Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: Current editor:
Additional information is available for the following registered editor(s):
Ben R. Martin
W Edward Steinmueller
Series handle: RePEc:eee:respol
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
April 2000, Volume 29, Issue 4-5
March 2000, Volume 29, Issue 3
February 2000, Volume 29, Issue 2
- 109-123 The dynamics of innovation: from National Systems and "Mode 2" to a Triple Helix of university-industry-government relations
by Etzkowitz, Henry & Leydesdorff, Loet
- 125-134 The virtual incubator: managing human capital in the software industry
by Nowak, Michael J. & Grantham, Charles E.
- 135-147 Technology transfer in transitional economies: a test of market, state and organizational models
by Sedaitis, Judith
- 149-167 Vial bodies: conflicting interests in the move to new institutional relationships in biological medicines research and regulation
by Morris, Norma
- 169-179 The evolution of rules for access to megascience research environments viewed from Canadian experience
by Langford, Cooper H. & Langford, Martha Whitney
- 181-192 Applying audition systems from the performing arts to R&D funding mechanisms: quality control in collaboration among the academic, public, and private sectors in Japan
by Kobayashi, Shin-ichi
- 193-203 The triple helix model as a motor for the creative use of telematics
by de Castro, Eduardo Anselmo & Rodrigues, Carlos & Esteves, Carlos & da Rosa Pires, Artur
- 205-223 The contrasting roles of government in the development of biotechnology industry in the US and Germany
by Giesecke, Susanne
- 225-241 The building of knowledge spaces in Mexico: a regional approach to networking
by Casas, Rosalba & de Gortari, Rebeca & Santos, Ma. Josefa
- 243-255 The triple helix: an evolutionary model of innovations
by Leydesdorff, Loet
- 257-272 A complexity approach to innovation networks. The case of the aircraft industry (1909-1997)
by Frenken, Koen
- 273-278 The place of universities in the system of knowledge production
by Godin, Benoit & Gingras, Yves
- 279-290 The university-industry-government relations in Latin America
by Sutz, Judith
- 291-301 Institutionalizing the triple helix: research funding and norms in the academic system
by Benner, Mats & Sandstrom, Ulf
- 303-312 Data withholding in academic medicine: characteristics of faculty denied access to research results and biomaterials
by Campbell, Eric G. & Weissman, Joel S. & Causino, Nancyanne & Blumenthal, David
- 313-330 The future of the university and the university of the future: evolution of ivory tower to entrepreneurial paradigm
by Etzkowitz, Henry & Webster, Andrew & Gebhardt, Christiane & Terra, Branca Regina Cantisano
January 2000, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 1-8 An analysis of the critical role of public science in innovation: the case of biotechnology
by McMillan, G. Steven & Narin, Francis & Deeds, David L.
- 9-29 Shifts in foreign trade, competitiveness and growth potential: from Baltics to 'Bal-techs'?
by Lankhuizen, Maureen
- 31-40 Pragmatism and self-organization: Research collaboration on the individual level
by Melin, Goran
- 41-58 Firm behaviour and innovative performance: An empirical exploration of the selection-adaptation debate
by Meeus, Marius T. H. & Oerlemans, Leon A. G.
- 59-79 Reconciling the conflict between the 'pollution-haven' hypothesis and an emerging trajectory of international technology transfer
by Letchumanan, Raman & Kodama, Fumio
- 81-98 The changing pattern of industrial scientific research collaboration in Sweden
by Okubo, Yoshiko & Sjoberg, Cecilia
November 1999, Volume 28, Issue 8
- 793-805 Innovation and inter-firm linkages: new implications for policy
by Nooteboom, Bart
- 807-818 The microeconomics of manufacturing modernization programs
by Feller, Irwin & Nelson, Jon P.
- 819-832 Do innovative activities matter to small firms in non-R&D-intensive industries? An application to export performance
by Sterlacchini, Alessandro
- 833-851 Technological transformations in history: how the computer regime grew out of existing computing regimes
by van den Ende, Jan & Kemp, Rene
- 853-871 The rise of clusters of innovative industries in Belgium during the industrial epoch
by Boschma, Ron A.
- 873-890 Making sense of diversity and reluctance: academic-industrial relations and intellectual property
by Rappert, Brian & Webster, Andrew & Charles, David
- 891-905 A resource-based analysis of the factors determining a firm's R&D activities
by Del Canto, Jesus Galende & Gonzalez, Isabel Suarez
September 1999, Volume 28, Issue 7
- 667-680 Determinants of the adoption of Information Technology: a case study of electrical and electronic goods manufacturing firms in India
by Lal, K.
- 681-698 Shaping Cyberspace--interpreting and transforming the Internet
by Thomas, Graham & Wyatt, Sally
- 699-717 Environmental policies and innovation: A knowledge-based perspective on cooperative approaches
by Aggeri, Franck
- 719-749 Systems option for sustainable development--effect and limit of the Ministry of International Trade and Industry's efforts to substitute technology for energy
by Watanabe, Chihiro
- 751-776 New perspectives on the innovation strategies of multinational enterprises: lessons for technology policy in Europe
by Meyer-Krahmer, Frieder & Reger, Guido
- 777-792 The construction of the techno-economic: networks vs. paradigms
by Green, Ken & Hull, Richard & McMeekin, Andrew & Walsh, Vivien
August 1999, Volume 28, Issue 6
- 563-585 An integrated network approach to systems of innovation--the case of robotics in Japan
by Kumaresan, Nageswaran & Miyazaki, Kumiko
- 587-600 R&D dynamics of creating patents in the Japanese industry
by Kondo, Masayuki
- 601-614 The rise and fall of 'Supernet': a case study of technology transfer policy for smaller firms
by Bessant, John
- 615-624 Innovative output, and a firm's propensity to patent.: An exploration of CIS micro data
by Brouwer, Erik & Kleinknecht, Alfred
- 625-642 Organizing international technological collaboration in subcontractor relationships: an investigation of the knowledge-stickiness problem
by Andersen, Poul Houman
- 643-660 Technological entry, exit and survival: an empirical analysis of patent data
by Malerba, Franco & Orsenigo, Luigi
June 1999, Volume 28, Issue 5
- 451-468 Interdependencies between the science and technology infrastructure and innovation activities in German regions: empirical findings and policy consequences
by Blind, Knut & Grupp, Hariolf
- 469-488 Variety and niche creation in aircraft, helicopters, motorcycles and microcomputers
by Frenken, Koen & Saviotti, Paolo P. & Trommetter, Michel
- 489-499 The efficacy of different modes of funding research: perspectives from Australian data on the biological sciences
by Bourke, Paul & Butler, Linda
- 501-517 The self-similar science system1
by Katz, J. Sylvan
- 519-543 In search of the European Paradox: an international comparison of Europe's scientific performance and knowledge flows in information and communication technologies research
by Tijssen, Robert J. W. & van Wijk, Erik
- 545-562 Territorial concentration and evolution of science and technology activities in the European Union: a descriptive analysis
by Zitt, M. & Barre, R. & Sigogneau, A. & Laville, F.
April 1999, Volume 28, Issue 4
- 337-350 Failure and success: the fate of industrial policy in Latin America and South East Asia
by Etzkowitz, Henry & Brisolla, Sandra N.
- 351-376 Patterns of restructuring in research, development and innovation activities in central and eastern European countries: an analysis based on S&T indicators1
by Radosevic, Slavo & Auriol, Laudeline
- 377-396 Patent statistics in the age of globalisation: new legal procedures, new analytical methods, new economic interpretation
by Grupp, Hariolf & Schmoch, Ulrich
- 397-422 Public research and industrial innovations in Germany
by Beise, Marian & Stahl, Harald
- 423-439 The implications of network use, production network externalities and public networking programmes for firm's productivity
by Koski, Heli
March 1999, Volume 28, Issue 2-3
- 107-117 Editorial
- 119-144 Technological globalisation and innovative centres: the role of corporate technological leadership and locational hierarchy1
by Cantwell, John & Janne, Odile
- 145-155 Patterns of internationalisation of corporate technology: location vs. home country advantages1
by Patel, Pari & Vega, Modesto
- 157-178 Decentralised R&D and strategic competitiveness: globalised approaches to generation and use of technology in multinational enterprises (MNEs)
by Pearce, Robert D.
- 179-193 Foreign direct investment in industrial research in the pharmaceutical and electronics industries--results from a survey of multinational firms
by Kuemmerle, Walter
- 195-213 How do you mean 'global'? An empirical investigation of innovation networks in the multinational corporation
by Zander, Ivo
- 215-230 Canadian R&D abroad management practices
by Niosi, Jorge & Godin, Benoit
- 231-250 New concepts and trends in international R&D organization
by Gassmann, Oliver & von Zedtwitz, Maximilian
- 251-274 Globalization of R&D: recent changes in the management of innovation in transnational corporations
by Gerybadze, Alexander & Reger, Guido
- 275-302 Internationalization of corporate R&D: a study of Japanese and Swedish corporations1
by Granstrand, Ove
- 303-316 Globalization of industrial R&D: an examination of foreign direct investments in R&D in the United States
by Serapio Jr., Manuel G. & Dalton, Donald H.
- 317-336 The policy implications of the globalisation of innovation
by Archibugi, Daniele & Iammarino, Simona
January 1999, Volume 28, Issue 1
December 1998, Volume 27, Issue 9
- 881-899 Technological innovation in services and manufacturing: results from Italian surveys
by Sirilli, Giorgio & Evangelista, Rinaldo
- 901-913 The impact of transaction costs on the institutional structuration of collaborative academic research
by Landry, Rejean & Amara, Nabil
- 915-935 In search of project classification: a non-universal approach to project success factors
by Dvir, D. & Lipovetsky, S. & Shenhar, A. & Tishler, A.
- 937-946 Passing the European Patent Office: evidence from the data-processing industry
by van Dijk, Theon & Duysters, Geert
- 947-976 Why has the investment performance of technology-specialist, European venture capital funds been so poor?
by Murray, Gordon C. & Marriott, Richard
December 1998, Volume 27, Issue 8
- 757-769 Mediation in the Dutch science system
by van der Meulen, Barend & Rip, Arie
- 771-780 Research institutions in France: between the Republic of science and the nation-state in crisis
by Papon, Pierre
- 781-791 Socialist academies of sciences: the enforced orientation of basic research at user needs
by Mayntz, Renate
- 793-805 The social shaping of the national science base
by Pavitt, Keith
- 807-821 The role of funding agencies in the cognitive development of science
by Braun, Dietmar
- 823-833 The norms of entrepreneurial science: cognitive effects of the new university-industry linkages
by Etzkowitz, Henry
- 835-851 Science-based technologies: university-industry interactions in four fields
by Meyer-Krahmer, Frieder & Schmoch, Ulrich
- 853-868 Experimental implementation as a linking mechanism in the process of innovation
by van den Daele, Wolfgang & Krohn, Wolfgang
- 869-879 Science and the media
by Weingart, Peter
November 1998, Volume 27, Issue 7
September 1998, Volume 27, Issue 6
September 1998, Volume 27, Issue 5
- 445-463 Does technological convergence imply convergence in markets? Evidence from the electronics industry
by Gambardella, Alfonso & Torrisi, Salvatore
- 465-489 Towards a theory of the technology-based firm1
by Granstrand, Ove
- 491-506 The entry mode choice of MNEs: an evolutionary approach
by Mutinelli, Marco & Piscitello, Lucia
- 507-523 Technological overlap and interfirm cooperation: implications for the resource-based view of the firm
by Mowery, David C. & Oxley, Joanne E. & Silverman, Brian S.
- 525-540 Do firms in clusters innovate more?
by Baptista, Rui & Swann, Peter
- 541-558 Patterns of internationalization of Spanish innovatory firms
by Molero, Jose
August 1998, Volume 27, Issue 4
July 1998, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 237-253 'Knowledge management practices' and path-dependency in innovation
by Coombs, Rod & Hull, Richard
- 255-271 A comparison of networks between industry and public sector research in materials technology and biotechnology
by Peters, Lois & Groenewegen, Peter & Fiebelkorn, Nico
- 273-284 The benefits and costs of strong patent protection: a contribution to the current debate
by Mazzoleni, Roberto & Nelson, Richard R.
- 285-300 Assessment of Flemish R&D in the field of information technology: A bibliometric evaluation based on publication and patent data, combined with OECD research input statistics
by Noyons, E. C. M. & Luwel, M. & Moed, H. F.
- 301-314 Domestic and international product-embodied R&D diffusion
by Papaconstantinou, G. & Sakurai, N. & Wyckoff, A.
- 315-332 Modes of experimentation: an innovation process--and competitive--variable
by Thomke, Stefan & von Hippel, Eric & Franke, Roland
June 1998, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 111-126 Optimal scale for research and development in foreign environments--an investigation into size and performance of research and development laboratories abroad
by Kuemmerle, Walter
- 127-141 What percentage of innovations are patented? empirical estimates for European firms
by Arundel, Anthony & Kabla, Isabelle
- 143-158 The occupational dynamics of recent Canadian engineering graduates inside and outside the bounds of technology
by Lavoie, Marie & Finnie, Ross
- 159-175 Managing innovation: The pursuit of competitive advantage and the design of innovation intense environments
by Roberts, Rhonda
- 177-185 Partnerships in transition economies: international strategic technology alliances in Russia
by Hagedoorn, John & Sedaitis, Judith B.
- 187-213 Fiscal incentives to consumer innovation: the use of unleaded petrol in Europe
by Stoneman, Paul & Battisti, Giuliana
- 215-228 Technology acquisition, de-regulation and competitiveness: a study of Indian automobile industry
by Narayanan, K.
May 1998, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 1-15 Industrial research as a source of important patents
by Ernst, Holger
- 17-35 The evolution of technological capabilities in the multinational corporation--dispersion, duplication and potential advantages from multinationality
by Zander, Ivo
- 37-54 A dynamic analysis of the relations between the structure and the process of National Systems of Innovation using computer simulation; the case of the Dutch biotechnological sector
by Janszen, Felix H. A. & Degenaars, Grada H.
- 55-74 Simulation, learning and R&D performance: Evidence from automotive development
by Thomke, Stefan H.
- 75-93 The nature of long-run technological change: innovation, evolution and technological systems
by Leoncini, Riccardo
- 95-107 Comparative analysis of a set of bibliometric indicators and central peer review criteria: Evaluation of condensed matter physics in the Netherlands
by Rinia, E. J. & van Leeuwen, Th. N. & van Vuren, H. G. & van Raan, A. F. J.
April 1998, Volume 26, Issue 9
- 933-946 New technology-based firms in the European union: an introduction
by Storey, D. J. & Tether, B. S.
- 947-971 Smaller firms and Europe's high technology sectors: a framework for analysis and some statistical evidence
by Tether, B. S. & Storey, D. J.
- 973-987 New, technology-based firms in small open economies--An analysis based on the Finnish experience
by Autio, Erkko & Yli-Renko, Helena
- 989-1003 NTBFs--the French case
by Delapierre, Michel & Madeuf, Bernadette & Savoy, Arlene
- 1005-1022 New technology-based firms in Germany: a survey of the recent evidence
by Licht, Georg & Nerlinger, Eric
- 1023-1036 Creative adaptation: the role of new technology based firms in Portugal
by Laranja, Manuel & Fontes, Margarida
- 1037-1057 Public policy measures to support new technology-based firms in the European Union
by Storey, D. J. & Tether, B. S.
