July 1995, Volume 24, Issue 4
- 521-542 Technology integration: Managing technological evolution in a complex environment
by Iansiti, Marco
- 543-562 Innovation, networks, and vertical integration
by Robertson, Paul L. & Langlois, Richard N.
- 563-581 National priorities in academic research-strategic research and contracts in renewable energies
by Dalpe, Robert & Anderson, Frances
- 583-607 A framework for model and product family competition
by Uzumeri, Mustafa & Sanderson, Susan
- 609-630 External partnering as a response to innovation barriers and global competition in biotechnology
by Greis, Noel P. & Dibner, Mark D. & Bean, Alden S.
- 631-643 Of life cycles real and imaginary: The unexpectedly long old age of optical lithography
by Henderson, Rebecca
- 645-663 Patenting of recombinant proteins: An analysis of tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA) in Europe, The United States and Japan
by Thomas, Sandra M. & Kimura, Keiko & Burke, Julian F.
- 665-666 Technology policy and America's future : Steven M. Irwin, (St. Martin's Press, New York, 1993) 229 pp., Price $39.95, ISBN 0-312-09961-4
by Chakrabarti, A. K.
- 667-667 Empowering technology: implementing a US strategy : Lewis M. Branscomb (Editor), (MIT Press, 1993), 294 pp., [UK pound]33.75, ISBN 0 262 02366 0
by Gibbons, Michael
May 1995, Volume 24, Issue 3
- 325-348 Collaborative, pre-competitive R&D and the firm
by Quintas, Paul & Guy, Ken
- 349-365 The impacts of research field evaluations on research practice
by Luukkonen, Terttu
- 367-389 Discouraging opportunistic behavior in collaborative R & D: A new role for government
by Tripsas, Mary & Schrader, Stephan & Sobrero, Maurizio
- 391-401 Small firms' innovation in two technological settings
by Lee, Jangwoo
- 403-417 Do subsidies to cooperative R & D actually stimulate R & D investment and cooperation?
by Folster, Stefan
- 419-440 The role of product architecture in the manufacturing firm
by Ulrich, Karl
- 441-458 Technological competition, strategies of the firms and the choice of the first users: the case of road guidance technologies
by Mangematin, V. & Callon, M.
- 459-471 Analysis of biomedical research in Spain
by Gomez, I. & Fernandez, M. T. & Zulueta, M. A. & Cami, J.
- 473-486 The Japanese software industry: the 'hub structure' approach
by Baba, Yasunori & Takai, Shinji & Mizuta, Yuji
- 487-488 The globalisation of production and technology : J. Howells and M. Wood, (Belhaven Press, London, 1993), 192 pp., [UK pound]39.50, ISBN 1 85293 285 6
by Patel, Pari
March 1995, Volume 24, Issue 2
- 169-184 Going global: The use of ICT networks in research and development
by Howells, Jeremy R.
- 185-205 On the sources and significance of interindustry differences in technological opportunities
by Klevorick, Alvin K. & Levin, Richard C. & Nelson, Richard R. & Winter, Sidney G.
- 207-231 Strategic technology partnering during the 1980s: Trends, networks and corporate patterns in non-core technologies
by Hagedoorn, John
- 233-257 Explaining the attacker's advantage: Technological paradigms, organizational dynamics, and the value network
by Christensen, Clayton M. & Rosenbloom, Richard S.
- 259-281 Technological infrastructure policy (TIP): Creating capabilities and building markets
by Justman, Moshe & Teubal, Morris
- 283-299 Have UK venture capitalists a bias against investment in new technology-based firms?
by Murray, Gordon C. & Lott, Jonathan
- 301-316 R&D consortia in the United States and Japan
by Aldrich, Howard E. & Sasaki, Toshihiro
- 317-318 Applications of decision-aiding software : Stuart S. Nagel (Editor), (McMillan, London, 1992), 303 pp., [UK pound]47.50, ISBN 0-333-55659-3
by Freeman, A.
- 318-320 Rhetoric, innovation, technology: Case studies of technical communication in technology transfer : Stephen Doheny-Farina, (The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1992), 279 pp, ISBN 0-262-04129-4
by Molina, Alfonso H.
- 320-320 National Systems of innovation: Towards a theory of innovation and interactive learning : Bengt-Ake Lundvall (Editor), (Pinter, London, 1992) pp. 317, [UK pound]45 (hardbook) ISBN 1-85567-063-1
by Pavitt, Keith
- 320-322 The technological specialization of advanced countries; A report to the EEC on international science and technology activities : Daniele Archibugi and Mario Pianta, (Kluwer, Dordrecht, Netherlands, 1992) xvi + 164 pp. [UK pound]48.00, ISBN 0792317505
by Andersen, Hanne Birgitte
January 1995, Volume 24, Issue 1
- 1-12 How learning by doing is done: problem identification in novel process equipment
by von Hippel, Eric & Tyre, Marcie J.
- 13-49 Government, globalisation, and universities in Japanese biotechnology
by Fransman, Martin & Tanaka, Shoko
- 51-76 The hypercube of innovation
by Afuah, Allan N. & Bahram, Nik
- 77-95 Cooperation and entry induction as an extension of technological rivalry
by Kogut, Bruce & Walker, Gordon & Kim, Dong-Jae
- 97-114 Building bridges for innovation: the role of consultants in technology transfer
by Bessant, John & Rush, Howard
- 115-126 Models of priority-setting for public sector research
by Stewart, Jenny
- 127-136 Educational statistics as an indicator of technological activity
by Jacobsson, Staffan & Oskarsson, Christer
- 137-150 Scientists at major and minor universities: mobility along the prestige continuum
by Debackere, Koenraad & Rappa, Michael A.
- 151-168 Technological regimes and innovation in services: the case of the Italian banking industry
by Buzzacchi, Luigi & Colombo, Massimo G. & Mariotti, Sergio
November 1994, Volume 23, Issue 6
- 613-626 Complex technology and community: implications for policy and social science
by Rycroft, Robert W. & Kash, Don E.
- 627-635 Markets and organizations as coherent systems of innovation
by Amendola, Mario & Gaffard, Jean-Luc
- 637-652 Learning by trying: the implementation of configurational technology
by Fleck, James
- 653-659 Managerial efficiency and the Schumpeterian link between size, market structure and innovation revisited
by Bughin, J. & Jacques, J. M.
- 661-672 Compulsory licensing with capital payments as an alternative to grants of monopoly in intellectual property
by Kingston, William
- 673-695 Making sense of diversity: public-private sector research linkage in three technologies
by Faulkner, Wendy & Senker, Jacqueline
- 697-711 Cooperative research in a newly industrialized country: Taiwan
by Wang, Jiann-Chyuan
- 713-726 Distribution of growth rates in highly successful Swedish technical innovations
by McQueen, Douglas H.
September 1994, Volume 23, Issue 5
- 1-1 Introduction : In honor of Nathan Rosenberg
by Mowery, D. C. & Nelson, R. R. & Steinmueller, W. E.
- 477-486 The relationship between science and technology
by Brooks, Harvey
- 487-521 Toward a new economics of science
by Partha, Dasgupta & David, Paul A.
- 523-532 The changing technology of technological change: general and abstract knowledge and the division of innovative labour
by Arora, Ashish & Gambardella, Alfonso
- 533-545 The continuing, widespread (and neglected) importance of improvements in mechanical technologies
by Patel, Parimal & Pavitt, Keith
- 547-559 The big picture: how (and when and why) the West grew rich
by Engerman, Stanley L.
- 561-574 Cardwell's Law and the political economy of technological progress
by Mokyr, Joel
- 575-582 Variation--selection in the innovation of the retractable airplane landing gear: the Northrop 'anomaly'
by Vincenti, Walter G.
- 583-599 Economic growth and the chemical industry
by Landau, Ralph
- 601-612 Learning and technical progress in the commuter aircraft industry: an analysis of Embraer's experience
by Frischtak, Claudio R.
July 1994, Volume 23, Issue 4
- 357-374 National research systems and change: the reaction of the British and German research systems to the discovery of High-Tc superconductors
by Jansen, Dorothea
- 375-384 Japanese corporations, scientific research and globalization
by Hicks, D. & Ishizuka, T. & Keen, P. & Sweet, S.
- 385-394 Cooperative and competitive behaviors during the process of creative destruction
by Garud, Raghu
- 395-412 An empirical study of hybrid forms of governance structure: the case of the telecommunication equipment industry
by Garrette, Bernard & Quelin, Bertrand
- 413-424 Basic research inside the firm: Lessons from an in-depth case study
by Quere, Michel
- 425-441 Institutional variations in problem choice and persistence among scientists in an emerging field
by Debackere, Koenraad & Rappa, Michael A.
- 443-457 Exploring the science and technology interface: inventor-author relations in laser medicine research
by Noyons, E. C. M. & van Raan, A. F. J. & Grupp, H. & Schmoch, U.
- 459-469 Incentives to innovate and the sources of innovation: the case of scientific instruments
by Riggs, William & von Hippel, Eric
- 471-472 Medical innovations in historical perspective : John V. Pickstin (ed.) (Macmillan, London, 1992) pp. 288, [UK pound]40. ISBN 0 333 55619 4
by Blume, S.
- 472-473 The economics of hope: Essays on technical change, economic growth and the environment : Christopher Freeman (Pinter publishers, London/New York) pp. 249, ISBN: 1-85567-083-6
by Heaton, George Jr.
- 473-475 Technology and the economy -- the key relationships : (Organisation for economic co-operation and development, Paris, 1992) pp. 328, 260 FF
by Walsh, Vivien
May 1994, Volume 23, Issue 3
- 235-248 Technological systems and economic policy: the diffusion of factory automation in Sweden
by Carlsson, Bo & Jacobsson, Staffan
- 249-265 How do rivals compete: strategy, technology and tactics
by Birnbaum-More, Philip H. & Weiss, Andrew R. & Wright, Russell W.
- 267-280 Information and innovation: a comprehensive representation
by Daghfous, Abdelkader & White, George R.
- 281-292 Technometric evaluation and technology policy: the case of biodiagnostic kits in Israel
by Frenkel, Amnon & Reiss, Thomas & Maital, Shlomo & Koschatzky, Knut & Grupp, Hariolf
- 293-304 Technological convergence and scope of organizational innovation
by Harianto, Farid & Pennings, Johannes M.
- 305-322 The organization and geography of Japanese R&D: results from a survey of Japanese electronics and biotechnology firms
by Kenney, Martin & Florida, Richard
- 323-348 American universities and technical advance in industry
by Rosenberg, Nathan & Nelson, Richard R.
- 349-350 Program Evaluation Kit : Joan L. Herman (Editor), (2nd Ed.), (Sage Publications, Newbury Park, CA, 1987), 9 volumes, 1248 pp., [UK pound]62, ISBN 8039-3166-2
by Senker, J. M.
- 350-352 Research and technology in the former German Democratic Republic : Raymond Bentley, (West-view Press, Boulder, CO) 234 pp. $29.95, ISBN 0-8133-8400-1
by Albrecht, Edo
- 352-353 Technology transfer and Scandinavian industrialisation : Kristine Bruland (Editor), (Berg, New York/Oxford, 1991) xiv + 409 pp., [UK pound]40.00, ISBN 0-85496-605-6
by von Tunzelmann, G. N.
- 353-354 The diffusion of advanced telecommunications in developing countries : Christiano Antonelli, (OECD Development Centre Studies, Paris, 1991), Fr79.00, 112 pp., ISBN 92-64-13578-2
by Hobday, Mike
March 1994, Volume 23, Issue 2
- 113-121 The future of the Soviet science
by Kontorovich, Vladimir
- 123-132 The survival of the gatekeeper
by Macdonald, Stuart & Williams, Christine
- 133-141 Measuring national technological performance with patent claims data
by Tong, Xuesong & Frame, J. Davidson
- 143-174 Fragmented standards and the development of Japan's microcomputer software industry
by Cottrell, Tom
- 175-193 The measurement of technical performance of innovations by technometrics and its impact on established technology indicators
by Grupp, Hariolf
- 195-215 Linking international technology transfer with strategy and management: a literature commentary
by Cusumano, Michael A. & Elenkov, Detelin
- 217-229 Tracking areas of strategic importance using scientometric journal mappings
by Leydesdorff, Loet & Cozzens, Susan & Van den Besselaar, Peter
- 231-232 Forecasting for technologists and engineers: a practical guide for better decisions : Brian C. Twiss, (Peter Peregrines (on behalf of the Institution of Electrical Engineers), London, 1992) xv, 221 pp., [UK pound] 19.00, ISBN 0 86341 285 8
by Whiston, Thomas G.
- 232-233 The diffusion of advanced telecommunications in developing countries : Cristiano Antonelli, (OECD, Paris, 1992) 111 pp., price FF 79, ISBN 92-64-13578-2
by Samarajiva, Rohan
- 233-234 The economics of information networks : Cristiano Antonelli (editor). Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1992. 468 pp. ISBN 0444 886427
by Swann, Peter
January 1994, Volume 23, Issue 1
- 1-26 A patent-based cartography of technology
by Engelsman, E. C. & van Raan, A. F. J.
- 27-46 Global R & D networks and large-scale innovations: The case of the automobile industry
by Miller, Roger
- 47-66 Contingencies of innovative networks: A case study of successful interfirm R & D collaboration
by Hausler, Jurgen & Hohn, Hans-Willy & Lutz, Susanne
- 67-88 Multinational enterprises and the globalization of innovatory capacity
by Dunning, John H.
- 89-102 The commercialization of RISC: Strategies for the creation of dominant designs
by Khazam, Jonathan & Mowery, David
- 103-104 Technology and economic development: the dynamics of local, regional and national change: E. Malecki, (Longman, London, 1991) pp. XV + 495, ISBN 0-582-01758-0
by Cooke, Philip
- 104-106 Technology and the future of Europe--global competition and the environment in the 1990s: Christopher Freeman, Margaret Sharp and William Walker (editors).(Pinter Publishers, London, 1991), pp. XVIII and 424, [UK pound]45.00, ISBN 0 861 87075 1
by Grupp, Hariolf
- 106-107 Women in science: Token women or gender equality: Veronica Stolte-Heiskanen (editor)(Berg Publishers, Oxford/New York, 1991) pp. 256, ISBN 0 85496 742 7
by Henwood, Flis
- 108-108 Technology and national competitiveness: Jorge Niosi (editor), (Mc-Gill--Queens University Press, Montreal and Kingston, 1991) 281 pp., ISBN 0-7735-0827-9
by Geroski, Paul A.
- 108-108 Electrifying America: Social meanings of a new technology, 1880-1940: David E. Nye, (MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1990) 391 pp. + 88 pp [UK pound]26.95, ISBN 0 262 14048 9
by Freeman, Chris
- 108-111 The long wave in the world economy: the current crisis in historical perspective: Andrew Tylecote, (Routledge, London, 1992) 294 pp. + 44 pp [UK pound]45.00, ISBN 0 415 03690 9
by Freeman, Chris
November 1993, Volume 22, Issue 5-6
- 373-396 Foreign research and development in Swedish multinationals
by Hakanson, Lars & Nobel, Robert
- 397-411 Determinants of foreign R&D in Swedish multinationals
by Hakanson, Lars & Nobel, Robert
- 413-430 Internationalization of R&D -- a survey of some recent research
by Granstrand, Ove & Hakanson, Lars & Sjolander, Soren
- 431-453 Technological learning and entrepreneurial behaviour: A taxonomy of the chemical industry in Venezuela
by Pirela, Arnoldo & Rengifo, Rafael & Mercado, Alexis & Arvanitis, Rigas
- 455-462 On high tech snobbery
by van Hulst, Noe & Olds, Beverly
- 463-478 The battle for biotechnology: Scientific and technological paradigms and the management of biotechnology in Britain in the 1980s
by Balmer, Brian & Sharp, Margaret
- 479-506 In search of insights into the generation of techno-economic trends: Micro- and macro-constituencies in the microprocessor industry
by Molina, Alfonso H.
- 507-519 Funding for innovation in small firms: The role of government
by Moore, Ian & Garnsey, Elizabeth
- 521-536 New technology adoption in US telecommunications: The role of competitive pressures and firm-level inducements
by Majumdar, Sumit K. & Venkataraman, S.
- 537-552 Lessons from an economy with limited market functions: R&D in Hungary in the 1980s
by Balazs, K.
