Frequentist and Subjectivist Perspectives on the Problems of Model Building in Economics
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 2 (1988)
Issue (Month): 1 (Winter)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.aeaweb.org/jep/|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.aeaweb.org/subscribe.html|
- Gordon, Stephen & Bélanger, Gilles, 1996.
"Échantillonnage de Gibbs et autres applications économétriques des chaînes markoviennes,"
Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 72(1), pages 27-49, mars.
- GORDON, Stephen & BÉLANGER, Gilles, 1995. "Échantillonnage de Gibbs et autres applications économétriques des chaînes markoviennes," Cahiers de recherche 9509, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Gordon, S. & Belanger, G., 1995. "Echantillonnage de Gibbs et autres application econometriques des chaines merkoviennes," Papers 9509, Laval - Recherche en Politique Economique.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1991. "The Long-Run Australian Consumption Function Reexamined: An Empirical Exercise in Bayesian Influence," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1000, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Steel, Mark F. J., 1991. "A Bayesian analysis of simultaneous equation models by combining recursive analytical and numerical approaches," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1-2), pages 83-117.
- Steel, M.F.J., 1989. "A Bayesian analysis of simultaneous equation models by combining recursive analytical and numerical approaches," Discussion Paper 1989-8, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Steel, M.F.J., 1989. "A Bayesian Analysis Of Simultaneous Equation Models By Combining Recursive Analytical And Numerical Approaches," Papers 8908, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- John Geweke, 1999. "Using simulation methods for bayesian econometric models: inference, development,and communication," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 1-73.
- John F. Geweke, 1998. "Using simulation methods for Bayesian econometric models: inference, development, and communication," Staff Report 249, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Hanrahan, Kevin F. & Westhoff, Patrick C. & Young, Robert E., II, 2001. "Trade Allocation Modeling: Comparing The Results From Armington And Locally Regular Ai Demand System Specifications Of A Uk Beef Import Demand Allocation Model," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20510, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Daisuke Ichinose & Masashi Yamamoto & Yuichiro Yoshida, 2013. "Bayesian Estimation of the Decoupling of Affluence and Waste Discharge under Spatial Correlation : Do Richer Communities Discharge More Waste?," IDEC DP2 Series 3-10, Hiroshima University, Graduate School for International Development and Cooperation (IDEC).
- Fernandez, Carmen & Ley, Eduardo & Steel, Mark F. J., 2001. "Benchmark priors for Bayesian model averaging," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 381-427, February.
- Carmen Fernández & Eduardo Ley & Mark F. J. Steel, "undated". "Benchmark priors for Bayesian Model averaging," Working Papers 98-06, FEDEA.
- Carmen Fernandez & Eduardo Ley & Mark F J Steel, 1998. "Benchmark priors for Bayesian model averaging," ESE Discussion Papers 26, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Carmen Fernandez & Eduardo Ley & Mark F.J. Steel, 1998. "Benchmark Priors for Bayesian Model Averaging," Econometrics 9804001, EconWPA, revised 31 Jul 1999.
- Carmen Fernandez & Eduardo Ley & Mark F J Steel, 1998. "Benchmark priors for Bayesian model averaging," ESE Discussion Papers 66, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Roskelley, Kenneth D., 2008. "Cromwell's Rule and the Role of the Prior in the Economic Metric: An Application to the Portfolio Allocation Problem," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 26, pages 227-236, April.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Werner Ploberger, 1992. "Time Series Modeling with a Bayesian Frame of Reference: Concepts, Illustrations and Asymptotics," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1038, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Steel, M.F.J., 1991. "Bayesian Inference in Time Series," Papers 9153, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Steel, M.F.J., 1991. "Bayesian inference in time series," Discussion Paper 1991-53, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Salvatore Modica, 2008. "Unawareness, priors and posteriors," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer;Associazione per la Matematica, vol. 31(2), pages 81-94, November.
- Mirowski, Philip, 1995. "Three ways to think about testing in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 25-46, May.
- Adrian C. Darnell, 1994. "A Dictionary Of Econometrics," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 118, July.
- Brownstone, David, 2001. "Discrete Choice Modeling for Transportation," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt29v7d1pk, University of California Transportation Center.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jecper:v:2:y:1988:i:1:p:121-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros)or (Michael P. Albert)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed