Role of Human Resource Practices in Absorptive Capacity and R&D Cooperation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John T. Addison & Claus Schnabel & Joachim Wagner, 2004.
"The Course of Research into the Economic Consequences of German Works Councils,"
British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 42(2), pages 255-281, June.
- Addison, John T. & Schnabel, Claus & Wagner, Joachim, 2003. "The course of research into the economic consequences of German works councils," Discussion Papers 22, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
- Addison, John T. & Schnabel, Claus & Wagner, Joachim, 2003. "The Course of Research into the Economic Consequences of German Works Councils," IZA Discussion Papers 878, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Veugelers, Reinhilde & Cassiman, Bruno, 2005.
"R&D cooperation between firms and universities. Some empirical evidence from Belgian manufacturing,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(5-6), pages 355-379, June.
- Veugelers, Reinhilde & Cassiman, Bruno, 2003. "R&D Cooperation Between Firms and Universities: Some Empirical Evidence from Belgian Manufacturing," CEPR Discussion Papers 3951, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jing Zhang & Charles Baden-Fuller & Vincent Mangematin, 2007. "Technological Knowledge Base, R&D Organization Structure and Alliance Formation: Evidence from the Biopharmaceutical Industry," Post-Print hal-00424512, HAL.
- Simonen, Jaakko & McCann, Philip, 2008.
"Firm innovation: The influence of R&D cooperation and the geography of human capital inputs,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 146-154, July.
- Jaakko Simonen & Philip McCann, 2007. "Firm Innovation: The Influence Of R&D Cooperation And The Geography Of Human Capital Inputs," Monash Economics Working Papers 29-07, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Hagedoorn, John, 2002. "Inter-firm R&D partnerships: an overview of major trends and patterns since 1960," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 477-492, May.
- Ron Boschma & Rikard Eriksson & Urban Lindgren, 2009.
"How does labour mobility affect the performance of plants? The importance of relatedness and geographical proximity,"
Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 169-190, March.
- Ron Boschma & R. Eriksson & U. Lindgren, 2008. "How does Labour Mobility affect the Performance of Plants? The importance of relatedness and geographical proximity," DRUID Working Papers 08-14, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Cockburn, Iain M & Henderson, Rebecca M, 1998. "Absorptive Capacity, Coauthoring Behavior, and the Organization of Research in Drug Discovery," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 157-182, June.
- Cohen, Wesley M & Klepper, Steven, 1996. "Firm Size and the Nature of Innovation within Industries: The Case of Process and Product R&D," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(2), pages 232-243, May.
- Uwe Cantner & Andreas Meder, 2007. "Technological proximity and the choice of cooperation partner," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 2(1), pages 45-65, June.
- Fritsch, Michael & Lukas, Rolf, 2001.
"Who cooperates on R&D?,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 297-312, February.
- Fritsch, Michael & Lukas, Rolf, 1998. "Who Cooperates on R&D?," Freiberg Working Papers 1998/12, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Fritsch, M. & Lukas, R., 1998. "Who Cooperates on R & D ?," Papers 98/12, Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Jansen, J.J.P. & van den Bosch, F.A.J. & Volberda, H.W., 2005. "Managing Potential and Realized Absorptive Capacity: How do Organizational Antecedents matter?," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2005-025-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- C. K. Prahalad & Richard A. Bettis, 1986. "The dominant logic: A new linkage between diversity and performance," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(6), pages 485-501, November.
- Bruno Cassiman & Reinhilde Veugelers, 2002. "R&D Cooperation and Spillovers: Some Empirical Evidence from Belgium," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 1169-1184, September.
- Rachel Griffith & Elena Huergo & Jacques Mairesse & Bettina Peters, 2006.
"Innovation and Productivity Across Four European Countries,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(4), pages 483-498, Winter.
- Rachel Griffith & Elena Huergo & Jacques Mairesse & Bettina Peters, 2006. "Innovation and Productivity across Four European Countries," NBER Working Papers 12722, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Keld Laursen & Volker Mahnke, 2001.
"Knowledge Strategies, Firm Types, and Complementarity in Human-Resource Practices,"
Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 5(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Keld Laursen & Volker Mahnke, "undated". "Knowledge strategies, firm types, and complementarity in human-resource practices," IVS/CBS Working Papers 00-8, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy, Copenhagen Business School.
- Drejer, Ina, 2004. "Identifying innovation in surveys of services: a Schumpeterian perspective," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 551-562, April.
- Ron Boschma, 2005. "Editorial: Role of Proximity in Interaction and Performance: Conceptual and Empirical Challenges," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 41-45.
- OA Carboni, 2010. "Heterogeneity in R&D Cooperation: An Empirical Investigation," Working Paper CRENoS 201029, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Ipsita Roy & Uwe Cantner & Wolfgang Gerstlberger, 2020.
"Works councils, training activities and innovation: a study of German firms,"
International Journal of Human Resources Development and Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 20(3/4), pages 269-294.
- Uwe Cantner & Wolfgang Gerstlberger & Ipsita Roy, 2014. "Works Councils, Training Activities and Innovation: A Study of German Firms," Jena Economics Research Papers 2014-006, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Casey Ichniowski & Kathryn Shaw, 1999. "The Effects of Human Resource Management Systems on Economic Performance: An International Comparison of U.S. and Japanese Plants," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(5), pages 704-721, May.
- Zhang, Jing & Baden-Fuller, Charles & Mangematin, Vincent, 2007.
"Technological knowledge base, R&D organization structure and alliance formation: Evidence from the biopharmaceutical industry,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 515-528, May.
- Jing Zhang & Charles Baden-Fuller & Vincent Mangematin, 2007. "Technological Knowledge Base, R&D Organization Structure and Alliance Formation: Evidence from the Biopharmaceutical Industry," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00424512, HAL.
- Nile W. Hatch & Jeffrey H. Dyer, 2004. "Human capital and learning as a source of sustainable competitive advantage," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(12), pages 1155-1178, December.
- Becker, Wolfgang & Dietz, Jurgen, 2004.
"R&D cooperation and innovation activities of firms--evidence for the German manufacturing industry,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 209-223, March.
- Wolfgang Becker & Juergen Dietz, 2002. "R&D Cooperation and Innovation Activities of Firms - Evidence for the German Manufacturing Industry -," Discussion Paper Series 222, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- Hipp, Christiane & Grupp, Hariolf, 2005. "Innovation in the service sector: The demand for service-specific innovation measurement concepts and typologies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 517-535, May.
- Sophia Rabe-Hesketh & Anders Skrondal & Andrew Pickles, 2002. "Reliable estimation of generalized linear mixed models using adaptive quadrature," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Vega-Jurado, Jaider & Gutiérrez-Gracia, Antonio & Fernández-de-Lucio, Ignacio & Manjarrés-Henriquez, Liney, 2008. "The effect of external and internal factors on firms' product innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 616-632, May.
- Lopez, Alberto, 2008. "Determinants of R&D cooperation: Evidence from Spanish manufacturing firms," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 113-136, January.
- Chen, Chung-Jen & Huang, Jing-Wen, 2009. "Strategic human resource practices and innovation performance -- The mediating role of knowledge management capacity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 104-114, January.
- Casey Ichniowski & Kathryn Shaw & Giovanna Prennushi, 1995. "The Effects of Human Resource Management Practices on Productivity," NBER Working Papers 5333, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Veugelers, Reinhilde, 1997. "Internal R & D expenditures and external technology sourcing," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 303-315, October.
- Jaeyong Song & Paul Almeida & Geraldine Wu, 2003. "Learning--by--Hiring: When Is Mobility More Likely to Facilitate Interfirm Knowledge Transfer?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(4), pages 351-365, April.
- Kaiser, Ulrich, 2002. "An empirical test of models explaining research expenditures and research cooperation: evidence for the German service sector," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 747-774, June.
- Frans A. J. Van den Bosch & Henk W. Volberda & Michiel de Boer, 1999. "Coevolution of Firm Absorptive Capacity and Knowledge Environment: Organizational Forms and Combinative Capabilities," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(5), pages 551-568, October.
- Wolfgang Becker & Juergen Peters, 2000. "Technological Opportunities, Absorptive Capacities, and Innovation," Discussion Paper Series 195, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- Cooper, Arnold C. & Gimeno-Gascon, F. Javier & Woo, Carolyn Y., 1994. "Initial human and financial capital as predictors of new venture performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 371-395, September.
- Okamuro, Hiroyuki, 2007. "Determinants of successful R&D cooperation in Japanese small businesses: The impact of organizational and contractual characteristics," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1529-1544, December.
- Edward P. Lazear, 1999. "Output-based Pay: Incentives or Sorting?," NBER Working Papers 7419, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Medase, Kehinde, 2019. "The Impact of the Heterogeneity of Employees’ Qualifications on Firm-level Innovation Evidence from Nigerian Firms," VfS Annual Conference 2019 (Leipzig): 30 Years after the Fall of the Berlin Wall - Democracy and Market Economy 203563, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ipsita Roy, 2018. "Role of human resource practices in absorptive capacity and R&D cooperation," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 885-913, September.