- 553-553 John von Neumann and the origins of modern computing : William Aspray, (the MIT Press, Cambridge, MA/London, 1990) pp. 376, $47.25 in Europe, ISBN: 0-262-01121-2
by Kwa, Chunglin
- 554-555 Networks machines and portfolios: Technology decision-making in large corporations : Jose Allouche and Gerard Pogorel, (Franco Angeli, Milano, 1990) pp. 154, US $15
by Antonelli, Cristiano
- 555-557 Science technology and free trade : J. De L. Motte and L.M. Ducharme (Editors), (Francis Pinter, London, 1990) pp. 156 + ix, [UK pound]37.50, ISBN 0-861-87728-4
by Antonelli, C.
August 1993, Volume 22, Issue 4
- 279-308 The dynamics of technological innovation: The sector of antibacterial medicines
by Achilladelis, Basil
- 309-325 Patterns of collaborative innovation in the US telecommunications industry after divestiture
by Zanfei, Antonello
- 327-336 Government's research policy and economic growth: Capital, knowledge and economic
by Zhang, Wei-Bin
- 337-351 Estimating the impact of the R&D tax credit on strategic groups in the pharmaceutical industry
by McCutchen, William Jr.
- 353-368 A bibliometric analysis of six economics research groups: A comparison with peer review
by Nederhof, A. J. & van Raan, A. F. J.
- 369-370 Scientists in the third world : Jacques Gaillard, (The University Press of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, 1991) 190 pp
by Velho, Lea
- 370-372 Unavoidable industrial restructuring in Latin America : Fernando Fajnzelber, (Duke University Press, Durham and London, 1990), pp. xvi + 207, US$25
by Antonelli, Cristiano
June 1993, Volume 22, Issue 3
- 181-194 Adaptability and product development in the Danish plastics industry
by Hansen, Povl A. & Serin, Goran
- 207-241 Research and development,human capital and trade performance in technology-intensive manufactures: A cross-country analysis
by Daniels, Peter
- 243-264 Assessing the performance of European collaborative R&D policy: The case of Eureka
by Peterson, John
- 265-278 Multinational companies and technological change: Basic traits and taxonomy of the behaviour of German industrial companies in Spain
by Molero, Jose & Buesa, Mikel
April 1993, Volume 22, Issue 2
- 99-99 Introductory note
by Bean, A. S. & Callon, M. & Coenen, R. & Freeman, C. & Meyer-Krahmer, F. & Pavitt, K. L. R. & Roessner, D. & Utterback, J. M.
- 101-101 Government influence on the process of innovation in Europe and Japan
by Allen, T. J.
- 101-102 Interactive innovation in financial and business services: The vanguard of the service revolution
by Barras, Richard
- 102-102 Innovation: Mapping the winds of creative destruction
by Abernathy, William J. & Clark, Kim B.
- 102-103 Technological paradigms and technological trajectories : A suggested interpretation of the determinants and directions of technical change
by Dosi, Giovanni
- 103-103 A technology gap approach to why rates differ
by Fagerberg, Jan
- 103-103 The roles of science in technological innovation
by Gibbons, Michael & Johnston, Ron
- 103-104 The dominant role of users in the scientific instrument innovation process
by von Hippel, Eric
- 104-104 Technological innovation in a corporatist state: The case of biotechnology in the Federal Republic of Germany
by Jasanoff, Sheila
- 104-105 Government policy and technical choice in the West German reactor programme
by Keck, Otto
- 105-105 Stages of development of industrial tecnology in a developing country: A model
- 105-105 The diffusion of industrial robots in Japan and the United States
by Mansfield, Edwin
- 106-106 Assessing basic research : Some partial indicators of scientific progress in radio astronomy
by Martin, Ben R. & Irvine, John
- 106-107 Evaluations of innovation programmes in selected European countries
by Meye-Krahmer, Frieder & Montigny, Philippe
- 107-108 The influence of market demand upon innovation: A critical review of some recent empirical studies
by Mowery, David & Rosenberg, Nathan
- 108-108 Patents as indicators of corporate technological strength
by Narin, Francis & Noma, Elliot & Perry, Ross
- 108-108 In search of useful theory of innovation
by Nelson, Richard R. & Winter, Sidney G.
- 108-109 The consequences of dissent: sociological reflections on the controversy of the low dose effects
by Nowotny, Helga
- 109-109 Centres of decision in French science policy: The contrasting influences of scientific experts and administrators
by Papon, P.
- 109-110 A study of technical innovation in Polish industry
by Poznanski, K.
- 110-110 SAPPHO updated -- project SAPPHO phase II
by Rothwell, R. & Freeman, C. & Horsley, A. & Jervis, V. T. P. & Robertson, A. B. & Townsend, J.
- 110-111 Technological guideposts and innovation avenues
by Sahal, Devendra
- 111-111 Inter-industry technology flows in the United States
by Scherer, F. M.
- 111-112 The innovative activities of researchers in Italian industry
by Sirilli, Giorgio
- 112-112 The science/technology relationship, the craft of experimental science, and policy for the improvement of high technology innovation
by de Solla Price, Derek
- 112-112 Japanese-style evaluation systems for R&D projects: The MITI experience
by Tanaka, Masami
- 112-113 Profiting from technological innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy
by Teece, David J.
- 113-113 Analysis of R&D failure
by Spiller, Pablo T. & Teubal, Morris
- 113-113 Technology and industrial innovation in Sweden: A study of technology-based firms formed between 1965 and 1980
by Utterback, James M. & Meyer, Marc & Roberts, Edward & Reitberger, Goran
- 114-115 Government policies towards industrial innovation: a review
by Pavitt, K. & Walker, W.
- 115-116 Invention and innovation in the chemical industry: demand-pull or discovery-push?
by Walsh, Vivien
- 116-116 The rhetoric of consensus politics: a critical review of technology assessment
by Wynne, Brian
February 1993, Volume 22, Issue 1
- 1-21 Innovation, competition, and industry structure
by Utterback, James M. & Suarez, Fernando F.
- 23-45 Co-word-based science maps of chemical engineering. Part I: Representations by direct multidimensional scaling
by Peters, H. P. F. & van Raan, A. F. J.
- 47-71 Co-word-based science maps of chemical engineering. Part II: Representations by combined clustering and multidimensional scaling
by Peters, H. P. F. & van Raan, A. F. J.
- 73-80 Estimating demand for SDI-related spin-off technologies
by Gottinger, Hans W.
- 81-95 Innovation and learning during implementation: a comparison of user and manufacturer innovations
by Slaughter, Sarah
December 1992, Volume 21, Issue 6
- 481-505 Trends in the substitution of production factors to technology--empirical analysis of the inducing impact of the energy crisis on Japanese industrial
by Watanabe, Chihiro
- 507-511 Top managers education and R&D investment
by Scherer, F. M. & Huh, Keun
- 513-532 High temperature superconductivity research in the USSR
by Berry, M. J.
- 533-552 The effect of network structure in industrial diffusion processes
by Midgley, David F. & Morrison, Pamela D. & Roberts, John H.
- 554-555 Viewing the Earth: the social construction of the Landsat Satellite System : Pamela E. Mack, (MIT press, Cambridge, MA, 1990) 270 pp., $27.50
by Logsdon, John M.
- 555-557 Technology & investment: Critical issues for the 1990's : Enrico Deiaco, Erik Hornell and Graham Vickery (eds.) (Pinter, London, 1990) ix + 232 pp
by Maital, Shlomo
- 557-558 Entrepreneurs in high technology: Lessons from MIT and beyond : Roberts, E. (Oxford University Press, New York, 1991) 385 pp., $27.95
by Dodgson, Mark
October 1992, Volume 21, Issue 5
- 391-407 Competitive advantages from in-house scientific research: The US pharmaceutical industry in the 1980s
by Gambardella, Alfonso
- 409-421 Institutional relationships and technology commercialization: Limitations of market based policy
by Aram, John D. & Lynn, Leonard H. & Reddy, N. Mohan
- 423-436 The German R & D system in transition: Empirical results and prospects of future development
by Meyer-Krahmer, Frieder
- 437-452 Technology policy for industrialization: An integrative framework and Korea's experience
by Kim, Linsu & Dahlman, Carl J.
- 453-480 Shifting economies: From craft production to flexible systems and software factories
by Cusumano, Michael A.
August 1992, Volume 21, Issue 4
- 297-313 Networks and innovation in a modular system: Lessons from the microcomputer and stereo component industries
by Langlois, Richard N. & Robertson, Paul L.
- 315-333 Explaining downstream innovation by commodity suppliers with expected innovation benefit
by VanderWerf, Pieter A.
- 335-345 Private and quasi-social rates of return on pharmaceutical R&D in Japan
by Odagiri, Hiroyuki & Murakami, Naoki
- 347-360 Why do firms cooperate on R&D? an empirical study
by Kleinknecht, Alfred & Reijnen, Jeroen O. N.
- 361-380 Dual technological trees: Assessing the intensity and strategic significance of technological change
by Durand, Thomas
- 381-390 Scientific instrumentation and university research
by Rosenberg, Nathan
June 1992, Volume 21, Issue 3
- 197-213 Origins of Japanese industrial research: Prewar government policy and in-house research at Mitsubishi Nagasaki Shipyard
by Fukasaku, Yukiko
- 215-236 The management and evaluation of technological programs and the dynamics of techno-economic networks: The case of the AFME
by Callon, M. & Laredo, P. & Rabeharisoa, V. & Gonard, T. & Leray, T.
- 237-249 Status report: Linkage between technology and science
by Narin, Francis & Olivastro, Dominic
- 251-263 The public sector as first user of innovations
by Dalpe, Robert & DeBresson, Chris & Xiaoping, Hu
- 265-293 Strategy, structure and performance in product development: Observations from the auto industry
by Cusumano, Michael A. & Nobeoka, Kentaro
- 295-296 Academic research and industrial innovation: A further note
by Mansfield, Edwin
April 1992, Volume 21, Issue 2
- 97-124 Choices in R&D and business portfolio in the electronics industry: What the bibliometric data show
by Frumau, Coen C. F.
- 125-144 The U.S. national innovation system: Origins and prospects for change
by Mowery, David C.
- 145-161 The Southern Californian medical device industry: Innovation, new firm formation, and location
by de Vet, Jan Maarten & Scott, Allen J.
- 163-190 Leading companies and networks of strategic alliances in information technologies
by Hagedoorn, John & Schakenraad, Jos
- 191-192 Artificial experts: Social knowledge and intelligent machines : H. Collins (MIT Press, London, 1990) pp. 266, [UK pound]17.95, ISBN 262 031 68X
by Sharples, Mike
- 192-192 The spatial context of technological development : Riccardo Cappellin and Peter Nijkamp (eds) (Avebury, Aldershot, 1990) pp. 500 + i, [UK pound]45.00, ISBN 0 566 07149 5
by Oakey, R. P.
- 192-194 Information technology: Impacts, policies and future perspectives : F. Meyer-Krahmer, J. Muller and B. Preissl (eds) (Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, 1990) pp. 229, DM65, ISBN 3 540 52396 0
by Mansell, Robin
- 194-195 Industry recipes: The nature and sources of managerial judgement : J.-C. Spender (Basil Blackwell, Oxford, 1989) pp. 240
by Moss, Scott
February 1992, Volume 21, Issue 1
- 1-12 Why are Japanese firms so innovative in engineering technology?
by Wakasugi, Ryuhei
- 13-25 The influence of technology and demand factors on firm size and industrial structure in the DRAM market -- 1973-1988
by Methe, David T.
- 27-44 A quantitative assessment of interdisciplinary structures in science and technology: Co-classification analysis of energy research
by Tijssen, Robert J. W.
- 45-62 Agreements between firms and the technological life cycle model: Evidence from information technologies
by Cainarca, Gian Carlo & Colombo, Massimo G. & Mariotti, Sergio
- 63-77 Technological innovation as a gateway to entry: The case of the telecommunications equipment industry
by Dowling, Michael J. & Ruefli, Timothy W.
- 79-93 Specialization and size of technological activities in industrial countries: The analysis of patent data
by Archibugi, Daniele & Pianta, Mario
- 95-96 The evaluation of scientific research : David Evered and Sara Harnett (eds.), (John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, 1989)
by Roessner, David