Trade Allocation Modeling: Comparing The Results From Armington And Locally Regular Ai Demand System Specifications Of A Uk Beef Import Demand Allocation Model
Locally regular almost ideal demand system and Armington specifications of a UK beef import demand allocation model are estimated. A Bayesian methodology is used that allows for the incorporation of prior information from microeconomic theory. The results illustrate the potential of regularity constrained locally flexible functional forms in modeling trade.
|Date of creation:||2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Koop, Gary, 1994. " Recent Progress in Applied Bayesian Econometrics," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 1-34, March.
- Terrell, Dek, 1996. "Incorporating Monotonicity and Concavity Conditions in Flexible Functional Forms," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 179-94, March-Apr.
- Stephen Gordon, 1996.
"Using Mixtures of Flexible Functional Forms to Estimate Factor Demand Elasticities,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(3), pages 717-36, August.
- GORDON, Stephen, 1995. "Using Mixtures of Flexible Functional Forms to Estimate Factor Demand Elasticities," Cahiers de recherche 9502, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Poirier, Dale J, 1988. "Frequentist and Subjectivist Perspectives on the Problems of Model Building in Economics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 121-44, Winter.
- Shiells, Clinton R, 1991. "Errors in Import-Demand Estimates Based upon Unit-Value Indexes," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(2), pages 378-82, May.
- Geweke, John, 1986. "Exact Inference in the Inequality Constrained Normal Linear Regression Model," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(2), pages 127-41, April.
- Varian, Hal R, 1982. "The Nonparametric Approach to Demand Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 945-73, July.
- Heien, Dale & Pick, Daniel H., 1991. "The Structure Of International Demand For Soybean Products," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 23(01), July.
- Winters, L. Alan, 1984. "Separability and the specification of foreign trade functions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3-4), pages 239-263, November.
- Deaton, Angus, 1986. "Demand analysis," Handbook of Econometrics, in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 30, pages 1767-1839 Elsevier.
- Brenton, Paul A., 1989. "Modeling bilateral trade flows: An empirical analysis using disaggregate commodity data," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 547-567.
- Paul Brenton, 1989. "The allocation approach to trade modelling: Some tests of separability between imports and domestic production and between different imported commodity groups," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 125(2), pages 230-251, June.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-26, June.
- Gallant, A. Ronald, 1975. "Seemingly unrelated nonlinear regressions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 35-50, February.
- Yang, Seung-Ryong & Koo, Won W., 1994. "Japanese Meat Import Demand Estimation With The Source Differentiated Aids Model," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(02), December.
- Irving B. Kravis & Robert E. Lipsey, 1975.
"International Trade Prices and Price Proxies,"
in: The Role of the Computer in Economic and Social Research in Latin America, pages 253-268
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Weatherspoon, Dave D. & Seale, James L., Jr., 1995. "Do The Japanese Discriminate Against Australian Beef Imports?: Evidence From The Differential Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(02), December.
- Chib, Siddhartha & Greenberg, Edward, 1995. "Hierarchical analysis of SUR models with extensions to correlated serial errors and time-varying parameter models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 339-360, August.
- Chib, Siddhartha & Greenberg, Edward, 1996.
"Markov Chain Monte Carlo Simulation Methods in Econometrics,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(03), pages 409-431, August.
- Siddhartha Chib & Edward Greenberg, 1994. "Markov Chain Monte Carlo Simulation Methods in Econometrics," Econometrics 9408001, EconWPA, revised 24 Oct 1994.
- Seale, James L., Jr. & Sparks, Amy L. & Buxton, Boyd M., 1992. "A Rotterdam Application To International Trade In Fresh Apples: A Differential Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(01), July.
- Paul A. Brenton & L. Alan Winters, 1992. "Estimating the International Trade Effects of '1992': West Germany," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(2), pages 143-156, 06.
- Deschamps, Philippe J., 2000. "Exact small-sample inference in stationary, fully regular, dynamic demand models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 51-91, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea01:20510. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.