Competing in the Digital Economy?: The Dynamics and Impacts of B2B E-commerce on the South African Manufacturing Sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arvind Panagariya, 2000. "E‐Commerce, WTO and Developing Countries," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(8), pages 959-978, August.
- David Lucking-Reiley & Daniel F. Spulber, 2001.
"Business-to-Business Electronic Commerce,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(1), pages 55-68, Winter.
- David Lucking-Reiley & Daniel F. Spulber, 2000. "Business-to-Business Electronic Commerce," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0016, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Freeman, Chris, 1995. "The 'National System of Innovation' in Historical Perspective," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 5-24, February.
- Nadvi, Khalid, 1999. "Collective Efficiency and Collective Failure: The Response of the Sialkot Surgical Instrument Cluster to Global Quality Pressures," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1605-1626, September.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1989. "Markets, Market Failures, and Development," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 197-203, May.
- Cohen, Stephen S & Zysman, John & DeLong, Bradford J, 2000. "Tools for Thought: What is New and Important about the "E-conomy"?," UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, Working Paper Series qt0c97w1gn, UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, UC Berkeley.
- Sagren Moodley, 2002. "Internet-enabled supply chain integration: Prospects and challenges for the South African automotive industry," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(5), pages 659-679.
- Robin Mansell, 2001. "Digital Opportunities and the Missing Link for Developing Countries," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(2), pages 282-295, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan M. Gallego & Luis H. Gutiérrez & Sang H. Lee, 2015.
"A firm-level analysis of ICT adoption in an emerging economy: evidence from the Colombian manufacturing industries,"
Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(1), pages 191-221.
- Juan M. Gallego & Luis H. Gutiérrez & Sang H. Lee, "undated". "A Firm-Level Analysis of ICT Adoption in an Emerging Economy: Evidence from the Colombian Manufacturing Industries," Development Working Papers 362, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Juan Gallego & Luis H. GutiÃ©rrez & Sang H. Lee, 2011. "A firm-level analysis of ICT adoption in an emerging economy: evidence from the colombian manufacturing industries," Documentos de Trabajo 009155, Universidad del Rosario.
- Krone Madlen & Dannenberg Peter, 2018. "Analysing the effects of information and communication technologies (ICTs) on the integration of East African farmers in a value chain context," Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftsgeographie, De Gruyter, vol. 62(1), pages 65-81, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Christos N. Pitelis, 2011. "Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Integration," Chapters, in: Miroslav N. Jovanović (ed.), International Handbook on the Economics of Integration, Volume III, chapter 1, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Christos N. Pitelis, 2009. "The Sustainable Competitive Advantage and Catching-up of Nations: FDI, Clusters and the Liability (Asset) of Smallness," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 95-120, February.
- Caroline Jennings Saul & Heiko Gebauer, 2018. "Digital Transformation as an Enabler for Advanced Services in the Sanitation Sector," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-18, March.
- Arun Natarajan Hariharan & Arindam Biswas, 2020. "A Critical review of the Indian knowledge‐based industry location policy against its theoretical arguments," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 431-454, June.
- Guido Fioretti, 2004.
"Will industrial districts exploit B2B? A local experience and a general assessment,"
Netnomics, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 221-242, December.
- Guido Fioretti, 2005. "Will Industrial Districts Exploit B2B? A local experience and a general assessment," Urban/Regional 0504008, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roberts, Rhonda, 1998. "Managing innovation: The pursuit of competitive advantage and the design of innovation intense environments," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 159-175, June.
- Reis, Anabela & Heitor, Manuel & Amaral, Miguel & Mendonça, Joana, 2016. "Revisiting industrial policy: Lessons learned from the establishment of an automotive OEM in Portugal," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 113(PB), pages 195-205.
- Paus, Eva, 1995. "Exports, economic growth and the consolidation of peace in El Salvador," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(12), pages 2173-2193, December.
- Renato Gomes & Alessandro Pavan, 2013. "Cross-Subsidization and Matching Design," Discussion Papers 1559, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Ramani, Shyama V. & Chowdhury, Nupur & Coronini, Roger & Reid, Susan, 2011. "On India's plunge into Nanotechnology: What are good ways to catch-up?," MERIT Working Papers 2011-020, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Dutrénit, Gabriela & Natera, José Miguel & Puchet Anyul, Martín & Vera-Cruz, Alexandre O., 2019. "Development profiles and accumulation of technological capabilities in Latin America," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 396-412.
- Haydar Akyazi & Seyfettin Artan, 2006.
"Reflections of the New Economy on the Monetary Policy and Central Banking,"
Papers of the Annual IUE-SUNY Cortland Conference in Economics, in: Oguz Esen & Ayla Ogus (ed.), Proceedings of the Conference on Human and Economic Resources, pages 373-387,
Izmir University of Economics.
- Akyazi, Haydar & Artan, Seyfettin, 2006. "Reflections of the New Economy on the monetary policy and central banking," MPRA Paper 152, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Haydar, Akyazi & Seyfettin, Artan, 2006. "The reflections of new economy on monetary policy and central banking," MPRA Paper 603, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 27 Sep 2006.
- Havas, Attila & Weber, K. Matthias, 2017. "The 'fit' between forward-looking activities and the innovation policy governance sub-system: A framework to explore potential impacts," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 327-337.
- Ronchi, Loraine, 2006. "Fairtrade and market failures in agricultural commodity markets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4011, The World Bank.
- Fine, Ben, 2002. "Economics Imperialism and the New Development Economics as Kuhnian Paradigm Shift?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 2057-2070, December.
- Ciarli, Tommaso & Ràfols, Ismael, 2019.
"The relation between research priorities and societal demands: The case of rice,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 949-967.
- Tommaso Ciarli & Ismael Ràfols, 2018. "The Relation Between Research Priorities and Societal Demands: The Case of Rice," SPRU Working Paper Series 2018-12, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Carlos Alós-Ferrer & Georg Kirchsteiger & Markus Walzl, 2010.
"On the Evolution of Market Institutions: The Platform Design Paradox,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 120(543), pages 215-243, March.
- Alos-Ferrer, Carlos & Kirchsteiger, Georg & Walzl, Markus, 2006. "On the Evolution of Market Institutions: The Platform Design Paradox," CEPR Discussion Papers 5538, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carlos Alós-Ferrer & Georg Kirchsteiger & Markus Walzl, 2007. "On the Evolution of Market Institutions: The Platform Design Paradox," CESifo Working Paper Series 2012, CESifo.
- Alos-Ferrer, C. & Kirchsteiger, G. & Walzl, M., 2006. "On the evolution of market institutions: the platform design paradox," Research Memorandum 004, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Carlos Alós-Ferrer & Georg Kirchsteiger & Markus Walzl, 2010. "On the Evolution of Market Institutions: The Platform Design Paradox," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/149586, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Patrick Bajari & Ali Hortaçsu, 2004. "Economic Insights from Internet Auctions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(2), pages 457-486, June.
- Tang, Shui-Yan, 1995. "Informal credit markets and economic development in Taiwan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 845-855, May.
- Judith Fessehaie & Zavareh Rustomjee & Lauralyn Kaziboni, 2016. "Mining-related national systems of innovation in southern Africa National trajectories and regional integration," WIDER Working Paper Series 084, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness networks; Information technology; Internet; Manufacturing;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:dp2002-79. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Siméon Rapin (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.