Journal of Banking & Finance
2004, Volume 28, Issue 9
- 2213-2235 Monitored financial equilibria
by Madan, Dilip B.
- 2237-2258 Political uncertainty and asset valuation: Evidence from business relocations in Canada
by Tirtiroglu, Dogan & Bhabra, Harjeet S. & Lel, Ugur
- 2259-2281 Factors explaining the interest margin in the banking sectors of the European Union
by Maudos, Joaquin & Fernandez de Guevara, Juan
- 2283-2309 The characteristics of individual analysts' forecasts in Europe
by Bolliger, Guido
2004, Volume 28, Issue 8
- 1801-1824 Simulation based stress tests of banks' regulatory capital adequacy
by Peura, Samu & Jokivuolle, Esa
- 1825-1843 The impact of loan prepayment risk and deposit withdrawal risk on the optimal intermediation margin
by Stanhouse, Bryan & Stock, Duane
- 1845-1865 Backtesting for risk-based regulatory capital
by Kerkhof, Jeroen & Melenberg, Bertrand
- 1867-1887 Why are some mutual funds closed to new investors?
by Zhao, Xinge
- 1889-1914 The competitive implications of multimarket bank branching
by Hannan, Timothy H. & Prager, Robin A.
- 1915-1933 The cross-sectional determinants of inventory control and the subtle effects of ADRs
by Hansch, Oliver
- 1935-1959 Start-up investment with scarce venture capital support
by Kanniainen, Vesa & Keuschnigg, Christian
- 1961-1985 Long-horizon regression tests of the theory of purchasing power parity
by Serletis, Apostolos & Gogas, Periklis
- 1987-2013 Optimal consumption and investment strategies with stochastic interest rates
by Munk, Claus & Sorensen, Carsten
- 2015-2049 Market interactions in returns and volatilities between spot and forward shipping freight markets
by Kavussanos, Manolis G. & Visvikis, Ilias D.
- iii-vii Franco Modigliani (1918-2003)
by Szego, G.
2004, Volume 28, Issue 7
- 1499-1520 A new approach to modeling the dynamics of implied distributions: Theory and evidence from the S&P 500 options
by Panigirtzoglou, Nikolaos & Skiadopoulos, George
- 1521-1545 Correlated default with incomplete information
by Giesecke, Kay
- 1547-1568 Risk management of non-maturing liabilities
by Kalkbrener, Michael & Willing, Jan
- 1569-1595 General equilibrium real and nominal interest rates
by Lioui, Abraham & Poncet, Patrice
- 1597-1615 The number and the closeness of bank relationships
by von Rheinbaben, Joachim & Ruckes, Martin
- 1617-1635 The implied reserves of the Bank Insurance Fund
by Episcopos, Athanasios
- 1637-1670 Information transmission between the NASDAQ and Asian second board markets
by Lee, Bong-Soo & Rui, Oliver Meng & Wang, Steven Shuye
- 1671-1696 Scale economies, bank mergers, and electronic payments: A spline function approach
by Humphrey, David B. & Vale, Bent
- 1697-1710 Foreign exchange exposure of exporting and importing firms
by Pritamani, Mahesh D. & Shome, Dilip K. & Singal, Vijay
- 1711-1743 Informed trading and order type
by Cooney, John Jr. & Sias, Richard W.
- 1745-1773 Structural changes in volatility and stock market development: Evidence for Spain
by Cunado Eizaguirre, Juncal & Biscarri, Javier Gomez & Hidalgo, Fernando Perez de Gracia
- 1775-1799 Foreign bank entry, deregulation and bank efficiency: Lessons from the Australian experience
by Sturm, Jan-Egbert & Williams, Barry
2004, Volume 28, Issue 6
- 1207-1223 Information precision, transaction costs, and trading volume
by Barron, Orie E. & Karpoff, Jonathan M.
- 1225-1245 Too much of a good incentive? The case of executive stock options
by Tian, Yisong S.
