1996, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 30-35 Fear of the needle? The future of Hong Kong business
by Chan, H. L.
- 36-40 Gainsharing: A lemon or lemonade?
by Imberman, Woodruff
- 41-46 Comparable worth: The Canadian legislation
by Kovach, Kenneth A.
- 47-54 Challenges in managing technology in transnational multipartner networks
by Medcof, John W.
- 55-64 The faculty-in-residence program
by Beatty, Bernard L. & Lamy, Robert E. & Peacock, Peter R. & Saladin, Brooke A.
- 65-70 Green issues
by Shi, J. Stephen & Kane, Jane M.
- 71-78 Improving profitability through product triage
by Docters, Robert G.
- 79-83 Will the real socially responsible consumer please step forward?
by Roberts, James A.
1995, Volume 38, Issue 6
- 1-2 Argue with success
by Miller, Jack
- 3-7 The legacy of leadership revisited
by Magnusen, Karl O.
- 8-12 Managing change in business: Views from the ancient past
by Wagner, Cynthia K
- 13-20 Learning to change
by Slater, Stanley F.
- 21-28 People and their organizations: Rethinking the assumptions
by McKendall, Marie A. & Margulis, Stephen T.
- 29-33 A corporation by any other name ...?
by Kohli, Chiranjeev & Hemnes, Thomas M.
- 34-39 Forms of address and status leveling in organizations
by Morand, David A.
- 40-48 Outsourcing in distribution: The growing importance of transportation brokers
by Johnson, James C. & Schneider, Kenneth C.
- 49-54 Success strategies for russian-foreign joint ventures
by Fey, Carl F.
- 55-63 Internationalization of American business programs: Case study Ukraine
by Kyj, Larissa S. & Kyj, Myroslaw J. & Marshall, Paul S.
- 64-70 Managing in the age of the mass merchant
by McDermott, Christopher Mark & O'Connor, Gina Colarelli
- 71-76 Selling your service business
by Gelb, Betsy D.
- 78-80 Leading with soul: An uncommon journey of spirit : By Lee G. Bolman and Terrence E. Deal
by Bolman, Lee G. & Deal, Terrence E.
- 80-81 Scuttle your ships before advancing
by Lucke, Richard A.
1995, Volume 38, Issue 5
- 1-3 The editor's chair/ (Inter) net gain?
by Organ, Dennis W. & Foegen, Joseph H.
- 4-8 When cultures clash: Applying title VII abroad
by Scheibal, William
- 9-16 Doing business in Central and Eastern Europe: Political, economic, and cultural diversity
by Luthans, Fred & Patrick, Richard R. & Luthans, Brett C.
- 17-27 Greening the manufacturing function
by Sarkis, Joseph & Rasheed, Abdul
- 28-38 Cutting waste with employee involvement teams
by May, Douglas R. & Flannery, Brenda L.
- 39-45 The implications of time-based competition on international logistics strategies
by Hise, Richard T.
- 46-50 Wal-Mart fights the battle of Conway
by Kurtz, David L. & Keller, Scott B. & Landry, Mike J. & Lynch, Daniel F.
- 51-60 The case for better measurement and reporting of marketing performance
by Herremans, Irene M. & Ryans, John Jr.
- 61-68 How newcomers can undermine incumbents' marketing strengths
by Smith, Clayton G.
- 69-74 Why Pre-employment alcohol testing is such a bad idea
by Murphy, Kevin R.
- 75-78 Profiles in executive education : Ken Andrews
by Moulton, Harper W.
1995, Volume 38, Issue 4
- 1-4 Does business need leaders?
by Organ, Dennis W. & Fuller, Tom
- 5-9 The multinational as an engine of value
by Edmunds, John C.
- 10-19 How American manufacturers are facing the global marketplace
by Chilton, Kenneth
- 20-27 Emerging cultural values among Russian managers: What will tomorrow bring?
by Veiga, John F. & Yanouzas, John N. & Buchholtz, Ann K.
- 28-31 A partnering approach to mass merchandising in Russia
by Lowry, James R.
- 32-36 A financial primer for investors in China
by Luo, Yadong & Chen, Min
- 37-47 Gaining competitive advantage through environmental investments
by Bonifant, Benjamin C. & Arnold, Matthew B. & Long, Frederick J.
- 48-52 Medusa alliances: Managing complex interorganizational relationships
by Slowinskl, Gene & Oliva, Eugene R. & Lowenstein, Libby J.
- 53-60 Offensive strategies for defense companies
by Shanklin, William L.
- 61-68 Women and men, morality and ethics
by Dawson, Leslie M.
- 69-76 Trade promotions: A call for a more rational approach
by Zerrillo, Philip & lacobucci, Dawn
- 77-83 Marketing as a management style
by Longenecker, Clinton O. & Meade, William II
- 84-86 Let's get it straight about telecommuting! A reply
by Moskowitz, Robert
1995, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 1-3 The happy curve
by Organ, Dennis W.
- 4-10 True tax reform: Encouraging saving and investment
by Weidenbaum, Murray
- 11-17 The shifting sands of competitive advantage
by Werther, William Jr. & Kerr, Jeffrey L.
- 18-22 Thinking out of the box: A new approach to product development
by Angeli, Primo
- 23-31 Achieving market excellence through quality: The case of Ford Motor Company
by Zeller, Thomas L. & Gillis, Darin M.
- 32-38 Encouraging entrepreneurial activity in multinational corporations
by Birkinshaw, Julian
- 39-46 The long farewell: Peugeot's departure from the U.S. market
by Archawski, Jean-Loup & Wolek, Francis W.
- 47-50 India: The new Asian tiger?
by Banks, Philip & Natarajan, Ganesh
- 51-56 The legal implications of electronic document retention
by Davis, Greg & Barker, Robert M.
- 57-65 Implementing the Beck and Lehnert union security agreement decisions: A study in frustration
by Kovach, Kenneth A. & Millspaugh, Peter
- 66-72 Questions and answers about telecommuting programs
by Ford, Robert C. & McLaughlin, Frank
- 73-78 JIT savings--myth or reality?
by Chhikara, Jitendra & Weiss, Elliott N.
- 79-85 Getting past the obstacles to successful reengineering
by Holland, Dutch & Kumar, Sanjiv
1995, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 1-2 Nonviolence and us
by Gandhi, Arun
- 3-10 Workplace homicide: A time for action
by Stone, Romuald A.
- 11-20 Homicides in the workplace: Crisis or false alarm?
by Harvey, Michael G. & Cosier, Richard A.
- 21-27 American involvement in Vietnam, part II: Prospects for U.S. business in a new era
by Shultz, Clifford II & Ardrey, William IV & Pecotich, Anthony
- 28-34 The harmonization of standards in the European union and the impact on U.S. business
by Reilly, Tom
- 35-40 Levi's is leaving China
by Beaver, William
- 41-50 Lessons for an accidental profession
by Pinto, Jeffrey K. & Kharbanda, Om P.
- 51-58 Phong Siu-Ming vs. Burgers-R-Us: Cultural diversity or cultural discrimination?
by Brown, Kenneth & Sussman, Lyle
- 59-62 Applicant rejection letters: Are businesses sending the wrong message?
by Brice, Thomas S. & Waung, Marie
- 63-69 Reengineering boards of directors
by Park, Jae C.
- 70-76 More boycotts ahead? Some implications
by Gelb, Betsy D.
- 77-80 Ten tips for boycott targets
by Kirk Davidson, D.
- 81-82 Supporting employees who are parents: A worksite child-rearing program
by Platz, Donald L.
1995, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-1 Confessions of a Rookie
by Organ, Dennis W.
- 2-7 Long-range career planning during turbulent times
by Otte, Fred L. & Kahnweiler, William M.
- 8-15 Coming to terms with the new corporate contract
by Byron, William J.
- 16-21 Creating a system for continuous improvement
by Denton, D. Keith
- 22-27 Pericles of Athens--Drawing from the essence of strategic leadership
by Cummings, Stephen
- 28-38 The difficulty in solving strategic problems: The experiences of three CIOs
by McLeod, Raymond Jr. & Jones, Jack William & Saunders, Carol
- 39-47 The ethics of business: Improving or deteriorating?
by Laczniak, Gene R. & Berkowitz, Marvin W. & Brooker, Russell G. & Hale, James P.
- 48-58 Nissan U.K.: A worker's paradox?
by Thompson, Judith Kenner & Render, Robert R.
- 59-66 Personnel problems in "Carry the flag" missions in foreign assignment
by Thornton, Robert L. & Thornton, M. K.
- 67-70 TQM: What's in it for academics?
by Schonberger, Richard J.
- 71-77 TQM: The experiences of ten small businesses
by Shea, John & Gobeli, David
- 78-84 How important is physical collocation to product development success?
by Rafii, Farshad
- 85-89 Harry Levinson
by Moulton, Harper W.
- 90-91 What America does right: Learning from companies that put people first
by Waterman, Robert Jr.
- 91-92 The democratic corporation: A radical prescription for recreating corporate America and rediscovering success
by Ackoff, Russell L.
- 92-93 The warburgs: The twentieth-century odyssey of a remarkable jewish family
by Chernow, Ron
1994, Volume 37, Issue 5
- 1-8 Is business ethics an oxymoron?
by Collins, John W.
- 9-15 Sleeping with the enemy: Doing business with a competitor
by Carlin, Barbara A. & Dowling, Michael J. & Roering, William D. & Wyman, John & Kalinoglou, John & Clyburn, Greg
- 16-25 Teams and TQM
by Cheney, Alan B. & Sims, Henry Jr. & Manz, Charles C.
- 26-36 Gagging on chaos
by Bart, Christopher K.
- 37-41 Vision: How leaders develop it, share it, and sustain it
by Quigley, Joseph V.
- 42-50 The myth of the forever leader: Organizational recovery from broken leadership
by Farquhar, Katherine
- 51-55 Flextime: Myth or reality?
by Kush, Karen S. & Stroh, Linda K.
- 56-63 Measuring global practices: Global strategic planning through company situational analysis
by Lussier, Robert N. & Baeder, Robert W. & Corman, Joel
- 64-69 The six shopping worlds of baby boomers
by Swinyard, William R. & Rinne, Heikki J.
- 70-75 Evaluating the performance of venture capital investments
by Schilit, W. Keith
- 76-81 Focusing the factory: Eight lessons
by Schroeder, Roger G. & Pesch, Michael J.
1994, Volume 37, Issue 4
- 1-4 The disconnect between scientists and corporations
by Gaines, Harry
- 5-10 Strategic alliances and joint ventures: Making them work
by Walters, Bruce A. & Peters, Steve & Dess, Gregory G.
- 11-18 Lessons learned from selfmanaged work teams
by Yeatts, Dale E. & Hipskind, Martha & Barnes, Debra
- 19-28 Reforming the traditional organization: The mandate for developing networks
by Cravens, David W. & Shipp, Shannon H. & Cravens, Karen S.
- 29-39 The myth of full disclosure: A look at organizational communications during crises
by Kaufmann, Jeffrey B. & Kesner, Idalene F. & Hazen, Thomas Lee
- 40-42 Overcoming the BOHICA effect
by Dunsing, Dick & Matejka, Ken
- 43-46 The power of flexibility
by Denton, D. Keith
- 47-50 Focus: Value
by Escover, John L.
- 51-54 Whose empire is this, anyway? Reflections on the empire state of multinational corporations
by Chan, Chi-fai & Holbert, Neil B.
- 55-60 MBA programs and business needs: Is there a mismatch?
by Elliott, Clifford J. & Goodwin, Jack S. & Goodwin, James C.
- 61-67 Business faculty perspectives on ethics: A national survey
by Rozenshe, Susan G. & Fergenson, P. Everett
- 68-73 A marketer's guide to Clausewitz: Lessons for winning market share
by Parks, Bill & Pharr, Steven W. & Lockeman, Bradley D.
- 74-79 Quality lessons from America's Baldrige winners
by Hodgetts, Richard M.
- 80-87 "Slash and burn" doesn't kill weeds: Other ways to downsize the manufacturing organization
by Schmenner, Roger & Lackey, Charles
1994, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 1-26 Summing up
by Bunke, Harvey C.
- 27-31 Career strategies for the 1990s manager
by McCanna, Walter F. & Pearse, Robert F. & Zrebiec, Donald A.
- 32-39 The making of multimillion-dollar executives
by Patton, Arch
- 40-43 A dozen enduring myths about management
by Smolowitz, Ira E.
- 44-51 Espoused action: It's a matter of consistency
by Raelin, Joseph A.
- 52-60 ISO9000: The new strategic consideration
by Hayes, H. Michael
- 61-68 The case against job satisfaction
by Bassett, Glenn
- 69-70 Successful promotions and the bucket of ashes
by Meyer, Peter
- 71-79 The management termination trap
by Longenecker, Clinton O. & Pos, Frederick R.
- 87-88 Focus on books
by Tomasko, Robert M.
1994, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 1-6 The anti-capitalist mentality of Clintonomics
by Reiland, Ralph R. & McCarthy, Sarah J.
- 7-15 Is Saturn competitive?
by Rehder, Robert R.
- 16-21 Moving mountains to market: Reflections on restructuring the Russian economy
by Clark, Terry
- 22-28 Market orientation, customer value, and superior performance
by Slater, Stanley F. & Narver, John C.
- 29-41 Why empowerment doesn't empower: The bankruptcy of current paradigms
by Belasco, James A. & Stayer, Ralph C.
- 42-48 Sun Tzu's strategic thinking and contemporary business
by Chen, Min
- 49-57 How to increase employee loyalty while you downsize
by Emshoff, James R.
- 58-60 Karoshi: Alternative perspectives of Japanese management styles
by Brown, William S. & Lubove, Rebecca E. & Kwalwasser, James
- 61-67 The electrovisual manager: Media and American corporate management
by Marlow, Eugene
- 68-74 The high cost of motoring in Singapore
by Toh, Rex S.
- 75-79 Ergonomic improvements in the office environment
by Franchi, Kathy & Fleck, Robert Jr.
- 80-85 Creativity and play: A systematic approach to managing innovation
by Andersen, Joseph V.
- 86-89 New member of the family?
by Foegen, J. H.
1993, Volume 36, Issue 6
- 1-4 Organizational survival means embracing change
by Harvey Hegarty, W.
- 5-10 Global strategic management in a new world order
by Halal, William E.
- 11-15 Preparing for the hybrid economy: The new world of public-private partnerships
by Sternberg, Ernest
- 16-22 Future problem solving in the year 2000--Challenges and opportunities for business
by Alvino, James
- 23-29 Global telecommunications and export of services: The promise and the risk
by Coates, Vary T. & La Porte, Todd M. & Young, Mark G.
- 30-34 The nature of work in the twenty-first century: Certain uncertainties
by Shostak, Arthur B.
- 35-43 Franchising into the twenty-first century
by Hoffman, Richard C. & Preble, John F.
- 44-49 The post-information age: New horizons for business and education
by Glenn, Jerome C.
- 50-54 Interface design issues in the future of business training
by Boling, Elizabeth & Sousa, Gerald A.
- 55-63 Congress and the year 2000: Peering into the demographic future
by Morrison, Peter A.
- 64-69 The American labor movement in the year 2000
by Craver, Charles B.
- 70-74 The future of urban environments: Implications for the business community
by Gappert, Gary
1993, Volume 36, Issue 5
- 1-2 Bridging the chasm
by Cole, Robert W.
- 3-8 Schooling, business, and the new American dream
by Schlechty, Phillip C.
- 9-12 Old lies, new truths: Demographic realities and economic consequences facing America
by Crouch, Ronald T.
- 13-23 Accountability, testing, and schools: Toward local responsibility and away from change by mandate
by Wiggins, Grant
- 24-28 Business partnerships with families
by Rich, Dorothy
- 29-32 Sowing the seeds of change: The role of business in education
by Becker, Charles E.
- 33-38 Dreaming of the show: Rating major-league high schools
by Nolte, Bob
- 39-48 The spider's web: Influences on school performance
by Waddock, Sandra A.
- 49-51 A day care consortium in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
by Ecker, Tom
- 52-56 Kids are everybody's business in Hammond, Indiana
by Knarr, Thomas C. & Knarr, Kay Dell
- 57-59 Partners at Lake Washington
by Barnes, Ron & Bates, Karen
- 60-63 Real world partnerships in Tupelo, Mississippi
by Daniels, Bruce
- 64-69 Open communication
by Keith Denton, D.
