Financial statement analysis and the prediction of stock returns
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- van Lent, L.A.G.M., 1999. "Incomplete contracting theory in empirical accounting research," Other publications TiSEM 088f797d-9fa4-4081-98f4-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Carosi, Andrea, 2016. "Do local causations matter? The effect of firm location on the relations of ROE, R&D, and firm SIZE with MARKET-TO-BOOK," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 388-409.
- So, Eric C., 2013. "A new approach to predicting analyst forecast errors: Do investors overweight analyst forecasts?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(3), pages 615-640.
- Stina Skogsvik & Kenth Skogsvik, 2010. "Accounting‐Based Probabilistic Prediction of ROE, the Residual Income Valuation Model and the Assessment of Mispricing in the Swedish Stock Market," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 46(4), pages 387-418, December.
- G. Geoffrey Booth & Juha-Pekka Kallunki & Teppo Martikainen, 1998. "Delayed price response to the announcements of earnings and its components in Finland," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 377-392.
- Ron Bird & Lorenzo Casavecchia, 2007. "Sentiment and Financial Health Indicators for Value and Growth Stocks: The European Experience," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 769-793.
- Hechmi Soumaya, 2013. "Eva versus Other Performance Measures," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(4), pages 532-541, April.
- Edirisinghe, N.C.P. & Zhang, X., 2007. "Generalized DEA model of fundamental analysis and its application to portfolio optimization," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 3311-3335, November.
- Cho JOONG-SEOK, 2012. "The Effect Of Accruals On Security Analystsâ€™ Target Price Forecast Performance," Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 7(3(21)/ Fa), pages 228-234.
- Jawad Mohammad & Attiya Yasmin Javid, 2015. "An Analysis of Accrual Anomaly in Case of Karachi Stock Exchange," PIDE-Working Papers 2015:116, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Fatma Cebenoyan, 2003. "Operational Efficiency and the Value-Relevance of Earnings," Economics Working Paper Archive at Hunter College 301, Hunter College Department of Economics.
- KiHoon Jimmy Hong & Eliza Wu, 2014. "Can Momentum Factors Be Used to Enhance Accounting Information based Fundamental Analysis in Explaining Stock Price Movements?," Research Paper Series 346, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Kothari, S. P., 2001. "Capital markets research in accounting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 105-231, September.
- Krauss, Christopher & Krüger, Tom & Beerstecher, Daniel, 2015. "The Piotroski F-Score: A fundamental value strategy revisited from an investor's perspective," FAU Discussion Papers in Economics 13/2015, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute for Economics.
- repec:eee:aosoci:v:57:y:2017:i:c:p:33-51 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas, Wayne B., 1999. "A test of the market's mispricing of domestic and foreign earnings," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 243-267, December.
- Liu, Chao-Shin & Ziebart, David A., 1999. "Anomalous security price behavior following management earnings forecasts," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, pages 405-429.
- Hidetoshi Yamaji & Masatoshi Gotoh & Yoshinori Yamakawa, 2016. "Additional Information Increases Uncertainty in the Securities Market: Using both Laboratory and fMRI Experiments," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 48(3), pages 425-451, October.
- Roni Michaely & Stefano Rossi & Michael Weber, 2017.
"The Information Content of Dividends: Safer Profits, Not Higher Profits,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
6751, CESifo Group Munich.
- Roni Michaely & Stefano Rossi & Michael Weber, 2018. "The Information Content of Dividends: Safer Profits, Not Higher Profits," NBER Working Papers 24237, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zhang, Xinyu & Lu, Zudi & Zou, Guohua, 2013. "Adaptively combined forecasting for discrete response time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 176(1), pages 80-91.
- Jeong-Bon Kim & Roland Lipka & Heibatollah Sami, 2012. "Portfolio performance and accounting measures of earnings: an alternative look at usefulness," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 87-107, January.
- Olson, Dennis & Mossman, Charles, 2003. "Neural network forecasts of Canadian stock returns using accounting ratios," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 453-465.
- Fernando Rubio, 2005. "Eficiencia De Mercado, Administracion De Carteras De Fondos Y Behavioural Finance," Finance 0503028, EconWPA, revised 23 Jul 2005.
- Papanastasopoulos, Georgios & Thomakos, Dimitrios & Wang, Tao, 2011.
"Information in balance sheets for future stock returns: Evidence from net operating assets,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 269-282.
- George Papanastasopoulos & Dimitrios Thomakos & Tao Wang, 2007. "Information in Balance Sheets for Future Stock Returns: Evidence from Net Operating Assets," Working Paper series 45_07, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Alexander Hölzl & Sebastian Lobe, 2016. "Predicting above-median and below-median growth rates," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, pages 105-133.
- Ni, Yensen & Huang, Paoyu, 2015. "Do IPOs matter for price limits? Evidence from Taiwan," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 74-83.
- Coller, Maribeth & Tuttle, Brad, 2002. "The acquisition of price-relevant domain knowledge by a market," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, pages 77-101.
- Mihaela Nicolau, 2010.
"Practitioners' Tools in Analysing Financial Markets Evolution,"
Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica,
Danubius University of Galati, pages 83-104.
- Nicolau, Mihaela, 2010. "Practitioners' tools in analysing financial markets evolution," MPRA Paper 25646, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ron Bird & Richard Gerlach, 2006. "A Bayesian Model Averaging Approach to Enhance Value Investment," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, pages 111-127.
- Higgins, Huong, 2013. "Can securities analysts forecast intangible firms’ earnings?," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 155-174.
- Stübinger, Johannes & Endres, Sylvia, 2017. "Pairs trading with a mean-reverting jump-diffusion model on high-frequency data," FAU Discussion Papers in Economics 10/2017, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute for Economics.
- Lu Zhang, 2017. "The Investment CAPM," NBER Working Papers 23226, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kewei Hou & Haitao Mo & Chen Xue & Lu Zhang, 2017. "The Economics of Value Investing," NBER Working Papers 23563, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yuri Biondi & Pierpaolo Giannoccolo, 2015. "Share price formation, market exuberance and financial stability under alternative accounting regimes," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 10(2), pages 333-362, October.
- Richard Barker, 1999. "The role of dividends in valuation models used by analysts and fund managers," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 195-218.
- Photis Panayides & Neophytos Lambertides, 2011. "Fundamental Analysis and Relative Efficiency of Maritime Firms: Dry Bulk vs Tanker Firms," Chapters,in: International Handbook of Maritime Economics, chapter 5 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jacobs, Heiko, 2015. "What explains the dynamics of 100 anomalies?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 65-85.
- James Gong & Siyi Li, 2013. "CEO incentives and earnings prediction," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 40(4), pages 647-674, May.
- Gikas Hardouvelis & George Papanastasopoulos & Dimitrios D. Thomakos & Tao Wang, 2007. "Accruals, Net Stock Issues and Value-Glamour Anomalies: New Evidence on their Relation," Working Paper series 47_07, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Roy Clemons, 2010. "Do external sources generate greater investor awareness that can affect a firm's value and cost of capital?," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(4), pages 382-394, November.
- Hirshleifer, David & Kewei Hou & Teoh, Siew Hong & Yinglei Zhang, 2004.
"Do investors overvalue firms with bloated balance sheets?,"
Journal of Accounting and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 297-331, December.
- David Hirshleifer & KEWEI HOU & Siew Hong Teoh & YINGLEI ZHANG, 2004. "Do Investors Overvalue Firms With Bloated Balance Sheets?," Finance 0412001, EconWPA.
- Hirshleifer, David & Hou, Kewei & Teoh, Siew Hong & Zhang, Yinglei, 2004. "Do Investors Overvalue Firms with Bloated Balance Sheets?," Working Paper Series 2004-18, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Katsuo, Yuko, 2008. "Earnings quality, accruals and subjective goodwill accounting," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6912, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:59:y:2008:i:6:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2602442 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mohamed Sellami, 2006. "Typologie des déterminants comptables de la valeur : Apports de l'approche économique de l'information dans la mesure de la valeur," Post-Print halshs-00558252, HAL.
- Konchitchki, Yaniv, 2013. "Accounting and the Macroeconomy: The Case of Aggregate Price-Level Effects on Individual Stocks," MPRA Paper 52934, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peter Easton, 1991. "The Stockmarket's Perception Of Accounting Information," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 1(1), pages 20-28, June.
- Alexander Hölzl & Sebastian Lobe, 2016. "Predicting above-median and below-median growth rates," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, pages 105-133.
- Hong Bae, Kee & Kim, Jeong-Bon, 1998. "The usefulness of earnings versus book value for predicting stock returns and cross corporate ownership in Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, pages 467-485.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:674-688 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniel, Kent & Hirshleifer, David & Teoh, Siew Hong, 2002. "Investor psychology in capital markets: evidence and policy implications," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, pages 139-209.
- Mary E. Barth & Greg Clinch & Doron Israeli, 2016. "What do accruals tell us about future cash flows?," Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 768-807, September.
- Hidetoshi Yamaji & Masatoshi Gotoh, 2010. "Cognitive Bias in the Laboratory Security Market," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 35(2), pages 101-126, February.
- Bandyopadhyay, Sati P. & Brown, Lawrence D. & Richardson, Gordon D., 1995. "Analysts' use of earnings forecasts in predicting stock returns: Forecast horizon effects," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 429-445, September.
- Gregory D. Kane & Ryan D. Leece & Frederick M. Richardson & Uma Velury, 2015. "The Impact of Recession on the Value-relevance of Accounting Information," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 25(2), pages 185-191, June.
- Rimona Palas & Amos Baranes, 2017. "The Prediction of Earnings Movement Using Mandated XBRL data ? Industry Analysis," Proceedings of Economics and Finance Conferences 4507381, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Richardson, Scott & Tuna, Irem & Wysocki, Peter, 2010. "Accounting anomalies and fundamental analysis: A review of recent research advances," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2-3), pages 410-454, December.
- Chan, Louis K. C. & Jegadeesh, Narasimhan & Lakonishok, Josef, 1995. "Evaluating the performance of value versus glamour stocks The impact of selection bias," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 269-296, July.
- Antti Kanto & Hannu Schadewitz, 2003. "Impact of nonearnings disclosures on market risk: evidence with interim reports," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 721-729.
- Amir, Eli & Lev, Baruch, 1996. "Value-relevance of nonfinancial information: The wireless communications industry," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-3), pages 3-30, October.
- Huang, Paoyu & Ni, Yensen, 2017. "Board structure and stock price informativeness in terms of moving average rules," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 161-169.
- Kanto, Antti J. & Schadewitz, Hannu J., 2000. "Market use of disclosure components in interim reports," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 417-431, August.
- P. Van Cauwenberge & I. De Beelde, 2006. "Does The Comprehensive Income Matrix Make Unsophisticated Users Overemphasise Fair Value Income?," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 06/400, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- repec:eee:spacre:v:17:y:2014:i:1:p:30-46 is not listed on IDEAS
- Demmer, Matthias, 2015. "Improving profitability forecasts with information on earnings quality," Discussion Papers 2015/16, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Hong, KiHoon & Wu, Eliza, 2016. "The roles of past returns and firm fundamentals in driving US stock price movements," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 62-75.
- Cristina Abad & Sten A. Thore & Joaquina Laffarga, 2004. "Fundamental analysis of stocks by two-stage DEA," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(5), pages 231-241.
- Eccher, Elizabeth A. & Ramesh, K. & Thiagarajan, S. Ramu, 1996. "Fair value disclosures by bank holding companies," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-3), pages 79-117, October.
- David R. Gallagher & Peter A. Gardner & Camille H. Schmidt & Terry S. Walter, 2014. "Portfolio Quality and Mutual Fund Performance," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 485-521, December.
- Libby, Robert & Bloomfield, Robert & Nelson, Mark W., 2002. "Experimental research in financial accounting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 775-810, November.
- Nguyen, Pascal, 2005. "Market underreaction and predictability in the cross-section of Japanese stock returns," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, pages 193-210.
- Frankel, Richard & Litov, Lubomir, 2009. "Earnings persistence," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1-2), pages 182-190, March.
- Francesco Campanella & Mario Mustilli & Eugenio D¡¯Angelo, 2016. "Efficient Market Hypothesis and Fundamental Analysis: An Empirical Test in the European Securities Market," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 6, pages 27-42, February.
- Lorenzo Valdés Arturo & Durán Vázquez Rocío, 2010. "Ohlson model by panel cointegration with Mexican data," Contaduría y Administración, Accounting and Management, vol. 55(3), pages 131-142, septiembr.
- Karavias, Yiannis & Spilioti, Stella & Tzavalis, Elias, 2016.
"A comparison of investors’ sentiments and risk premium effects on valuing shares,"
Finance Research Letters,
Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 1-6.
- Yiannis Karavias & Stella Spilioti & Elias Tzavalis, "undated". "A comparison of investors' sentiments and risk premium effects on valuing shares," Discussion Papers 15/01, University of Nottingham, Granger Centre for Time Series Econometrics.
- Cheng-Te Lee & Deng-Sing Huang, 2017. "Asymmetric Globalization and Specialization," IEAS Working Paper : academic research 17-A004, Institute of Economics, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Yu, Gun Jea & Hong, KiHoon, 2016. "Patents and R&D expenditure in explaining stock price movements," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 197-203.
- Ettredge, Michael & Toolson, Richard & Hall, Steve & Na, Chongkil, 1996. "Behavior of earnings, stock returns, accruals, and analysts' forecasts following negative annual earnings," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, pages 147-162.
- Avkiran, Necmi K. & Morita, Hiroshi, 2010. "Predicting Japanese bank stock performance with a composite relative efficiency metric: A new investment tool," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, pages 254-271.
- Maria Cristina Abad Navarro, 2003. "Utilidad de una Medida de la Eficiencia en la Generación de Ventas para la Predicción del Resultado," Working Papers 0307, Departament Empresa, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, revised Sep 2003.
- Hannu, Schadewitz, 1997. "Financial and nonfinancial information in interim reports: Determinants and implications," MPRA Paper 44292, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lipe, M. G., 1998. "Individual investors' risk judgments and investment decisions: The impact of accounting and market data," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 625-640, October.
- Pascal Dumontier & Real Labelle, 1998. "Accounting earnings and firm valuation: the French case," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 163-183.