How does openness affect the importance of incentives for innovation?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sandra E. Black & Lisa M. Lynch, 2004.
"What's driving the new economy?: the benefits of workplace innovation,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(493), pages 97-116, February.
- Sandra E. Black & Lisa M. Lynch, 2000. "What's Driving the New Economy: The Benefits of Workplace Innovation," NBER Working Papers 7479, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sandra E. Black & Lisa M. Lynch, 2003. "What's driving the new economy?: the benefits of workplace innovation," Working Paper Series 2003-23, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, revised 2003.
- Sandra E Black & Lisa M Lynch, 2002. "What's Driving the New Economy? The Benefits of Workplace Innovation," Working Papers 02-03, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Sandra E. Black & Lisa M. Lynch, 2001. "What's driving the new economy? The benefits of workplace innovation," Staff Reports 118, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Wang, Eric C. & Huang, Weichiao, 2007. "Relative efficiency of R&D activities: A cross-country study accounting for environmental factors in the DEA approach," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 260-273, March.
- Lee, Sungjoo & Park, Gwangman & Yoon, Byungun & Park, Jinwoo, 2010. "Open innovation in SMEs--An intermediated network model," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 290-300, March.
- Keld Laursen & Nicolai J. Foss, 2003. "New human resource management practices, complementarities and the impact on innovation performance," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 243-263, March.
- Dahlander, Linus & Gann, David M., 2010. "How open is innovation?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 699-709, July.
- Canice Prendergast, 1999. "The Provision of Incentives in Firms," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(1), pages 7-63, March.
- Adler, Nicole & Golany, Boaz, 2001. "Evaluation of deregulated airline networks using data envelopment analysis combined with principal component analysis with an application to Western Europe," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 260-273, July.
- Danzon, Patricia M. & Nicholson, Sean & Pereira, Nuno Sousa, 2005.
"Productivity in pharmaceutical-biotechnology R&D: the role of experience and alliances,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 317-339, March.
- Patricia M. Danzon & Sean Nicholson & Nuno Sousa Pereira, 2003. "Productivity in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology R&D: The Role of Experience and Alliances," NBER Working Papers 9615, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roman Inderst & Holger M. Mueller, 2010. "CEO Replacement Under Private Information," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(8), pages 2935-2969, August.
- Hofler, Richard A & Payne, James E, 1993. "Efficiency in Social versus Private Agricultural Production: The Case of Yugoslavia," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(1), pages 153-157, February.
- Morck, Randall & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1988. "Management ownership and market valuation," Scholarly Articles 29407535, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Danny Miller & Jean-Marie Toulouse, 1986. "Chief Executive Personality and Corporate Strategy and Structure in Small Firms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(11), pages 1389-1409, November.
- Jacques Mairesse & Bronwyn H. Hall, 1996. "Estimating the Productivity of Research and Development: An Exploration of GMM Methods Using Data on French & United States Manufacturing Firms," NBER Working Papers 5501, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Siegel, Donald S. & Westhead, Paul & Wright, Mike, 2003. "Assessing the impact of university science parks on research productivity: exploratory firm-level evidence from the United Kingdom," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(9), pages 1357-1369, November.
- McConnell, John J. & Servaes, Henri, 1990. "Additional evidence on equity ownership and corporate value," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 595-612, October.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Tanya Menon & Jeffrey Pfeffer, 2003. "Valuing Internal vs. External Knowledge: Explaining the Preference for Outsiders," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(4), pages 497-513, April.
- Boris Lokshin & René Belderbos & Martin Carree, 2008.
"The Productivity Effects of Internal and External R&D: Evidence from a Dynamic Panel Data Model,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(3), pages 399-413, June.
- Lokshin, Boris & Belderbos, René & Carree, Martin, 2007. "The Productivity Effects of Internal and External R&D: Evidence From a Dynamic Panel Data Model," MERIT Working Papers 2007-026, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Fare, Rolf & Shawna Grosskopf & Mary Norris & Zhongyang Zhang, 1994. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 66-83, March.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-325, June.
- Morck, Randall & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1988. "Management ownership and market valuation : An empirical analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 293-315, January.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Golany, B. & Seiford, L. & Stutz, J., 1985. "Foundations of data envelopment analysis for Pareto-Koopmans efficient empirical production functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 91-107.
- Chris Freeman & Luc Soete, 1997. "The Economics of Industrial Innovation, 3rd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 3, volume 1, number 0262061953, December.
- James D. Adams, 2000. "Endogenous R&D Spillovers and Industrial Research Productivity," NBER Working Papers 7484, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael R. Darby & Lynne G. Zucker & Andrew Wang, 2003. "Universities, Joint Ventures, and Success in the Advanced Technology Program," NBER Working Papers 9463, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jean O. Lanjouw & Mark Schankerman, 2004. "Patent Quality and Research Productivity: Measuring Innovation with Multiple Indicators," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(495), pages 441-465, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hasnas, Irina & Lambertini, Luca & Palestini, Arsen, 2014.
"Open Innovation in a dynamic Cournot duopoly,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 79-87.
- I. Hasnas & L. Lambertini & A. Palestini, 2011. "Open Innovation in a Dynamic Cournot Duopoly," Working Papers wp753, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Hasnas, Irina & Lambertini, Luca & Palestini, Arsen, 2013. "Open Innovation in a dynamic Cournot duopoly," DICE Discussion Papers 111, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Stephen Roper & Helen Xia, 2014. "Unpacking open innovation: Absorptive capacity, exploratory and exploitative openness and the growth of entrepreneurial biopharmaceutical firms," Research Papers 0019, Enterprise Research Centre.
- Danny Samson & Marianne Gloet & Prakash Singh, 2017. "Systematic Innovation Capability: Evidence From Case Studies And A Large Survey," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 21(07), pages 1-43, October.
- Shi, Xing & Wu, Yanrui & Fu, Dahai, 2020. "Does University-Industry collaboration improve innovation efficiency? Evidence from Chinese Firms⋄," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 39-53.
- Srinivas Kolluru & Pundarik Mukhopadhaya, 2017. "Empirical Studies on Innovation Performance in the Manufacturing and Service Sectors Since 1995: A Systematic Review," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 36(2), pages 223-248, June.
- Yu-Chun Chen & Min-Nan Chen, 2020. "Social Trust and Open Innovation in an Informal Economy: The Emergence of Shenzhen Mobile Phone Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-18, January.
- Luyun Xu & Jian Li & Xin Zhou, 2019. "Exploring new knowledge through research collaboration: the moderation of the global and local cohesion of knowledge networks," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 822-849, June.
- Guo, Shujuan & Zan, Botao & Sun, Yuan & Zhang, Meili, 2020. "Effects of top managers’ military experience on technological innovation in the transition economies of China," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 153(C).
- Wenjing Wang, 2014. "Do specialists exit the firm outsourcing its R&D?," Economics Working Papers 2014-21, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Hong, Jin & Feng, Bing & Wu, Yanrui & Wang, Liangbing, 2016. "Do government grants promote innovation efficiency in China's high-tech industries?," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 57, pages 4-13.
- Yongseok Jang, 2019. "Entreprenurial Human Capital and Inward Technology Licensing in the Context of New Technology-Based Firms," International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management (IJITM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 16(07), pages 1-20, November.
- Messer, Julia & Martin, Alexander, 2019. "Open Innovation in KMU: Eine empirische Analyse ausgewählter Faktoren," Flensburger Hefte zu Unternehmertum und Mittelstand 18, Dr. Werner Jackstädt-Zentrum für Unternehmertum und Mittelstand Flensburg.
More about this item
KeywordsIncentives; Open innovation; Innovative efficiency;
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
- L24 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Contracting Out; Joint Ventures
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:41:y:2012:i:3:p:512-523. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.