Review of Easterly's The Elusive Quest for Growth
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1999.
"Why do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output Per Worker than Others?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(1), pages 83-116.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1998. "Why Do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output per Worker than Others?"," Working Papers 98007, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1999. "Why Do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output per Worker than Others?," NBER Working Papers 6564, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Barro, 2013. "Inflation and Economic Growth," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 121-144, May.
- Robert J. Barro, 1991.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 407-443.
- Barro, R.J., 1989. "Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries," RCER Working Papers 201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Robert J. Barro, 1989. "Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William Easterly & Ross Levine, 1997.
"Africa's Growth Tragedy: Policies and Ethnic Divisions,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1203-1250.
- Easterly, W & Levine, R, 1996. "Africa's Growth Tragedy : Policies and Ethnic Divisions," Papers 536, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Jonathan Temple, 1999. "The New Growth Evidence," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(1), pages 112-156, March.
- Nazrul Islam, 1995. "Growth Empirics: A Panel Data Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(4), pages 1127-1170.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cohen, Joseph N, 2010. "Neoliberalism’s relationship with economic growth in the developing world: Was it the power of the market or the resolution of financial crisis?," MPRA Paper 24399, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- GianCarlo Moschini, 2003.
"Intellectual Property Rights and the World Trade Organization: Retrospect and Prospects,"
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
03-wp334, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Moschini, GianCarlo, 2004. "Intellectual Property Rights and the World Trade Organization: Retrospect and Prospects," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10442, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lee, Angela Y. & Aaker, Jennifer L., 2006. "A Monte Carlo Study of Growth Regressions," Research Papers 1836r1, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Prüfer, P. & Tondl, G., 2008.
"The FDI-Growth Nexus in Latin America : The Role of Source Countries and Local Conditions,"
2008-61, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Patricia Prüfer & Gabriele Tondl, 2009. "The FDI-Growth Nexus in Latin America: The Role of Source Countries and Local Conditions," DEGIT Conference Papers c014_025, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Wick, A.K., 2008. "Conflicts, development and natural resources : An applied game theoretic approach," Other publications TiSEM 9dfd8863-301e-477b-9999-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Karsten Staehr, 2005.
"Reforms and Economic Growth in Transition Economies: Complementarity, Sequencing and Speed,"
European Journal of Comparative Economics,
Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 2(2), pages 177-202, December.
- Staehr, Karsten, 2003. "Reforms and economic growth in transition economies : Complementarity, sequencing and speed," BOFIT Discussion Papers 1/2003, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Karsten Staehr, 2003. "Reforms and economic growth in transition economies: Complementarity, sequencing and speed," Macroeconomics 0303003, EconWPA.
- Graziella Bertocchi, 2011.
"Growth, Colonization, and Institutional Development. In and Out of Africa,"
Center for Economic Research (RECent)
064, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Bertocchi, Graziella, 2011. "Growth, Colonization, and Institutional Development: In and Out of Africa," CEPR Discussion Papers 8486, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bertocchi, Graziella, 2011. "Growth, Colonization, and Institutional Development: In and Out of Africa," IZA Discussion Papers 5856, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Matthew McCartney, 2011. "Pakistan, Growth, Dependency, and Crisis," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 16(Special E), pages 71-94, September.
- repec:unu:wpaper:wp2012-66 is not listed on IDEAS
- Diego Bastourre & Luis Casanova & Alejo Espora, 2011. "Tipo de Cambio Real y Crecimiento: Síntesis de la Evidencia y Agenda de Investigación," Department of Economics, Working Papers 082, Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Anna Lo Prete, 2013.
"Inequality and the finance you know: does economic literacy matter?,"
CeRP Working Papers
136, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- Lo Prete, Anna, 2017. "Inequality and the finance you know: does economic literacy matter?," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201734, University of Turin.
- Angresano, James, 2004. "European Union integration lessons for ASEAN + 3: the importance of contextual specificity," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 909-926, January.
- Sonia Bhalotra & Marcela Umaña-Aponte, 2010.
"The Dynamics of Women’s Labour Supply in Developing Countries,"
The Centre for Market and Public Organisation
10/235, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Bhalotra, Sonia R. & Umana-Aponte, Marcela, 2010. "The Dynamics of Women's Labour Supply in Developing Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 4879, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- William Hauk & Romain Wacziarg, 2009. "A Monte Carlo study of growth regressions," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 103-147, June.
- Slavov, Slavi T., 2009. "Do common currencies facilitate the net flow of capital among countries?," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 124-144, August.
- Godunova, M., 2010. "Influence of import tariffs, accumulation of FER and external debt on economic growth depending on stages of economic development," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, issue 5, pages 28-45.
- Robert P. Inman, 2008. "Federalism's Values and the Value of Federalism," NBER Working Papers 13735, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Umaña-Aponte, Marcela & Bhalotra, Sonia R., 2012. "Women's Labour Supply and Household Insurance in Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 066, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Jean Cartier-Bresson, 2011. "L'agenda de la gouvernance," Working Papers hal-00845170, HAL.
- Youwen Zhang, 2011. "From Policy-driven Opening to Institutional Opening – A Discussion on Policy-imposed Distortion in China’s Economic Development," Chapters,in: China’s Economy in the Post-WTO Environment, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bordo, Michael D. & Rousseau, Peter L., 2012.
"Historical evidence on the finance-trade-growth nexus,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1236-1243.
- Michael D. Bordo & Peter L. Rousseau, 2011. "Historical Evidence on the Finance-Trade-Growth Nexus," NBER Working Papers 17024, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lewis L. Smith, 2007. "Complexity meets development - a felicitous encounter on the road of life," Interdisciplinary Description of Complex Systems - scientific journal, Croatian Interdisciplinary Society Provider Homepage: http://indecs.eu, vol. 5(2), pages 151-160.
- Hauk, William R., 2017. "Endogeneity bias and growth regressions," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 143-161.
- Prüfer, P., 2008. "Model uncertainty in growth empirics," Other publications TiSEM 3845a6a0-4364-4f2c-9f3a-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jeclit:v:40:y:2002:i:3:p:907-918. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.