April 1998, Volume 26, Issue 7-8
- 719-732 The drivers of cooperation between buyers and suppliers for product innovation
by Bidault, Francis & Despres, Charles & Butler, Christina
- 733-751 Location of innovating activities, industrial structure and techno-industrial clusters in the French economy, 1985-1990. Evidence from US patenting
by Bergeron, Sophie & Lallich, Stephane & Le Bas, Christian
- 753-771 The influence of local search and performance heuristics on new design introduction in a new product market
by Martin, Xavier & Mitchell, Will
- 773-776 Academic research and industrial innovation: An update of empirical findings1
by Mansfield, Edwin
- 777-790 Does sticky information affect the locus of innovation? Evidence from the Japanese convenience-store industry
by Ogawa, Susumu
- 791-809 Quantitative assessment of large heterogeneous R&D networks: the case of process engineering in the Netherlands1
by Tijssen, Robert J. W.
- 811-827 International diffusion of a new tool: the case of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) in the retailing sector
by Jimenez-Martinez, Julio & Polo-Redondo, Yolanda
- 829-841 Innovation and export behaviour at the firm level
by Wakelin, Katharine
- 843-856 On the dynamics of appropriability, of tacit and of codified knowledge
by Saviotti, Pier Paolo
- 857-881 Innovation systems and technological specialization in Latin America and the Caribbean
by Alcorta, Ludovico & Peres, Wilson
- 883-895 Combining technology and corporate strategy in small high tech firms
by Berry, Maureen M. J. & Taggart, James H.
February 1998, Volume 26, Issue 6
- 605-624 Modeling systems of innovation: An enterprise-centered view
by Padmore, Tim & Schuetze, Hans & Gibson, Hervey
- 625-641 Modelling systems of innovation: II. A framework for industrial cluster analysis in regions
by Padmore, Tim & Gibson, Hervey
- 643-659 Towards knowledge-based product development: the 3-D CAD model of knowledge creation
by Baba, Yasunori & Nobeoka, Kentaro
- 661-675 Improving the effectiveness of public-private R&D collaboration: case studies at a US weapons laboratory
by Ham, Rose Marie & Mowery, David C.
- 677-687 Determinants of university participation in EU-funded R & D cooperative projects
by Geuna, Aldo
- 689-710 Product complexity, innovation and industrial organisation
by Hobday, Mike
- 711-718 Institutions and the map of science: matching university departments and fields of research
by Bourke, Paul & Butler, Linda
December 1997, Volume 26, Issue 4-5
- 391-403 Patents, licensing, and market structure in the chemical industry
by Arora, Ashish
- 405-428 Learning and path-dependence in the diffusion of innovations: comparative evidence on numerically controlled machine tools
by Mazzoleni, Roberto
- 429-446 Present at the biotechnological revolution: transformation of technological identity for a large incumbent pharmaceutical firm
by Zucker, Lynne G. & Darby, Michael R.
- 447-473 Evaluating government-sponsored R&D consortia in Japan: who benefits and how?
by Sakakibara, Mariko
- 475-491 Regional innovation systems: Institutional and organisational dimensions
by Cooke, Philip & Gomez Uranga, Mikel & Etxebarria, Goio
- 493-507 Why has Britain had slower R&D growth?
by Van Reenen, John
- 521-536 Nature and impact of innovation in manufacturing industry: some evidence from the Italian innovation survey
by Evangelista, Rinaldo & Perani, Giulio & Rapiti, Fabio & Archibugi, Daniele
- 537-556 Innovation in services
by Gallouj, Faiz & Weinstein, Olivier
- 557-576 On the organisation of agricultural research in the United Kingdom, 1945-1994: A quantitative description and appraisal of recent reforms
by Thirtle, Colin & Palladino, Paolo & Piesse, Jenifer
- 577-595 Research joint ventures in the US
by Vonortas, Nicholas S.
- 597-598 The technology of transition: Science and technology policies for transition countries, Budapest : Dyker, David A. (ed.): Central European University Press, 1997
by Bross, Ulrike
- 600-601 The development factory: Unlocking the potential of process innovation : G.F. Pisano. Publication date: 4/11/96, Price: $35 hard cover, Length: 368 pages, ISBN: 0-87584-650-5, Publisher: Harvard Business School Press, Boston, Mass. USA
by Bessant, John
- 602-603 Technology and Industrial Development in Japan: Building Capabilities by Learning, Innovation, and Public Policy : Hiroyuki Odagiri and Akira Goto
by Belderbos, ReneA.
October 1997, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 263-281 New, technology-based firms in innovation networks symplectic and generative impacts
by Autio, E.
- 283-301 Determinants of patent rights: A cross-national study
by Ginarte, Juan C. & Park, Walter G.
- 303-315 Internal R & D expenditures and external technology sourcing
by Veugelers, Reinhilde
- 317-330 The increasing linkage between U.S. technology and public science
by Narin, Francis & Hamilton, Kimberly S. & Olivastro, Dominic
- 331-344 Growth and inventiveness in technology-based spin-off firms
by Dahlstrand, Asa Lindholm
- 345-365 From technological potential to product performance: an empirical analysis
by Iansiti, Marco
- 367-385 Which way to go? Defence technology and the diversity of 'dual-use' technology transfer
by Molas-Gallart, Jordi
- 387-388 The geography of innovation : by Maryann P. Feldman, Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, 1994, 154 pp., ISBN 0-7923-2698-9. Innovation, Networks and Learning Regions? James Simmie (ed.), Jessica Kingsley, London, 1997, 250 pp., ISBN 1-85302-402-3
by Senker, Jacqueline
- 388-389 Communication by design: The politics of information and communication technologies : R. Mansell and R. Silverstone (eds.), Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1996, 278 pp
by Wyatt, Sally
- 389-390 Technological infrastructure policy: An international perspective : M. Teubal, D. Foray, M. Justman and E. Zuscovitch (eds.), Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, xvi + 372 pp., ISBN 0-7923-3835-9
by Radosevic, Slavo
May 1997, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 141-156 The technological competencies of the world's largest firms: Complex and path-dependent, but not much variety
by Patel, Pari & Pavitt, Keith
- 157-168 Policy for science for policy: A commentary on Lambright on ozone depletion and acid rain
by Pielke, Roger Jr. & Betsill, Michele M.
- 169-189 Managing large-scale technology and inter-organizational relations: The case of the Channel Tunnel
by Genus, Audley
- 191-207 Research consortia as a vehicle for basic research: The case of a fifth generation computer project in Japan
by Odagiri, Hiroyuki & Nakamura, Yoshiaki & Shibuya, Minoru
- 209-227 Technological diversification in the multinational corporation--historical evolution and future prospects
by Zander, Ivo
- 229-255 From market magic to calypso science policy a review of Terence Kealey's The economic laws of scientific research
by David, P. A.
- 257-258 Technological innovation and network evolution : Anders Lundgren, (Routledge, London and New York, 1995) xiv + 266 pp., ISBN 0-415-08219-6
by Sloth Andersen, Esben
- 258-260 Coping with trouble: How science reacts to political disturbances of research conditions : Uwe Schimank and Andreas Stucke (Editors), (Campus Verlag, Frankfurt/St. Martin's Press, New York, 1994), 404 pp., ISBN 3-593-35020-3, Campus Verlag; ISBN 0-312-12240-3, St. Martin's Press
by Irwin, Alan
- 260-261 Information and communication technologies. Vision and realities : by William H. Dutton (Ed.), Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1996, 464 pp. + xx
by Antonelli, Cristiano
March 1997, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-18 What is research collaboration?
by Katz, J. Sylvan & Martin, Ben R.
- 19-32 Smaller enterprises and innovation in the UK: the SPRU innovations database revisited
by Tether, B. S. & Smith, I. J. & Thwaites, A. T.
- 33-48 How persistently do firms innovate?
by Geroski, P. A. & Van Reenen, J. & Walters, C. F.
- 49-66 Getting round the lock-in in electricity generating systems: the example of the gas turbine
by Islas, Jorge
- 67-84 Multi-mode interaction among technologies
by Pistorius, C. W. I. & Utterback, J. M.
- 85-103 The globalization of R&D: Results of a survey of foreign-affiliated R&D laboratories in the USA
by Florida, Richard