Subject mix and productivity in Portuguese universities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Malcolm Abbott & Hristos Doucouliagos, 2004. "Research output of Australian universities," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 251-265.
- Johnes, Jill, 1996. "Performance assessment in higher education in Britain," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 18-33, February.
- David Draper & Mark Gittoes, 2004. "Statistical analysis of performance indicators in UK higher education," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 167(3), pages 449-474.
- Pedro Teixeira & Margarida F. Cardoso & Cláudia S. Sarrico & Maria João Rosa, 2007. "The Portuguese Public University System: On the Road to Improvement?," Chapters,in: Universities and Strategic Knowledge Creation, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Johnes, Jill & Johnes, Geraint, 1995. "Research funding and performance in U.K. University Departments of Economics: A frontier analysis," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 301-314, September.
- Sarrico, C. S. & Dyson, R. G., 2004. "Restricting virtual weights in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 159(1), pages 17-34, November.
- Trow, Martin, 1996. "Trust, Markets and Accountability in Higher Education: A Comparative Perspective," University of California at Berkeley, Center for Studies in Higher Education qt6q21h265, Center for Studies in Higher Education, UC Berkeley.
- Cohn, Elchanan & Rhine, Sherrie L W & Santos, Maria C, 1989. "Institutions of Higher Education as Multi-product Firms: Economies of Scale and Scope," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(2), pages 284-290, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daraio, Cinzia & Bonaccorsi, Andrea & Simar, Léopold, 2015.
"Rankings and university performance: A conditional multidimensional approach,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 244(3), pages 918-930.
- Cinzia Daraio & Andrea Bonaccorsi & Leopold Simar, 2014. "Rankings and university performance: a conditional multidimensional approach," DIAG Technical Reports 2014-09, Department of Computer, Control and Management Engineering, Universita' degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza".
- repec:spr:scient:v:102:y:2015:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-014-1427-z is not listed on IDEAS
- José Manuel Pastor & Lorenzo Serrano, 2016. "The determinants of the research output of universities: specialization, quality and inefficiencies," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 109(2), pages 1255-1281, November.
- Mariana Cunha & Vera Rocha, 2012. "On the Efficiency of Public Higher Education Institutions in Portugal: An Exploratory Study," FEP Working Papers 468, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Cristian Barra & Roberto Zotti, 2016. "Measuring Efficiency in Higher Education: An Empirical Study Using a Bootstrapped Data Envelopment Analysis," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 22(1), pages 11-33, February.
More about this item
KeywordsEducation Subject mix Productivity Portuguese universities;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:197:y:2009:i:1:p:287-295. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .