European Journal of Operational Research
1994, Volume 76, Issue 1
- 143-154 Use of a fuzzy theory technique for grouping of trips in the vehicle routing and scheduling problem
by Kagaya, Seiichi & Kikuchi, Shinya & Donnelly, Robert A.
- 155-164 A fuzzy approach to the vessel dispatching problem
by Vukadinovic, Katarina & Teodorovic, Dusan
- 165-175 A dynamic allocation rule for the funding of projects and its long-run properties
by Stadje, W.
- 176-191 A 0-1 goal programming model for scheduling multiple maintenance projects at a copper mine
by Chen, Vincent Y. X.
- 192-205 Heuristics for scheduling resource-constrained projects in MPM networks
by Zhan, Ji
- 206-217 Determining priorities for projects with uncertain benefits: an application to data management
by Ballou, Donald P. & Tayi, Giri Kumar
- 218-228 On a paper by Christofides et al. for solving the multiple-resource constrained, single project scheduling problem
by Demeulemeester, Erik & Herroelen, Willy & Simpson, Wendell P. & Baroum, Sami & Patterson, James H. & Yang, Kum-Khiong
- 229-239 A clustering heuristic to detect staircase structures in large scale linear programming models
by Jayakumar, Maliyakal D. & Ramasesh, Ranga V.
1994, Volume 75, Issue 3
- 475-476 Emerging trends in risk management
by Brehmer, Berndt & Eriksson, Erik Anders & Wulff, Petter
- 477-487 Models, modelling and modellers: an application to risk analysis
by Wahlstrom, Bjorn
- 488-498 Overview of problems of risk management of accidents with dangerous chemicals in Europe
by Haastrup, Palle
- 499-507 Safe transport of dangerous goods: road, rail or sea? A screening of technical and administrative factors
by Andersson, Sven-Eric
- 508-520 A real-time routing model for hazardous materials
by Beroggi, Giampiero E. G.
- 521-539 A probabilistic method for analyzing the reliability effect of time and organizational factors
by Reer, Bernhard
- 540-552 Psychological aspects of traffic safety
by Brehmer, Berndt
- 553-566 Costs of occupational accidents and diseases in Norway
by Rognstad, Kirsten
- 567-581 Developing and validating a decision support system for locating emergency medical vehicles in Louisville, Kentucky
by Repede, John F. & Bernardo, John J.
- 582-588 The relocation of ambulance stations: A successful case study
by McAleer, W. E. & Naqvi, I. A.
- 589-599 Barter contracts in intertemporal energy exchange
by Ruusunen, Jukka
- 600-616 Diffusion models in forecasting: A comparison with the Box-Jenkins approach
by Gottardi, Giorgio & Scarso, Enrico
- 617-633 An empirical comparison of utility assessment programs
by Kimbrough, Steven O. & Weber, Martin
- 634-646 An optimal state-age dependent replacement for a network system
by Feng, W. & Adachi, K. & Kowada, M.
- 647-658 The constant fallacy: A persistent logical flaw in applications of Lanchester's equations
by Helmbold, Robert L.
1994, Volume 75, Issue 2
- 243-263 Batching decisions: structure and models
by Kuik, Roelof & Salomon, Marc & van Wassenhove, Luk N.
- 264-274 Flexibility and product variety in lot-sizing models
by de Groote, Xavier
- 275-286 On practical resource allocation for production planning and scheduling with period overlapping setups
by Dillenberger, Christof & Escudero, Laureano F. & Wollensak, Artur & Zhang, Wu
- 287-295 Lot sizing for a product subject to obsolescence or perishability
by Jain, Karuna & Silver, Edward A.
- 296-311 A heuristic for dynamic multi-item multi-level capacitated lotsizing for general product structures
by Tempelmeier, Horst & Helber, Stefan
- 312-331 Using geometric techniques to improve dynamic programming algorithms for the economic lot-sizing problem and extensions
by van Hoesel, Stan & Wagelmans, Albert & Moerman, Bram
- 332-341 A new heuristic approach for the multi-item dynamic lot sizing problem
by Kirca, Omer & Kokten, Melih
- 342-353 A linear description of the discrete lot-sizing and scheduling problem
by van Hoesel, Stan & Kolen, Antoon
- 354-364 Feasibility of scheduling lot sizes of two frequencies on one machine
by Glass, Celia A.
