infrared techniques: A mini-review
by Xu, Feng & Yu, Jianming & Tesso, Tesfaye & Dowell, Floyd & Wang, Donghai
- 810-821 A hybrid multi-effect distillation and adsorption cycle
by Thu, Kyaw & Kim, Young-Deuk & Amy, Gary & Chun, Won Gee & Ng, Kim Choon
- 822-833 Reliability assessment of photovoltaic power systems: Review of current status and future perspectives
by Zhang, Peng & Li, Wenyuan & Li, Sherwin & Wang, Yang & Xiao, Weidong
- 834-844 An overview of data for wake model evaluation in the Virtual Wakes Laboratory
by Barthelmie, R.J. & Pryor, S.C.
- 845-859 Green roofs in European climates. Are effective solutions for the energy savings in air-conditioning?
by Ascione, Fabrizio & Bianco, Nicola & de’ Rossi, Filippo & Turni, Gianluca & Vanoli, Giuseppe Peter
- 860-868 Producing liquid transportation fuels from heterotrophic microalgae
by Liang, Yanna
- 869-879 IGCC–EPI: Decentralized concept of a highly load-flexible IGCC power plant for excess power integration
by Buttler, Alexander & Kunze, Christian & Spliethoff, Hartmut
- 880-889 The sclerosis of regional electricity intensities in Italy: An aggregate and sectoral analysis
by Vaona, Andrea
- 890-897 Gelled graphite/gelatin composites for latent heat cold storage
by Vitorino, Nuno & Abrantes, João C.C. & Frade, Jorge Ribeiro
- 898-904 Surface roughness effect on the metallic bipolar plates of a proton exchange membrane fuel cell
by Lin, Chien-Hung
- 905-909 Improved yield of solvent free enzymatic methanolysis of palm and jatropha oils blended with castor oil
by Maleki, Esmat & Aroua, Mohamed Kheireddine & Sulaiman, Nik Meriam Nik
- 910-923 Optimization criteria for cogeneration systems: Multi-objective approach and application in an hospital facility
by Gimelli, Alfredo & Muccillo, Massimiliano
- 924-935 Sustainable urban energy planning: The case study of a tropical city
by Sampaio, Henrique César & Dias, Rubens Alves & Balestieri, José Antônio Perrella
- 936-944 Profit and policy implications of producing biodiesel–ethanol–diesel fuel blends to specification
by Lin, Jiefeng & Gaustad, Gabrielle & Trabold, Thomas A.
- 945-957 Robust control of the PEM fuel cell air-feed system via sub-optimal second order sliding mode
by Matraji, Imad & Laghrouche, Salah & Jemei, Samir & Wack, Maxime
- 958-977 Nonlinear heat transfer processes in a two-phase thermofluidic oscillator
by Markides, Christos N. & Osuolale, Adebayo & Solanki, Roochi & Stan, Guy-Bart V.
- 978-983 A new bladeless hydraulic turbine
by Beran, V. & Sedláček, M. & Marˇs´ık, F.
- 984-991 Optimizing solid oxide fuel cell cathode processing route for intermediate temperature operation
by Ortiz-Vitoriano, N. & Bernuy-López, C. & Ruiz de Larramendi, I. & Knibbe, R. & Thydén, K. & Hauch, A. & Holtappels, P. & Rojo, T.
- 992-1002 Study on the effect of engine operation parameters on cyclic combustion variations and correlation coefficient between the pressure-related parameters of a CNG engine
by Zhang, H.G. & Han, X.J. & Yao, B.F. & Li, G.X.
2013, Volume 103, Issue C
- 1-11 Transient effect of soil thermal conductivity and duration of operation on performance of Earth Air Tunnel Heat Exchanger
by Bansal, Vikas & Misra, Rohit & Agarwal, Ghanshyam Das & Mathur, Jyotirmay
- 12-24 Evaluation of thermal response and performance of PHC energy pile: Field experiments and numerical simulation
by Park, Hyunku & Lee, Seung-Rae & Yoon, Seok & Choi, Jung-Chan
- 25-31 Feasibility of utilizing renewable energy systems for a small hotel in Ajloun city, Jordan
by Aagreh, Yaser & Al-Ghzawi, Audai
- 32-38 Feasibility of rice straw as alternate substrate for biobutanol production
by Ranjan, Amrita & Khanna, Swati & Moholkar, V.S.
- 39-51 Intelligent demand side energy management system for autonomous polygeneration microgrids
by Kyriakarakos, George & Piromalis, Dimitrios D. & Dounis, Anastasios I. & Arvanitis, Konstantinos G. & Papadakis, George
- 52-60 Assessing the state of knowledge of utility-scale wind energy development and operation on non-volant terrestrial and marine wildlife
by Lovich, Jeffrey E. & Ennen, Joshua R.
- 61-72 Anaerobic treatment of apple waste with swine manure for biogas production: Batch and continuous operation
by Kafle, Gopi Krishna & Kim, Sang Hun
- 73-84 Thermal analysis of solar receiver pipes with superheated steam
by Roldán, M.I. & Valenzuela, L. & Zarza, E.
- 85-96 Experimental analysis of an on demand external domestic hot water production system using four control strategies
by Fernández-Seara, José & Uhía, Francisco J. & Pardiñas, Ángel Á. & Bastos, Santiago
- 97-108 Study on performance of energy-efficient retrofitting measures on commercial building external walls in cooling-dominant cities
by Huang, Yu & Niu, Jian-lei & Chung, Tse-ming
- 109-115 Effect of water and air flow on concentric tubular solar water desalting system
by Arunkumar, T. & Jayaprakash, R. & Ahsan, Amimul & Denkenberger, D. & Okundamiya, M.S.
- 116-127 Characterization of a radial turbocharger turbine in pulsating flow by means of CFD and its application to engine modeling
by Galindo, J. & Fajardo, P. & Navarro, R. & García-Cuevas, L.M.
- 128-134 Evaluation and comparison of algal cell disruption methods: Microwave, waterbath, blender, ultrasonic and laser treatment
by McMillan, Jonathan R. & Watson, Ian A. & Ali, Mehmood & Jaafar, Weaam
- 135-144 A two-stage stochastic programming model for the optimal design of distributed energy systems
by Zhou, Zhe & Zhang, Jianyun & Liu, Pei & Li, Zheng & Georgiadis, Michael C. & Pistikopoulos, Efstratios N.
- 145-154 Economic analysis and optimal energy management models for microgrid systems: A case study in Taiwan
by Chen, Yen-Haw & Lu, Su-Ying & Chang, Yung-Ruei & Lee, Ta-Tung & Hu, Ming-Che
- 155-164 Optimum capacity determination of stand-alone hybrid generation system considering cost and reliability
by Chen, Hung-Cheng
- 165-179 Compressed air energy storage (CAES) with compressors distributed at heat loads to enable waste heat utilization
by Safaei, Hossein & Keith, David W. & Hugo, Ronald J.
- 180-188 Experimental investigation of frost and defrost performance of microchannel heat exchangers for heat pump systems
by Xu, Bo & Han, Qing & Chen, Jiangping & Li, Feng & Wang, Nianjie & Li, Dong & Pan, Xiaoyong
- 189-196 Stochastic production planning for a biofuel supply chain under demand and price uncertainties
by Awudu, Iddrisu & Zhang, Jun
- 197-206 Investigation on potential applicability of subsurface cooling in Singapore
by Liu, Y. & Qin, X.S. & Chiew, Y.M.
- 207-211 Increasing the rate capability of batteries with electrolyte flow
by Kim, Sun Ung & Monroe, Charles W.
- 212-220 An overview on non-platinum cathode catalysts for direct methanol fuel cell
by Karim, N.A. & Kamarudin, S.K.
- 221-233 A fast and accurate physics-based model for the NOx emissions of Diesel engines
by Asprion, Jonas & Chinellato, Oscar & Guzzella, Lino
- 234-242 Using geographic information systems to assess potential biofuel crop production on urban marginal lands
by Niblick, Briana & Monnell, Jason D. & Zhao, Xi & Landis, Amy E.
- 243-255 Benefits of hydraulic layout over driving system in piezo-injectors and proposal of a new-concept CR injector with an integrated Minirail
by Ferrari, A. & Mittica, A. & Spessa, E.
