The prediction of stock returns using financial statement information
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- Photis Panayides & Neophytos Lambertides, 2011. "Fundamental Analysis and Relative Efficiency of Maritime Firms: Dry Bulk vs Tanker Firms," Chapters, in: International Handbook of Maritime Economics, chapter 5 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Benito Arruñada & Luis Vázquez & Giorgio Zanarone, 2009.
"Institutional constraints on organizations: the case of Spanish car dealerships,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(1), pages 15-26.
- Benito Arruñada & Luis Vázquez & Giorgio Zanarone, 1999. "Institutional constraints on organizations: The case of Spanish car dealerships," Economics Working Papers 348, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jun 2007.
- Hirshleifer, David & Kewei Hou & Teoh, Siew Hong & Yinglei Zhang, 2004. "Do investors overvalue firms with bloated balance sheets?," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 297-331, December.
- David Hirshleifer & KEWEI HOU & Siew Hong Teoh & YINGLEI ZHANG, 2004. "Do Investors Overvalue Firms With Bloated Balance Sheets?," Finance 0412001, EconWPA.
- Hirshleifer, David & Hou, Kewei & Teoh, Siew Hong & Zhang, Yinglei, 2004. "Do Investors Overvalue Firms with Bloated Balance Sheets?," Working Paper Series 2004-18, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Chikashi Tsuji, 2014. "Exploring the Financial Ratios: The Case Study of the Famed Chemical Industry Firms in the US," Case Studies in Business and Management, Macrothink Institute, vol. 1(2), pages 11-21, December.
- Farooq, Omar, 2013. "Who was informative? Performance of foreign and local analysts’ stock recommendations during the Asian financial crisis," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 61-76.
- Kothari, S. P., 2001. "Capital markets research in accounting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 105-231, September.
- Krauss, Christopher & Krüger, Tom & Beerstecher, Daniel, 2015. "The Piotroski F-Score: A fundamental value strategy revisited from an investor's perspective," FAU Discussion Papers in Economics 13/2015, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute for Economics.
- Daniel, Kent & Hirshleifer, David & Teoh, Siew Hong, 2002. "Investor psychology in capital markets: evidence and policy implications," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 139-209, January.
- Liu, Chao-Shin & Ziebart, David A., 1999. "Anomalous security price behavior following management earnings forecasts," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 405-429, October.
- Olson, Dennis & Mossman, Charles, 2003. "Neural network forecasts of Canadian stock returns using accounting ratios," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 453-465.
- Fernando Rubio, 2005. "Eficiencia De Mercado, Administracion De Carteras De Fondos Y Behavioural Finance," Finance 0503028, EconWPA, revised 23 Jul 2005.
- Chan, Louis K. C. & Jegadeesh, Narasimhan & Lakonishok, Josef, 1995. "Evaluating the performance of value versus glamour stocks The impact of selection bias," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 269-296, July.
- Papanastasopoulos, Georgios & Thomakos, Dimitrios & Wang, Tao, 2011. "Information in balance sheets for future stock returns: Evidence from net operating assets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 269-282.
- Huang, Paoyu & Ni, Yensen, 2017. "Board structure and stock price informativeness in terms of moving average rules," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 161-169.
- Ni, Yensen & Huang, Paoyu, 2015. "Do IPOs matter for price limits? Evidence from Taiwan," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 74-83.
- Cristina Abad & Sten A. Thore & Joaquina Laffarga, 2004. "Fundamental analysis of stocks by two-stage DEA," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(5), pages 231-241.
- Ettredge, Michael & Toolson, Richard & Hall, Steve & Na, Chongkil, 1996. "Behavior of earnings, stock returns, accruals, and analysts' forecasts following negative annual earnings," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 147-162.
- Avkiran, Necmi K. & Morita, Hiroshi, 2010. "Predicting Japanese bank stock performance with a composite relative efficiency metric: A new investment tool," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 254-271, June.
- Chung, Richard & Firth, Michael & Kim, Jeong-Bon, 2005. "Earnings management, surplus free cash flow, and external monitoring," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(6), pages 766-776, June.
- Brigette Forbes & Anup Basu, 2011. "Does Fundamental Indexation Lead to Better Risk Adjusted Returns? New Evidence from Australian Securities Exchange," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 275, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- M. Bigeco & E. Grosso & E. Otranto, 2008. "Recognizing and Forecasting the Sign of Financial Local Trends using Hidden Markov Models," Working Paper CRENoS 200803, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaecon:v:15:y:1992:i:2-3:p:373-411. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed