Uncovering the impact of the HIV epidemic on fertility in Sub-Saharan Africa: the case of Malawi
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 24 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: +43-70-2468-8236|
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00148/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lorentzen, Peter L. & McMillan, John & Wacziarg, Romain, 2005.
"Death and Development,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5246, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mika Ueyama & Futoshi Yamauchi, 2009.
"Marriage behavior response to prime-age adult mortality: evidence from malawi,"
Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 43-63, February.
- Ueyama, Mika & Yamauchi, Futoshi, 2008. "Marriage behavior response to prime-age adult mortality: Evidence from Malawi," IFPRI discussion papers 764, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jane G. Fortson, 2009. "HIV/AIDS and Fertility," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 1(3), pages 170-94, July.
- Chinhui Juhn & Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan & Belgi Turan, 2008.
"HIV and Fertility in Africa: First Evidence from Population Based Surveys,"
NBER Working Papers
14248, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Juhn, Chinhui & Kalemli-Ozcan, Sebnem & Turan, Belgi, 2009. "HIV and Fertility in Africa: First Evidence from Population Based Surveys," IZA Discussion Papers 4473, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan & Belgi Turan & Chinhui Juhn, 2009. "HIV and Fertility in Africa: First Evidence from Population Based Surveys," 2009 Meeting Papers 650, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Barmby, T & Cigno, A, 1990. "A Sequential Probability Model of Fertility Patterns," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 31-51, April.
- Gustavo Angeles & David Guilkey & Thomas Mroz, 2005. "The determinants of fertility in rural Peru: Program effects in the early years of the national family planning program," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 367-389, 06.
- McDonald, Scott & Roberts, Jennifer, 2006.
"AIDS and economic growth: A human capital approach,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 228-250, June.
- Scott McDonald & Jennifer Roberts, 2004. "Aids and Economic Growth: A Human Capital Approach," Working Papers 2004008, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2004.
- Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan, 2002.
"A Stochastic Model of Mortality, Fertility, and Human Capital Investment,"
- Kalemli-Ozcan, Sebnem, 2003. "A stochastic model of mortality, fertility, and human capital investment," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 103-118, February.
- Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan, 2012.
"AIDS, “reversal” of the demographic transition and economic development: evidence from Africa,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 871-897, July.
- Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan, 2006. "AIDS, "Reversal" of the Demographic Transition and Economic Development: Evidence from Africa," NBER Working Papers 12181, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David E. Bloom & Ajay S. Mahal, 1995.
"Does the AIDS Epidemic Really Threaten Economic Growth?,"
NBER Working Papers
5148, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Becker, Gary S & Lewis, H Gregg, 1973. "On the Interaction between the Quantity and Quality of Children," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(2), pages S279-88, Part II, .
- Corrigan, Paul & Glomm, Gerhard & Mendez, Fabio, 2005. "AIDS crisis and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 107-124, June.
- Durevall, Dick & Lindskog, Annika, 2009. "How Does Communal HIV/AIDS Affect Fertility? - Evidence from Malawi," Working Papers in Economics 369, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 25 Aug 2009.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jopoec:v:24:y:2011:i:2:p:629-655. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.