Returms-to-scale Properties in DEA Models: The Fundamental Role of Interior Points
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Vladimir Krivonozhko & Finn Førsund & Andrey Lychev, 2012. "Returns-to-scale properties in DEA models: the fundamental role of interior points," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 121-130, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Thrall, R. M., 1992. "Estimation of returns to scale using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 74-84, October.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Hanoch, Giora, 1970. "Homotheticity in joint production," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 423-426, December.
- Finn Førsund & Lennart Hjalmarsson & Vladimir Krivonozhko & Oleg Utkin, 2007. "Calculation of scale elasticities in DEA models: direct and indirect approaches," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 45-56, October.
- John C. Panzar & Robert D. Willig, 1977. "Economies of Scale in Multi-Output Production," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 91(3), pages 481-493.
- Podinovski, Victor V. & Førsund, Finn R. & Krivonozhko, Vladimir E., 2009. "A simple derivation of scale elasticity in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 197(1), pages 149-153, August.
- Starrett, David A, 1977. "Measuring Returns to Scale in the Aggregate, and the Scale Effect of Public Goods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(6), pages 1439-1455, September.
- Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki & Sekitani, Kazuyuki, 2009. "An occurrence of multiple projections in DEA-based measurement of technical efficiency: Theoretical comparison among DEA models from desirable properties," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 196(2), pages 764-794, July.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Cooper, William W. & Seiford, Lawrence M. & Thrall, Robert M. & Zhu, Joe, 2004. "Returns to scale in different DEA models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(2), pages 345-362, April.
- Seiford, Lawrence M. & Thrall, Robert M., 1990. "Recent developments in DEA : The mathematical programming approach to frontier analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 7-38.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Krivonozhko, Vladimir E. & Førsund, Finn R. & Lychev, Andrey V., 2014.
"Measurement of returns to scale using non-radial DEA models,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 232(3), pages 664-670.
- Krivonozhko, Vladimir E. & Førsund, Finn R. & Lychev, Andrey V., 2012. "Measurement of Returns to Scale Using Non-Radial DEA Models," Memorandum 29/2012, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Krivonozhko, Vladimir E. & Førsund, Finn R. & Lychev, Andrey V., 2012.
"A note on imposing strong complementary slackness conditions in DEA,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 220(3), pages 716-721.
- Krivonozhko, Vladimir & R. Førsund, Finn & V. Lychev, Andrey, 2011. "A Note on Imposing Strong Complementary Slackness Conditions in DEA," Memorandum 17/2010, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Mehdiloozad, Mahmood & Mirdehghan, S. Morteza & Sahoo, Biresh K. & Roshdi, Israfil, 2015. "On the identification of the global reference set in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 245(3), pages 779-788.
More about this item
KeywordsReturns to scale; DEA; Interior points; Vertices;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-09-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2009-09-11 (Econometrics)
- NEP-EFF-2009-09-11 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:osloec:2009_015. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mari Strønstad Øverås). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/souiono.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.