- 365-377 A job-splitting heuristic for lot-size scheduling in multi-stage, multi-product production processes
by El-Najdawi, M. K.
- 378-394 Lot streaming in three-stage production processes
by Glass, C. A. & Gupta, J. N. D. & Potts, C. N.
- 395-404 The discrete lot-sizing and scheduling problem with sequence-dependent setup costs
by Fleischmann, Bernhard
- 405-412 Multi-level production-inventory control: Material requirements planning or reorder point policies?
by Axsater, Sven & Rosling, Kaj
- 413-426 Integration of lotsizing and scheduling decisions in a job-shop
by Dauzere-Peres, Stephane & Lasserre, Jean-Bernard
- 427-440 An effective algorithm for the capacitated single item lot size problem
by Chung, Chia-Shin & Flynn, James & Lin, Chien-Hua Mike
- 441-461 Cyclic scheduling to minimize inventory in a batch flow line
by Dobson, Gregory & Arai Yano, Candace
- 462-466 A simple lower bound to the dynamic assembly problem
by Atkins, Derek R.
- 467-468 Comments on "Balancing capacity and lot sizes" by J. Olhager and B. Rapp (European Journal of Operational Research 19, 337-344)
by Rosling, Kaj
- 469-473 Different approaches to a flow shop problem
by Olhager, Jan & Rapp, Birger
1994, Volume 75, Issue 1
- 1-12 A review of optimisation models of Kanban-based production systems
by Price, Wilson & Gravel, Marc & Nsakanda, Aaron Luntala
- 13-40 Alternative optimization strategies for large-scale production-allocation problems
by Lootsma, F. A.
- 41-61 Solving the staircase cost facility location problem with decomposition and piecewise linearization
by Holmberg, Kaj
- 62-73 An heuristic algorithm for the production line layout problem
by Gutierrez, J. M. & Mata, V.
- 74-88 An analytical framework for comparing material requirements planning to reorder point systems
by Bregman, Robert L.
- 89-99 Evaluating the impact of lead time uncertainty in material requirements planning systems
by Ho, Chrwan-jyh & Lau, Hon-Shiang
- 100-111 Simulated annealing procedures for forming machine cells in group technology
by Chen, W. -H. & Srivastava, B.
- 112-135 A decomposition approach for a resource constrained scheduling problem
by Serafini, P. & Speranza, M. G.
- 136-150 On incorporating business risk into continuous review inventory models
by Singhal, Vinod R. & Raturi, Amitabh S. & Bryant, John
- 151-170 Solving a class of network models for dynamic flow control
by Carey, Malachy & Srinivasan, Ashok
- 171-185 Traffic allocation for manufacturing systems
by Tang, Christopher S. & van Vliet, Mario
- 186-199 Production allocation with dual provisioning
by Ahmadi, Reza H. & Tang, Christopher S.
- 200-216 Expected waiting times in single-device trip-based material handling systems
by Bozer, Yavuz A. & Cho, Myeon-Sig & Srinivasan, Mandyam M.
- 217-232 A branch-and-bound approach for spare unit allocation in a series system
by Sung, C. S. & Lee, H. K.
- 233-234 Comment on "The facility layout problem"
by Bharitkar, Sunil & Tsuchiya, Kazuhiro & Takefuji, Yoshiyasu
- 235-237 A note on the article "An improved version of Wang's algorithm for two-dimensional cutting problems" written by J.F. Oliveira and J.S. Ferreira, Volume 44, 1990, pp. 256-266
by Holthaus, Oliver
- 238-241 A remark on "Integer linear programming formulation for a Vehicle Routing Problem" by N.R. Achutan and L. Caccetta, or how to use the Clark & Wright savings to write such integer linear programming formulations
by Naddef, Denis
1994, Volume 74, Issue 3
- 379-390 Fuzzy sets theory applications in traffic and transportation
by Teodorovic, Dusan
- 391-406 Unified interactive multiple objective programming
by Gardiner, Lorraine R. & Steuer, Ralph E.
- 407-419 Avoiding rank reversal in AHP decision-support models
by Schenkerman, Stan
- 420-425 Reply to Schenkerman's avoiding rank reversal in AHP decision support models
by Vargas, Luis G.
- 426-447 Highlights and critical points in the theory and application of the Analytic Hierarchy Process
by Saaty, Thomas L.
- 448-465 Throughput analysis in manufacturing networks
by Bitran, G. R. & Sarkar, D.
- 466-478 Stochastic frontier production analysis: Measuring performance of public telecommunications in 24 OECD countries
by Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki
- 479-494 Mathematical programming models for ownership and control of European and American groups of companies
by Kornbluth, J. S. H. & Salkin, G. R.
- 495-508 The log bucking problem: A comparison of dynamic programming versus branch and bound
by Bobrowski, Paul M.
- 509-518 Overlapping machine groups in semiconductor wafer fabrication
by Johri, Pravin K.
- 519-527 A decision modes for shift scheduling of nurses
by Siferd, Sue Perrott & Benton, W. C.
- 528-539 Stochastic allocation of a resource among partially interchangeable activities
by Martel, Alain & Ouellet, Jean
- 540-551 Working set generation methods for labor tour scheduling
by Bechtold, Stephen E. & Brusco, Michael J.
- 552-571 The dynamics of make or buy decisions
by Balakrishnan, Srinivasan
- 572-581 On the role of discrete bid levels in oral auctions
by Rothkopf, Michael H. & Harstad, Ronald M.
1994, Volume 74, Issue 2
- 197-581 Editorial
by Martikainen, Teppo & Virtanen, Ilkka & Yli-Olli, Paavo
- 198-229 World wide security market regularities
by Ziemba, William T.
- 230-242 Distributional analysis to model atypical behavior
by Baestaens, Dirk-Emma
- 243-256 An interest rate risk management model for commercial banks
by Bessler, Wolfgang & Geoffrey Booth, G.
- 257-272 Threshold margins, growth, and inflation: Creating real economic value
by Doyle, Barry & Blakely, Daniel L. & Murray, L. William
- 273-283 Nonlinear dependence in Finnish stock returns
by Booth, G. Geoffrey & Martikainen, Teppo & Sarkar, Salil K. & Virtanen, Ilkka & Yli-Olli, Paavo
- 284-293 A diagnostic model for improving the efficiency of an existing portfolio
by Bradfield, David J.
- 294-309 A market utility approach to investment valuation
by Kasanen, Eero & Trigeorgis, Lenos
- 310-324 The theory of geometric stable distributions and its use in modeling financial data
by Kozubowski, Tomasz J. & Rachev, Svetlozar T.
- 325-343 The diversification of currency loans: A comparison between safety-first and mean-variance criteria
by Seppala, Juha
- 344-349 The economic explanation of the strategy of a self financing firm during the recession period
by Verheyen, Piet A.
- 350-358 Evaluating probabilistic forecasts of stock prices in a developing stock market
by Onkal, Dilek & Muradoglu, Gulnur
- 359-377 The economic value of stock and call options on the Swedish financial market
by Ostermark, Ralf & Aaltonen, Jaana
1994, Volume 74, Issue 1
- 1-17 Equity measurement in facility location analysis: A review and framework
by Marsh, Michael T. & Schilling, David A.
- 18-49 Multiproduct integrated production--distribution systems
by Pyke, David F. & Cohen, Morris A.
- 50-60 Valuing fixed price supply contracts
by Kamrad, Bardia & Ritchken, Peter
- 61-69 Measuring dynamic efficiency under risk aversion
by Sengupta, Jati K.
- 70-77 An insight into dynamic channel assignment in cellular mobile communications systems
by Johri, Pravin K.
- 78-85 A stochastic dominance analysis of ranked voting systems with scoring
by Stein, William E. & Mizzi, Philip J. & Pfaffenberger, Roger C.
- 86-94 A multi-echelon queueing model with dynamic priority scheduling
by Gupta, Amit & Webster, Scott
- 95-110 A decomposition approximation for finite-buffered flow lines of exponential queues
by Springer, Mark C.
- 111-119 Scheduling jobs to minimize total cost
by Chen, Y. L.
- 120-127 Scheduling jobs with release times on a machine with finite storage
by Nawijn, W. M. & Kern, W. & Baas, S.
- 128-134 A note on worst-case analysis of approximation algorithms for a scheduling problem
by Nowicki, Eugeniusz & Smutnicki, Czeslaw
- 135-142 A search strategy for the one-size assortment problem
by Yanasse, Horacio Hideki
- 143-151 Value considerations in three-dimensional packing -- A heuristic procedure using the fractional knapsack problem
by Mohanty, Bidhu B. & Mathur, Kamlesh & Ivancic, Nancy J.
- 152-160 Decomposition method application to a large scale linear programming WIP projection model
by Kim, Jong Soo & Leachman, Robert C.
- 161-169 A computational analysis of the Auction algorithm
by Schwartz, B. L.
- 170-178 An approximate algorithm for nonlinear integer programming
by Vassilev, Vassil & Genova, Krassimira
- 179-187 Stability in multiobjective possibilistic linear programs
by Fuller, Robert & Fedrizzi, Mario
- 188-195 An ordered independence system and its applications to scheduling problems
by Lin, Yixun
1994, Volume 73, Issue 3
- 407-422 Review of delay-time OR modelling of engineering aspects of maintenance
by Baker, R. D. & Christer, A. H.
- 423-429 A generalized oil exploration problem
by Benkherouf, Lakdere
- 430-442 An information-economics approach to quality control attribute sampling
by Ronen, Boaz
- 443-449 Weighted matching with vertex weights: An application to scheduling training sessions in NASA space shuttle cockpit simulators
by Bell, Colin E.
- 450-457 The case for research in decision support systems
by Syam, Sid S. & Courtney, James F.
- 458-464 Determination of reorder points for spare parts in a two-echelon inventory system: The case of non identical maintenance facilities
by Shtub, Avraham & Simon, Moti
- 465-471 Ordering policies for the cyclical replenishment problem given leadtime-dependent discounts
by Matta, Khalil F.
- 472-479 Maximal wearing-out of a deteriorating system: An optimal stopping approach
by Stadje, W.
- 480-486 An adaptive statistical method for the discriminant problem
by Markowski, Carol A.
- 487-494 Efficiency improvement in data envelopment analysis
by Kao, Chiang
- 495-501 Solution procedures for cutting lumber into furniture parts
by Carnieri, Celso & Mendoza, Guillermo A. & Gavinho, Luciano G.
- 502-509 On tabu search for the location of interacting hub facilities
by Skorin-Kapov, Darko & Skorin-Kapov, Jadranka
- 510-516 Weights improvement in column aggregation
by Storoy, Sverre
- 517-523 Strong linear programming relaxations for the orienteering problem
by Leifer, Adrienne C. & Rosenwein, Moshe B.
- 524-531 Controlled dual perturbations for central path trajectories in geometric programming
by Zhu, J. & Kortanek, K. O. & Huang, S.
- 532-538 An algorithm for decomposing the parametric space in multiobjective dynamic programming problems
by Abo-Sinna, Mahmoud A. & Hussein, Mohammad L.
- 539-546 Obtaining clique, cover and coefficient reduction inequalities as Chvatal-Gomory inequalities and Gomory fractional cuts
by Dietrich, B. L. & Escudero, L. F.
- 547-554 Derivation of duality in mathematical programming and optimization theory
by Johri, Pravin K.
- 555-561 A multi-KP modeling for the maximum-clique problem
by Della Croce, Federico & Tadei, Roberto
- 562-568 The three-dimensional bottleneck assignment problem with capacity constraints
by Geetha, S. & Vartak, M. N.
- 569-576 Complexity of a class of nonlinear combinatorial problems related to their linear counterparts
by Sethi, Suresh P. & Kubiak, Wieslaw
- 577-582 Pseudo-invexity and symmetric duality in nonlinear fractional programming
by Nanda, S. & Das, L. N.
- 583-589 On some classes of matrices related to solving linear complementarity problems as linear programs
by Foul, Abdelaziz
- 590-596 A global approach for general 0-1 fractional programming
by Li, Han-Lin
1994, Volume 73, Issue 2
- 205-208 EJOR special issue on stochastic control theory and operational research
by Neck, Reinhard
- 209-225 Applicable stochastic control: From theory to practice
by Tapiero, Charles S.
