Markets, Market Failures, and Development
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- What the World Bank Does Not Understand About “Doing Business”
by Seth Kaplan in Global Dashboard on 2013-05-03 02:23:44
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Holloway, Garth & Nicholson, Charles & Delgado, Chris & Staal, Steve & Ehui, Simeon, 2004. "A revised Tobit procedure for mitigating bias in the presence of non-zero censoring with an application to milk-market participation in the Ethiopian highlands," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, pages 97-106.
- Douglass C. North, 1991. "Institutions," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 97-112, Winter.
- Octavio Damiani, 2001. "Diversificación de la agricultura y reducción de la pobreza rural: como los pequeños agricultores y asalariados rurales son afectados por la introducción de cultivos no-tradicionales de alto valor en ," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 9941, Inter-American Development Bank.
- S.M. Shafaeddin, 2004. "Who Is The Master? Who Is The Servant? Market Or Government? An Alternative Approach: Towards A Coordination System," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 175, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Tran Quoc Trung & Nguyen Tungm & Le Thuc Duc & Nguyen Cao Duc & Tran Hao Hung, 2007. "Trade Liberalization and Development in ICT Sector and its impact on household welfare in Viet Nam," Working Papers 3307, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
- Miranda Sarmento, J.J., 2014. "Public private partnerships," Other publications TiSEM c7d4c978-234c-4f88-83ed-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Alkire, Sabina & Deneulin, Séverine, 1998.
"Individual Motivation, its Nature, Determinants and Consequences for Within Group Behavior,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
1999033, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Alkire, S. & Deneulin, S., 2000. "Individual Motivation, Its Nature, Determinants and Consequences for within Group Behaviour," Research Paper 184, World Institute for Development Economics Research.
- Ashok Chakravarti, 2012. "Institutions, Economic Performance and the Visible Hand," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14751, September.
- Michael Benarroch & James Gaisford, 2002. "Learning-Driven Product Cycles, New Product Adoption and North-South Inequality," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 27(1), pages 1-23, June.
- Crisóstomo, Vicente Lima & López-Iturriaga, Félix Javier & Vallelado González, Eleuterio, 2014. "Nonfinancial companies as large shareholders alleviate financial constraints of Brazilian firm," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 62-77.
- Galang, Roberto Martin N., 2014. "Divergent diffusion: Understanding the interaction between institutions, firms, networks and knowledge in the international adoption of technology," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 512-521.
- Paus, Eva, 1995. "Exports, economic growth and the consolidation of peace in El Salvador," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(12), pages 2173-2193, December.
- Michael Frenkel & Lukas Menkhoff, 2004.
"Are Foreign Institutional Investors Good for Emerging Markets?,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(8), pages 1275-1293, August.
- Frenkel, Michael & Menkhoff, Lukas, 2003. "Are Foreign Institutional Investors Good for Emerging Markets?," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-283, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Octavio Damiani, 2001. "Diversificación de la agricultura y reducción de la pobreza rural: como los pequeños agricultores y asalariados rurales son afectados por la introducción de cultivos no-tradicionales de alto valor en ," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1184, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Esfahani, Hadi Salehi & Mookherjee, Dilip, 1995.
"Productivity, contracting modes, and development,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 203-231.
- Oks, Daniel*van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1994. "Mexico after the debt crisis : is growth sustainable?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1378, The World Bank.
- Benarroch Michael & James Gaisford, 2002. "Learning, experience and the dynamics of north-south Trade and technology transfer," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 65-83.
- repec:eee:agisys:v:154:y:2017:i:c:p:90-99 is not listed on IDEAS
- Moodley, Sagren, 2002. "Competing in the Digital Economy?: The Dynamics and Impacts of B2B E-commerce on the South African Manufacturing Sector," WIDER Working Paper Series 079, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Miranda Sarmento, J. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2014. "Anatomy of Public-Private Partnerships : Their Creation, Financing, and Renegotiations," Discussion Paper 2014-017, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Stein Kristiansen, 2003. "Information Asymmetry and Economic Concentration: The case of hens and eggs in eastern Indonesia," Working Papers 03-21, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Pietrobelli C. & Puppato F., 2015. "Technology foresight and industrial strategy in developing countries," MERIT Working Papers 016, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Hermes, Niels & Lensink, Robert, 1996. "Financial reform and information problems in capital markets: an empirical analysis of the Chilean experience, 1983-1992," Research Report 96C37, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Nissanke, Machiko & Aryeetey, Ernest, 2006. "Institutional Analysis of Financial Market Fragmentation in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Risk-Cost Configuration Approach," WIDER Working Paper Series 087, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- P. V. Viswanath, 2007. "The Use of real estate for the settlement of claims in Roman Palestine," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2007-002, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Stein Kristiansen, 2003. "Linkages and Rural Non-Farm Employment Creation: Changing Challenges and Policies in Indonesia," Working Papers 03-22, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Diana Cibulskienė & Mindaugas Butkus, 2007. "The Influence of Cumulative Causation Process on Regional Divergence in Lithuania during 1995–2003," Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft, Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 27(1), pages 59-87, February.
- Daniel D’Amico, 2012. "Comparative political economy when anarchism is on the table," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 25(1), pages 63-75, March.
- repec:spr:envpol:v:20:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10018-017-0181-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Sharon Alvarez & Jay Barney & Arielle Newman, 2015. "The poverty problem and the industrialization solution," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, pages 23-37.
- Ronchi, Loraine, 2006. "Fairtrade and market failures in agricultural commodity markets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4011, The World Bank.
- Pietrobelli, Carlo & Puppato, Fernanda, 2016. "Technology foresight and industrial strategy," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 117-125.
- Christos N. Pitelis, 2011. "Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Integration," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Integration, Volume III, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Holloway, Garth J. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Ehui, Simeon K., 2002. "Bayes' Estimates Of The Double Hurdle Model In The Presence Of Fixed Costs," Working Papers 14741, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Fine, Ben, 2002. "Economics Imperialism and the New Development Economics as Kuhnian Paradigm Shift?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 2057-2070, December.
- Chen, Yongmin & Puttitanun, Thitima, 2005.
"Intellectual property rights and innovation in developing countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 474-493.
- Wahba, Jackline & Zenou, Yves, 2003. "Density, Social Networks and Job Search Methods: Theory and Application to Egypt," CEPR Discussion Papers 3967, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Wahba, Jackline & Zenou, Yves, 2004. "Density, Social Networks and Job Search Methods: Theory and Application to Egypt," Working Paper Series 629, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Cardenas, Juan Camilo & Carpenter, Jeffrey, 2013.
"Risk attitudes and economic well-being in Latin America,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 52-61.
- Holger Breinlich & Alejandro Cuñat, 2012. "Geography, Non-Homotheticity, and Industrialization: A Quantitative Analysis," CeFiG Working Papers 19, Center for Firms in the Global Economy, revised 01 Dec 2012.
- Holger Breinlich & Alejandro CuÃ±at, 2012. "Geography, Non-Homotheticity, and Industrialization: A Quantitative Analysis," CESifo Working Paper Series 3927, CESifo Group Munich.
- C. Pietrobelli, 1994.
"Trade liberalisation and industrial response: the case of Chile (1974-1987),"
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 47(191), pages 431-468.
- C. Pietrobelli, 1994. "Trade liberalisation and industrial response: the case of Chile (1974-1987)," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 47(191), pages 431-468.
- repec:dgr:rugsom:96c37 is not listed on IDEAS
- P.V. Viswanath, 2008. "Explorations in the economics of intertemporal asset transfer in Roman Palestine," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2008-017, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Hosseiny, Ali & Gallegati, Mauro, 2017.
"Role of intensive and extensive variables in a soup of firms in economy to address long run prices and aggregate data,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 470(C), pages 51-59.
