October 1997, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 388-389 Communication by design: The politics of information and communication technologies : R. Mansell and R. Silverstone (eds.), Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1996, 278 pp
by Wyatt, Sally
- 389-390 Technological infrastructure policy: An international perspective : M. Teubal, D. Foray, M. Justman and E. Zuscovitch (eds.), Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, xvi + 372 pp., ISBN 0-7923-3835-9
by Radosevic, Slavo
May 1997, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 141-156 The technological competencies of the world's largest firms: Complex and path-dependent, but not much variety
by Patel, Pari & Pavitt, Keith
- 157-168 Policy for science for policy: A commentary on Lambright on ozone depletion and acid rain
by Pielke, Roger Jr. & Betsill, Michele M.
- 169-189 Managing large-scale technology and inter-organizational relations: The case of the Channel Tunnel
by Genus, Audley
- 191-207 Research consortia as a vehicle for basic research: The case of a fifth generation computer project in Japan
by Odagiri, Hiroyuki & Nakamura, Yoshiaki & Shibuya, Minoru
- 209-227 Technological diversification in the multinational corporation--historical evolution and future prospects
by Zander, Ivo
- 229-255 From market magic to calypso science policy a review of Terence Kealey's The economic laws of scientific research
by David, P. A.
- 257-258 Technological innovation and network evolution : Anders Lundgren, (Routledge, London and New York, 1995) xiv + 266 pp., ISBN 0-415-08219-6
by Sloth Andersen, Esben
- 258-260 Coping with trouble: How science reacts to political disturbances of research conditions : Uwe Schimank and Andreas Stucke (Editors), (Campus Verlag, Frankfurt/St. Martin's Press, New York, 1994), 404 pp., ISBN 3-593-35020-3, Campus Verlag; ISBN 0-312-12240-3, St. Martin's Press
by Irwin, Alan
- 260-261 Information and communication technologies. Vision and realities : by William H. Dutton (Ed.), Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1996, 464 pp. + xx
by Antonelli, Cristiano
March 1997, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-18 What is research collaboration?
by Katz, J. Sylvan & Martin, Ben R.
- 19-32 Smaller enterprises and innovation in the UK: the SPRU innovations database revisited
by Tether, B. S. & Smith, I. J. & Thwaites, A. T.
- 33-48 How persistently do firms innovate?
by Geroski, P. A. & Van Reenen, J. & Walters, C. F.
- 49-66 Getting round the lock-in in electricity generating systems: the example of the gas turbine
by Islas, Jorge
- 67-84 Multi-mode interaction among technologies
by Pistorius, C. W. I. & Utterback, J. M.
- 85-103 The globalization of R&D: Results of a survey of foreign-affiliated R&D laboratories in the USA
by Florida, Richard
- 105-119 The role of flexibility in the development of new products: An empirical study
by Thomke, Stefan H.
- 121-135 Decision-making in research and development collaboration
by Chen, Shin-Horng
- 137-138 Building competencies in the firm: Lessons from Japanese and European optoelectronics : Kumiko Miyazaki, (Macmillan, Basingstoke, 1995), 205 pp., [UK pound]42.50, ISBN: 0333 616731
by Jacobsson, Staffan
- 138-139 Bicycles, bakelites and bulbs: Toward a theory of sociotechnical change : Wiebe Bijker, (MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1995). [UK pound]26.50, 290 + pp., ISBN 0 262 02376 8
by Nelson, Richard R.
January 1997, Volume 25, Issue 8
- 1161-1188 A catalytic and evolutionary approach to horizontal technology policies (HTPs)
by Teubal, Morris
- 1189-1207 National technology gaps and trade -- an empirical study of the influence of globalisation
by Daniels, Peter L.
- 1209-1219 Rethinking the market-technology relationship for innovation
by Howells, John
- 1221-1234 Sociotechnical constituencies, game theory, and the diffusion of compact discs. An inter-disciplinary investigation into the market for recorded music
by Klaes, Matthias
- 1235-1242 Measuring the unmeasurable: a country's non-R&D expenditure on product and service innovation
by Brouwer, Erik & Kleinknecht, Alfred
- 1243-1259 The French system of innovation in the oil industry some lessons about the role of public policies and sectoral patterns of technological change in innovation networking
by Furtado, Andre
- 1261-1276 Technological competencies and product's evolutionary dynamics a case study from the aero-engine industry
by Prencipe, Andrea
- 1277-1293 Unravelling the cognitive and interorganisational structure of public/private R&D networks: A case study of catalysis research in the Netherlands
by Tijssen, Robert J. W. & Korevaar, Joke C.
October 1996, Volume 25, Issue 7
- 999-1011 Features of policy-making processes in Japan's Council for Science and Technology
by Tanaka, Yoichi & Hirasawa, Ryo
- 1013-1026 Innovation and employment in Italian manufacturing industry
by Vivarelli, Marco & Evangelista, Rinaldo & Pianta, Mario
- 1027-1046 An analysis of innovation strategies and industrial differentiation through patent applications: the case of plant biotechnology
by Joly, Pierre-Benoit & de Looze, Marie-Angele
- 1047-1058 The modern university: contributor to industrial innovation and recipient of industrial R&D support
by Mansfield, Edwin & Lee, Jeong-Yeon
- 1059-1079 The determinants of overseas R&D by Japanese firms: an empirical study at the industry and company levels
by Odagiri, Hiroyuki & Yasuda, Hideto
- 1081-1096 Industrial innovation in Sub-Saharan Africa: the manufacturing sector in Nigeria
by Oyelaran-Oyeyinka, B. & Laditan, G. O. A. & Esubiyi, A. O.
- 1097-1119 Learning-before-doing in the development of new process technology
by Pisano, Gary P.
- 1121-1137 Horizontal diversification in the Danish national system of innovation: the case of pharmaceuticals
by Laursen, Keld
- 1139-1157 A comparison of the dynamics of industrial clustering in computing and biotechnology
by Swann, Peter & Prevezer, Martha
- 1159-1159 Patent Strategy for Researchers and Research Managers : H. Jackson Knight, (John Wiley and Sons, Chichester, 1996) [UK pound]32.50, 166 pp., ISBN 0 4196095 0
by Scott, S. M.
September 1996, Volume 25, Issue 6
- 843-863 'Technology transfer' and the research university: a search for the boundaries of university-industry collaboration
by Lee, Yong S.
- 865-899 The social shaping of technology
by Williams, Robin & Edge, David
- 901-922 Profile of public laboratories, industrial partnerships and organisation of R & D: the dynamics of industrial relationships in a large research organisation
by Joly, P. B. & Mangematin, V.
- 923-932 Technological cooperative agreements and firm's R & D intensity. A note on causality relations
by Colombo, Massimo G. & Garrone, Paola
- 933-945 An evolutionary approach to technological innovation in agriculture: some preliminary remarks
by Possas, Mario Luiz & Salles-Filho, Sergio & da Silveira, JoseMaria
- 947-966 Spinning off and spinning on(?): the federal government role in the development of the US computer software industry
by Mowery, David C. & Langlois, Richard N.
- 967-995 Technology transfer and absorption: an 'R & D value-mapping' approach to evaluation
by Kingsley, Gordon & Bozeman, Barrt & Coker, Karen
- 997-998 Firms, markets and economic change: a dynamic theory of business institutions : Richard N. Langlois and Paul L. Robertson, (Routledge, London and New York. 1995)
by von Tunzelmann, G. N.
August 1996, Volume 25, Issue 5
- 671-687 Modeling the persistence of organizations in an emerging field: the case of hepatitis C
by Clarysse, B. & Debackere, K. & Rappa, M. A.
- 689-711 Analyzing literature-based innovation output indicators: the Italian experience
by Santarelli, Enrico & Piergiovanni, Roberta
- 713-722 Firm size, opportunities for adaptation and in-house R & D activity in developing countries: the case of Indian manufacturing
by Kumar, Nagesh & Saqib, Mohammed
- 723-739 Trade policy and learning by doing: the case of semiconductors
by Gruber, Harald
- 741-758 Government R & D expenditure and space: empirical evidence from five industrialized countries
by Sternberg, Rolf G.
- 759-783 Strategies for technological development in South Korea and Taiwan: the case of semiconductors
by Chen, Cheng-Fen & Sewell, Graham
- 785-804 Business strategies in more- and less-innovative firms in Canada
by Baldwin, John R. & Johnson, Joanne
- 805-818 Evaluation of national R&D projects in Korea
by Lee, Mushin & Son, Byoungho & Om, Kiyong
- 819-836 The publication output and impact of academic chemistry research in the Netherlands during the 1980s: bibliometric analyses and policy implications
by Moed, H. F. & Hesselink, F. Th.
- 837-838 Expertise and innovation: Information technology strategies in the financial services sector : R. Fincham, J. Fleck, R. Proctor, H. Scarbrough, M. Tierney and R. Williams, (Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1994, 334 pp.), [UK pound]35.00, ISBN 0 19 828904 9
by Crede, Andreas
- 838-842 National innovation systems. A comparative analysis : Richard R. Nelson (Editor), (Oxford University Press, New York and London, 1993) xii + 541 pp
by Archibugi, Daniele
June 1996, Volume 25, Issue 4
- 491-507 The role of user firms in the innovation of machine tools: The Japanese case
by Lee, Kong Rae
- 509-529 Design, innovation and the boundaries of the firm
by Walsh, Vivien
- 531-547 Transaction costs and technological development: the case of the Danish fruit and vegetable industry
by Foss, Kirsten
- 549-571 Innovation and the international diffusion of environmentally responsive technology
by Lanjouw, Jean Olson & Mody, Ashoka
- 573-585 Indicators of technological activities -- comparing educational, patent and R & D statistics in the case of Sweden
by Jacobsson, Staffan & Oskarsson, Christer & Philipson, Joakim
- 587-606 Research and the practice of publication in industries
by Godin, Benoit
- 607-632 Toward a typological theory of project management
by Shenhar, Aaron J. & Dvir, Dov
- 633-645 A composite indicator of a firm's innovativeness. An empirical analysis based on survey data for Swiss manufacturing
by Hollenstein, Heinz
- 647-663 Patterns of technological change among Spanish innovative firms: the case of the Madrid region
by Molero, Jose & Buesa, Mikel
- 665-665 The strategic management of technology in the chemical and petrochemical industries : Rogerio H. Quintella, (Pinter, London, 1993) [UK pound]45.00 ISBN 1 85567 146
by Pavitt, Keith
- 665-666 Knowledge and frontiers : Wendy Faulkner and Jacqueline Senker, (Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1995) 265 pp., Price [UK pound]30, ISBN 0 19 828833 6
by Nelson, Richard R.
- 666-668 New technologies and the firm : Peter Swann (Editor) (Routledge, London, 1993) 383 pp., [UK pound]45.00, ISBN 0415 08128 8
by Torrisi, Salvatore
May 1996, Volume 25, Issue 3
- 321-323 Effectiveness of R & D subsidies -- a sceptical note on the empirical literature
by Kauko, K.
- 325-335 Assessing value-added contributions of university technology business incubators to tenant firms
by Mian, Sarfraz A.
- 337-358 R & D strategy in a techno-economic network: Alzheimer's disease therapeutic strategies
by Penan, H.
- 359-378 A morphology of Japanese and European corporate research networks
by Hicks, Diana M. & Isard, Phoebe A. & Martin, Ben R.
- 379-395 The innovation of agrochemicals: regulation and patent protection
by Hartnell, Gaynor
- 397-401 On the classification of industrial R & D
by Link, Albert N.
- 403-413 A literature-based innovation output indicator
by Coombs, R. & Narandren, P. & Richards, A.
- 415-430 Intersectoral innovation flows and national technological systems: network analysis for comparing Italy and Germany
by Leoncini, R. & Maggioni, M. A. & Montresor, S.
- 431-450 The evaluation of national performance in selected priority areas using scientometric methods
by Leydesdorff, Loet & Gauthier, Elaine
- 451-478 Schumpeterian patterns of innovation are technology-specific
by Malerba, Franco & Orsenigo, Luigi
- 479-479 Europe in space 1960-1973 : John Krige and Arturo Russo, (ESA Noordwijk, NL, 1994), 122 pp. Dfl. 70, ISBN 92 9092 125 0
by Bondi, Hermann
- 479-480 Research grants: Management and funding : F.Q. Wood and V.L. Meek (Editors) (Bibliotech, Canberra, 1993) vii + 212 pp., price stated AU$22.50, ISBN 0 7315 1894 2
by Collins, Peter
- 480-482 Beyond business process reengineering: Towards the holonic enterprise : P. McHugh, G. Merli, W.A. Wheeler, (Wiley, Chichester, 1995) 212 pp., [UK pound]24.95
by Hobday, M.
- 482-484 From lab to market. Commercialization of public sector technology : Suleiman K. Kassicieh and H. Raymond Radosevich (Editors) (Plenum Press, New York 1994) 336 pp., ISBN 0 306 44717 7
by Senker, Jacqueline
- 484-485 Regional advantage: Culture and competition in Silicon Valley and route 128 : AnnaLee Saxenian, (Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA, 1994) 226 pp; Price [UK pound]19.95, ISBN 0 674 75339 9
by Morgan, Kevin
- 485-486 Evolutionary economics and chaos theory: New directions in technology studies : (Pinter, London, 1994) xiii + 215 pp., [UK pound]35.00, paperback [UK pound]14.99. Loet Leydesdorff, Peter Van den Besselaar (Editors)
by Sloth Andersen, Esben
- 486-488 Prometheus bound : J.M. Ziman, (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1994) 289 pp., [UK pound]16.95, ISBN 0 521 43430 0
by Krige, John
March 1996, Volume 25, Issue 2
- 181-183 Evaluating industrial modernization: Introduction to the theme issue
by Shapira, Philip & Roessner, J. David
- 185-214 Current practices in the evaluation of US industrial modernization programs
by Shapira, Philip & Youtie, Jan & Roessner, J. David
- 215-232 Does manufacturing extension matter? An evaluation of the industrial technology extension service in New York
by Oldsman, Eric
- 233-246 Performance benchmarking and measuring program impacts on customers: lessons from the Midwest Manufacturing Technology Center
by Luria, Dan & Wiarda, Edith
- 247-263 Does cooperation enhance competitiveness? Assessing the impacts of inter-firm collaboration
by Rosenfeld, Stuart A.
- 265-279 The role of institution-building in US industrial modernization programs
by Kelley, Maryellen R. & Arora, Ashish
- 281-307 A measure of federalism: assessing manufacturing technology centers
by Sabel, Charles F.
- 309-319 Issues and perspectives on evaluating manufacturing modernization programs
by Feller, Irwin & Glasmeier, Amy & Mark, Melvin
January 1996, Volume 25, Issue 1
- 1-12 Internationalization of corporate technology through strategic partnering: an empirical investigation
by Duysters, Geert & Hagedoorn, John
- 13-23 Testing a model of technological trajectories
by De Marchi, Mario & Napolitano, Giovanni & Taccini, Piero
- 25-41 Sources of technical innovation in the network of companies providing chemical process plant and equipment
by Hutcheson, P. & Pearson, A. W. & Ball, D. F.
- 43-57 The role of information in licensing contract design
by Macho-Stadler, Ines & Martinez-Giralt, Xavier & David Perez-Castrillo, J.
- 59-89 Supplier involvement in automotive component design: are there really large US Japan differences?
by Liker, Jeffrey K. & Kamath, Rajan R. & Nazli Wasti, S. & Nagamachi, Mitsuo
- 91-106 Linking technology and institutions: the innovation community framework
by Lynn, Leonard H. & Mohan Reddy, N. & Aram, John D.
- 107-131 Reforming Romania's national research system
by Eisemon, Thomas Owen & Ionescu-Sisesti, Ileana & Davis, Charles H. & Gaillard, Jacques
- 133-162 Flexibility trap: a case analysis of U.S. and Japanese technological choice in the digital watch industry
by Numagami, Tsuyoshi
- 163-179 The shift to knowledge-intensive production in the plastics-processing industry and its implications for infrastructure development: three case studies-- New York State, England and Israel
by Tamar Yinnon, A.
November 1995, Volume 24, Issue 6
- 831-849 The influence of business strategies on technological network activities
by Gemunden, Hans Georg & Heydebreck, Peter
- 851-868 Quandaries in the economics of dual technologies and spillovers from military to civilian research and development
by Cowan, Robin & Foray, Dominique
- 869-882 Research requirements for research impact assessment
by Kostoff, Ronald N.
- 883-894 A socio-cognitive approach to innovation
by Howells, John
- 895-911 Regional technology coalitions an essential dimension of national technology policy
by Storper, Michael
- 913-931 Managing consistency between product development and public standards evolution
by Bailetti, Antonio J. & Callahan, John R.
