Does fundamental indexation lead to better risk-adjusted returns? New evidence from Australian Securities Exchange
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-465, June.
- Holthausen, Robert W. & Larcker, David F., 1992. "The prediction of stock returns using financial statement information," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2-3), pages 373-411, August.
- Chen, Chen & Chen, Rong & Bassett, Gilbert W., 2007. "Fundamental indexation via smoothed cap weights," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 3486-3502, November.
- Noël Amenc & Felix Goltz & Véronique Le Sourd, 2009. "The Performance of Characteristics‐based Indices1," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 15(2), pages 241-278, March.
- John Lintner, 1965. "Security Prices, Risk, And Maximal Gains From Diversification," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 20(4), pages 587-615, December.
- Joanne Mar & Ron Bird & Lorenzo Casavecchia & Danny Yeung, 2009. "Fundamental Indexation: An Australian Investigation," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 34(1), pages 1-20, June.
- Robert Faff, 2001. "An Examination of the Fama and French Three-Factor Model Using Commercially Available Factors," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 26(1), pages 1-17, June.
- Ou, Jane A. & Penman, Stephen H., 1989. "Financial statement analysis and the prediction of stock returns," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 295-329, November.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Jacob Boudoukh & Roni Michaely & Matthew Richardson & Michael R. Roberts, 2007.
"On the Importance of Measuring Payout Yield: Implications for Empirical Asset Pricing,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 62(2), pages 877-915, April.
- Jacob Boudoukh & Roni Michaely & Matthew Richardson & Michael Roberts, 2004. "On the Importance of Measuring Payout Yield: Implications for Empirical Asset Pricing," NBER Working Papers 10651, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, September.
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. " On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Clive Gaunt, 2004. "Size and book to market effects and the Fama French three factor asset pricing model: evidence from the Australian stockmarket," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 44(1), pages 27-44, March.
- William F. Sharpe, 1965. "Risk‐Aversion In The Stock Market: Some Empirical Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 20(3), pages 416-422, September.
- Banz, Rolf W., 1981. "The relationship between return and market value of common stocks," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 3-18, March.
- Olaf Stotz & Gabrielle Wanzenried & Karsten Döhnert, 2010. "Do fundamental indexes produce higher risk-adjusted returns than market cap indexes? Evidence for European stock markets," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 24(3), pages 219-243, September.
- Ball, Ray, 1978. "Anomalies in relationships between securities' yields and yield-surrogates," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2-3), pages 103-126.
- Jegadeesh, Narasimhan & Titman, Sheridan, 1993. " Returns to Buying Winners and Selling Losers: Implications for Stock Market Efficiency," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 65-91, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raphael Moses Roquete & Ricardo P. C. Leal & Carlos Heitor Campani, 2018. "Corporate governance and fundamental indexation in Brazil," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 38(3), pages 1494-1504.
- Pysarenko, Sergiy & Alexeev, Vitali & Tapon, Francis, 2019. "Predictive blends: Fundamental Indexing meets Markowitz," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 28-42.
- Wenguang Lin & Gary C. Sanger, 2019. "An alternative fundamental weighting scheme based on enterprise value multiple," Journal of Asset Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 20(2), pages 146-156, March.
- M. Volkov & М. Волков, 2018. "Анализ фундаментальной индексации как эффективный подход к активному инвестированию // Analysis of Fundamental Indexation as an Efficient Approach to Active Investing," Review of Business and Economics Studies // Review of Business and Economics Studies, Финансовый Университет // Financial University, vol. 6(4), pages 41-51.
- Dean Katselas & Baljit K. Sidhu & Chuan Yu & Tom Smith, 2016. "Merging time-series Australian data across databases: challenges and solutions," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 56(4), pages 1071-1095, December.
- Michael Ludwig & Herbert G. Mayer & Andreas W. Rathgeber & Christina Spriegel & Florian Vogg, 2017. "A truly market-value weighted commodity index," Journal of Asset Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 18(3), pages 222-242, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:acctfi:v:54:y:2014:i:3:p:699-728. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaanzea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.