An emerging paradigm or just another trajectory? Understanding the nature of technological changes using engineering heuristics in the telecommunications switching industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sahal, Devendra, 1985. "Technological guideposts and innovation avenues," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 61-82, April.
- Marco, Alan C., 2007.
"The dynamics of patent citations,"
Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 290-296, February.
- Marco, Alan C., 2006. "The dynamics of patent citations," Vassar College Department of Economics Working Paper Series 84, Vassar College Department of Economics.
- Dosi, Giovanni & Nelson, Richard R., 2010.
"Technical Change and Industrial Dynamics as Evolutionary Processes,"
Handbook of the Economics of Innovation,
- Giovanni Dosi & Richard R. Nelson, 2009. "Technical Change and Industrial Dynamics as Evolutionary Processes," LEM Papers Series 2009/07, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg, 2001.
"The NBER Patent Citation Data File: Lessons, Insights and Methodological Tools,"
NBER Working Papers
8498, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hall, B. & Jaffe, A. & Trajtenberg, M., 2001. "The NBER Patent Citations Data File: Lessons, Insights and Methodological Tools," Papers 2001-29, Tel Aviv.
- Hall, Bronwyn H & Jaffe, Adam B & Trajtenberg, Manuel, 2001. "The NBER Patent Citations Data File: Lessons, Insights and Methodological Tools," CEPR Discussion Papers 3094, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rosenberg, Nathan, 1974. "Karl Marx on the Economic Role of Science," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 713-728, July/Aug..
- Frenken, Koen & Saviotti, Paolo P. & Trommetter, Michel, 1999. "Variety and niche creation in aircraft, helicopters, motorcycles and microcomputers," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 469-488, June.
- Roberto Fontana & Alessandro Nuvolari & Bart Verspagen, 2009.
"Mapping technological trajectories as patent citation networks. An application to data communication standards,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(4), pages 311-336.
- Roberto Fontana & Alessandro Nuvolari & Bart Verspagen, 2008. "Mapping Technological Trajectories as Patent Citation Networks. An application to Data Communication Standards," SPRU Working Paper Series 166, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Saviotti, P. P. & Metcalfe, J. S., 1984. "A theoretical approach to the construction of technological output indicators," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 141-151, June.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1993.
"Technological paradigms and technological trajectories : A suggested interpretation of the determinants and directions of technical change,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 102-103, April.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1982. "Technological paradigms and technological trajectories : A suggested interpretation of the determinants and directions of technical change," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 147-162, June.
- Pierre-Jean Benghozi & Petros Kavassalis & R.J. Solomon, 1996. "The Internet : a Paradigmatic Rupture in Cumulative Telecom Evolution," Post-Print hal-00262937, HAL.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg, 2005. "Patents, Citations, and Innovations: A Window on the Knowledge Economy," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026260065x, January.
- Frenken, Koen & Leydesdorff, Loet, 2000. "Scaling trajectories in civil aircraft (1913-1997)," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 331-348, March.
- Koen Frenken & Alessandro Nuvolari, 2004.
"The early development of the steam engine: an evolutionary interpretation using complexity theory,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 419-450, April.
- Frenken, K. & Nuvolari, A., 2003. "The Early Development of the Steam Engine: An Evolutionary Interpretation using Complexity Theory," Working Papers 03.15, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- Mina, A. & Ramlogan, R. & Tampubolon, G. & Metcalfe, J.S., 2007. "Mapping evolutionary trajectories: Applications to the growth and transformation of medical knowledge," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 789-806, June.
- Frenken, Koen, 2000. "A complexity approach to innovation networks. The case of the aircraft industry (1909-1997)," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 257-272, February.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 1995. "Localized Technological Change in the Network of Networks: The Interaction between Regulation and the Evolution of Technology in Telecommunications," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(4), pages 737-754.
- Gambardella, Alfonso & Harhoff, Dietmar & Verspagen, Bart, 2008. "The Value of European Patents," CEPR Discussion Papers 6848, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrea Mina, 2009. "The emergence of new knowledge, market evolution and the dynamics of micro-innovation systems," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(5), pages 447-466.
- Kavassalis, Petros & Solomon, Richard Jay & Benghozi, Pierre-Jean, 1996. "The Internet: A Paradigmatic Rupture in Cumulative Telecom Evolution," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(4), pages 1097-1126.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:wsi:ijitmx:v:14:y:2017:i:01:n:s0219877017400065 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:scient:v:98:y:2014:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-013-1104-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huenteler, Joern & Ossenbrink, Jan & Schmidt, Tobias S. & Hoffmann, Volker H., 2016. "How a product’s design hierarchy shapes the evolution of technological knowledge—Evidence from patent-citation networks in wind power," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(6), pages 1195-1217.
- repec:eee:touman:v:45:y:2014:i:c:p:49-58 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arianna Martinelli & Önder Nomaler, 2014. "Measuring knowledge persistence: a genetic approach to patent citation networks," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 623-652, July.
- repec:spr:scient:v:100:y:2014:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-014-1276-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- ., 2014. "Restructuring among mobile service providers: a ten-year perspective," Chapters,in: Mobile Telecommunications Networks, chapter 1, pages 1-25 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:253:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-016-2294-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huenteler, Joern & Schmidt, Tobias S. & Ossenbrink, Jan & Hoffmann, Volker H., 2016. "Technology life-cycles in the energy sector — Technological characteristics and the role of deployment for innovation," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 102-121.
- Hélène Dernis & Mariagrazia Squicciarini & Roberto Pinho, 2016. "Detecting the emergence of technologies and the evolution and co-development trajectories in science (DETECTS): a ‘burst’ analysis-based approach," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 41(5), pages 930-960, October.
- Epicoco, Marianna, 2013.
"Knowledge patterns and sources of leadership: Mapping the semiconductor miniaturization trajectory,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 180-195.
- Marianna EPICOCO (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113 & DSLW, University of Milan), 2012. "Knowledge patterns and sources of leadership: mapping the semiconductor miniaturization trajectory," Cahiers du GREThA 2012-09, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- repec:eee:infome:v:12:y:2018:i:1:p:259-270 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:respol:v:46:y:2017:i:7:p:1234-1254 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Lixin, 2017. "Do patent citations indicate knowledge linkage? The evidence from text similarities between patents and their citations," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 63-79.
- repec:spr:scient:v:105:y:2015:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-015-1749-5 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPatent citation network; Technology evolution; Telecommunication manufacturing industry;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:41:y:2012:i:2:p:414-429. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.