Technological collaboration in product innovation: The role of market competition and sectoral technological intensity
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Malerba, Franco, 2002. "Sectoral systems of innovation and production," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 247-264, February.
- Miotti, Luis & Sachwald, Frederique, 2003. "Co-operative R&D: why and with whom?: An integrated framework of analysis," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1481-1499, September.
- Masao Nakamura & Pierre Mohnen & Cathy Hoareau, 2003.
"What type of enterprise forges close links with universities and government labs? Evidence from CIS 2,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(2-3), pages 133-145.
- Cathy Hoareau & Pierre Mohnen, 2002. "What Type Of Enterprise Forges Close Links With Universities And Government Labs? Evidence From CIS 2," CIRANO Working Papers 2002s-25, CIRANO.
- Mohnen, Pierre & Hoareau, Cathy, 2002. "What type of enterprise forges close links with universities and government labs? Evidence from CIS2," Research Memorandum 009, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Mowery, David C. & Oxley, Joanne E. & Silverman, Brian S., 1998. "Technological overlap and interfirm cooperation: implications for the resource-based view of the firm," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 507-523, September.
- David J. Teece, 2003.
"Competition, Cooperation, and Innovation Organizational Arrangements for Regimes of Rapid Technological Progress,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Essays In Technology Management And Policy Selected Papers of David J Teece, chapter 16, pages 447-474
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Teece, David J., 1992. "Competition, cooperation, and innovation : Organizational arrangements for regimes of rapid technological progress," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-25, June.
- Jie Wu & Nitin Pangarkar, 2010. "The bidirectional relationship between competitive intensity and collaboration: Evidence from China," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 503-522, September.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2007.
"The system dynamics of collective knowledge: From gradualism and saltationism to punctuated change,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 215-236, February.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2004. "The System Dynamics of Collective Knowledge: from Gradualism and Saltationism to Punctuated Change," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 200404, University of Turin.
- Penrose, Edith, 2009. "The Theory of the Growth of the Firm," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 4, number 9780199573844.
- Sirilli, Giorgio & Evangelista, Rinaldo, 1998. "Technological innovation in services and manufacturing: results from Italian surveys," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 881-899, December.
- Robert Vossen, 1999. "Market Power, Industrial Concentration and Innovative Activity," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 15(4), pages 367-378, December.
- Hallward-Driemeier, Mary & Wallsten, Scott & Lixin Colin Xu, 2003. "The investment climate and the firm : firm-level evidence from China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3003, The World Bank.
- Vuong, Quang H, 1989. "Likelihood Ratio Tests for Model Selection and Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 307-333, March.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1984. "Sectoral patterns of technical change: Towards a taxonomy and a theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 343-373, December.
- Malerba, Franco & Orsenigo, Luigi, 1997. "Technological Regimes and Sectoral Patterns of Innovative Activities," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 83-117.
- Kleinknecht, Alfred & Reijnen, Jeroen O. N., 1992. "Why do firms cooperate on R&D? an empirical study," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 347-360, August.
- Belderbos, Rene & Carree, Martin & Diederen, Bert & Lokshin, Boris & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2004. "Heterogeneity in R&D cooperation strategies," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1237-1263, November.
- Lawton Smith, Helen & Dickson, Keith & Smith, Stephen Lloyd, 1991. ""There are two sides to every story": Innovation and collaboration within networks of large and small firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 457-468, October.
- Audretsch, David B, 1998.
"Agglomeration and the Location of Innovative Activity,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 18-29, Summer.
- Audretsch, David B, 1998. "Agglomeration and the Location of Innovative Activity," CEPR Discussion Papers 1974, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bougrain, Frederic & Haudeville, Bernard, 2002. "Innovation, collaboration and SMEs internal research capacities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 735-747, July.
- Auh, Seigyoung & Menguc, Bulent, 2005. "Balancing exploration and exploitation: The moderating role of competitive intensity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(12), pages 1652-1661, December.
- Arora, Ashish & Gambardella, Alfonso, 1990. "Complementarity and External Linkages: The Strategies of the Large Firms in Biotechnology," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(4), pages 361-379, June.
- Ad de Jong & Ko de Ruyter & Martin Wetzels, 2005. "Antecedents and Consequences of Group Potency: A Study of Self-Managing Service Teams," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(11), pages 1610-1625, November.
- J. Scott Long & Jeremy Freese, 2006. "Regression Models for Categorical Dependent Variables using Stata, 2nd Edition," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, edition 2, number long2, December.
- Lundvall, Bengt-Ake & Johnson, Bjorn & Andersen, Esben Sloth & Dalum, Bent, 2002. "National systems of production, innovation and competence building," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 213-231, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pippel, Gunnar, 2012. "The Impact of R&D Collaboration Networks on the Performance of Firms and Regions: A Meta-Analysis of the Evidence," IWH Discussion Papers 14/2012, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Wu, Jie & Wu, Zefu & Si, Steven, 2016. "The influences of Internet-based collaboration and intimate interactions in buyer–supplier relationship on product innovation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 3780-3787.
- Nuttaneeya Ann Torugsa & Anthony Arundel & Wayne O’Donohue, 2016. "Inter-Firm Collaboration And Innovation Performance For New-To-Market Products — The Moderating Role Of Technological And Skills-Related Knowledge Assets," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 20(06), pages 1-22, August.
- repec:bla:econpa:v:36:y:2017:i:2:p:223-248 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jie Wu & Zhenzhong Ma, 2016. "Export Intensity and MNE Customers’ Environmental Requirements: Effects on Local Chinese Suppliers’ Environment Strategies," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 135(2), pages 327-339, May.
- Cevikarslan S., 2015. "Research joint ventures in an R&D driven market with evolving consumer preferences: An evolutionary multi-agent based modelling approach," MERIT Working Papers 007, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Nitin Pangarkar & Jie Wu, 2013. "Alliance formation, partner diversity, and performance of Singapore startups," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 791-807, September.
- Muench, Stefan & Thuss, Sebastian & Guenther, Edeltraud, 2014. "What hampers energy system transformations? The case of smart grids," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 80-92.
- repec:wsi:ijimxx:v:21:y:2017:i:01:n:s1363919617500360 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:techno:v:66-67:y:2017:i::p:28-42 is not listed on IDEAS
- José Arias-Pérez & Carlos Mario Durango Yepes & Nora Teresa Millán López, 2015. "Capacidad de innovación de proceso y desempeño innovador: efecto mediador de la capacidad de innovación de producto," REVISTA AD-MINISTER, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT, issue 27, pages 75-93, November.
- repec:wsi:ijimxx:v:21:y:2017:i:03:n:s1363919617500256 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jian Hou & Heng Chen & Jianzhong Xu, 2017. "External Knowledge Sourcing and Green Innovation Growth with Environmental and Energy Regulations: Evidence from Manufacturing in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(3), pages 1-17, February.
- Wu, Jie & Wu, Zefu, 2014. "Local and international knowledge search and product innovation: The moderating role of technology boundary spanning," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 542-551.
- repec:kap:jtecht:v:42:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10961-016-9545-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Chun-Hsien & Chang, Ching-Hsing & Shen, George C., 2015. "The effect of inbound open innovation on firm performance: Evidence from high-tech industry," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 222-230.
- Kavusan, Korcan & Noorderhaven, Niels G. & Duysters, Geert M., 2016. "Knowledge acquisition and complementary specialization in alliances: The impact of technological overlap and alliance experience," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(10), pages 2153-2165.
More about this item
KeywordsTechnological collaboration; Product innovation; Market competition; Sectoral technological intensity; Emerging market;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:41:y:2012:i:2:p:489-496. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.