Who Is The Master? Who Is The Servant? Market Or Government? An Alternative Approach: Towards A Coordination System
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Krueger, Anne O, 1990. "Government Failures in Development," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(3), pages 9-23, Summer.
- Marcus Noland & Li-Gang Liu & Sherman Robinson, 1998.
"Global Economic Effects of the Asian Currency Devaluations,"
Peterson Institute Press: All Books,
Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa56.
- Marcus Noland & Li-Gang Liu & Sherman Robinson, 1998. "Global Economic Effects of the Asian Currency Devaluations," Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa56, October.
- Dahlman, Carl J, 1979. "The Problem of Externality," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(1), pages 141-162, April.
- Mehdi SHAFAEDDIN, 1998. "How Did Developed Countries Industrialize? The History Of Trade And Industrial Policy: The Cases Of Great Britain And The Usa," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 139, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Corsetti, Giancarlo & Pesenti, Paolo & Roubini, Nouriel, 1999.
"What caused the Asian currency and financial crisis?,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 305-373, October.
- Corsetti, G. & Pesenti, P. & Roubini, N., 1998. "What Caused the Asian Currency and Financial Crisis?," Papers 343, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Paolo Pesenti & Nouriel Roubini, 1998. "What Caused the Asian Currency and Financial Crisis?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 343, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Tibor Scitovsky, 1954. "Two Concepts of External Economies," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62, pages 143-143.
- Arndt, Heinz W., 1988. ""Market failure" and underdevelopment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 219-229, February.
- Alwyn Young, 1991. "Learning by Doing and the Dynamic Effects of International Trade," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 369-405.
- Young, Allyn A., 1928. "Increasing Returns and Economic Progress," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 38, pages 527-542.
- Dani Rodrik, 1998.
"Why Do More Open Economies Have Bigger Governments?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(5), pages 997-1032, October.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1996. "Why do More Open Economies Have Bigger Governments?," CEPR Discussion Papers 1388, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dani Rodrik, 1996. "Why Do More Open Economies Have Bigger Governments?," NBER Working Papers 5537, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stewart, Frances & Ghani, Ejaz, 1991. "How significant are externalities for development?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 569-594, June.
- Chang, Ha-Joon, 1993. "The Political Economy of Industrial Policy in Korea," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(2), pages 131-157, June.
- Stern, Nicholas, 1989. "The Economics of Development: A Survey," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 597-685, September.
- George J. Stigler, 1967. "Imperfections in the Capital Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 287-287.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1988.
"Economic organization, information, and development,"
Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 5, pages 93-160
- Stiglitz, J.E., 1988. "Economic Organization, Information And Development," Papers 21, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Nicholas Kaldor, 1975. "What is Wrong with Economic Theory," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 89(3), pages 347-357.
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters,in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaldor, Nicholas, 1972. "The Irrelevance of Equilibrium Economics," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(328), pages 1237-1255, December.
- Williams, Martin & Laumas, Prem S, 1984. "Economies of Scale for Various Types of Manufacturing Production Technologies in an Underdeveloped Economy," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(2), pages 401-412, January.
- Leibenstein, Harvey, 1989. "Organizational economics and institutions as missing elements in economic development analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(9), pages 1361-1373, September.
- Alwyn Young, 1991. "Learning by Doing and the Dynamic Effects of International Trade," NBER Working Papers 3577, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Prebisch, Raúl, 1950. "The economic development of Latin America and its principal problems," Sede de la CEPAL en Santiago (Estudios e Investigaciones) 29973, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Arndt, H. W., 1985. "The origins of structuralism," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 151-159, February.
- Streeten, Paul, 1987. "Structural adjustment: A survey of the issues and options," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(12), pages 1469-1482, December.
- G. M. Meier, 1993. "The new political economy and policy reform," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(4), pages 381-389, July.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1989. "Markets, Market Failures, and Development," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 197-203, May.
- H. W. Arndt, 1955. "External Economies In Economic Growth," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 31(1-2), pages 192-214, May.
- Jagdish N. Bhagwati, 1978. "Anatomy and Consequences of Exchange Control Regimes," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number bhag78-1, January.
- Mick Moore & Chris Kyle & Ian Scoones & Alan Gilbert & Helen Hintjens & Carlyn Ramlogan & Emanuel de Kadt & George Philip & Nici Nelson & Geraldine Lievesley & Madeleine Tress & Ruth Pearson & Ha-Joon, 1997. "Book reviews," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(3), pages 421-441.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shafaeddin, Mehdi, 2010. "Trade liberalization, industrialization and development; experience of recent decades," MPRA Paper 26355, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shafaeddin, Mehdi, 2006. "Is The Industrial Policy Relevant In The 21st Century?," MPRA Paper 6643, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-04-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-PKE-2005-04-24 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2005-04-24 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unc:dispap:175. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joerg Mayer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/unctach.html .