Opportunity cost of capital forbearance during the final years of the FSLIC mess
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Patricia M. Rudolph, 1989. "The Insolvent Thrifts of 1982: Where Are They Now?," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 17(4), pages 450-462.
- Thomson, James B, 1987.
"The Use of Market Information in Pricing Deposit Insurance,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 19(4), pages 528-37, November.
- James B. Thomson, 1986. "The use of market information in pricing deposit insurance," Working Paper 8609, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Ramon P. DeGennaro & Larry H.P. Lang & James B. Thomson, 1993. "Troubled Savings and Loan Institutions: Turnaround Strategies Under Insolvency," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 22(3), Fall.
- James, Christopher, 1991. " The Losses Realized in Bank Failures," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1223-42, September.
- John B. Shoven & Scott B. Smart & Joel Waldfogel, 1991.
"Real Interest Rates and the Savings and Loan Crisis: The Moral Hazard Premium,"
NBER Working Papers
3754, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John B. Shoven & Scott B. Smart & Joel Waldfogel, 1992. "Real Interest Rates and the Savings and Loan Crisis: The Moral Hazard Premium," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 155-167, Winter.
- Barth, James R & Bartholomew, Philip F & Bradley, Michael, 1990. " Determinants of Thrift Institution Resolution Costs," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(3), pages 731-54, July.
- Buser, Stephen A & Chen, Andrew H & Kane, Edward J, 1981. "Federal Deposit Insurance, Regulatory Policy, and Optimal Bank Capital," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(1), pages 51-60, March.
- Dennis E. Bennett & Roger D. Lundstrom & Donald G. Simonson, 1986. "Estimating portfolio net worth values and interest rate risk in savings institutions," Proceedings 116, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Keeley, Michael C, 1990. "Deposit Insurance, Risk, and Market Power in Banking," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1183-1200, December.
- Manchester, Joyce & McKibbin, Warwick J, 1994. "The Macroeconomic Consequences of the Savings and Loan Debacle," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(3), pages 579-84, August.
- George G. Kaufman, 1987. "Bank Capital Forbearance And Public Policy," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 5(1), pages 84-91, 01.
- Lawrence J. White, 1990. "Problems Of The Fslic: A Former Policy Maker'S View," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 8(2), pages 62-81, 04.
- Acharya, Sankarshan & Dreyfus, Jean-Francois, 1989. " Optimal Bank Reorganization Policies and the Pricing of Federal Deposit Insurance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(5), pages 1313-33, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:36:y:1996:i:3:p:271-290. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.