The Use of Market Information in Pricing Deposit Insurance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- James B. Thomson, 1986. "The use of market information in pricing deposit insurance," Working Paper 8609, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ying Yan, 1998. "The FDICIA and bank CEOs' pay-performance relationship: an empirical investigation," Working Paper 9805, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Jeffery Gunther & Linda Hooks & Kenneth Robinson, 2000.
"Adverse Selection and Competing Deposit Insurance Systems in Pre-Depression Texas,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 17(3), pages 237-258, September.
- Jeffery W. Gunther & Linda M. Hooks & Kenneth J. Robinson, 1997. "Adverse selection and competing deposit insurance systems in pre-depression Texas," Financial Industry Studies Working Paper 97-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Kane, Edward J & Unal, Haluk, 1990.
" Modeling Structural and Temporal Variation in the Market's Valuation of Banking Firms,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 113-136, March.
- Edward J. Kane & Haluk Unal, 1988. "Modeling Structural and Temporal Variation in the Market's Valuation of Banking Firms," NBER Working Papers 2693, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William P. Osterberg, 1990. "Bank capital requirements and leverage: a review of the literature," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q IV, pages 2-12.
- Kane, Edward J. & Yu, Min-Teh, 1996. "Opportunity cost of capital forbearance during the final years of the FSLIC mess," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 271-290.
- Joseph G. Haubrich, 1998.
"Bank diversification: laws and fallacies of large numbers,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q II, pages 2-9.
- Joseph G. Haubrich, 1994. "Bank diversification: laws and fallacies of large numbers," Working Paper 9417, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Thomas L. Hogan & William J. Luther, 2016.
"The Implicit Costs of Government Deposit Insurance,"
Journal of Private Enterprise,
The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 31(Summer 20), pages 1-13.
- Thomas L. Hogan & William J. Luther, 2014. "The Explicit Costs of Government Deposit Insurance," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 34(1), pages 145-170, Winter.
- Eccher, Elizabeth A. & Ramesh, K. & Thiagarajan, S. Ramu, 1996. "Fair value disclosures by bank holding companies," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-3), pages 79-117, October.
- Joseph G. Haubrich & James B. Thomson, 1998. "Large shareholders and market discipline in a regulated industry: a clinical study of Mellon Bank," Working Paper 9803, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- DeGennaro, Ramon P. & Thomson, James B., 1995.
"Anticipating bailouts: The incentive-conflict model and the collapse of the Ohio deposit guarantee fund,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1401-1418, November.
- Ramon P. DeGennaro & James B. Thomson, 1994. "Anticipating bailouts: the incentive-conflict model and the collapse of the Ohio Deposit Guarantee Fund," Working Paper 9407, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- William P. Osterberg & James B. Thomson, 1994. "Depositor preference and the cost of capital for insured depository institutions," Working Paper 9404, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- William P. Osterberg & James B. Thomson, 1990. "Optimal financial structure and bank capital requirements: an empirical investigation," Working Paper 9007, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Lim, Terence & Lo, Andrew W. & Merton, Robert C. & Scholes, Myron S., 2006. "The Derivatives Sourcebook," Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance, now publishers, vol. 1(5–6), pages 365-572, April.
- Hwang, Dar-Yeh & Shie, Fu-Shuen & Wang, Kehluh & Lin, Jung-Chu, 2009. "The pricing of deposit insurance considering bankruptcy costs and closure policies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1909-1919, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mcb:jmoncb:v:19:y:1987:i:4:p:528-37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2879 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.