Fair value disclosures by bank holding companies
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Scholes, Myron S & Wilson, G Peter & Wolfson, Mark A, 1990. "Tax Planning, Regulatory Capital Planning, and Financial Reporting Strategy for Commercial Banks," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(4), pages 625-50.
- Thomas Mondschean, 1992. "Market value accounting for commercial banks," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Jan, pages 16-31.
- Heggestad, Arnold A. & Houston, Joel F., 1992. "Factors influencing the decisions of bank managers: The evidence from investment portfolios," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 813-829, August.
- Keeley, Michael C, 1990. "Deposit Insurance, Risk, and Market Power in Banking," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1183-1200, December.
- Freeman, Robert N., 1987. "The association between accounting earnings and security returns for large and small firms," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 195-228, July.
- Barth, Mary E. & Landsman, Wayne R. & Wahlen, James M., 1995. "Fair value accounting: Effects on banks' earnings volatility, regulatory capital, and value of contractual cash flows," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 577-605, June.
- Kothari, S.P., 1992. "Price-Earnings Regressions in the Presence of prices Leading Earnings: Earnings Level Versus Change Specifications and Alternative Deflators," Papers 92-10, Rochester, Business - Financial Research and Policy Studies.
- Collins, Daniel W. & Kothari, S. P. & Rayburn, Judy Dawson, 1987. "Firm size and the information content of prices with respect to earnings," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 111-138, July.
- Brickley, James A. & James, Christopher M., 1986. "Access to deposit insurance, insolvency rules and the stock returns of financial institutions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 345-371, July.
- Charles S. Morris & Gordon H. Sellon, Jr., 1991. "Market value accounting for banks: pros and cons," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Mar, pages 5-19.
- Smith, Clifford Jr. & Watts, Ross L., 1992.
"The investment opportunity set and corporate financing, dividend, and compensation policies,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 263-292, December.
- Smith, C.W. & Watts, R.L., 1992. "The Investment Oppotunity set and Corporate Financing, Dividend and Compensation Policies," Papers 92-02, Rochester, Business - Financial Research and Policy Studies.
- O'Hara Maureen, 1993. "Real Bills Revisited: Market Value Accounting and Loan Maturity," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 51-76, October.
- James B. Thomson, 1986.
"The use of market information in pricing deposit insurance,"
8609, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Thomson, James B, 1987. "The Use of Market Information in Pricing Deposit Insurance," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 19(4), pages 528-37, November.
- Ahmed, Anwer S. & Takeda, Carolyn, 1995. "Stock market valuation of gains and losses on commercial banks' investment securities An empirical analysis," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 207-225, September.
- Ou, Jane A. & Penman, Stephen H., 1989. "Financial statement analysis and the prediction of stock returns," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 295-329, November.
- Christie, Andrew A., 1987. "On cross-sectional analysis in accounting research," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 231-258, December.
- George J. Benston, 1989. "Market-value accounting: benefits, costs and incentives," Proceedings 255, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Kothari, S. P., 1992. "Price-earnings regressions in the presence of prices leading earnings : Earnings level versus change specifications and alternative deflators," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2-3), pages 173-202, August.
- Merton, Robert C., 1977. "An analytic derivation of the cost of deposit insurance and loan guarantees An application of modern option pricing theory," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 3-11, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaecon:v:22:y:1996:i:1-3:p:79-117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.