The Inter-Related Dynamics of Dual Job Holding, Human Capital and Occupational Choice
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Panos, Georgios A. & Pouliakas, Konstantinos & Zangelidis, Alexandros, 2009. "The Inter-Related Dynamics of Dual Job Holding, Human Capital and Occupational Choice," IZA Discussion Papers 4437, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Paxson, Christina H & Sicherman, Nachum, 1996. "The Dynamics of Dual Job Holding and Job Mobility," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(3), pages 357-393, July.
- David Neumark, 2000. "Changes in Job Stability and Job Security: A Collective Effort to Untangle, Reconcile, and Interpret the Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7472, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bell, David & Hart, Robert A & Wright, Robert E, 1997. "Multiple Job Holding as a 'Hedge' Against Unemployment," CEPR Discussion Papers 1626, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Heineck, Guido & Schwarze, Johannes, 2004. "Fly Me to the Moon: The Determinants of Secondary Jobholding in Germany and the UK," IZA Discussion Papers 1358, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Zhongmin Wu & Mark Baimbridge & Yu Zhu, 2009.
"Multiple job holding in the United Kingdom: evidence from the British Household Panel Survey,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(21), pages 2751-2766.
- Zhongmin Wu & Mark Baimbridge & Yu Zhu, 2008. "Multiple job holding in the United Kingdom: evidence from the Bristish household panel survey," Working Papers 2008/1, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham Business School, Economics Division.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2005.
"Simple solutions to the initial conditions problem in dynamic, nonlinear panel data models with unobserved heterogeneity,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(1), pages 39-54.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2002. "Simple solutions to the initial conditions problem in dynamic, nonlinear panel data models with unobserved heterogeneity," CeMMAP working papers CWP18/02, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Smith Conway, Karen & Kimmel, Jean, 1998. "Male labor supply estimates and the decision to moonlight," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 135-166, June.
- Renna, Francesco & Oaxaca, Ronald L., 2006. "The Economics of Dual Job Holding: A Job Portfolio Model of Labor Supply," IZA Discussion Papers 1915, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Klapper, Leora F. & Panos, Georgios A., 2009. "Entrepreneurship in post-conflict transition : the role of informality and access to finance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4935, The World Bank.
- Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Kimmel, Jean, 2005. "Moonlighting Behavior over the Business Cycle," IZA Discussion Papers 1671, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Böheim, René & Taylor, Mark P., 2004.
"And in the Evening She's a Singer with the Band – Second Jobs, Plight or Pleasure?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1081, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- BÃ¶heim, RenÃ© & Taylor, Mark P., 2004. "And in the evening she's a singer with the band: second jobs, plight or pleasure," ISER Working Paper Series 2004-03, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Robert Jäckle & Oliver Himmler, 2010.
"Health and Wages: Panel Data Estimates Considering Selection and Endogeneity,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 45(2).
- Robert Jäckle, 2007. "Health and Wages - Panel data estimates considering selection and endogeneity," ifo Working Paper Series 43, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Jäckle, Robert & Himmler, Oliver, 2007. "Health and Wages - Panel data estimates considering selection and endogeneity," MPRA Paper 11578, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2008.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1995. "Selection corrections for panel data models under conditional mean independence assumptions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 115-132, July.
- Mark Partridge, 2002. "Moonlighting in a High Growth Economy: Evidence from U.S. State-Level Data," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(4), pages 424-452.
- Ekaterini Kyriazidou, 1997. "Estimation of a Panel Data Sample Selection Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(6), pages 1335-1364, November.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1984. "Panel data," Handbook of Econometrics,in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 22, pages 1247-1318 Elsevier.
- Alessandra Guariglia & Byung-Yeon Kim, 2004. "Earnings uncertainty, precautionary saving, and moonlighting in Russia," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 17(2), pages 289-310, June.
- Semykina, Anastasia & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 2010.
"Estimating panel data models in the presence of endogeneity and selection,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 157(2), pages 375-380, August.
- Anastasia Semykina & Jeffrey M. Woodridge, 2010. "Estimating Panel Data Models in the Presence of Endogeneity and Selection," Working Papers wp2010_10_01, Department of Economics, Florida State University.
- Williams, Nicolas, 2009.
"Seniority, experience, and wages in the UK,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 272-283, June.
- Nicolas Williams, 2004. "Seniority, Experience, and Wages in the UK," University of Cincinnati, Economics Working Papers Series 2004-06, University of Cincinnati, Department of Economics.
- Montmarquette, Claude & Cannings, Kathy & Mahseredjian, Sophie, 2002.
"How do young people choose college majors?,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 543-556, December.
- Montmarquette, C. & Cannings, C. & Mahseredjian,S., 1997. "How do Young People Choose College Majors?," Cahiers de recherche 9719, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Kathy Cannings & Sophie Mahseredjian & Claude Montmarquette, 1997. "How Do Young People Choose College Majors ?," CIRANO Working Papers 97s-38, CIRANO.
- MONTMARQUETTE, Claude & CANNINGS, Kathy & MAHSEREDJIAN, Sophie, 1997. "How do Young People Choose College Majors?," Cahiers de recherche 9719, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Francesco Renna, 2006. "Moonlighting and Overtime: A Cross-Country Analysis," Journal of Labor Research, Transaction Publishers, vol. 27(4), pages 575-591, October.
- Andrew M. Jones & José M. Labeaga, 2003. "Individual heterogeneity and censoring in panel data estimates of tobacco expenditure," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(2), pages 157-177.
- Mark C. Berger, 1988. "Predicted Future Earnings and Choice of College Major," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 41(3), pages 418-429, April.
- Mundlak, Yair, 1978. "On the Pooling of Time Series and Cross Section Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 69-85, January.
- Gueorgui Kambourov & Iourii Manovskii, 2009. "Occupational Mobility and Wage Inequality," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 76(2), pages 731-759.
- Boskin, Michael J, 1974. "A Conditional Logit Model of Occupational Choice," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(2), pages 389-398, Part I, M.
- Henry S. Farber, 1998. "Are Lifetime Jobs Disappearing? Job Duration in the United States, 1973-1993," NBER Chapters,in: Labor Statistics Measurement Issues, pages 157-206 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alessandra Guariglia & Byung-Yeon Kim, 2006. "The dynamics of moonlighting in Russia," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 14(1), pages 1-45, March.
- Alexandros Zangelidis, 2008.
"Seniority Profiles in Unionized Workplaces: Do Unions Still have the Edge?,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(3), pages 327-345, June.
- Alexandros Zangelidis, 2004. "Seniority Profiles In Unionised Workplaces: Do Unions Still Have The Edge?," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2004 48, Royal Economic Society.
- Christian Dustmann & María Engracia Rochina-Barrachina, 2007. "Selection correction in panel data models: An application to the estimation of females' wage equations," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 10(2), pages 263-293, July.
- Alexandros Zangelidis, 2008. "Occupational And Industry Specificity Of Human Capital In The British Labour Market," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 55(4), pages 420-443, September.
- Helen Robinson & Jonathan Wadsworth, 2007. "Impact Of The Minimum Wage On The Incidence Of Second Job Holding In Britain," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 54(4), pages 553-574, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dickey, Heather & Watson, Verity & Zangelidis, Alexandros, 2009. "What triggers multiple job holding? An experimental investigation," MPRA Paper 17575, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsMoonlighting; Occupational Choice; Human Capital; Mobility;
- J62 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Job, Occupational and Intergenerational Mobility; Promotion
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-HRM-2009-08-22 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2009-08-22 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:16859. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .