Do hospitals respond to greater autonomy? Evidence from the English NHS
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Giorgia Marini & Marisa Miraldo & Rowena Jacobs & Maria Goddard, 2008. "Giving greater financial independence to hospitals-does it make a difference? The case of English NHS Trusts," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(6), pages 751-775.
- George France & Francesco Taroni & Andrea Donatini, 2005. "The Italian health-care system," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(S1), pages 187-202.
- Propper, Carol & Sutton, Matt & Whitnall, Carolyn & Windmeijer, Frank, 2010.
"Incentives and targets in hospital care: Evidence from a natural experiment,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(3-4), pages 318-335, April.
- Carol Propper & Matt Sutton & Carolyn Whitnall & Frank Windmeijer, 2008. "Incentives and Targets in Hospital Care: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 08/205, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Sofia Dimakou & David Parkin & Nancy Devlin & John Appleby, 2009. "Identifying the impact of government targets on waiting times in the NHS," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 1-10, March.
- Allen, Pauline, 2006. "New localism in the English National Health Service: What is it for?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 79(2-3), pages 244-252, December.
- Rowena Jacobs & Diane Dawson, 2003. "Hospital efficiency targets," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(8), pages 669-684.
- Sascha O. Becker & Andrea Ichino, 2002. "Estimation of average treatment effects based on propensity scores," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(4), pages 358-377, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adriana Castelli & Andrew Street & Rossella Verzulli & Padraic Ward, 2015. "Examining variations in hospital productivity in the English NHS," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 16(3), pages 243-254, April.
- Maria Jose Aragon Aragon & Adriana Castelli & James Gaughan, 2015. "Hospital trusts productivity in the English NHS: uncovering possible drivers of productivity variations," Working Papers 117cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Joan Costa‐Font & Edward C. Norton & Luigi Siciliani & James Gaughan & Hugh Gravelle & Luigi Siciliani, 2017.
"Delayed Discharges and Hospital Type: Evidence from the English NHS,"
Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 38, pages 495-519, September.
- James Gaughan & Hugh Gravelle & Luigi Siciliani, 2016. "Delayed discharges and hospital type: Evidence from the English NHS," Working Papers 133cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Rossella Verzulli & Gianluca Fiorentini & Matteo Lippi Bruni & Cristina Ugolini, 2017.
"Price Changes in Regulated Healthcare Markets: Do Public Hospitals Respond and How?,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(11), pages 1429-1446, November.
- R. Verzulli & G. Fiorentini & M. Lippi Bruni & C. Ugolini, 2015. "Price Changes in Regulated Healthcare Markets: Do Public Hospitals Respond and How?," Working Papers wp1041, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Eleonora Fichera & Hugh Gravelle & Mario Pezzino & Matt Sutton, 2016. "Quality target negotiation in health care: evidence from the English NHS," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 17(7), pages 811-822, September.
- Johannessen, Karl Arne & Kittelsen, Sverre A.C. & Hagen, Terje P., 2017. "Assessing physician productivity following Norwegian hospital reform: A panel and data envelopment analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 117-126.
More about this item
KeywordsFoundation Trusts; hospital reform; performance indicators;
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chy:respap:64cherp. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gill Forder). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/chyoruk.html .