- Ali Hosseiny & Mauro Gallegati, 2016. "Role of Intensive and Extensive Variables in a Soup of Firms in Economy to Address Long Run Prices and Aggregate Data," Papers 1608.02523, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2017.
- Tang, Shui-Yan, 1995. "Informal credit markets and economic development in Taiwan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 845-855, May.
- Fine, B., 2000. "Bringing the Social Back into Economies: Progress or Reductionism?," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 731, The University of Melbourne.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:46:y:2017:i:c:p:361-373 is not listed on IDEAS
- Amsden, Alice H., 1995. "Inductive theory in economic development: A tribute to Wassily Leontief on his 90th birthday," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 279-293, August.
- Anokhin, Sergey & Wincent, Joakim, 2014. "Technological arbitrage opportunities and interindustry differences in entry rates," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 437-452.
- Anthony Bartzokas & Morris Teubal, 2002.
"A Framework for Policy Oriented Innovation Studies in Industrialising Countries,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4-5), pages 477-496.
- Bartzokas, Anthony & Teubal, Morris, 2001. "A Framework for Policy-Oriented Innovation Studies in Industrialising Countries," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 6, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Álvarez, Roberto & Bertin, Mauricio Jara, 2016.
"Banking competition and firm-level financial constraints in Latin America,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 89-104.
- Roberto Álvarez & Mauricio Jara, 2016. "Banking Competition and Firm-Level Financial Constraints in Latin America," Working Papers wp426, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Johny, Judit & Wichmann, Bruno & Swallow, Brent M., 2017. "Characterizing social networks and their effects on income diversification in rural Kerala, India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 375-392.
- repec:zbw:espost:157790 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:manint:v:49:y:2009:i:1:d:10.1007_s11575-008-0127-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bertazzi, Ilaria, 2014. "A challenge to normativity and economic theory, the case ofdebtors movements," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201405, University of Turin.
- Sokolovska, Olena & Sokolovskyi, Dmytro, 2012. "Genesis of market failure of adverse-selection-type in problem of effective capital allocation," MPRA Paper 41868, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Derrick M. Anderson & Andrew B. Whitford, 2015. "Developing Knowledge States: Technology and the Enhancement of National Statistical Capacity," Papers 1502.07625, arXiv.org.
- Denizer, Cevdet, 1997. "The effects of financial liberalization and new bank entry on market structure and competition in Turkey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1839, The World Bank.
- Islam, Asif & López, Ramón, 2011. "Fiscal spending for economic growth in the presence of imperfect markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 8709, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Shafaeddin, Mehdi, 2009. "Impact of Selectivity and Neutrality of trade Policy Incentives on Industrialization of Developing Countries; Implications for NAMA Negotiations," MPRA Paper 15037, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lapar, Ma. Lucila A. & Holloway, Garth J. & Ehui, Simeon K., 2003. "How Big Is Your Neighborhood? Spatial Implications Of Market Participation By Smallholder Livestock Producers," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25860, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Benarroch, M., 1996. "Scale economies, wage differentials, and North-South trade," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, pages 327-342.
- Amsden, Alice H., 1997. "Editorial: Bringing production back in -- Understanding Government's economic role in late industrialization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 469-480, January.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:8:y:2010:i:1:p:14566902 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Greenstone & B. Kelsey Jack, 2013. "Envirodevonomics: A Research Agenda for a Young Field," NBER Working Papers 19426, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sanjaya Lall, "undated". "Selective Industrial and Trade Policies in Developing Countries: Theoretical and Empirical Issues," QEH Working Papers qehwps48, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Marco R. Di Tommaso & Stuart O. Schweitzer, 2013. "Industrial Policy in America," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13749, September.
- Olsen, Per Ingvar & Prenkert, Frans & Hoholm, Thomas & Harrison, Debbie, 2014. "The dynamics of networked power in a concentrated business network," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(12), pages 2579-2589.