- 256-265 Cyclic operation of molten-salt thermal energy storage in thermoclines for solar power plants
by Yang, Zhen & Garimella, Suresh V.
- 266-277 CFD analysis based parametric study of derating factor for Earth Air Tunnel Heat Exchanger
by Misra, Rohit & Bansal, Vikas & Agrawal, Ghanshyam Das & Mathur, Jyotirmay & Aseri, Tarun K.
- 278-289 Simulation of photovoltaic centrals with dynamic shading
by Sánchez Reinoso, Carlos R. & Milone, Diego H. & Buitrago, Román H.
- 290-297 Intensified thermal integration in batch reactive distillation
by Maiti, Debadrita & Jana, Amiya K. & Samanta, Amar Nath
- 298-305 Heliostat-field gain-scheduling control applied to a two-step solar hydrogen production plant
by Roca, Lidia & de la Calle, Alberto & Yebra, Luis J.
- 306-316 Analysis of the energy and environmental effects of green car deployment by an integrating energy system model with a forecasting model
by Lee, Duk Hee & Park, Sang Yong & Hong, Jong Chul & Choi, Sang Jin & Kim, Jong Wook
- 317-327 Effects of reaction chamber geometry on the performance and heat/mass transport phenomenon for a cylindrical methanol steam reformer
by Perng, Shiang-Wuu & Horng, Rong-Fang & Ku, Hui-Wen
- 328-340 Kernel ridge regression with active learning for wind speed prediction
by Douak, Fouzi & Melgani, Farid & Benoudjit, Nabil
- 341-349 A process for biodiesel production involving the heterotrophic fermentation of Chlorella protothecoides with glycerol as the carbon source
by Cerón-García, M.C. & Macías-Sánchez, M.D. & Sánchez-Mirón, A. & García-Camacho, F. & Molina-Grima, E.
- 350-357 Operating condition optimization of corncob hydrothermal conversion for bio-oil production
by Gan, Jing & Yuan, Wenqiao
- 358-367 Optimization of thermoacoustic refrigerators using second law analysis
by Piccolo, A.
- 368-374 Swarm intelligence and gravitational search algorithm for multi-objective optimization of synthesis gas production
by Ganesan, T. & Elamvazuthi, I. & Ku Shaari, Ku Zilati & Vasant, P.
- 375-392 Extinction, discharge, and thrust characteristics of methanol fueled meso-scale thrust chamber
by Shirsat, V. & Gupta, A.K.
- 393-399 Heat storage properties of the cement mortar incorporated with composite phase change material
by Li, Min & Wu, Zhishen & Tan, Jinmiao
- 400-415 Computational studies on a latent thermal energy storage system with integral heat pipes for concentrating solar power
by Nithyanandam, K. & Pitchumani, R.
- 416-427 A coupled numerical approach on museum air conditioning: Energy and fluid-dynamic analysis
by Ascione, Fabrizio & Bellia, Laura & Capozzoli, Alfonso
- 428-434 Alkali production from bipolar membrane electrodialysis powered by microbial fuel cell and application for biogas upgrading
by Chen, Man & Zhang, Fang & Zhang, Yan & Zeng, Raymond J.
- 435-443 A frequency domain approach to characterize and analyze wind speed patterns
by Jung, Jaesung & Tam, Kwa-Sur
- 444-467 Biodiesel from microalgae: A critical evaluation from laboratory to large scale production
by Rawat, I. & Ranjith Kumar, R. & Mutanda, T. & Bux, F.
- 468-476 Process consideration of fry-drying combined with steam compression for efficient fuel production from sewage sludge
by Hong, Sungpyo & Ryu, Changkook & Ko, Han Seo & Ohm, Tae-In & Chae, Jong-Seong
- 477-487 Optimal sizing of plug-in fuel cell electric vehicles using models of vehicle performance and system cost
by Xu, Liangfei & Ouyang, Minggao & Li, Jianqiu & Yang, Fuyuan & Lu, Languang & Hua, Jianfeng
- 488-506 Total cost of ownership, payback, and consumer preference modeling of plug-in hybrid electric vehicles
by Al-Alawi, Baha M. & Bradley, Thomas H.
- 507-513 Ti4O7 supported Ru@Pt core–shell catalyst for CO-tolerance in PEM fuel cell hydrogen oxidation reaction
by Zhang, Lei & Kim, Jenny & Zhang, Jiujun & Nan, Feihong & Gauquelin, Nicolas & Botton, Gianluigi A. & He, Ping & Bashyam, Rajesh & Knights, Shanna
- 514-521 Steam treatment of four softwood species and bark to produce torrefied wood
by Tooyserkani, Zahra & Sokhansanj, Shahab & Bi, Xiaotao & Lim, Jim & Lau, Anthony & Saddler, Jack & Kumar, Linoj & Lam, Pak Sui & Melin, Staffan
- 522-538 Analysis of the control structure of wind energy generation systems based on a permanent magnet synchronous generator
by Carranza, O. & Figueres, E. & Garcerá, G. & Gonzalez-Medina, R.
- 539-551 Framework for the implementation of a new renewable energy system in an educational facility
by Hong, Taehoon & Koo, Choongwan & Kwak, Taehyun
- 552-561 Exergy analysis of a high-temperature-steam-driven, varied-pressure, humidification–dehumidification system coupled with reverse osmosis
by Al-Sulaiman, Fahad A. & Prakash Narayan, G. & Lienhard, John H.
- 562-570 Reflective coatings for interior and exterior of buildings and improving thermal performance
by Joudi, Ali & Svedung, Harald & Cehlin, Mathias & Rönnelid, Mats
- 571-580 Experimental study on the effects of the operation conditions on the performance of a chemisorption air conditioner powered by low grade heat
by Kiplagat, J.K. & Wang, R.Z. & Oliveira, R.G. & Li, T.X. & Liang, M.
- 581-587 Experimental study on the hydrogen charge and discharge rates of metal hydride tanks using heat pipes to enhance heat transfer
by Chung, C.A. & Yang, Su-Wen & Yang, Chien-Yuh & Hsu, Che-Weu & Chiu, Pai-Yuh
- 588-606 Solar heating and cooling systems by CPVT and ET solar collectors: A novel transient simulation model
by Buonomano, A. & Calise, F. & Palombo, A.
- 607-617 Incorporating available micro gas turbines and fuel cell: Matching considerations and performance evaluation
by Bakalis, Diamantis P. & Stamatis, Anastassios G.
- 618-626 Design guidelines for thermo-photo-voltaic generator: The critical role of the emitter size
by Attolini, G. & Bosi, M. & Ferrari, C. & Melino, F.
- 627-641 Calibration and uncertainty analysis for computer models – A meta-model based approach for integrated building energy simulation
by Manfren, Massimiliano & Aste, Niccolò & Moshksar, Reza
- 642-652 A review on solar stills for brine desalination
by Xiao, Gang & Wang, Xihui & Ni, Mingjiang & Wang, Fei & Zhu, Weijun & Luo, Zhongyang & Cen, Kefa
- 653-670 An aggregated energy security performance indicator
by Martchamadol, Jutamanee & Kumar, S.
- 671-678 A hybrid solar and chemical looping combustion system for solar thermal energy storage
by Jafarian, Mehdi & Arjomandi, Maziar & Nathan, Graham J.
- 679-684 Grass pellet Quality Index: A tool to evaluate suitability of grass pellets for small scale combustion systems
by Cherney, Jerome H. & Verma, Vijay Kumar
- 685-691 Energy efficiency of elevated water supply tanks for high-rise buildings
by Cheung, C.T. & Mui, K.W. & Wong, L.T.
- 692-699 Fixed bed downdraft gasification of paper industry wastes
by Ouadi, M. & Brammer, J.G. & Kay, M. & Hornung, A.
- 700-711 Exergoeconomic comparison of double effect and combined ejector-double effect absorption refrigeration systems
by Garousi Farshi, L. & Mahmoudi, S.M.S. & Rosen, M.A.
- 712-720 Process intensification for biodiesel production from Jatropha curcas L. seeds: Supercritical reactive extraction process parameters study
by Lim, Steven & Lee, Keat Teong
2013, Volume 102, Issue C
- 5-12 Environmental benefits of the integrated production of ethanol and biodiesel
by Souza, Simone Pereira & Seabra, Joaquim E.A.
- 13-23 Application of bioethanol/RME/diesel blend in a Euro5 automotive diesel engine: Potentiality of closed loop combustion control technology
by Guido, Chiara & Beatrice, Carlo & Napolitano, Pierpaolo
- 24-31 Characterization of microalga Chlorella as a fuel and its thermogravimetric behavior
by Rizzo, Andrea Maria & Prussi, Matteo & Bettucci, Lorenzo & Libelli, Ilaria Marsili & Chiaramonti, David
- 32-43 Heat integration of biochemical ethanol production from straw – A case study
by Kravanja, Philipp & Modarresi, Ala & Friedl, Anton
- 44-54 Effects of low temperature on the cold start gaseous emissions from light duty vehicles fuelled by ethanol-blended gasoline
by Clairotte, M. & Adam, T.W. & Zardini, A.A. & Manfredi, U. & Martini, G. & Krasenbrink, A. & Vicet, A. & Tournié, E. & Astorga, C.
- 55-62 Biofuel greenhouse gas calculations under the European Renewable Energy Directive – A comparison of the BioGrace tool vs. the tool of the Roundtable on Sustainable Biofuels
by Hennecke, Anna M. & Faist, Mireille & Reinhardt, Jürgen & Junquera, Victoria & Neeft, John & Fehrenbach, Horst
- 63-71 Technologies for energetic exploitation of biodiesel chain derived glycerol: Oxy-fuels production by catalytic conversion
by Beatrice, Carlo & Di Blasio, Gabriele & Lazzaro, Maurizio & Cannilla, Catia & Bonura, Giuseppe & Frusteri, Francesco & Asdrubali, Francesco & Baldinelli, Giorgio & Presciutti, Andrea & Fantozzi, Francesco & Bidini, Gianni & Bartocci, Pietro
- 72-86 Extending the role of alcohols as transport fuels using iso-stoichiometric ternary blends of gasoline, ethanol and methanol
by Turner, J.W.G. & Pearson, R.J. & Dekker, E. & Iosefa, B. & Johansson, K. & ac Bergström, K.
- 87-92 Selection and testing of Populus alba and Salix spp. as bioenergy feedstock: Preliminary results
by Rosso, Laura & Facciotto, Gianni & Bergante, Sara & Vietto, Lorenzo & Nervo, Giuseppe
- 93-100 Emissions of gaseous pollutant from motorcycle powered by ethanol–gasoline blend
by Yao, Yung-Chen & Tsai, Jiun-Horng & Wang, I-Ting
- 101-111 Review of energy balance in raceway ponds for microalgae cultivation: Re-thinking a traditional system is possible
by Chiaramonti, David & Prussi, Matteo & Casini, David & Tredici, Mario R. & Rodolfi, Liliana & Bassi, Niccolò & Zittelli, Graziella Chini & Bondioli, Paolo
- 112-123 Potential of greenhouse gas emission reduction in Thai road transport by ethanol bus technology
by Chollacoop, Nuwong & Saisirirat, Peerawat & Sukkasi, Sittha & Tongroon, Manida & Fukuda, Tuenjai & Fukuda, Atsushi & Nivitchanyong, Siriluck
- 124-130 Adaptation of a flocculent Saccharomyces cerevisiae strain to lignocellulosic inhibitors by cell recycle batch fermentation
by Landaeta, Roberto & Aroca, Germán & Acevedo, Fernando & Teixeira, José A. & Mussatto, Solange I.
- 131-139 Greenhouse gas emissions from first generation ethanol derived from wheat and sugar beet in Germany – Analysis and comparison of advanced by-product utilization pathways
by Weinberg, Jana & Kaltschmitt, Martin
- 140-149 The potential of methanol as a fuel for flex-fuel and dedicated spark-ignition engines
by Vancoillie, J. & Demuynck, J. & Sileghem, L. & Van De Ginste, M. & Verhelst, S. & Brabant, L. & Van Hoorebeke, L.
- 150-156 Overexpression of native PSE1 and SOD1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae improved heterologous cellulase secretion
by Kroukamp, Heinrich & den Haan, Riaan & van Wyk, Niël & van Zyl, Willem H.
- 157-162 From giant reed to levulinic acid and gamma-valerolactone: A high yield catalytic route to valeric biofuels
by Raspolli Galletti, Anna Maria & Antonetti, Claudia & Ribechini, Erika & Colombini, Maria Perla & Nassi o Di Nasso, Nicoletta & Bonari, Enrico
- 163-169 Enhancement of ethanol production from spruce wood chips by ionic liquid pretreatment
by Shafiei, Marzieh & Zilouei, Hamid & Zamani, Akram & Taherzadeh, Mohammad J. & Karimi, Keikhosro
- 170-178 Using an efficient fermenting yeast enhances ethanol production from unfiltered wheat bran hydrolysates
by Favaro, Lorenzo & Basaglia, Marina & van Zyl, Willem H. & Casella, Sergio
- 179-189 Hydrolysis of concentrated suspensions of steam pretreated Arundo donax
by De Bari, Isabella & Liuzzi, Federico & Villone, Antonio & Braccio, Giacobbe
- 190-197 The use of pyrolysis oil and pyrolysis oil derived fuels in diesel engines for CHP applications
by Van de Beld, Bert & Holle, Elmar & Florijn, Jan
- 198-203 Use of a two-chamber reactor to improve enzymatic hydrolysis and fermentation of lignocellulosic materials
by Viola, E. & Zimbardi, F. & Valerio, V. & Nanna, F. & Battafarano, A.
- 204-210 Bioethanol production from mandarin (Citrus unshiu) peel waste using popping pretreatment
by Choi, In Seong & Kim, Jae-Hoon & Wi, Seung Gon & Kim, Kyoung Hyoun & Bae, Hyeun-Jong
- 211-219 Feasibility of simultaneous saccharification and juice co-fermentation on hydrothermal pretreated sweet sorghum bagasse for ethanol production
by Rohowsky, Bernd & Häßler, Thomas & Gladis, Arne & Remmele, Edgar & Schieder, Doris & Faulstich, Martin
- 220-228 Impact of mechanization and previous burning reduction on GHG emissions of sugarcane harvesting operations in Brazil
by Capaz, Rafael Silva & Carvalho, Vanessa Silveira Barreto & Nogueira, Luiz Augusto Horta
- 229-240 Ethanol from Nordic wood raw material by simplified alkaline soda cooking pre-treatment
by von Schenck, A. & Berglin, N. & Uusitalo, J.
- 241-253 How sustainable is bioenergy production in the Philippines? A conjoint analysis of knowledge and opinions of people with different typologies
by Acosta, Lilibeth A. & Enano, Nelson H. & Magcale-Macandog, Damasa B. & Engay, Kathreena G. & Herrera, Maria Noriza Q. & Nicopior, Ozzy Boy S. & Sumilang, Mic Ivan V. & Eugenio, Jemimah Mae A. & Lucht, Wolfgang
- 254-259 Characterization of acid hydrolysis of sisal
by Lima, Clebson S.S. & Conceição, Marta M. & Silva, Flávio L.H. & Lima, Ezenildo E. & Conrado, Líbia S. & Leão, Douglas A.S.
- 260-265 A demonstration study of ethanol production from sweet sorghum stems with advanced solid state fermentation technology
by Li, Shizhong & Li, Guangming & Zhang, Lei & Zhou, Zhixing & Han, Bing & Hou, Wenhui & Wang, Jingbing & Li, Tiancheng
- 266-271 Land demand for ethanol production
by Leal, Manoel Regis L.V. & Horta Nogueira, Luiz A. & Cortez, Luis A.B.
- 272-282 Hydrogenation of rapeseed oil for production of liquid bio-chemicals
by Pinto, F. & Martins, S. & Gonçalves, M. & Costa, P. & Gulyurtlu, I. & Alves, A. & Mendes, B.
- 283-292 Transesterification of waste cooking oil by heteropoly acid (HPA) catalyst: Optimization and kinetic model
by Talebian-Kiakalaieh, Amin & Amin, Nor Aishah Saidina & Zarei, Alireza & Noshadi, Iman
- 293-298 CFD simulation of a TG–DSC furnace during the indium phase change process
by Comesaña, R. & Gómez, M.A. & Álvarez Feijoo, M.A. & Eguía, P.
- 299-308 Possibilities for sustainable biorefineries based on agricultural residues – A case study of potential straw-based ethanol production in Sweden
by Ekman, Anna & Wallberg, Ola & Joelsson, Elisabeth & Börjesson, Pål
- 309-319 Development and performance measurement of micro-power pack using micro-gas turbine driven automotive alternators
by Sim, Kyuho & Koo, Bonjin & Kim, Chang Ho & Kim, Tae Ho
- 320-326 Generalized predictive control applied in waste heat recovery power plants
by Zhang, Jianhua & Zhou, Yeli & Li, Ying & Hou, Guolian & Fang, Fang
- 327-335 Modeling of reciprocating internal combustion engines for power generation and heat recovery
by Yun, Kyung Tae & Cho, Heejin & Luck, Rogelio & Mago, Pedro J.
- 336-346 Dynamic modeling of a SI/HCCI free-piston engine generator with electric mechanical valves
by Chiang, Chia-Jui & Yang, Jing-Long & Lan, Shao-Ya & Shei, Tsung-Wei & Chiang, Wen-Shu & Chen, Bo-Liang
- 347-354 Energy efficient piston configuration for effective air motion – A CFD study
by Gnana Sagaya Raj, Antony Raj & Mallikarjuna, Jawali Maharudrappa & Ganesan, Venkitachalam
- 355-363 Experiments and stochastic simulations of lignite coal during pyrolysis and gasification
by Ahmed, I.I. & Gupta, A.K.
- 364-373 Single and double U-tube ground heat exchangers in multiple-layer substrates
by Florides, Georgios A. & Christodoulides, Paul & Pouloupatis, Panayiotis
- 374-385 Small scale electricity generation from a portable biomass cookstove: Prototype design and preliminary results
by O’Shaughnessy, S.M. & Deasy, M.J. & Kinsella, C.E. & Doyle, J.V. & Robinson, A.J.
- 386-398 Evaluating shortfalls in mixed-integer programming approaches for the optimal design and dispatch of distributed generation systems
by Pruitt, Kristopher A. & Braun, Robert J. & Newman, Alexandra M.
- 399-402 Enhancement of cellulose hydrolysis in sugarcane bagasse by the selective removal of lignin with sodium chlorite
by Siqueira, Germano & Várnai, Anikó & Ferraz, André & Milagres, Adriane M.F.
- 403-417 Sustainable agricultural residue removal for bioenergy: A spatially comprehensive US national assessment
by Muth, D.J. & Bryden, K.M. & Nelson, R.G.
- 418-426 ‘Derating Factor’ new concept for evaluating thermal performance of earth air tunnel heat exchanger: A transient CFD analysis
by Bansal, Vikas & Misra, Rohit & Agarwal, Ghanshyam Das & Mathur, Jyotirmay
- 427-431 Cultivation of Spirulina platensis for biomass production and nutrient removal from synthetic human urine
by Chang, Yuanyuan & Wu, Zucheng & Bian, Lei & Feng, Daolun & Leung, Dennis Y.C.
- 432-439 Impact of climate change on Taiwanese power market determined using linear complementarity model
by Tung, Ching-Pin & Tseng, Tze-Chi & Huang, An-Lei & Liu, Tzu-Ming & Hu, Ming-Che
- 440-448 GHG emission performance of various liquid transportation biofuels in Finland in accordance with the EU sustainability criteria
by Koponen, Kati & Soimakallio, Sampo & Tsupari, Eemeli & Thun, Rabbe & Antikainen, Riina
- 449-460 Numerical study of heat transfer enhancement in the receiver tube of direct steam generation with parabolic trough by inserting metal foams
by Wang, P. & Liu, D.Y. & Xu, C.
- 461-475 Techno-economic assessment of micro-algae as feedstock for renewable bio-energy production
by Jonker, J.G.G. & Faaij, A.P.C.
- 476-483 Quantitative analysis of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in solid residues from supercritical water gasification of wet sewage sludge
by Xu, Z.R. & Zhu, W. & Li, M. & Zhang, H.W. & Gong, M.
- 484-491 Potential energy savings made by using a specific control strategy when tumble drying small loads
by Stawreberg, Lena & Nilsson, Lars