Citations for "Social Norms and the Law: An Economic Approach"
by Posner, Richard A
- Teraji, Shinji, 2013. "A theory of norm compliance: Punishment and reputation," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 1-6.
- A. Mitchell Polinsky & Steven Shavell, 2006. "Public Enforcement of Law," Discussion Papers 05-016, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Kvaløy, Ola, 2008. "Do norms matter for firm boundaries?," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 969-975, June.
- Bruno Deffains & Claude Fluet, 2015.
"Social Norms and Legal Design,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- López-Pérez, Raúl, 2009. "Followers and leaders: Reciprocity, social norms and group behavior," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 557-567, August.
- Grossman, Herschel I. & Kim, Minseong, 2000. "Predators, moral decay, and moral revivals," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 173-187, June.
- Dorothee Schmidt, 2005. "Morality and Conflicts," Working Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2005_12, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Church, Bryan K. & Hannan, R. Lynn & Kuang, Xi (Jason), 2012. "Shared interest and honesty in budget reporting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 155-167.
- Matteo Migheli & Giovanni B. Ramello, 2013.
"Open Access, Social Norms & Publication Choice,"
ICER Working Papers
03-2013, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Shizuki Saito, 2011. "Accounting Standards and Global Convergence Revisited: Social Norms and Economic Concepts," The Japanese Accounting Review, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, vol. 1, pages 105-117, December.
- Lewis A. Kornhauser & W. Bentley MacLeod, 2012.
"Contracts between Legal Persons,"
in: Robert Gibbons & John Roberts (ed.), The Handbook of Organizational Economics
Princeton University Press.
- Kornhauser, Lewis A. & MacLeod, W. Bentley, 2010. "Contracts between Legal Persons," IZA Discussion Papers 5352, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lewis A. Kornhauser & W. Bentley MacLeod, 2010. "Contracts between Legal Persons," NBER Working Papers 16049, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oliver Hart, 2001.
"Norms and the Theory of the Firm,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1923, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Matthias Fink & Rainer Harms & Isabella Hatak, 2012. "Nanotechnology and Ethics: The Role of Regulation Versus Self-Commitment in Shaping Researchers’ Behavior," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 109(4), pages 569-581, September.
- Oscar J. Cacho & Graham R. Marshall & Mary Milne, 2003. "Smallholder Agroforestry Projects: Potential for carbon sequestration and poverty alleviation," Working Papers 03-06, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Milhaupt, Curtis, 2004. "A Lost Decade for Corporate Governance? What’s Changed, What Hasn’t, and Why," EIJS Working Paper Series 202, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
- Dequech, David, 2009. "Institutions, social norms, and decision-theoretic norms," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 70-78, October.
- Chaara, Imane, 2011. "Pro-Women Legal Reform in Morocco: Is Religion an Obstacle?," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2011 17, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Bin Dong & Benno Torgler, 2010.
"When the Cat's Away, the Mice Will Play: Gambling Behaviour of Visitors in Australia,"
CREMA Working Paper Series
2010-05, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Bin Dong & Benno Torgler, 2010. "When the Cat's Away, the Mice Will Play: Gambling Behaviour of Visitors in Australia," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 255, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Martin Halla, 2011.
"The Link between the Intrinsic Motivation to Comply and Compliance Behaviour: A Critical Appraisal of Existing Evidence,"
in: Handbook on the Shadow Economy, chapter 11
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Halla, Martin, 2010. "The Link between the Intrinsic Motivation to Comply and Compliance Behavior: A Critical Appraisal of Existing Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 4843, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Martin Halla, 2010. "The Link between the Intrinsic Motivation to Comply and Compliance Behavior – A Critical Appraisal of Existing Evidence," Economics working papers 2010-03, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- P. Buonanno & P. Vanin, 2015. "Social Closure, Surnames and Crime," Working Papers wp1032, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Bernard H.J. Verstegen, 2011. "A socio-economic view on management control," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(2), pages 114-127, January.
- Marshall, Graham R., 2004. "Farmers cooperating in the commons? A study of collective action in salinity management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3-4), pages 271-286, December.
- Eliana La Ferrara, 2003.
"Kin Groups and Reciprocity: A Model of Credit Transactions in Ghana,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(5), pages 1730-1751, December.
- La Ferrara, Eliana, 2003. "Kin Groups and Reciprocity: A Model of Credit Transactions in Ghana," CEPR Discussion Papers 3705, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Raúl López-Pérez, 2010. "Guilt and shame: an axiomatic analysis," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 69(4), pages 569-586, October.
- Dan Caprar & Benjamin Neville, 2012. "“Norming” and “Conforming”: Integrating Cultural and Institutional Explanations for Sustainability Adoption in Business," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 110(2), pages 231-245, October.
- Matteo Migheli & Giovanni Ramello, 2013. "Open access, social norms and publication choice," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 149-167, April.
- Raúl López-Pérez & Marc Vorsatz, 2012. "What Behaviors are Disapproved? Experimental Evidence from Five Dictator Games," Games, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(2), pages 78-78, April.
