Citations for "The Political Economy of Clientelism"
by Robinson, James A & Verdier, Thierry
- Bohn, Frank, 2007. "Polarisation, uncertainty and public investment failure," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 1077-1087, December.
- Benjamin Bridgman, .
"Why Are Ethnically Divided Countries Poor?,"
Departmental Working Papers
2003-11, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Keefer, Philip & Khemani, Stuti, 2003. "Democracy, public expenditures, and the poor," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3164, The World Bank.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Andrei Shleifer, 2002.
"The Curley Effect,"
NBER Working Papers
8942, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Andrei Shleifer, 2002. "The Curley Effect," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1956, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- David Croix & Alessandro Sommacal, 2009.
"A Theory of Medical Effectiveness, Differential Mortality, Income Inequality and Growth for Pre-Industrial England,"
Mathematical Population Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 2-35.
- DE LA CROIX, David & SOMMACAL, Alessandro, . "A theory of medical effectiveness, differential mortality, income inequality and growth for pre-industrial England," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2103, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Al-Ississ, Mohamad & Atallah, Samer, 2015. "Patronage and ideology in electoral behavior: Evidence from Egypt's first presidential elections," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 241-248.
- Keefer, Philip, 2004. "A review of the political economy of governance : from property rights to voice," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3315, The World Bank.
- Scott Gehlbach & Konstantin Sonin & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2006.
w0067, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Gehlbach, Scott & Sonin, Konstantin & Zhuravskaya, Ekaterina, 2006. "Businessman Candidates," CEPR Discussion Papers 5985, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Konstantin Sonin & Scott Gehlbach, 2004. "Businessman Candidates," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 178, Econometric Society.
- Esteban Jaimovich & Juan Pablo Rud, 2009.
"Excessive Public Employment and Rent-Seeking Traps,"
Carlo Alberto Notebooks
118, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Jaimovich, Esteban & Rud, Juan Pablo, 2014. "Excessive public employment and rent-seeking traps," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 144-155.
- Adam, Antonis & Kammas, Pantelis, 2012. "(Tax evasion) power to the people: does "early democratization" increase the size of the informal sector?," MPRA Paper 43343, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Castañeda Dower, Paul & Pfutze, Tobias, 2015. "Vote suppression and insecure property rights," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 1-19.
- James A. Robinson & Ragnar Torvik & Thierry Verdier, 2003.
"Politcal Foundations of the Resource Curse,"
DELTA Working Papers
2003-33, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Robinson, James A. & Torvik, Ragnar, 2005.
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(2-3), pages 197-210, February.
- Jorge Andrés Gallego Durán & Rafal Raciborski, 2008. "Clientelism, income inequality, and social preferences: an evolutionary approach to poverty traps," DOCUMENTOS DE ECONOMÍA 004717, UNIVERSIDAD JAVERIANA - BOGOTÁ.
- Casamatta, Georges & De Paoli, Caroline, 2004. "Ex Post Inefficiency in a Political Agency Model," CEPR Discussion Papers 4275, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Casamatta, Georges & Vellutini, Charles, 2006.
"Clientelism and Aid,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5441, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Daron Acemoglu & Isaías N. Chaves & Philip Osafo-Kwaako & James A. Robinson, 2014.
"Indirect Rule and State Weakness in Africa: Sierra Leone in Comparative Perspective,"
in: African Successes: Sustainable Growth
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daron Acemoglu & Isaías N. Chaves & Philip Osafo-Kwaako & James A. Robinson, 2014. "Indirect Rule and State Weakness in Africa: Sierra Leone in Comparative Perspective," NBER Working Papers 20092, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- M.Rojas, Angela, 2011. "Political Competition in Dual Economies: Clientelism in Latin America," BORRADORES DEPARTAMENTO DE ECONOMÍA 008103, UNIVERSIDAD DE ANTIOQUIA - CIE.
- Choi, Jay Pil & Thum, Marcel, 2008.
"The economics of politically-connected firms,"
Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics
07/08, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Leonardo A. Gatica Arreola, 2012. "¿Por qué el distanciamiento ideológico disminuye la provisión de bienes públicos?; una explicación basada en el empleo clientelar," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 39(1 Year 20), pages 27-51, June.
- Gerard Padro i Miquel, 2006. "The Control of Politicians in Divided Societies: The Politics of Fear," NBER Working Papers 12573, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Keefer, Philip & Khemani, Stuti, 2014. "Radio's impact on preferences for patronage benefits," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6932, The World Bank.
- Keefer, Philip & Vlaicu, Razvan, 2005. "Democracy, credibility and clientelism," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3472, The World Bank.
- Victor Vaugirard, 2005. "Crony Capitalism and Sovereign Default," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 77-99, January.
- Gibson, Clark C. & Hoffman, Barak D. & Jablonski, Ryan S., 2015. "Did Aid Promote Democracy in Africa? The Role of Technical Assistance in Africa’s Transitions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 323-335.
- de Janvry, Alain & Gonzalez-Navarro, Marco & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2014. "Are land reforms granting complete property rights politically risky? Electoral outcomes of Mexico's certification program," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 216-225.
- Mizuno, Nobuhiro, 2013. "Political Structure as a Legacy of Indirect Colonial Rule: Bargaining between National Governments and Rural Elites in Africa," MPRA Paper 48771, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Miquel Pellicer & Eva Wegner & Lindsay Benstead & Harold Kincaid & Ellen Lust & Juanita Vasquez, 2014. "The demand side of clientelism: The role of client's perceptions and values," SALDRU Working Papers 140, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Ariel Fiszbein, 2005. "Citizens, Politicians, and Providers : The Latin American Experience with Service Delivery Reform," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7371.
- Fried, Brian J., 2012. "Distributive Politics and Conditional Cash Transfers: The Case of Brazil’s Bolsa Família," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 1042-1053.
- Robinson, James A. & Torvik, Ragnar & Verdier, Thierry, 2014. "Political foundations of the resource curse: A simplification and a comment," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 194-198.