- Chiara Franco & Manuela Gussoni, 2014. "The role of firm and national level factors in fostering R&D cooperation: a cross country comparison," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 39(6), pages 945-976, December.
- Manuela Gussoni, 2009. "The determinants of inter-firms R&D cooperation and partner selection. A literature overview," Discussion Papers 2009/86, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6963 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5009 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carboni, Oliviero A., 2013. "Heterogeneity in R&D collaboration: An empirical investigation," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 48-59.
- Carboni, Oliviero A., 2012. "An empirical investigation of the determinants of R&D cooperation: An application of the inverse hyperbolic sine transformation," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 131-141.
- Sánchez-González, Gloria & González-Álvarez, Nuria & Nieto, Mariano, 2009. "Sticky information and heterogeneous needs as determining factors of R&D cooperation with customers," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 1590-1603, December.
- Peeters, T.J.G., 2013. "External knowledge search and use in new product development," Other publications TiSEM 300ebb34-b090-4210-b95e-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Davide Antonioli & Alberto Marzucchi & Maria Savona, 2017. "Pain shared, pain halved? Cooperation as a coping strategy for innovation barriers," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 841-864, August.
- Hohberger, Jan & Almeida, Paul & Parada, Pedro, 2015. "The direction of firm innovation: The contrasting roles of strategic alliances and individual scientific collaborations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(8), pages 1473-1487.
- Vivas-Augier, Carlos & Barge-Gil, Andrés, 2012. "Impact on firms of the use of knowledge providers: a systematic review of the literature," MPRA Paper 41042, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bertha Jimenez & Bojan Angelov & Bharat Rao, 2012. "Service Absorptive Capacity: Its Evolution and Implications for Innovation," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 3(2), pages 142-163, June.
- Czarnitzki, Dirk & Hottenrott, Hanna, 2012. "Collaborative R&D as a strategy to attenuate financing constraints," ZEW Discussion Papers 12-049, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Christian Rammer & Dirk Czarnitzki & Alfred Spielkamp, 2009.
"Innovation success of non-R&D-performers: substituting technology by management in SMEs,"
Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 35-58, June.
- Spielkamp, Alfred & Czarnitzki, Dirk & Rammer, Christian, 2008. "Innovation Success of Non-R&D-Performers: Substituting Technology by Management in SMEs," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-092, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Spyros Arvanitis, 2009. "How do different motives for R&D cooperation affect firm performance?," KOF Working papers 09-233, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Okamuro, Hiroyuki & Kato, Masatoshi & Honjo, Yuji, 2011. "Determinants of R&D cooperation in Japanese start-ups," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 728-738, June.
- Jorge Gallego & Luis Rubalcaba, 2013. "Patterns of public–private collaboration for innovation in Europe," Chapters, in: Faïz Gallouj & Luis Rubalcaba & Paul Windrum (ed.), Public–Private Innovation Networks in Services, chapter 6, pages 139-163, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Arie Y. Lewin & Silvia Massini & Carine Peeters, 2011. "Microfoundations of Internal and External Absorptive Capacity Routines," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(1), pages 81-98, February.
- Belderbos, Rene & Carree, Martin & Diederen, Bert & Lokshin, Boris & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2004. "Heterogeneity in R&D cooperation strategies," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1237-1263, November.
- René Belderbos & Martin Carree & Boris Lokshin & Juan Fernández Sastre, 2015.
"Inter-temporal patterns of R&D collaboration and innovative performance,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 123-137, February.
- Belderbos, R.A. & Carree, M.A. & Lokshin, B. & Fernandez, J., 2015. "Inter-temporal patterns of R&D collaboration and innovative performance," Research Memorandum 004, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- Claudia Cantabene & Iacopo Grassi, 2020.
"R&D cooperation in SMEs: the direct effect and the moderating role of human capital,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(28), pages 3090-3105, June.
- Cantabene, Claudia & grassi, iacopo, 2018. "R&D cooperation in SMEs: the direct effect and the moderating role of human capital," MPRA Paper 87925, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsAbsorptive capacity; strategic human resource; employment practices; compensation programs; R&D cooperation; innovation;
All these keywords.
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executives; Executive Compensation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CDM-2015-11-21 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-CSE-2015-11-21 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-HRM-2015-11-21 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-INO-2015-11-21 (Innovation)
- NEP-SBM-2015-11-21 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2015-018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.jenecon.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Markus Pasche (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.jenecon.de .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.