A simple derivation of scale elasticity in data envelopment analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Starrett, David A, 1977. "Measuring Returns to Scale in the Aggregate, and the Scale Effect of Public Goods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(6), pages 1439-1455, September.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Thrall, R. M., 1992. "Estimation of returns to scale using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 74-84, October.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Cooper, William W. & Seiford, Lawrence M. & Thrall, Robert M. & Zhu, Joe, 2004. "Returns to scale in different DEA models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(2), pages 345-362, April.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Førsund, Finn R. & Kittelsen, Sverre A. & Krivonozhko, Vladimir E., 2007. "Farrell Revisited: Visualising the DEA Production Frontier," Memorandum 15/2007, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Hanoch, Giora, 1970. "Homotheticity in joint production," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 423-426, December.
- Finn Førsund & Lennart Hjalmarsson & Vladimir Krivonozhko & Oleg Utkin, 2007. "Calculation of scale elasticities in DEA models: direct and indirect approaches," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 45-56, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amatatsu, Hirofumi & Ueda, Tohru, 2012. "Measurement of simultaneous scale and mix changes in inputs and outputs using DEA facets and RTS," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 223(3), pages 752-761.
- Podinovski, Victor V., 2016. "Optimal weights in DEA models with weight restrictions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 254(3), pages 916-924.
- Petros Hadjicostas & Andreas Soteriou, 2010. "Different orders of one-sided scale elasticities in multi-output production," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 147-167, April.
- Sahoo, Biresh K. & Zhu, Joe & Tone, Kaoru & Klemen, Bernhard M., 2014. "Decomposing technical efficiency and scale elasticity in two-stage network DEA," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 233(3), pages 584-594.
- Sahoo, Biresh K & Khoveyni, Mohammad & Eslami, Robabeh & Chaudhury, Pradipta, 2016. "Returns to scale and most productive scale size in DEA with negative data," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 255(2), pages 545-558.
- Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2015. "Aggregation of scale efficiency," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(1), pages 269-277.
- Michael Zschille, 2014. "Nonparametric measures of returns to scale: an application to German water supply," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 1029-1053, November.
- Bert Balk & Rolf Färe & Giannis Karagiannis, 2015. "On directional scale elasticities," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 99-104, February.
- Atici, Kazim Baris & Podinovski, Victor V., 2012. "Mixed partial elasticities in constant returns-to-scale production technologies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 220(1), pages 262-269.
- Vladimir Krivonozhko & Finn Førsund & Andrey Lychev, 2012.
"Returns-to-scale properties in DEA models: the fundamental role of interior points,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 121-130, October.
- Krivonozhko, Vladimir & Førsund, Finn R., 2009. "Returms-to-scale Properties in DEA Models: The Fundamental Role of Interior Points," Memorandum 15/2009, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Podinovski, Victor V., 2017. "Returns to scale in convex production technologies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 258(3), pages 970-982.
- Mahdi Mirjaberi & Reza Kazemi Matin, 2016. "On the Calculation of Directional Scale Elasticity in Data Envelopment Analysis," Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research (APJOR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 33(04), pages 1-17, August.
More about this item
KeywordsData envelopment analysis Scale elasticity Directional derivative;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:197:y:2009:i:1:p:149-153. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.