The Effects of Human Resource Management Systems on Economic Performance: An International Comparison of U.S. and Japanese Plants
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Osterman, 1994. "How Common is Workplace Transformation and Who Adopts it?," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 47(2), pages 173-188, January.
- George Baker & Robert Gibbons & Kevin J. Murphy, 1994. "Subjective Performance Measures in Optimal Incentive Contracts," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(4), pages 1125-1156.
- John Paul Macduffie, 1995. "Human Resource Bundles and Manufacturing Performance: Organizational Logic and Flexible Production Systems in the World Auto Industry," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 48(2), pages 197-221, January.
- Ichniowski, Casey & Shaw, Kathryn & Prennushi, Giovanna, 1997. "The Effects of Human Resource Management Practices on Productivity: A Study of Steel Finishing Lines," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(3), pages 291-313, June.
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Milgrom, Paul, 1994. "The Firm as an Incentive System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 972-991, September.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1990. "The Economics of Modern Manufacturing: Technology, Strategy, and Organization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 511-528, June.
- Kochan, Thomas A., 1996. "What works at work : overview and assessment," Working papers 3886-96., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gatti, Corrado & Volpe, Loredana & Vagnani, Gianluca, 2015. "Interdependence among productive activities: Implications for exploration and exploitation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 711-722.
- Jordan I. Siegel & Barbara Zepp Larson, 2009. "Labor Market Institutions and Global Strategic Adaptation: Evidence from Lincoln Electric," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(9), pages 1527-1546, September.
- Chandra Sekhar & Manoj Patwardhan & Vishal Vyas, 2016. "A Study of HR Flexibility and Firm Performance: A Perspective from IT Industry," Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, Springer;Global Institute of Flexible Systems Management, vol. 17(1), pages 57-75, March.
- William Collier & Francis Green & Young-Bae Kim & John Peirson, 2011.
"Education, Training and Economic Performance: Evidence from Establishment Survival Data,"
Journal of Labor Research,
Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 336-361, December.
- William Collier & Francis Green & Young-Bae Kim & John Peirson, 2008. "Education, Training and Economic Performance: Evidence from Establishment Survival Data," Studies in Economics 0822, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Yun-Hwa Chiang & Chu-Chun Hsu & His-An Shih, 2015. "Experienced high performance work system, extroversion personality, and creativity performance," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 531-549, June.
- Andrew J. Oswald & Eugenio Proto & Daniel Sgroi, 2015.
"Happiness and Productivity,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(4), pages 789-822.
- Oswald, Andrew J. & Proto, Eugenio & Sgroi, Daniel, 2008. "Happiness and Productivity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 882, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Oswald, Andrew J. & Proto, Eugenio & Sgroi, Daniel, 2009. "Happiness and Productivity," IZA Discussion Papers 4645, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Oswald, Andrew J. & Proto, Eugenio & Sgroi, Daniel, 2008. "Happiness and Productivity," Economic Research Papers 269911, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Oswald, Andrew & Proto, Eugenio & Sgroi, Daniel, 2013. "Happiness and Productivity," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 108, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- David Cooper & John Lightle, 2013. "The gift of advice: communication in a bilateral gift exchange game," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 16(4), pages 443-477, December.
- Marvin B. Lieberman & Rajeev Dhawan, 2005. "Assessing the Resource Base of Japanese and U.S. Auto Producers: A Stochastic Frontier Production Function Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(7), pages 1060-1075, July.
- Albert Irawan, 2014. "Factors that Determines the Success of Business Demon Value Added Management," Business and Economic Research, Macrothink Institute, vol. 4(1), pages 319-350, June.
- Ota, Hitoshi, 2018. "Adoption of High Performance Work Organization, trade unions and employment redundancy in India," IDE Discussion Papers 723, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Cooper, David J. & Sutter, Matthias, 2011. "Role Selection and Team Performance," IZA Discussion Papers 5892, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:136:y:2017:i:c:p:76-90 is not listed on IDEAS
- Boselie, J.P.P.E.F. & Paauwe, J. & Jansen, P., 2000. "Human Resource Management and Performance," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2000-46-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Steve Berry & Ahmed Khwaja & Vineet Kumar & Andres Musalem & Kenneth Wilbur & Greg Allenby & Bharat Anand & Pradeep Chintagunta & W. Hanemann & Przemek Jeziorski & Angelo Mele, 2014. "Structural models of complementary choices," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 245-256, September.
- Gupta, Vishal, 2013. "Development of a Causal Framework linking High Perofrmance HRM Practices, Positive Psychological Capital, Creative Behaviours," IIMA Working Papers WP2013-03-05, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Boselie, J.P.P.E.F. & Paauwe, J. & Richardson, R., 2002. "Human Resource management, Institutionalisation and Organisational Performance," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2002-41-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Boselie, J.P.P.E.F. & Hesselink, M. & Paauwe, J. & van der Wiele, A., 2001. "Employee Perception on Commitment Oriented Work Systems," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2001-02-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Boswell, Wendy R. & Bingham, John B. & Colvin, Alexander J.S., 2006. "Aligning employees through "line of sight"," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 49(6), pages 499-509.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:148:y:2018:i:c:p:20-33 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nakamura, Tsuyoshi & Ohashi, Hiroshi, 2012. "Intra-plant diffusion of new technology: Role of productivity in the study of steel refining furnaces," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 770-779.
- Jaime Ortega, 2001. "Job Rotation as a Learning Mechanism," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(10), pages 1361-1370, October.
- Bradley R. Staats & Francesca Gino, 2012. "Specialization and Variety in Repetitive Tasks: Evidence from a Japanese Bank," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(6), pages 1141-1159, June.
- Zavyalova, E.K. & Kosheleva, S.V. & Alsufyev, A.I. & Tsybova, V.S. & Kucherov, D.G., 2015. "Innovative human resource management practices in Indian IT companies," Working Papers 6429, Graduate School of Management, St. Petersburg State University.
More about this item
Keywordshuman resource management; productivity; Japan;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:45:y:1999:i:5:p:704-721. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.