Stock market valuation of gains and losses on commercial banks' investment securities An empirical analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Heggestad, Arnold A. & Houston, Joel F., 1992. "Factors influencing the decisions of bank managers: The evidence from investment portfolios," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 813-829, August.
- Weil, Roman L, 1973. "Macaulay's Duration: An Appreciation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(4), pages 589-592, October.
- Flannery, Mark J & James, Christopher M, 1984. " The Effect of Interest Rate Changes on the Common Stock Returns of Financial Institutions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1141-1153, September.
- Scholes, Myron S & Wilson, G Peter & Wolfson, Mark A, 1990. "Tax Planning, Regulatory Capital Planning, and Financial Reporting Strategy for Commercial Banks," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(4), pages 625-650.
- Moyer, Susan E., 1990. "Capital adequacy ratio regulations and accounting choices in commercial banks," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 123-154, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Takashi Obinata, 2002. "Concept and Relevance of Income," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-171, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Barth, Mary E. & Beaver, William H. & Landsman, Wayne R., 2001. "The relevance of the value relevance literature for financial accounting standard setting: another view," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 77-104, September.
- repec:spr:reaccs:v:22:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11142-017-9423-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicole Boyson & Jean Helwege & Jan Jindra, 2014. "Crises, Liquidity Shocks, and Fire Sales at Commercial Banks," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 43(4), pages 857-884, December.
- Bosch, Patrick, 2012. "Value Relevance of the Fair Value Hierarchy of IFRS 7 in Europe - How reliable are mark-to-model Fair Values ?," FSES Working Papers 439, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Freiburg/Fribourg Switzerland.
- Musa Yelwa Abubakar & Nasiru Abdulsallam & Muhammad Yusuf Alkali, 2017. "The Impact of the New Accounting Reporting Among Listed Firms in Nigerian Stock Market," Asian Journal of Social Sciences and Management Studies, Asian Online Journal Publishing Group, vol. 4(1), pages 1-9.
- Josep Ma. Argiles (UB) & Josep Garcia Bladon (IQS) & Teresa Monllau (UPF), 2009. "Fair value versus historic cost Valuation for Biological assets: Implications for the quality of financial information," Working Papers in Economics 215, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Carmen Giorgiana Bonaci & Adriana Tiron Tudor, 2011. "Fair Value Empirical Studies: An Overview On Acconting Research Literature," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 2(13), pages 1-1.
- Beltratti, Andrea & Spear, Nasser & Szabo, Mark Daniel, 2013. "The Value Relevance and Timeliness of Write-downs During the Financial Crisis of 2007–2009," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 467-494.
- repec:spr:reaccs:v:22:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11142-017-9426-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Taisier A. Zoubi & Feras Salama & Mahmud Hossain & Yass A. Alkafaji, 2016. "The Value Relevance of Components of Other Comprehensive Income When Net Income Is Disaggregated," Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies (RPBFMP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 19(04), pages 1-36, December.
- Dhaliwal, Dan & Subramanyam, K. R. & Trezevant, Robert, 1999. "Is comprehensive income superior to net income as a measure of firm performance?1," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1-3), pages 43-67, January.
- Eccher, Elizabeth A. & Ramesh, K. & Thiagarajan, S. Ramu, 1996. "Fair value disclosures by bank holding companies," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-3), pages 79-117, October.
- Beatty, Anne & Liao, Scott, 2014. "Financial accounting in the banking industry: A review of the empirical literature," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 339-383.
- Lumpkin, Stephen A. & O'Brien, James M., 1997. "Thrift stock returns and portfolio interest rate sensitivity," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 341-357, July.
- Bhat, Gauri & Ryan, Stephen G., 2015. "The impact of risk modeling on the market perception of banks’ estimated fair value gains and losses for financial instruments," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 81-95.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaecon:v:20:y:1995:i:2:p:207-225. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.