Household Contributions to Community Development in Indonesia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Agrawal, Arun & Gupta, Krishna, 2005. "Decentralization and Participation: The Governance of Common Pool Resources in Nepal's Terai," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1101-1114, July.
- Agrawal, Arun, 2001. "Common Property Institutions and Sustainable Governance of Resources," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 1649-1672, October.
- Christopher Silver, 2003. "Do the donors have it right? Decentralization and changing local governance in Indonesia," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 37(3), pages 421-434, August.
- Agrawal, Arun & Gibson, Clark C., 1999. "Enchantment and Disenchantment: The Role of Community in Natural Resource Conservation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 629-649, April.
- Ghazala Mansuri, 2004.
"Community-Based and -Driven Development: A Critical Review,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 19(1), pages 1-39.
- Mansuri, Ghazala & Rao, Vijayendra, 2004. "Community-based (and driven) development : A critical review," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3209, The World Bank.
- Katherine Rankin, 2002. "Social Capital, Microfinance, and the Politics of Development," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 1-24.
- Amrita Daniere & Lois M. Takahashi & Anchana Naranong, 2002. "Social Capital, Networks, and Community Environments in Bangkok, Thailand," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(4), pages 453-484.
- Quiggin, John, 1993. "Common property, equality, and development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 1123-1138, July.
- Galasso, Emanuela & Ravallion, Martin, 2005. "Decentralized targeting of an antipoverty program," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(4), pages 705-727, April.
- Sumarto, Sudarno & Suryahadi, Asep & Pritchett, Lant, 2003. "Safety Nets or Safety Ropes? Dynamic Benefit Incidence of Two Crisis Programs in Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1257-1277, July.
- Okten, Cagla & Osili, Una Okonkwo, 2004. "Social Networks and Credit Access in Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1225-1246, July.
- Pritchett, Lant & Woolcock, Michael, 2004. "Solutions When the Solution is the Problem: Arraying the Disarray in Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 191-212, February.
- Uphoff, Norman & Wijayaratna, C. M., 2000. "Demonstrated Benefits from Social Capital: The Productivity of Farmer Organizations in Gal Oya, Sri Lanka," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 1875-1890, November.
- Ebrahim, Alnoor, 2003. "Accountability In Practice: Mechanisms for NGOs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 813-829, May.
- Conning, Jonathan & Kevane, Michael, 2002. "Community-Based Targeting Mechanisms for Social Safety Nets: A Critical Review," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 375-394, March.
- Trond Vedeld, 2000. "Village politics: Heterogeneity, leadership and collective action," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(5), pages 105-134.
- Gavin Shatkin, 2004. "Globalization and Local Leadership: Growth, Power and Politics in Thailand's Eastern Seaboard," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(1), pages 11-26, March.
- Hans Antlov, 2003. "Village Government And Rural Development In Indonesia: The New Democratic Framework," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(2), pages 193-214.
- Narayan, Deepa & Pritchett, Lant, 1999.
"Cents and Sociability: Household Income and Social Capital in Rural Tanzania,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(4), pages 871-897, July.
- Narayan, Deepa & Pritchett, Lant, 1997. "Cents and sociability : household income and social capital in rural Tanzania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1796, The World Bank.
- Anne Booth, 2003. "Decentralisation and poverty alleviation in Indonesia," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 21(2), pages 181-202, April.
- Campbell, Bruce & Mandondo, Alois & Nemarundwe, Nontokozo & Sithole, Bevlyne & De JonG, Wil & Luckert, Marty & Matose, Frank, 2001. "Challenges to Proponents of Common Property Recource Systems: Despairing Voices from the Social Forests of Zimbabwe," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 589-600, April.
- Woolcock, Michael & Narayan, Deepa, 2000. "Social Capital: Implications for Development Theory, Research, and Policy," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 15(2), pages 225-249, August.
- Beier, Christoph & Ferrazzi, Gabriele, 1998. "Fiscal decentralization in Indonesia: A comment on smoke and lewis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(12), pages 2201-2211, December.
- Smoke, Paul & Lewis, Blane D., 1996. "Fiscal decentralization in Indonesia: A new approach to an old idea," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(8), pages 1281-1299, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Benjamin A. Olken & Monica Singhal, 2011.
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 1-28, October.
- Benjamin A. Olken & Monica Singhal, 2009. "Informal Taxation," NBER Working Papers 15221, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olken, Benjamin A. & Singhal, Monica, 2011. "Informal Taxation," Scholarly Articles 5689166, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Singhal, Monica & Olken, Benjamin A., 2009. "Informal Taxation," Scholarly Articles 4449108, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Olken, Benjamin A. & Singhal, Monica, 2009. "Informal Taxation," Working Paper Series rwp09-033, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- repec:rss:jnljsh:v4i2p3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alin Halimatussadiah & Budy P. Resosudarmo & Diah Widyawati, 2014. "Social Capital to Induce a Contribution to Environmental Collective Action in Indonesia: An Experimental Method," Departmental Working Papers 2014-03, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Heinrich, Carolyn J. & Lopez, Yeri, 2009.
"Does Community Participation Produce Dividends in Social Investment Fund Projects?,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1554-1568, September.
- Carolyn Heinrich & Yeri López, 2007. "Does Community Participation Produce Dividends in Social Investment Fund Projects?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 3007, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Carolyn J. Heinrich & Yeri Lopez, 2007. "Does Community Participation Produce Dividens in Social Investment Fund Projects?," OVE Working Papers 0107, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE).
- Bandiera, Oriana & Levy, Gilat, 2010.
"Diversity and the Power of the Elites in Democratic Societies: A model and a test,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7985, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Oriana Bandiera & Gilat Levy, 2010. "Diversity and the Power of the Elites inDemocraticSocieties: A Model and a Test," STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series 018, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Pal, Sarmistha & Wahhaj, Zaki, 2017.
"Fiscal decentralisation, local institutions and public good provision: evidence from Indonesia,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 383-409.
- Sarmistha Pal & Zaki Wahhaj, 2012. "Fiscal Decentralisation, Local Institutions and Public Goods Provision: Evidence from Indonesia," Studies in Economics 1216, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Pal, Sarmistha & Wahhaj, Zaki, 2012. "Fiscal Decentralisation, Local Institutions and Public Goods Provision: Evidence from Indonesia," IZA Discussion Papers 7076, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Labonne, Julien & Chase, Robert S., 2009. "Who is at the Wheel When Communities Drive Development? Evidence from the Philippines," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 219-231, January.
- Sujarwoto, Sujarwoto & Tampubolon, Gindo, 2013. "Mother's social capital and child health in Indonesia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 1-9.
- Beitl, Christine M., 2014. "Adding Environment to the Collective Action Problem: Individuals, Civil Society, and the Mangrove-Fishery Commons in Ecuador," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 93-107.
- Sujarwoto & Gindo Tampubolon, 2011. "Child health and mothers’ social capital in Indonesia through crisis," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 14911, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Bandiera, Oriana & Levy, Gilat, 2011. "Diversity and the power of the elites in democratic societies: Evidence from Indonesia," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(11), pages 1322-1330.
- Janssens, Wendy, 2010. "Women's Empowerment and the Creation of Social Capital in Indian Villages," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 974-988, July.
- Christophe Muller, 2016. "Ethnic inequality and community activities in Indonesia," WIDER Working Paper Series 170, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:35:y:2007:i:4:p:607-625. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .