Trade Liberalization and Development in ICT Sector and its impact on household welfare in Viet Nam
The ICT sector in Viet Nam had not been developed until the 1980s. However, over the last decade of rapid growth, it has had a powerful impact on many aspects of life in this country. Although the ICT sector is still at an early stage of development and lags behind many other countries in the region, the government of Viet Nam made strong commitments to upgrade the nation’s ICT capability and implemented significant reforms in terms of trade and investment liberalization in ICT sector over the last decade.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2007|
|Publication status:||Published in ARTNeT website|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.unescap.org/tid/artnet/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yoko Niimi & Puja Vasudeva Dutta & L. Alan Winters, 2015.
"Trade Liberalisation and Poverty Dynamics in Vietnam,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Non-Tariff Barriers, Regionalism and Poverty Essays in Applied International Trade Analysis, chapter 16, pages 333-365
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Niimi, Yoko & Vasudeva Dutta, Puja, 2007. "Trade Liberalisation and Poverty Dynamics in Vietnam," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 22, pages 819-851.
- Yoko Niimi & Puja Vasudeva Dutta & Alan Winters, 2003. "Trade Liberalisation and Poverty Dynamics in Vietnam," PRUS Working Papers 17, Poverty Research Unit at Sussex, University of Sussex.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1988. "Economic organization, information, and development," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 5, pages 93-160 Elsevier.
- Stiglitz, J.E., 1988. "Economic Organization, Information And Development," Papers 21, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1989. "Markets, Market Failures, and Development," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 197-203, May.
- Bruce C. Greenwald & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1986. "Externalities in Economies with Imperfect Information and Incomplete Markets," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(2), pages 229-264. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esc:wpaper:3307. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yann Duval)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.