- 933-958 Racing behavior technological evolution in the high-end computer industry
by Khanna, Tarun
- 959-979 Quality and efficiency of basic research in molecular biology: a bibliometric analysis of thirteen excellent research institutes
by Herbertz, Heinrich & Muller-Hill, Benno
- 981-992 Appropriability of technical innovations an empirical analysis
by Harabi, Najib
September 1995, Volume 24, Issue 5
- 669-684 Evaluating technology innovation programs: the use of comparison groups to identify impacts
by Brown, Marilyn A. & Curlee, T. Randall & Elliott, Steven R.
- 685-705 Predicting the most likely diffusion sequence of a new technology through the economy: The case of superconductivity
by DeBresson, Chris
- 707-726 Along the road: R & D, society and space
by Henry, Nick & Massey, Doreen & Wield, David
- 727-745 Asset profiles for technological innovation
by Christensen, Jens Froslev
- 747-760 NASA, ozone, and policy-relevant science
by Henry Lambright, W.
- 761-782 Managing product families: The case of the Sony Walkman
by Sanderson, Susan & Uzumeri, Mustafa
- 783-802 Sources of imitation: improving bank process capabilities
by McKendrick, David
- 803-822 Does new technology adoption pay? Electronic switching patterns and firm-level performance in US telecommunications
by Majumdar, Sumit K.
- 823-824 Corporate vision and rapid technological change: The evolution of market structure : Peter Swann and Jas Gill, (Routledge, London, 1993) xi + 244 p., [UK pound]37.50
by Webre, Philip
- 824-825 Innovation policy and Canada's competitiveness : Kristian Palda, (Vancouver, The Fraser Institute, 1993), 265 pp., $19.95, ISBN 0 88975 154 4
by de la Mothe, John
- 825-827 The impact of globalisation on Europe's firms and industries : Marc Humbert (Editor), (Pinter Publishers; London, 1993, 266 + xv pp) ISBN 185567 1131
by Hu, Yao-Su
- 827-828 Telecommunications and politics: The decentralised alternative : Andrew Davies, (Pinter Publishers, London, 1994), 265 pp., ISBN 1 85567 144 1
by Gabel, David
- 828-829 Managers and innovation: Strategies for a biotechnology : J. Howells, (Pinter Publishers, London, 1994, 185 pp. + glossary and references), [UK pound]40.00, ISBN 0 415 08590 X
by Thomas, Sandra & Burke, Julian
July 1995, Volume 24, Issue 4
- 489-506 Is your firm a creative destroyer? Competitive learning and knowledge flows in the technological strategies of firms
by Boisot, Max H.
- 507-519 Inventive productivity
by Narin, Francis & Breitzman, Anthony
- 521-542 Technology integration: Managing technological evolution in a complex environment
by Iansiti, Marco
- 543-562 Innovation, networks, and vertical integration
by Robertson, Paul L. & Langlois, Richard N.
- 563-581 National priorities in academic research-strategic research and contracts in renewable energies
by Dalpe, Robert & Anderson, Frances
- 583-607 A framework for model and product family competition
by Uzumeri, Mustafa & Sanderson, Susan
- 609-630 External partnering as a response to innovation barriers and global competition in biotechnology
by Greis, Noel P. & Dibner, Mark D. & Bean, Alden S.
- 631-643 Of life cycles real and imaginary: The unexpectedly long old age of optical lithography
by Henderson, Rebecca
- 645-663 Patenting of recombinant proteins: An analysis of tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA) in Europe, The United States and Japan
by Thomas, Sandra M. & Kimura, Keiko & Burke, Julian F.
- 665-666 Technology policy and America's future : Steven M. Irwin, (St. Martin's Press, New York, 1993) 229 pp., Price $39.95, ISBN 0-312-09961-4
by Chakrabarti, A. K.
- 667-667 Empowering technology: implementing a US strategy : Lewis M. Branscomb (Editor), (MIT Press, 1993), 294 pp., [UK pound]33.75, ISBN 0 262 02366 0
by Gibbons, Michael
May 1995, Volume 24, Issue 3
- 325-348 Collaborative, pre-competitive R&D and the firm
by Quintas, Paul & Guy, Ken
- 349-365 The impacts of research field evaluations on research practice
by Luukkonen, Terttu
- 367-389 Discouraging opportunistic behavior in collaborative R & D: A new role for government
by Tripsas, Mary & Schrader, Stephan & Sobrero, Maurizio
- 391-401 Small firms' innovation in two technological settings
by Lee, Jangwoo
- 403-417 Do subsidies to cooperative R & D actually stimulate R & D investment and cooperation?
by Folster, Stefan
- 419-440 The role of product architecture in the manufacturing firm
by Ulrich, Karl
- 441-458 Technological competition, strategies of the firms and the choice of the first users: the case of road guidance technologies
by Mangematin, V. & Callon, M.
- 459-471 Analysis of biomedical research in Spain
by Gomez, I. & Fernandez, M. T. & Zulueta, M. A. & Cami, J.
- 473-486 The Japanese software industry: the 'hub structure' approach
by Baba, Yasunori & Takai, Shinji & Mizuta, Yuji
- 487-488 The globalisation of production and technology : J. Howells and M. Wood, (Belhaven Press, London, 1993), 192 pp., [UK pound]39.50, ISBN 1 85293 285 6
by Patel, Pari
March 1995, Volume 24, Issue 2
- 169-184 Going global: The use of ICT networks in research and development
by Howells, Jeremy R.
- 185-205 On the sources and significance of interindustry differences in technological opportunities
by Klevorick, Alvin K. & Levin, Richard C. & Nelson, Richard R. & Winter, Sidney G.
- 207-231 Strategic technology partnering during the 1980s: Trends, networks and corporate patterns in non-core technologies
by Hagedoorn, John
- 233-257 Explaining the attacker's advantage: Technological paradigms, organizational dynamics, and the value network
by Christensen, Clayton M. & Rosenbloom, Richard S.
- 259-281 Technological infrastructure policy (TIP): Creating capabilities and building markets
by Justman, Moshe & Teubal, Morris
- 283-299 Have UK venture capitalists a bias against investment in new technology-based firms?
by Murray, Gordon C. & Lott, Jonathan
- 301-316 R&D consortia in the United States and Japan
by Aldrich, Howard E. & Sasaki, Toshihiro
- 317-318 Applications of decision-aiding software : Stuart S. Nagel (Editor), (McMillan, London, 1992), 303 pp., [UK pound]47.50, ISBN 0-333-55659-3
by Freeman, A.
- 318-320 Rhetoric, innovation, technology: Case studies of technical communication in technology transfer : Stephen Doheny-Farina, (The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1992), 279 pp, ISBN 0-262-04129-4
by Molina, Alfonso H.
- 320-320 National Systems of innovation: Towards a theory of innovation and interactive learning : Bengt-Ake Lundvall (Editor), (Pinter, London, 1992) pp. 317, [UK pound]45 (hardbook) ISBN 1-85567-063-1
by Pavitt, Keith
- 320-322 The technological specialization of advanced countries; A report to the EEC on international science and technology activities : Daniele Archibugi and Mario Pianta, (Kluwer, Dordrecht, Netherlands, 1992) xvi + 164 pp. [UK pound]48.00, ISBN 0792317505
by Andersen, Hanne Birgitte
January 1995, Volume 24, Issue 1
- 1-12 How learning by doing is done: problem identification in novel process equipment
by von Hippel, Eric & Tyre, Marcie J.
- 13-49 Government, globalisation, and universities in Japanese biotechnology
by Fransman, Martin & Tanaka, Shoko
- 51-76 The hypercube of innovation
by Afuah, Allan N. & Bahram, Nik
- 77-95 Cooperation and entry induction as an extension of technological rivalry
by Kogut, Bruce & Walker, Gordon & Kim, Dong-Jae
- 97-114 Building bridges for innovation: the role of consultants in technology transfer
by Bessant, John & Rush, Howard
- 115-126 Models of priority-setting for public sector research
by Stewart, Jenny
- 127-136 Educational statistics as an indicator of technological activity
by Jacobsson, Staffan & Oskarsson, Christer
- 137-150 Scientists at major and minor universities: mobility along the prestige continuum
by Debackere, Koenraad & Rappa, Michael A.
- 151-168 Technological regimes and innovation in services: the case of the Italian banking industry
by Buzzacchi, Luigi & Colombo, Massimo G. & Mariotti, Sergio
November 1994, Volume 23, Issue 6
- 613-626 Complex technology and community: implications for policy and social science
by Rycroft, Robert W. & Kash, Don E.
- 627-635 Markets and organizations as coherent systems of innovation
by Amendola, Mario & Gaffard, Jean-Luc
- 637-652 Learning by trying: the implementation of configurational technology
by Fleck, James
- 653-659 Managerial efficiency and the Schumpeterian link between size, market structure and innovation revisited
by Bughin, J. & Jacques, J. M.
- 661-672 Compulsory licensing with capital payments as an alternative to grants of monopoly in intellectual property
by Kingston, William
- 673-695 Making sense of diversity: public-private sector research linkage in three technologies
by Faulkner, Wendy & Senker, Jacqueline
- 697-711 Cooperative research in a newly industrialized country: Taiwan
by Wang, Jiann-Chyuan
- 713-726 Distribution of growth rates in highly successful Swedish technical innovations
by McQueen, Douglas H.
September 1994, Volume 23, Issue 5
- 1-1 Introduction : In honor of Nathan Rosenberg
by Mowery, D. C. & Nelson, R. R. & Steinmueller, W. E.
- 477-486 The relationship between science and technology
by Brooks, Harvey
- 487-521 Toward a new economics of science
by Partha, Dasgupta & David, Paul A.
- 523-532 The changing technology of technological change: general and abstract knowledge and the division of innovative labour
by Arora, Ashish & Gambardella, Alfonso
- 533-545 The continuing, widespread (and neglected) importance of improvements in mechanical technologies
by Patel, Parimal & Pavitt, Keith
- 547-559 The big picture: how (and when and why) the West grew rich
by Engerman, Stanley L.
- 561-574 Cardwell's Law and the political economy of technological progress
by Mokyr, Joel
- 575-582 Variation--selection in the innovation of the retractable airplane landing gear: the Northrop 'anomaly'
by Vincenti, Walter G.
- 583-599 Economic growth and the chemical industry
by Landau, Ralph
- 601-612 Learning and technical progress in the commuter aircraft industry: an analysis of Embraer's experience
by Frischtak, Claudio R.
July 1994, Volume 23, Issue 4
- 357-374 National research systems and change: the reaction of the British and German research systems to the discovery of High-Tc superconductors
by Jansen, Dorothea
- 375-384 Japanese corporations, scientific research and globalization
by Hicks, D. & Ishizuka, T. & Keen, P. & Sweet, S.
- 385-394 Cooperative and competitive behaviors during the process of creative destruction
by Garud, Raghu
- 395-412 An empirical study of hybrid forms of governance structure: the case of the telecommunication equipment industry
by Garrette, Bernard & Quelin, Bertrand
- 413-424 Basic research inside the firm: Lessons from an in-depth case study
by Quere, Michel
- 425-441 Institutional variations in problem choice and persistence among scientists in an emerging field
by Debackere, Koenraad & Rappa, Michael A.
- 443-457 Exploring the science and technology interface: inventor-author relations in laser medicine research
by Noyons, E. C. M. & van Raan, A. F. J. & Grupp, H. & Schmoch, U.
- 459-469 Incentives to innovate and the sources of innovation: the case of scientific instruments
by Riggs, William & von Hippel, Eric
- 471-472 Medical innovations in historical perspective : John V. Pickstin (ed.) (Macmillan, London, 1992) pp. 288, [UK pound]40. ISBN 0 333 55619 4
by Blume, S.
- 472-473 The economics of hope: Essays on technical change, economic growth and the environment : Christopher Freeman (Pinter publishers, London/New York) pp. 249, ISBN: 1-85567-083-6
by Heaton, George Jr.
- 473-475 Technology and the economy -- the key relationships : (Organisation for economic co-operation and development, Paris, 1992) pp. 328, 260 FF
by Walsh, Vivien
May 1994, Volume 23, Issue 3
- 235-248 Technological systems and economic policy: the diffusion of factory automation in Sweden
by Carlsson, Bo & Jacobsson, Staffan
- 249-265 How do rivals compete: strategy, technology and tactics
by Birnbaum-More, Philip H. & Weiss, Andrew R. & Wright, Russell W.
- 267-280 Information and innovation: a comprehensive representation
by Daghfous, Abdelkader & White, George R.
- 281-292 Technometric evaluation and technology policy: the case of biodiagnostic kits in Israel
by Frenkel, Amnon & Reiss, Thomas & Maital, Shlomo & Koschatzky, Knut & Grupp, Hariolf