- 226-236 Optimum design of measurement channels and control policies for linear-quadratic stochastic systems
by Basar, Tamer & Bansal, Rajesh
- 237-251 Boundedly optimal control of piecewise deterministic systems
by Haurie, A. & Leizarowitz, A. & van Delft, Ch.
- 252-264 Some comments on a simple nonlinear filter with application to adaptive control
by Christopeit, N.
- 265-278 Modeling economic time series by forward and backward state space innovation models and IV estimators
by Aoki, Masanao
- 279-294 On polychotomous search problems
by Hinderer, Karl & Stieglitz, Michael
- 295-303 Risk-sensitivity, large deviations and stochastic control
by Whittle, P.
- 304-318 Stochastic and robust control of nonlinear economic systems
by Rustem, Berc
- 319-330 On the complexity of linear quadratic control
by Norman, Alfred Lorn
- 331-345 Optimal feedback production planning in a stochastic two-machine flowshop
by Lou, S. & Sethi, S. P. & Zhang, Q.
- 346-359 Aggregate production planning by stochastic control
by Shen, Randolph F. C.
- 360-373 The stochastic dynamic product cycling problem
by Karmarkar, Uday S. & Yoo, Jinsung
- 374-383 A dynamic model of the firm with uncertain earnings and adjustment costs
by Kort, Peter M.
- 384-405 Stochastic optimum control of macroeconometric models using the algorithm OPTCON
by Neck, Reinhard & Matulka, Josef
1994, Volume 73, Issue 1
- 1-16 Models for the optimization of regional wastewater treatment systems
by de Melo, Joao Joanaz & Camara, Antonio S.
- 17-22 A goal programming approach to investment decisions: A case study of fund allocation among different shopping malls
by Khorramshahgol, Reza & Okoruwa, A. Ason
- 23-26 On operational research and decision aid
by Roy, Bernard
- 27-32 A note on the predictability of Finnish stock market returns: Evidence from stock index futures markets
by Martikainen, Teppo & Puttonen, Vesa
- 33-38 The short-run shutdown decision when output price and initial wealth are random
by Sproule, R. A.
- 39-43 A compromise solution for claims problems
by Lahiri, Somdeb
- 44-49 The value of a firm with periodically changing profitability
by Ghezzi, Luca Luigi
- 50-54 EOQ models with general demand and holding cost functions
by Goh, M.
- 55-64 Determining optimal pool size of a temporary call-in work force
by Berman, Oded & Larson, Richard C.
- 65-69 A parts selection model with one-way substitution
by Chand, Suresh & Ward, James E. & Kevin Weng, Z.
- 70-75 Multivariate multiple linear regression based on the minimum sum of absolute errors criterion
by Narula, Subhash C. & Korhonen, Pekka J.
- 76-84 Decision making by classical test procedures using an optimal level of significance
by Das, C.
- 85-94 Combining regression diagnostics with simulation metamodels
by Panis, Renato P. & Myers, Raymond H. & Houck, Ernest C.
- 95-102 Simultaneous determination of capacities and load in parallel M/M/1 queues
by Lee, Heeseok
- 103-113 Practical methods for queue length behaviour for bulk service queues of the form M/G0,C/1 and M(t)/G0,C/1
by Mejia-Tellez, Juan & Worthington, David
- 114-126 The median tour and maximal covering tour problems: Formulations and heuristics
by Current, John R. & Schilling, David A.
- 127-131 An approximation algorithm for the license and shift class design problem
by Jansen, Klaus
- 132-138 Discharge allocation for hydro-electric generating stations
by Klein, E. M. & Sim, S. H.
- 139-143 Some results concerning post-infeasibility analysis
by Chakravarti, Nilotpal
- 144-149 A note on deriving weights from pairwise comparison ratio matrices
by Hashimoto, Akihiro
- 150-163 Constructing the set of efficient objective values in linear multiple objective transportation problems
by Gallagher, Richard J. & Saleh, Ossama A.
- 164-166 Characterizing an optimal solution to the linear bilevel programming problem
by Liu, Yi-Hsin & Hart, Stephen M.
- 167-168 On the Dietrich-Escudero approach for solving the 0-1 knapsack problem with a 0-1 objective function
by Escudero, L. F. & Perez, G. & Garin, A.
