Innovation as a social bubble: The example of the Human Genome Project
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- D. Sornette & A. Johansen, 2001. "Significance of log-periodic precursors to financial crashes," Papers cond-mat/0106520, arXiv.org.
- Zhou, Wei-Xing & Sornette, Didier, 2005. "Testing the stability of the 2000 US stock market “antibubble”," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 348(C), pages 428-452.
- Monika GISLER & Didier SORNETTE, 2010. "Bubbles Everywhere in Human Affairs," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 10-16, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Sornette, Didier & Zhou, Wei-Xing, 2006. "Predictability of large future changes in major financial indices," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 153-168.
- D. Sornette & A. Johansen, 2001. "Significance of log-periodic precursors to financial crashes," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(4), pages 452-471.
- D. Sornette, 2008. "Nurturing breakthroughs: lessons from complexity theory," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 3(2), pages 165-181, December.
- Anders Johansen & Didier Sornette, 2010. "Shocks, Crashes and Bubbles in Financial Markets," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 53(2), pages 201-253.
- Carlota Perez, 2009. "The double bubble at the turn of the century: technological roots and structural implications," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(4), pages 779-805, July.
- Jiang, Zhi-Qiang & Zhou, Wei-Xing & Sornette, Didier & Woodard, Ryan & Bastiaensen, Ken & Cauwels, Peter, 2010. "Bubble diagnosis and prediction of the 2005-2007 and 2008-2009 Chinese stock market bubbles," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 149-162, June.
- Shobita Parthasarathy, 2007. "Building Genetic Medicine: Breast Cancer, Technology, and the Comparative Politics of Health Care," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262162423, January.
- Anders Johansen & Didier Sornette, 2000. "The Nasdaq crash of April 2000: Yet another example of log-periodicity in a speculative bubble ending in a crash," Papers cond-mat/0004263, arXiv.org, revised May 2000.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ben R. Martin, 2016.
"Twenty challenges for innovation studies,"
Science and Public Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 43(3), pages 432-450.
- Ben R. Martin, 2013. "Twenty Challenges for Innovation Studies," Working Papers wp443, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Ben R. Martin, 2015. "Twenty Challenges for Innovation Studies," SPRU Working Paper Series 2015-30, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Ben R. Martin, 2015. "Twenty Challenges for Innovation Studies," Working Papers wp475, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- D. Sornette, 2014. "Physics and Financial Economics (1776-2014): Puzzles, Ising and Agent-Based models," Papers 1404.0243, arXiv.org.
- Sandro Lera & Didier Sornette, 2015. "Secular bipolar growth rate of the real US GDP per capita: implications for understanding past and future economic growth," Papers 1607.04136, arXiv.org.
- Kurakova, Natalia & Zinov, Vladimir & Komarov, Vladimir & Pavlov, Pavel, 2014. "Long-term projections as a tool for the formation of science and technology policy," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, pages 7-32.
- Sornette, Didier & Woodard, Ryan & Yan, Wanfeng & Zhou, Wei-Xing, 2013. "Clarifications to questions and criticisms on the Johansen–Ledoit–Sornette financial bubble model," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(19), pages 4417-4428.
- Didier Sornette & Peter Cauwels, 2014. "Financial bubbles: mechanisms and diagnostics," Papers 1404.2140, arXiv.org.
More about this item
KeywordsO33—Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes; O43—Institutions and Growth; G12—Asset Pricing; Trading volume; Bond Interest Rates; Human Genome Project; Social bubbles; Innovation; Positive feedbacks; Financial bubbles;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:40:y:2011:i:10:p:1412-1425. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .