Entrepreneurship: Exploring the knowledge base
Entrepreneurship research has a long tradition and since the 1980s the field has grown significantly. In this study we identify the ‘knowledge producers’ who have shaped the field over time and their core entrepreneurship research works. A unique database consisting of all references in twelve entrepreneurship ‘handbooks’ (or state-of-the-art books) has been developed. The chapters in these handbooks were written by experts within the field, and it can be assumed that the most frequently cited references represent ‘core knowledge’ with relevance to entrepreneurship research.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gartner, William B., 1990. "What are we talking about when we talk about entrepreneurship?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 15-28, January.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1991.
"Growth in Cities,"
NBER Working Papers
3787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Smith, Adam, 1776. "An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number smith1776.
- Finkle, Todd A. & Deeds, David, 2001. "Trends in the market for entrepreneurship faculty, 1989-1998," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 613-630, November.
- Blanchflower, D.G. & Oswald, A., 1991.
"What Makes an Entrepreneur?,"
Economics Series Working Papers
99125, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Jan Fagerberg, 2002. "A Layman's Guide to Evolutionary Economics," Working Papers 17, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Sahlman, William A., 1990. "The structure and governance of venture-capital organizations," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 473-521, October.
- Aldrich, Howard E., 2012. "The emergence of entrepreneurship as an academic field: A personal essay on institutional entrepreneurship," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 1240-1248.
- Carolina Cañibano & Barry Bozeman, 2009. "Curriculum vitae method in science policy and research evaluation: the state-of-the-art," Research Evaluation, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(2), pages 86-94, June.
- David B. Audretsch, 1995. "Innovation and Industry Evolution," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262011468, December.
- Jan Fagerberg & Koson Sapprasert, 2010.
"Innovation: Exploring the knowledge base,"
Working Papers on Innovation Studies
20100616, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Cantillon, Richard, 1755. "Essai Sur La Nature du Commerce en Général," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number cantillon1755.
- Barton H. Hamilton, 2000. "Does Entrepreneurship Pay? An Empirical Analysis of the Returns to Self-Employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(3), pages 604-631, June.
- Jaffe, A.B. & Trajtenberg, M., 1992.
"Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations,"
14-92, Tel Aviv.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1993. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 577-598.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," NBER Working Papers 3993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gartner, William B., 1993. "Words lead to deeds: Towards an organizational emergence vocabulary," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 231-239, May.
- Baumol, William J, 1990. "Entrepreneurship: Productive, Unproductive, and Destructive," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 893-921, October.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1979. "A General Equilibrium Entrepreneurial Theory of Firm Formation Based on Risk Aversion," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(4), pages 719-48, August.
- Katz, Jerome A., 2003. "The chronology and intellectual trajectory of American entrepreneurship education: 1876-1999," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 283-300, March.
- Simon C Parker, .
"The Economics of Entrepreneurship: What We Know and What We Don't,"
Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy
2005-18, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Parker, Simon C., 2005. "The Economics of Entrepreneurship: What We Know and What We Don't," Foundations and Trends(R) in Entrepreneurship, now publishers, vol. 1(1), pages 1-54, May.
- Zoltan Acs & David Audretsch, 1990. "Innovation and Small Firms," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262011131, December.
- Israel M. Kirzner, 1997. "Entrepreneurial Discovery and the Competitive Market Process: An Austrian Approach," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 60-85, March.
- Hjorth, Daniel & Jones, Campbell & Gartner, William B., 2008. "Introduction for 'Recreating/Recontextualising Entrepreneurship'," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 81-84, June.
- Landes, David S., 1949. "French Entrepreneurship and Industrial Growth in the Nineteenth Century," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(01), pages 45-61, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:41:y:2012:i:7:p:1154-1181. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.