Uncovering the impact of the HIV epidemic on fertility in Sub-Saharan Africa: the case of Malawi
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 24 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: +43-70-2468-8236|
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00148/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Durevall, Dick & Lindskog, Annika, 2009. "How Does Communal HIV/AIDS Affect Fertility? - Evidence from Malawi," Working Papers in Economics 369, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 25 Aug 2009.
- Juhn, Chinhui & Kalemli-Ozcan, Sebnem & Turan, Belgi, 2009.
"HIV and Fertility in Africa: First Evidence from Population Based Surveys,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4473, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Chinhui Juhn & Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan & Belgi Turan, 2008. "HIV and Fertility in Africa: First Evidence from Population Based Surveys," NBER Working Papers 14248, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan & Belgi Turan & Chinhui Juhn, 2009. "HIV and Fertility in Africa: First Evidence from Population Based Surveys," 2009 Meeting Papers 650, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- David E. Bloom & Ajay S. Mahal, 1995.
"Does the AIDS Epidemic Really Threaten Economic Growth?,"
NBER Working Papers
5148, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan, 2002.
"A Stochastic Model of Mortality, Fertility, and Human Capital Investment,"
- Kalemli-Ozcan, Sebnem, 2003. "A stochastic model of mortality, fertility, and human capital investment," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 103-118, February.
- McDonald, Scott & Roberts, Jennifer, 2006.
"AIDS and economic growth: A human capital approach,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 228-250, June.
- Scott McDonald & Jennifer Roberts, 2004. "Aids and Economic Growth: A Human Capital Approach," Working Papers 2004008, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2004.
- Gustavo Angeles & David Guilkey & Thomas Mroz, 2005. "The determinants of fertility in rural Peru: Program effects in the early years of the national family planning program," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 367-389, 06.
- Becker, Gary S & Lewis, H Gregg, 1973. "On the Interaction between the Quantity and Quality of Children," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(2), pages S279-88, Part II, .
- Barmby, T & Cigno, A, 1990. "A Sequential Probability Model of Fertility Patterns," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 31-51, April.
- Jane G. Fortson, 2009. "HIV/AIDS and Fertility," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 1(3), pages 170-94, July.
- Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan, 2006.
"AIDS, "Reversal" of the Demographic Transition and Economic Development: Evidence from Africa,"
NBER Working Papers
12181, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan, 2012. "AIDS, “reversal” of the demographic transition and economic development: evidence from Africa," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 871-897, July.
- Peter Lorentzen & John McMillan & Romain Wacziarg, 2006.
"Death and Development,"
2006 Meeting Papers
61, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Raul Santaeulalia-Llopis, 2008. "Aggregate Effect of AIDS on Development," 2008 Meeting Papers 533, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Corrigan, Paul & Glomm, Gerhard & Mendez, Fabio, 2005. "AIDS crisis and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 107-124, June.
- Mika Ueyama & Futoshi Yamauchi, 2009.
"Marriage behavior response to prime-age adult mortality: evidence from malawi,"
Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 43-63, February.
- Ueyama, Mika & Yamauchi, Futoshi, 2008. "Marriage behavior response to prime-age adult mortality: Evidence from Malawi," IFPRI discussion papers 764, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jopoec:v:24:y:2011:i:2:p:629-655. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.