2005, Volume 13, Issue 2
- 135-152 Inefficiencies in European congestion management proposals
by Ehrenmann, Andreas & Smeers, Yves
- 153-162 Nordic congestion's arrangement as a model for Europe? Physical constraints vs. economic incentives
by Glachant, Jean-Michel & Pignon, Virginie
- 163-173 Evolution of electricity markets: Does sequencing matter?
by Neuhoff, Karsten & Newbery, David
- 175-186 Regulatory issues in merchant transmission investment
by Brunekreeft, Gert
2005, Volume 13, Issue 1
- 1-14 Electricity market reform in Argentina: assessing the impact for the poor in Buenos Aires
by Haselip, James & Dyner, Isaac & Cherni, Judith
- 15-25 Pricing of electricity distribution: an empirical efficiency study in Finland, Norway and Sweden
by Kinnunen, Kaisa
- 27-39 Important variables in explaining real-time peak price in the independent power market of Ontario
by Arciniegas Rueda, Ismael E. & Marathe, Achla
- 41-50 Hydrogen energy stations: along the roadside to the hydrogen economy
by Clark, Woodrow W. & Rifkin, Jeremy & O'Connor, Todd & Swisher, Joel & Lipman, Tim & Rambach, Glen
- 51-68 Protecting investors and the environment through financial disclosure
by Repetto, Robert
2004, Volume 12, Issue 4
- 203-210 Infrastructure regulation and investment for the long-term--an introduction
by von Hirschhausen, Christian & Beckers, Thorsten & Brenck, Andreas
- 211-219 Regulatory instruments and investment behaviour
by Burns, Phil & Riechmann, Christoph
- 221-230 Sources of efficiency gains in port reform: a DEA decomposition of a Malmquist TFP index for Mexico
by Estache, Antonio & de la Fe, Beatriz Tovar & Trujillo, Lourdes
- 231-242 Plans, timetables, and delays: progress with railway reform in transition economies
by Carbajo, Jose & Sakatsume, Toshiaki
- 243-251 Long-term investment in electricity: a trade-off between co-ordination and competition?
by Keller, Katja & Wild, Jorg
- 253-267 Insufficient incentives for investment in electricity generations
by Neuhoff, Karsten & De Vries, Laurens
- 269-281 Market-based investment in electricity transmission networks: controllable flow
by Brunekreeft, Gert
- 283-290 Measuring the degree of economic opening in the German electricity market
by Muller, Chr. & Wienken, W.
- 291-302 Prospects of gas supplies to the European market until 2030--results from the simulation model EUGAS
by Perner, J. & Seeliger, A.
- 303-314 The role of investment and regulatory reforms in the development of infrastructure across transition economies
by Vagliasindi, Maria
- 315-322 Maintenance incentives under different infrastructure regimes
by Vickerman, Roger
- 323-331 Internalizing airport congestion
by Nombela, Gustavo & de Rus, Gines & Betancor, Ofelia
2004, Volume 12, Issue 3
- 101-103 Preface
by Smith, Don C.
- 105-108 Introduction
by Trebing, Harry M. & Miller, Edythe S.
- 109-125 Deregulator: Judgment Day for microeconomics
by Keen, Steve
- 127-137 Ten years of experience with deregulating US power markets
by Moody, Diane C.
- 139-152 The Telecommunications Act of 1996: residential rates and competition
by Loube, Robert
- 153-164 'An incomplete hypothesis': deregulation of water and sewerage in Australia
by Sheil, Christopher
- 165-179 US rail freight performance under downsized regulation
by Spychalski, John C. & Swan, Peter F.
- 181-191 Ceremonial dimensions of market-based pollution control instruments: the clean air act and the cap-and-trade model
by Bolduc, Steven R.
- 193-202 Impact of deregulation on the task of commission control
by Haar, Burl W.
2004, Volume 12, Issue 2
- 53-55 Role of UK competition agencies in the regulation and deregulation of utility service industries
by Cubbin, John & Stern, Jon
- 57-59 The role of UK competition agencies in the regulation and deregulation of utility service industries: reflections of a former regulator
by Byatt, Ian
- 61-63 Competition concurrency between the OFT and sector regulators
by Smith, Vincent
- 65-69 Concurrency between OFT and regulators
by Weeds, Helen
- 71-75 Profitability tests in competition law and ex ante regulation
by Marks, Phillipa & Williamson, Brian
- 77-81 Appealing to the UK competition commission
by Geroski, P. A.
- 83-86 The role of the Office of Fair Trading and the Competition Commission in establishing common regulatory practices
by Bolt, Chris
- 87-91 The role of general competition policy standards in utility settings
by Williams, Iestyn
- 93-95 Regulation and competition policy: longer-term boundaries
by Newbery, David M.
- 97-100 The application of competition policies and the development of regulation in the UK--an overview
by Green, Jonathan
2004, Volume 12, Issue 1
- 1-4 Telecommunications: from utility to volatility
by Noam, Eli
- 5-7 The future for UK renewables
by Wolfe, Philip
- 9-28 Harmony or disharmony in the regulation and the promotion of competition in EU telecommunications? A survey of the regulatory offices
by Da[ss]ler, Thoralf & Parker, David
- 29-40 Efficiency and regulatory issues in the Brazilian water and sewage sector: an empirical study
by Tupper, Henrique Cesar & Resende, Marcelo
- 41-50 Privatization of water in the UK and France--What can we learn?
by Dore, Mohammed H. I. & Kushner, Joseph & Zumer, Klemen
- 51-51 Power politics: equity and environment in electricity reform: Washington, DC: World Resources Institute, 2002. xv+175 pp. Paperback. $30.00
by Laird, Frank N.
2003, Volume 11, Issue 4
- 185-189 Should commissions pre-approve a gas utility's hedging activities?1
by Costello, Ken
- 191-201 Independence and discretion in telecommunications regulation: lessons from independent central banks
by Stern, Jon & Trillas, Francesc
- 203-223 Ownership selection in the US electric utility industry
by Savitski, David W.
- 225-240 Regulatory governance in the Latin American telecommunications sector
by Gutierrez, Luis H.
- 241-242 Debate on key issues in US energy policy1: Point: Simple solutions to complex problems require creative approaches
by Clarke II, Woodrow W.
- 242-244 Counterpoint: Electric pricing and US energy policy
by Flippen, Edward L.
2003, Volume 11, Issue 3
- 123-132 Paying for water services: effects of household characteristics
by Kayaga, Sam & Calvert, John & Sansom, Kevin
- 133-142 Benchmarking in the Latin American water sector: the case of Peru
by Corton, Maria Luisa
- 143-154 Revisiting electricity reform: The case for a sustainable development approach
by Dubash, Navroz K.
- 155-167 Failing electricity markets: should we shoot the pools?
by Green, Richard
- 169-183 First steps in power sector reform: the case of China's Guangdong Province
by Andrews-Speed, Philip & Dow, Stephen & Oberheitmann, Andreas & Ramsay, Bruce & Smith, Victor & Wei, Bin
2003, Volume 11, Issue 2
- 59-73 Integrated energy-environment-policy analysis -- a case study of India
by Reddy, B. S. & Balachandra, P.
- 75-86 Assessing the efficiency of US electricity markets
by Arciniegas, Ismael & Barrett, Chris & Marathe, Achla
- 87-94 Room for improvement: increasing the value of energy modeling for policy analysis
by Laitner, J. A. & DeCanio, S. J. & Koomey, J. G. & Sanstad, A. H.
- 95-102 Ensuring adequate generation capacity
by Turvey, R.
- 103-111 Environmental exposures in the US electric utility industry
by Repetto, R. & Henderson, J.
- 113-121 Understanding organizational and institutional changes for management of environmental affairs in the Brazilian petroleum sector
by de Oliveira, Jose Antonio Puppim
2003, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 1-8 Auctions of capacity in network industries
by Stern, J. & Turvey, R.
- 9-20 Capacity auctions in the UK energy sector
by Yarrow, G.
- 21-25 Auctions and Energy Networks1
by Helm, D.
- 27-32 Network capacity auctions: promise and problems
by Newbery, David M.
- 33-38 Auctioning access to networks: evidence and expectations
by McDaniel, T.
- 39-42 Allocation of capacity in the rail industry
by Gibson, Stephen
- 43-46 Auctions of rail capacity?
by Affuso, Luisa
- 47-51 Auctioning capacity at airports
by Maldoom, D.
- 53-57 Airport slot auctions: desirable or feasible?
by Sentance, A.
2001, Volume 10, Issue 3-4
- 115-115 Introduction
by Hern, Richard
- 117-127 Competition and access pricing in the UK water industry
by Hern, R.
- 129-136 Competition law constraints on access charges in the England and Wales water industry
by Aitman, D.
- 137-149 Competition law in telecommunications and its implications for common carriage of water
by Grout, Paul A.
- 151-159 Economically defensible access pricing, competition and preservation of socially desirable cross subsidy
by Baumol, W. J.
- 161-165 Capacity glut grows despite cancellations1
by Sioshansi, Fereidoon P.
- 167-179 Electricity consumers under the state and the private sector: comparing the price performance of the French and UK electricity industries 1990-2000
by Percebois, Jacques & Wright, Philip
- 181-187 The use of a variable cost function in the regulation of the Italian water industry
by Antonioli, B. & Filippini, M.
2001, Volume 10, Issue 2
- 57-61 The California Challenge: energy and the environmental consequences for public utilities
by Clark, Woodrow W.
- 63-73 Hydropower generation and storage, transmission contraints and market power1
by Johnsen, T. A.
- 75-83 A data envelopment analysis of the efficiency of China's thermal power generation
by Lam, Pun-Lee & Shiu, Alice
- 85-97 Economic reform in Europe: integrating and liberalizing the market for services
by Newbery, David M.
- 99-114 Welsh Water: role model or special case?
by Thomas, Dennis
2001, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 1-6 US electricity restructuring experience: hits and misses
by Sioshansi, Fereidoon P.
- 7-11 Municipal solid waste management in China: using commercial management to solve a growing problem
by Suocheng, Dong & Tong, Kurt W. & Yuping, Wu
- 13-24 Implementing the European Commission's water pricing communication: cross-country perspectives
by Hrovatin, Nevenka & Bailey, Stephen J.
- 25-45 The takeover of Enersis: the control of privatized utilities
by Trillas, Francesc
- 47-56 Benchmark of electricity transmission tarrifs in the countries of the internal electricity market of the European Union
by Montero, Fernando Luis Peran & Perez-Arriaga, Ignacio J. & Oderiz, Francisco Javier Rubio
2000, Volume 9, Issue 4
- 159-170 Sustainable regulatory systems: laws, resources, and values
by Berg, Sanford V.
- 171-179 Electricity prices in a competitive market: a preliminary analysis of the deregulated Thai electricity industry
by Pipattanasomporn, M. & Ongsakul, W. & Pacudan, R. & Lefevre, T.
- 181-192 Hyder: the rise and fall of a multi-utility
by Thomas, Dennis
- 193-205 Design and cost analysis of an automatic meter reading system for Electricite du Liban
by Ghajar, Raymond & Khalife, Joe & Richani, Brahim
- 207-218 Infrastructure access pricing and lumpy investments
by Turvey, R.
2000, Volume 9, Issue 3
- 93-105 Towards developing a processual understanding of power sector restructuring: the case of Orissa State Electricity Board
by Thillai Rajan, A. & Anand Ram, V.
- 107-130 Benchmarking and regulation: international electricity experience
by Jamasb, T. & Pollitt, M.
- 131-157 Electricity and telecommunications regulatory institutions in small and developing countries
by Stern, J.
2000, Volume 9, Issue 2
- 47-59 A data envelopment analysis of the levels and determinants of coal-fired electric power generation performance
by Olatubi, Williams O. & Dismukes, David E.
- 61-66 The projected impacts of NOx emissions reductions on electricity prices: a case study for the State of Indiana
by Gotham, Douglas J. & Holland, Forrest D. & Nderitu, David G.
- 67-71 Looking back at SFAS no. 90: how it affected nuclear electric utilities
by Martin, L. Ann & Subramaniam, Chandra & Vigeland, Robert L.
- 73-80 Bilateral contracts and the spot market for electricity: some observations on the British and the NordPool experiences
by Herguera, Inigo
- 81-92 On the regulatory application of efficiency measures
by Rossi, Martin Antonio & Ruzzier, Christian Alejandro
2000, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-13 A few things transport regulators should know about risk and the cost of capital
by Alexander, Ian & Estache, Antonio & Oliveri, Adele
- 15-29 The electricity supply industry in Germany: market power or power of the market?
by Brunekreeft, Gert & Keller, Katja
- 31-46 A counterfactual price analysis of British electricity privatisation
by Branston, J. R.
1999, Volume 8, Issue 4
- 199-211 Transmission pricing and expansion methodology: lessons from Argentina
by Anderson, Kent P. & McCarthy, Amy
- 213-221 Active Market Share: measuring competitiveness in retail energy markets
by Loomis, David & Malm, Eric
- 223-232 Corporate planning: post-privatization change in a UK electricity utility
by Jennings, David
- 233-246 Regulating Scottish water: [regulatory reform in the Scottish water industry: recent progress and future prospects]
by Sawkins, John W. & Dickie, Valerie A.
- 247-250 Multi-utility finance: a problematic case
by Thomas, Dennis & Zaman, Mahbub
1999, Volume 8, Issue 3
- 139-158 Understanding how market power can arise in network competition: a game theoretic approach
by Berry, Carolyn A. & Hobbs, Benjamin F. & Meroney, William A. & O'Neill, Richard P. & StewartJr, William R.
- 159-171 Electricity sector restructuring in Belgium during the 90's
by Verbruggen, Aviel & Vanderstappen, Erwin
- 173-182 The liberalisation of the internal market for electricity: what choices for Italy?
by Giulietti, Monica & Sicca, Renato
- 183-197 Modeling electricity trade policy for the twelve nations of the Southern African Power Pool (SAPP)
by Bowen, Brian H. & Sparrow, F. T. & Yu, Zuwei
1999, Volume 8, Issue 2
- 75-81 Separating and measuring the regulation and load-following ancillary services
by Hirst, Eric & Kirby, Brendan
- 83-98 The practice of access pricing: telecommunications in the United Kingdom
by Valletti, Tommaso M.
- 99-108 Electricity networks: how 'natural' is the monopoly?
by Kunneke, Rolf W.
- 109-119 Productivity growth, capacity utilization, and technological progress in the natural gas industry
by Lee, Jeong-Dong & Oh, Kyung Joon & Kim, Tai-Yoo
- 121-137 Setting stranded costs for retail-turned wholesale customers: why FERC needs to change its approach
by Basheda, Gregory N.
1999, Volume 8, Issue 1
- 1-15 New gas in old pipes: opening the UK residential gas market to competition
by Waddams Price, Catherine & Bennett, Matthew
- 17-31 Wright tariffs in the Spanish electricity industry: The case of residential consumption
by Castro-Rodriguez, Fidel
- 33-50 Regulatory governance: criteria for assessing the performance of regulatory systems: An application to infrastructure industries in the developing countries of Asia
by Stern, Jon & Holder, Stuart
- 51-59 Merger market power analysis: Pacific Enterprises and Enova Corporation
by Bailey, Shawn
- 61-73 Changing role of regulation: lessons from US spectrum auctions
by Jain, Rekha
1999, Volume 7, Issue 4
- 191-199 Public-interest research and development in the electric and gas utility industries
by Blumstein, C. & Wiel, S.
- 201-219 Issues in electricity planning with computer models: illustrations with Elfin and WASP
by Rosekrans, Spreck & Kirshner, Daniel & Marnay, Chris
- 221-232 A structured approach to Asset Management within the electricity industry
by Hoskins, R. P. & Brint, A. T. & Strbac, G.
- 233-242 Modeling competition in electric energy markets by equilibrium constraints
by Ramos, Andres & Ventosa, Mariano & Rivier, Michel
- 243-257 Measuring a dominant firm's market power in a restructured electricity market, a case study of Colorado
by Sweetser, Al
- 259-268 Market power in the Nordic electricity market
by Halseth, Arve
1998, Volume 7, Issue 3
- 129-141 The regulator's review of the English Electricity Pool
by Newbery, David M.
- 143-154 An estimation of UK telephone access demand using Pseudo-Panel data
by Gassner, Katharina
- 155-162 Capacity and economies of scale in electric power transmission
by Dismukes, David E. & Cope III, Robert F. & Mesyanzhinov, Dmitry
- 163-188 Space-time prices of wholesale electricity in England and Wales
by Macatangay, Rafael Emmanuel A.
1998, Volume 7, Issue 2
- 63-74 England's wholesale electricity market: could this hybrid institutional arrangement be transposed to the European Union?1
by Glachant, Jean-Michel
- 75-85 Regression versus data envelopment analysis for efficiency measurement: an application to the England and Wales regulated water industry
by Cubbin, John & Tzanidakis, George
- 87-94 Voltage control in a changing US electricity industry
by Kirby, Brendan & Hirst, Eric
- 95-105 Privatizing water supply in Hong Kong
by Lam, Pun-Lee & Chan, Yue-Cheong
- 107-119 Green power marketing: increasing customer demand for renewable energy
by Wiser, Ryan H.
1998, Volume 7, Issue 1
- 1-13 Regulatory trade-offs in the design of concession contracts
by Crampes, Claude & Estache, Antonio
- 15-22 Introducing competition to the electricity industry in Spain: the role of initial conditions
by Kahn, Edward
- 23-33 Cogeneration and taxation in a liberalized Nordic power market
by Olsen, Ole Jess & Munksgaard, Jesper
- 35-45 Water companies and river environments: the external costs of water abstraction
by Willis, Kenneth G & Garrod, Guy D
- 47-62 DSM shareholder incentives: recent designs and economic theory
by Eto, J. & Stoft, S. & Kito, S.
1997, Volume 6, Issue 4
- 271-281 Restructuring of Ontario's electricity supply system: an analysis of the proposals
by Doucet, Joseph A. & Heyes, Anthony G.
- 283-292 Inefficiencies in electricity pricing in England and Wales
by Turvey, Ralph & Cory, Brian
- 293-301 Regulation through comparative performance evaluation
by Powell, Kirsty & Szymanski, Stefan
- 303-315 Price cap regulation, profitability and returns to investors in the UK regulated industries
by Parker, David
- 317-324 Network externalities--the economics of universal access
by Michie, Jonathan
- 325-339 The diversification strategies of the privatised water and sewarage companies in England and Wales: a resource based view
by McGuinness, Tony & Thomas, Dennis
- 341-348 The achievements and trend of tariff reform in China--The experience in Shandong Province
by Liang, X. & Goel, L.
1997, Volume 6, Issue 3
- 177-184 Electricity transmission pricing: an international comparison
by Green, Richard
- 185-193 Transmission pricing in England and Wales
by Green, Richard
- 195-201 Pricing of open-access transmission services in Texas
by Baughman, Martin L.
- 203-210 Transmission pricing in Japan
by Asano, Hiroshi & Tsukamoto, Yukitoki
- 211-218 Transmission pricing practices in South America
by Rudnick, Hugh & Raineri, Ricardo
- 219-226 Transmission pricing in Norway
by Braten, Jan
- 227-235 Transmission pricing in New Zealand
by Read, E. G.
- 237-244 Transmission pricing in California's proposed electricity market
by Bushnell, J. & Oren, S.
- 245-256 Toward regional transmission provision and its pricing in New England
by Ilic, Marija D. & Yoon, Yong T. & Zobian, Assef & Paravalos, Mary Ellen
- 257-270 An introduction to the pricing of electric power transmission
by Hsu, Michael
- iii-iii Introduction
by Huntington, Hillard G.
1997, Volume 6, Issue 2
- 87-96 Local telephone pricing: competitive forces at work
by Knittel, Christopher R.
- 97-105 The introduction of direct access in New Zealand's electricity market
by Bergara, Mario E. & Spiller, Pablo T.
- 107-116 Labour's proposed windfall levy: An analysis
by Siner, Martin
- 117-126 The 1996 reform of the electricity supply industry in The Netherlands
by Brunekreeft, Gert
- 127-135 The effects of various factors on estimates of electric-utility transition costs
by Hadley, Stan & Hirst, Eric & Baxter, Lester
- 137-149 Determining the incremental value of residential energy information systems: a clear approach to an uncertain future
by Rufo, Michael W. & North, Alan S. & Owashi, Leslie D.
- 151-161 Impact of information and communication technologies on residential customer energy services
by Goldman, C. A. & Farber, M. & Scheer, R.
- 163-176 Information systems requirements for a deregulated electric power industry: Assessment and perspectives from the 1996 Informatics Workshop
by Pickle, Steven J. & Marnay, Chris & Olken, Frank
1997, Volume 6, Issue 1
- 1-8 Determining the regulatory asset base for utility price regulation
by Newbery, David M.
- 9-19 Equity and efficiency of unit commitment in competitive electricity markets
by Johnson, Raymond B. & Oren, Shmuel S. & Svoboda, Alva J.
- 21-34 Regulatory restructuring in the United States
by Perl, Lewis J.
- 35-41 Disamenity externalities from utility networks
by Willis, K. G. & Garrod, G. D.
- 43-55 The theory and practice of decoupling utility revenues from sales
by Eto, Joseph & Stoft, Steven & Belden, Timothy
- 57-65 Regulating access to the railway network
by Kennedy, David
- 67-74 Access regulation: the new Australian model
by Maddock, Rodney & Marshall, Anthony
- 75-85 On energy efficiency-related product strategies--illustrated and analysed using contracting approaches in Germany as an example
by Helle, Christoph
1995, Volume 5, Issue 3-4
- 167-174 Combined heat and power, economies of scale and option appraisal
by Blakemore, F. B. & Davies, C. & Jones, K.
- 175-184 Understanding net lost revenue adjustment mechanisms and their effects on utility finances
by Baxter, Lester W.
- 185-197 The use of area-specific utility costs to target intensive DSM campaigns
by Swisher, Joel & Orans, Ren
- 199-206 Utilities contracting and the EU procurement rules : National contract awards behaviour under the EU directives
by Cox, Andrew & Furlong, Paul
- 207-218 The OFFER electricity distribution review and its aftermath : A regional electricity company's perspective
by Westlake, Bob & Beckett, Ron
- 219-236 Market power in California electricity markets
by Borenstein, Severin & Bushnell, James & Kahn, Edward & Stoft, Steven
- 237-249 Transportation DSM: building on electric utility experience
by Hillsman, Edward L.
- 251-256 Economic regulators -- are we an endangered species?
by Chataway, Christopher
1995, Volume 5, Issue 2
- 87-93 The effect of short recovery period investments on least-cost generation system expansion
by Yi Qun He & Kumar David, A. & Fernando, Preminda N.
- 95-108 Restructuring the South African electricity supply industry : Appropriate governance in a newly democratized South Africa
by Steyn, Grove
- 109-113 Strategic consumers' reactions to conservation incentives
by Wirl, Franz
- 115-119 An analysis of price-cap sliding-scale regulation
by Fraser, Rob
- 121-126 Changes in the market structure of the US utility sector and potential implications
by Packey, Daniel J.
- 127-146 Competition and regulation in Europe's network industries from theoretical approach to sectorial application
by Bouttes, Jean-Paul & Leban, Raymond
- 147-164 LRMC and charging the polluter : The case of industrial waste water in Ireland
by Scott, Sue
1995, Volume 5, Issue 1
- 3-11 Impact of power purchases from non-utilities on the utility cost of capital
by Kahn, Edward & Stoft, Steven & Belden, Timothy
- 13-25 Review of US utility demand-side bidding programs : Impacts, costs, and cost-effectiveness
by Goldman, Charles A. & Kito, Michele S.
- 27-36 Yardstick competition in the English and Welsh water industry Fiction or reality?
by Sawkins, John W.
- 37-45 How integrated resource planning for US electric utilities affects shareholder interests
by Hadley, Stan & Hirst, Eric
- 47-53 Issues in assessing the cost-effectiveness of coordinated DSM programs
by Hill, Lawrence J. & Brown, Marilyn A.
- 55-63 Energy efficiency advocacy groups Factors affecting their influence on DSM and IRP
by English, Mary R. & Schweitzer, Martin & Schexnayder, Susan & Altman, John A.