- 169-171 A computational note on the Martello-Toth knapsack algorithm
by Vasko, Francis J.
- 172-174 The Newton direction and the cutting plane
by Gaudioso, M. & Monaco, M. F.
- 175-180 On the generalized 2-peripatetic salesman problem
by De Kort, J. B. J. M. & Volgenant, A.
- 181-184 An experimental comparison of three heuristics for the WVCP
by Laursen, Per. S.
- 185-187 Comment on elmaghraby and herroelen's "The scheduling of activities to maximize the net present value of projects"
by Sepil, Canan
- 188-191 A computational improvement for a shortest paths ranking algorithm
by de Azevedo, JoseAugusto & Silvestre Madeira, Joaquim Joao E. R. & Vieira Martins, Ernesto Q. & Pires, Filipe Manuel A.
- 192-198 A linear time algorithm to solve the weighted perfect domination problem in series-parallel graphs
by Yen, Chain-Chin & Lee, R. C. T.
- 199-204 The growth of multi-constraint random knapsacks with various right-hand sides of the constraints
by Szkatula, Krzysztof
1994, Volume 72, Issue 3
- 443-459 Rough set approach to multi-attribute decision analysis
by Pawlak, Zdzisaw & Sowinski, Roman
- 460-468 Blending modelling in a process manufacturing: A case study
by Ashayeri, J. & van Eijs, A. G. M. & Nederstigt, P.
- 469-484 The process of multiattribute decision making: A case study of selecting applicants for a Ph.D. program
by Davey, Anne & Olson, David & Wallenius, Jyrki
- 485-502 A dynamic model of manufacturing quality's effect on optimal advertising and pricing policies
by Narasimhan, Ram & Ghosh, Soumen
- 503-517 Coordination of production and distribution planning
by Chandra, Pankaj & Fisher, Marshall L.
- 518-528 Energy planning under import restrictions
by Guven, Caglar
- 529-544 Batch-scheduling problems to minimize actual flow times of parts through the shop under JIT environment
by Halim, Abdul Hakim & Miyazaki, Shigeji & Ohta, Hiroshi
- 545-557 Capacitated lot sizing under setup learning
by Pratsini, Eleni & Camm, Jeffrey D. & Raturi, Amitabh S.
- 558-573 Performance approximation of pick-to-belt orderpicking systems
by de Koster, Rene
- 574-587 Nonlinear integer bilevel programming
by Jan, Rong-Hong & Chern, Maw-Sheng
- 588-597 A graph approximation heuristic for the vertex cover problem on planar graphs
by Meek, D. L. & Gary Parker, R.
- 598-601 Homogeneity and clustering in AHP ensures the validity of the scale
by Saaty, Thomas L.
- 602-606 Modelling location and sizing of offshore platforms
by Hansen, Pierre & de Luna Pedrosa Filho, Eugenio & Carneiro Ribeiro, Celso
- 607-609 The multi-level uncapacitated facility location problem is not submodular
by Barros, A. I. & Labbe, M.
1994, Volume 72, Issue 2
- 213-609 Editorial
by Hurlimann, Tony & Editor, Guest
- 214-242 SYMMS: A model management system that supports model reuse, sharing, and integration
by Muhanna, Waleed A.
- 243-261 Issues in the design of modeling languages for mathematical programming
by Maturana, Sergio V.
- 262-276 Tools for reformulating logical forms into zero-one mixed integer programs
by Mitra, G. & Lucas, C. & Moody, S. & Hadjiconstantinou, E.
- 277-286 gLPS: A graphical tool for the definition and manipulation of linear problems
by Collaud, Gerald & Pasquier-Boltuck, Jacques
- 287-299 A tool for network modeling
by Forster, M. & Mevert, P.
- 300-311 Syntax-directed report writing in linear programming using ANALYZE
by Greenberg, Harvey J.
- 312-322 MOPS -- Mathematical optimization system
by Suhl, Uwe H.
- 323-332 Simulation for planning services for patients with coronary artery disease
by Davies, R.
- 333-349 Effect of quality loss functions on the economic design of process control charts
by Moskowitz, Herbert & Plante, Robert & Hak Chun, Young
- 350-363 An algorithm for computing the economically optimal -control chart for a process with multiple assignable causes
by Chung, Kun-Jen