- Sue H. Mialon, 2014. "Declining Moral Standards and the Role of Law," Emory Economics 1410, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Yoshinobu Zasu, 2007. "Sanctions by Social Norms and the Law: Substitutes or Complements?," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(2), pages 379-396, 06.
- Benjamin Foster, 2011. "Norms and Costs of Government Domestic Violence Policies: A Critical Review," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 140-151, March.
- Ramcilovic-Suominen, Sabaheta & Epstein, Graham, 2015. "The impacts of deterrence, social norms and legitimacy on forest rule compliance in Ghana," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 10-20.
- Telalagic, S., 2012. "Domestic Production as a Source of Marital Power: Theory and Evidence from Malawi," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1243, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Paolo Buonanno & Giacomo Pasini & Paolo Vanin, 2012.
"Crime and social sanction,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 91(1), pages 193-218, 03.
- Cervellati, Matteo & Vanin, Paolo, 2013.
""Thou Shalt Not Covet ...": Prohibitions, Temptation and Moral Values,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7334, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cervellati, Matteo & Vanin, Paolo, 2013. "“Thou shalt not covet”: Prohibitions, temptation and moral values," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 15-28.
- Matteo Cervellati & Paolo Vanin, 2010. "”Thou shalt not covet ...”: Prohibitions, Temptation and Moral Values," Working Papers 2010.54, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Srivastava, Vatsalya, 2017. "The Sorry Clause (Revision of TILEC DP 2016-004)," Discussion Paper 2017-002, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Ramcilovic-Suominen, Sabaheta & Hansen, Christian P., 2012. "Why some forest rules are obeyed and others violated by farmers in Ghana: Instrumental and normative perspective of forest law compliance," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 46-54.
- Bouma, Jetske & Ansink, Erik, 2013. "The role of legitimacy perceptions in self-restricted resource use: A framed field experiment," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 84-93.
- Shyam Sunder, 2005. "Social Norms versus Standards of Accounting," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2525, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2005.
- Palacios-Huerta, Ignacio & Santos, Tano J., 2004.
"A theory of markets, institutions, and endogenous preferences,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(3-4), pages 601-627, March.
- Ignacio Palacios-Huerta & Jesus J. Santos, 2001. "A Theory of Markets, Institutions and Endogenous Preferences," Working Papers 2001-18, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Ibanez, Marcela & Carlsson, Fredrik, 2008. "A choice experiment on coca cropping," Working Papers in Economics 287, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 01 Apr 2008.
- Paul H. Jensen & Robin E. Stonecash, 2004. "The Efficiency of Public Sector Outsourcing Contracts: A Literature Review," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2004n29, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Andreas Reinstaller, 2013. "An evolutionary view on social innovation and the process of economic change," WWWforEurope Working Papers series 43, WWWforEurope.
- Kunte, Sebastian & Wollni, Meike & Keser, Claudia, 2014. "Making it personal: breach and private ordering in a contract farming experiment," Discussion Papers 186136, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Srivastava, Vatsalya, 2016. "The Sorry Clause," Discussion Paper 2016-008, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jacek Lewkowicz & Katarzyna Metelska-Szaniawska, 2016. "De jure and de facto institutions – disentangling the interrelationships," Working Papers 2016-29, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Shyam Sunder & Michael Maier & Karim Jamal, 2004. "Enforced Standards Versus Evolution by General Acceptance: A Comparative Study of E-Commerce Privacy Disclosure and Practice in the U.S. and the U.K," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2630, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Nov 2004.
- Pedro Neves & Joana Story, 2015. "Ethical Leadership and Reputation: Combined Indirect Effects on Organizational Deviance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 127(1), pages 165-176, March.
- H. Sun & M. Bigoni, 2015. "A Fine Rule From a Brutish World? An Experiment on Endogenous Punishment Institution and Trust," Working Papers wp1031, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Bonatti, Luigi, 2008. "Evolution of preferences and cross-country differences in time devoted to market work," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 1341-1365, December.
- Sandra Patricia Martinez Tapias & Christian Fresard Briones, 1999. "Flujos de capitales en America Latina, 1990-1998," Lecturas de Economía, Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía, issue 50, pages 165-194, Enero Jun.
- Chang, Juin-jen & Lai, Ching-chong & Yang, C. C., 2000. "Casual police corruption and the economics of crime:: Further results," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 35-51, March.
- Craig A. Depken II & Peter A. Groothuis & Mark C. Strazicich, 2016. "The Rise and Fall of the Enforcer in the National Hockey League," Working Papers 16-12, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Bonatti, Luigi, 2008. "Cultural relativism and ideological policy makers in a general equilibrium model with for-profit and non-profit enterprises," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 1-15, March.
- David Dequech, 2005. "Institutions: A Concept For A Theory Of Conformity And Innovation," Anais do XXXIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 33th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 174, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Jonathan Ercanbrack, 2013. "Regulating Islamic financial institutions in the UK," Chapters, in: Islamic Finance in Europe, chapter 11, pages 157-178 Edward Elgar Publishing.