Empirical Economic Model Discovery and Theory Evaluation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- David F. Hendry, 2011. "Empirical Economic Model Discovery and Theory Evaluation," Rationality, Markets and Morals, Frankfurt School Verlag, Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, vol. 2(46), October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Engle, Robert F. & Hendry, David F., 1993.
"Testing superexogeneity and invariance in regression models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1-2), pages 119-139, March.
- Engle, R. & Hendry, D., 1990. "Testing Super Exogeneity And Invariance In Regression Models," Economics Series Working Papers 99100, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Castle, Jennifer L. & Doornik, Jurgen A. & Hendry, David F., 2012. "Model selection when there are multiple breaks," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 169(2), pages 239-246.
- Bontemps, Christophe & Mizon, Grayham E., 2001. "Congruence and encompassing," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 0107, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- David F. Hendry & Carlos Santos, 2005.
"Regression Models with Data-based Indicator Variables,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 67(5), pages 571-595, October.
- David F. Hendry & Carlos Santos, 2004. "Regression Models with Data-based Indicator Variables," Economics Papers 2004-W04, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- David F. Hendry & Carlos Santos, 2004. "Regression Models with Data-based Indicator Variables," Economics Papers 2004-W13, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Castle, Jennifer L. & Fawcett, Nicholas W.P. & Hendry, David F., 2010.
"Forecasting with equilibrium-correction models during structural breaks,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 158(1), pages 25-36, September.
- Jennifer Castle & David Hendry & Nicholas W.P. Fawcett, 2008. "Forecasting with Equilibrium-correction Models during Structural Breaks," Economics Series Working Papers 408, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Castle, Jennifer L. & Hendry, David F., 2010.
"A low-dimension portmanteau test for non-linearity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 158(2), pages 231-245, October.
- Jennifer Castle & David Hendry, 2010. "A Low-Dimension Portmanteau Test for Non-linearity," Economics Series Working Papers 471, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Spanos,Aris, 1986. "Statistical Foundations of Econometric Modelling," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521269124, March.
- Jennifer L. Castle & Nicholas W.P. Fawcett & David F. Hendry, 2009. "Nowcasting Is Not Just Contemporaneous Forecasting," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 210(1), pages 71-89, October.
- Carlos Santos & David Hendry & Soren Johansen, 2008.
"Automatic selection of indicators in a fully saturated regression,"
Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 317-335, April.
- David Hendry & Søren Johansen & Carlos Santos, 2008. "Automatic selection of indicators in a fully saturated regression," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 337-339, April.
- Hendry, David F., 1979. "The behaviour of inconsistent instrumental variables estimators in dynamic systems with autocorrelated errors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 295-314, February.
- Roger Fouquet & Peter J.G. Pearson, 2006. "Seven Centuries of Energy Services: The Price and Use of Light in the United Kingdom (1300-2000)," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 139-178.
- Hendry, David F., 1976. "The structure of simultaneous equations estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 51-88, February.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Modelling without theory
by Economic Logician in Economic Logic on 2011-03-23 18:59:00
- Economic Logician Displaying Precisely No Logic
by James Reade in Christianity and Econometrics on 2011-03-25 01:58:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marçal, Emerson Fernandes & Cunha, Ronan & Merlin, Giovanni Tondin & Simões, Oscar Rodrigues, 2017. "The aftermath of 2008 turmoil on Brazilian economy: Tsunami or “Marolinha”?," Textos para discussão 459, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Qin, Duo & Xu, Zhong & Zhang, Xuechun, 2014. "How much informal credit lending responded to monetary policy in China? The case of Wenzhou," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31, pages 22-31.
- Hendry, David F. & Johansen, Søren, 2015. "Model Discovery And Trygve Haavelmo’S Legacy," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(01), pages 93-114, February.
- Marçal, Emerson Fernandes & Zimmermann, Beatrice Aline & Mendonça, Diogo de Prince & Giovanni, Merlin & Simões, Oscar Rodrigues, 2016. "Assessing global economic activity linkages: an empirical exercise based on global autoregressive regression," Textos para discussão 416, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
More about this item
KeywordsEmpirical discovery; theory evaluation; model selection; Autometrics;
- C18 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Methodolical Issues: General
- B40 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-02-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2011-02-19 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CIS-2011-02-19 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-ECM-2011-02-19 (Econometrics)
- NEP-EVO-2011-02-19 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-HPE-2011-02-19 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxf:wpaper:529. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne Pouliquen) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfeixuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.