- 70-78 Team building: Answering the tough questions
by Stoner, Charles R. & Hartman, Richard I.
- 79-84 Deming versus traditional management theorists on goal setting: Can both be right?
by Carson, Paula Phillips & Carson, Kerry D.
- 85-86 Focus on books
by Kearns, David T. & Nadler, David A.
- 86-87 Technology and work in Germany
by Altmann, Norbert & Meil, Pamela
- 88-89 The unbounded mind: Breaking the chains of traditional business thinking
by Mitroff, Ian I. & Linstone, Harold A.
- 89-90 The race without a finish line: America's quest for total quality
by Schmidt, Warren H. & Finnigan, Jerome P.
- 90-91 Reengineering the corporation: A manifesto for business revolution
by Hammer, Michael & Champy, James
1993, Volume 36, Issue 4
- 1-4 Behind the curve
by Keith Denton, D.
- 5-9 AIDS in the workplace: The pandemic firms want to ignore
by Knotts, Rose & Johnson, J. Lynn
- 10-15 Growth industries: Another look
by Starry, Claire & McGaughey, Nick
- 16-27 The emerging approach to business strategy: Building a relationship advantage
by Berling, Robert J.
- 28-33 Breakthroughs in corporate nurturing strategies
by Braun, David & Bertsch, Thomas
- 34-40 After the layoff: Closing the barn door before all the horses are gone
by Ford, Robert C. & Perrewe, Pamela L.
- 41-47 The isolation of upper management
by Richard Krachenberg, A. & Lyons, Thomas F. & Henke, John Jr.
- 48-53 A miss manners guide to doing business in Europe
by Hill, John S. & Dulek, Ronald E.
- 54-58 Managers' views on potential investment opportunities
by McCarthy, Mark & Pointer, Martha & Ricks, David & Rolfe, Robert
- 59-65 The provocative practice of price signaling: Collusion versus cooperation
by Miller, Larry L. & Schnaars, Steven P. & Vaccaro, Valerie L.
- 66-69 The ethics of sales: Finding an appropriate balance
by Clark, Ralph W. & Lattal, Alice Darnell
- 70-74 Politics at work: Sharpening the focus of political behavior in organizations
by Michele Kacmar, K. & Ferris, Gerald R.
- 75-78 What ever happened to supervisory training?
by Imberman, Woodruff
1993, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 1-3 We've had enough business ethics
by Wolfe, Art
- 4-10 The delta force approach to balancing long-run performance
by Ernst, Ricardo & Ross, Douglas N.
- 11-14 How to stop talking about, and begin progress toward, total quality management
by Mears, Peter
- 15-18 Quality confusion: Too many gurus, not enough disciples
by Chatterjee, Sangit & Yilmaz, Mustafa
- 19-29 Planning deming management for service organizations
by Rienzo, Thomas F.
- 30-39 The mandated benefit mirage
by McKenzie, Richard B.
- 40-46 "Buy american": economic concept or political slogan?
by Harvey, Michael G.
- 47-54 Forced withdrawal from a country market: Managing political risk
by Akhter, Syed H. & Choudhry, Yusuf A.
- 55-58 Rate of return- the poison apple?
by Parks, Bill
- 59-65 Key ingredients for successful implementation of just-in-time: a system for all business sizes
by Tucker, Marvin W. & Davis, David A.
- 66-68 A quick guide to total quality management
by Aggarwal, Sumer
- 69-78 Cross-Cultural Communication for Managers
by Munter, Mary
- 79-84 Entrepreneurial Spirit
by Keith Denton, D.
- 85-89 Theory and practice: Their roles, relationship, and limitations in advanced management education
by Raelin, Joseph A.
1993, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 1-5 The (R)evolution of the American woman
by Daily, Catherine M.
- 6-11 Cracks in the glass: The silent competence of women
by Dalton, Dan R. & Kesner, Idalene F.
- 12-16 Attitudes toward women as managers: Still the same
by Owen, Crystal L. & Todor, William D.
- 17-22 Managing conflict over the perceived progress of working women
by Kay Snavely, B.
- 23-29 Sex stereotyping in the workplace: A manager's guide
by Kelly, Eileen P. & Young, Amy Oakes & Clark, Lawrence S.