- 1247-1271 A study of the corporate governance of thrifts
by Cook, Douglas O. & Hogan, Arthur & Kieschnick, Robert
- 1273-1297 Location of trade, ownership restrictions, and market illiquidity: Examining Chinese A- and H-shares
by Wang, Steven Shuye & Jiang, Li
- 1299-1318 Conditional funding costs of inflation-indexed and conventional government bonds
by Reschreiter, Andreas
- 1319-1335 Optimal liquidity management and bail-out policy in the banking industry
by Ringbom, Staffan & Shy, Oz & Stenbacka, Rune
- 1337-1361 Trading activity and price reversals in futures markets
by Wang, Changyun & Yu, Min
- 1363-1383 Cross-country comparisons of efficiency: Evidence from the UK and Italian investment firms
by Beccalli, Elena
- 1385-1411 Conditional covariances and direct central bank interventions in the foreign exchange markets
by Beine, Michel
- 1413-1439 Cross-border acquisitions of US financial institutions: Impact of macroeconomic factors
by Kiymaz, Halil
- 1441-1467 Public information arrival and volatility of intraday stock returns
by Kalev, Petko S. & Liu, Wai-Man & Pham, Peter K. & Jarnecic, Elvis
- 1469-1498 The cyclical behavior of optimal bank capital
by Estrella, Arturo
2004, Volume 28, Issue 5
- 901-930 The impact of negative cash flow and influential observations on investment-cash flow sensitivity estimates
by Allayannis, George & Mozumdar, Abon
- 931-950 The medium-term aftermarket in high-tech IPOs: Patterns and implications
by Jaggia, Sanjiv & Thosar, Satish
- 951-978 Hedging behavior in small and medium-sized enterprises: The role of unobserved heterogeneity
by Pennings, Joost M. E. & Garcia, Philip
- 979-996 Stochastic optimal control, international finance and debt
by Fleming, Wendell H. & Stein, Jerome L.
- 997-1021 Credit derivatives with multiple debt issues
by Francois, Pascal & Hubner, Georges
- 1023-1041 Futures trading activity and predictable foreign exchange market movements
by Wang, Changyun
- 1043-1067 The market liquidity of DIAMONDS, Q's, and their underlying stocks
by Hegde, Shantaram P. & McDermott, John B.
- 1069-1087 The impact of risk regulation on price dynamics
by Danielsson, Jon & Shin, Hyun Song & Zigrand, Jean-Pierre
- 1089-1110 Duration models and IRR management: A question of dimensions?
by Soto, Gloria M.
- 1111-1135 Do spin-offs really create value? The European case
by Veld, Chris & Veld-Merkoulova, Yulia V.
- 1137-1162 Trading intensity, volatility, and arbitrage activity
by Taylor, Nicholas
- 1163-1183 Why firms use convertibles: A further test of the sequential-financing hypothesis
by Chang, Shao-Chi & Chen, Sheng-Syan & Liu, Yichen
- 1185-1200 Political news and stock prices: The case of Saddam Hussein contracts
by Amihud, Yakov & Wohl, Avi
2004, Volume 28, Issue 4
- 721-725 Retail credit risk management and measurement: An introduction to the special issue
by Berlin, Mitchell & Mester, Loretta J.
- 727-752 Issues in the credit risk modeling of retail markets
by Allen, Linda & DeLong, Gayle & Saunders, Anthony
- 753-771 Default correlation: An empirical investigation of a subprime lender
by Cowan, Adrian M. & Cowan, Charles D.
- 773-788 Should SME exposures be treated as retail or corporate exposures? A comparative analysis of default probabilities and asset correlations in French and German SMEs
by Dietsch, Michel & Petey, Joel
- 789-809 Economic and regulatory capital allocation for revolving retail exposures
by Perli, Roberto & Nayda, William I.
- 811-833 Credit risk in the leasing industry
by Schmit, Mathias
- 835-856 Consumer credit scoring: Do situational circumstances matter?
by Avery, Robert B. & Calem, Paul S. & Canner, Glenn B.
- 857-874 Does reject inference really improve the performance of application scoring models?
by Crook, Jonathan & Banasik, John
- 875-899 What is the value of recourse to asset-backed securities? A clinical study of credit card banks
by Higgins, Eric J. & Mason, Joseph R.
2004, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 423-442 Stock markets, banks, and growth: Panel evidence
by Beck, Thorsten & Levine, Ross
- 443-474 Are all Central Bank interventions created equal? An empirical investigation
by Sapp, Stephen
- 475-498 The Fed and short-term rates: Is it open market operations, open mouth operations or interest rate smoothing?
by Thornton, Daniel L.
- 499-521 Effective duration of callable corporate bonds: Theory and evidence
by Sarkar, Sudipto & Hong, Gwangheon
- 523-552 The determinants of positive long-term performance in strategic mergers: Corporate focus and cash
by Megginson, William L. & Morgan, Angela & Nail, Lance
- 553-568 The short-term effects of foreign bank entry on domestic bank behaviour: Does economic development matter?
by Lensink, Robert & Hermes, Niels
- 569-593 Return reversals in the bond market: Evidence and causes
by Khang, Kenneth & Dolly King, Tao-Hsien
- 595-614 Disequilibrium in the UK corporate loan market
by Atanasova, Christina V. & Wilson, Nicholas
- 615-632 A note on foreigners' trading and price effects across firms
by Dahlquist, Magnus & Robertsson, Goran
- 633-646 A model of the monetary sector with and without binding capital requirements
by Kopecky, Kenneth J. & VanHoose, David
- 647-672 Risk-based capital requirements for mortgage loans
by Calem, Paul S. & LaCour-Little, Michael
- 673-694 Data-conditioning biases, performance, persistence and flows: The case of Canadian equity funds
by Deaves, Richard
- 695-720 An anatomy of rating through the cycle
by Loffler, Gunter
2004, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 267-268 Editorial
by Fariborz, Moshirian
- 269-276 Financial services: Global perspectives
by Moshirian, Fariborz
- 277-298 Mutual holding companies: Evidence of conflicts of interest through disparate dividends
by Carow, Kenneth A. & Cox, Steven R. & Roden, Dianne M.
- 299-329 The integration of bank syndicated loan and junk bond markets
by Thomas, Hugh & Wang, Zhiqiang
- 331-352 Risk management strategies for banks
by Bauer, Wolfgang & Ryser, Marc
- 353-372 The propensity for local traders in futures markets to ride losses: Evidence of irrational or rational behavior?
by Frino, Alex & Johnstone, David & Zheng, Hui
- 373-398 Why markets should not necessarily reduce the tick size
by Bourghelle, David & Declerck, Fany
- 399-421 Can bank be a source of contagion during the 1997 Asian crisis?
by Tai, Chu-Sheng
2004, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-17 Hedging with forwards and puts in complete and incomplete markets
by Benninga, Simon Z. & Oosterhof, Casper M.
- 19-43 Risk management, capital structure and lending at banks
by Cebenoyan, A. Sinan & Strahan, Philip E.
- 45-62 Time-varying excess returns on UK government bonds: A non-linear approach
by Lekkos, Ilias & Milas, Costas
- 63-83 Trading costs, investor recognition and market response: An analysis of firms that move from the Amex (Nasdaq) to Nasdaq (Amex)
by Tse, Yiuman & Devos, Erik
- 85-105 Have trading rule profits in the currency markets declined over time?
by Olson, Dennis
- 107-128 Adverse selection costs, trading activity and price discovery in the NYSE: An empirical analysis
by Pascual, Roberto & Escribano, Alvaro & Tapia, Mikel
- 129-156 An essay on financial innovation: The case of instalment receipts
by Charupat, Narat & Prisman, Eliezer Z.
- 157-178 The pricing of systematic liquidity risk: Empirical evidence from the US stock market
by Gibson, Rajna & Mougeot, Nicolas
- 179-201 Strategic entry and market leadership in a two-player real options game
by Shackleton, Mark B. & Tsekrekos, Andrianos E. & Wojakowski, Rafal
- 203-213 Empirical evidence on payment media costs and switch points
by ten Raa, Thijs & Shestalova, Victoria
- 215-232 Factors affecting bank risk taking: Evidence from Japan
by Konishi, Masaru & Yasuda, Yukihiro
- 233-250 The national market impact of sovereign rating changes
by Brooks, Robert & Faff, Robert W. & Hillier, David & Hillier, Joseph
- 251-264 Follow-on offerings
by Harper, Joel T. & Johnston, Jarrod & Madura, Jeff
- 265-266 International Finance and Open-Economy Macroeconomics: Gandolfo/Giancarlo. Springer-Verlag, New York, 2001. pp. xxiv + 613, $99
by Reynolds Allen, Polly
2003, Volume 27, Issue 12
- 2231-2248 Impact of deposit rate deregulation in Hong Kong on the market value of commercial banks
by Kwan, Simon H.
- 2249-2271 Development and efficiency of the banking sector in a transitional economy: Hungarian experience
by Hasan, Iftekhar & Marton, Katherin
- 2273-2296 The impacts of Hong Kong's Currency Board reforms on the interbank market
by Tse, Y. K. & Yip, Paul S. L.
- 2297-2321 Default- and call-adjusted duration for corporate bonds
by Jacoby, Gady & Roberts, Gordon S.
- 2323-2345 The effect of foreign entry and ownership structure on the Philippine domestic banking market
by Unite, Angelo A. & Sullivan, Michael J.
- 2347-2368 Common asset pricing factors in volatilities and returns in futures markets
by Siddique, Akhtar R.
- 2369-2392 The impact of foreign board membership on firm value
by Oxelheim, Lars & Randoy, Trond
- 2393-2393 Corrigendum to: Common asset pricing factors in volatilies and returns in futures markets
by Siddique, Akhtar R.
2003, Volume 27, Issue 11
- 2087-2098 A note on banking efficiency in Portugal, New vs. Old banks
by Canhoto, Ana & Dermine, Jean
- 2099-2120 Bankruptcy risk and productive efficiency in manufacturing firms
by Becchetti, Leonardo & Sierra, Jaime
- 2121-2150 The performance of universal banks: Evidence from Switzerland
by Rime, Bertrand & Stiroh, Kevin J.
- 2151-2175 The predictive power of implied volatility: Evidence from 35 futures markets
by Szakmary, Andrew & Ors, Evren & Kyoung Kim, Jin & Davidson, Wallace III
- 2177-2202 Inferring market information from the price and quantity of S&L deposits
by Guo, Lin
- 2203-2230 International asset allocation: A new perspective
by Lioui, Abraham & Poncet, Patrice
2003, Volume 27, Issue 10
- 1917-1934 Acquisition premiums when investment banks invest their own money in the deals they advise and when they do not: Evidence from acquisitions of assets in the UK
by Stouraitis, Aris
- 1935-1958 The effectiveness of bank capital adequacy regulation: A theoretical and empirical approach
by Barrios, Victor E. & Blanco, Juan M.
- 1959-1977 Short-term reaction of stock markets in stressful circumstances
by Lasfer, M. Ameziane & Melnik, Arie & Thomas, Dylan C.
- 1979-2001 Early warning models in real time
by Gunther, Jeffery W. & Moore, Robert R.
- 2003-2014 A note on savings and loan ownership structure and expense preference: A re-examination
by Gropper, Daniel M. & Hudson, Carl D.
- 2015-2034 Effects of venture capitalists' participation in listed companies
by Wang, Clement K. & Wang, Kangmao & Lu, Qing
- 2035-2043 Intraday trading volume and return volatility of the DJIA stocks: A note
by Darrat, Ali F. & Rahman, Shafiqur & Zhong, Maosen
- 2045-2083 The overnight interbank market: Evidence from the G-7 and the Euro zone
by Prati, Alessandro & Bartolini, Leonardo & Bertola, Giuseppe
2003, Volume 27, Issue 9
- 1605-1609 An overview of the conference sessions
by Halpern, Paul & Jennings, Robert & Gregg, T. & Summerville, Judith A.
- 1611-1623 Valuation effects of seasoned global equity offerings
by Errunza, Vihang R. & Miller, Darius P.
- 1625-1627 Discussion of "Valuation effects of seasoned global equity offerings" by Errunza and Miller
by Foerster, Stephen R.
- 1629-1661 Globalization and the value of US listing: Revisiting Canadian evidence
by Mittoo, Usha R.
- 1663-1665 Discussion of "Globalization and the value of US listing: Revisting Canadian evidence" by Mittoo
by Heidle, Hans G.
- 1667-1703 Trading your neighbor's ETFs: Competition or fragmentation?
by Boehmer, Beatrice & Boehmer, Ekkehart
- 1705-1709 Discussion of "Trading your neighbor's ETFs: Competition or fragmentation?" by Boehmer and Boehmer
by Peterson, Mark
- 1711-1736 Competition among markets: The repeal of Rule 390
by Kam, Tai-Kong & Panchapagesan, Venkatesh & Weaver, Daniel G.
- 1737-1741 Discussion of "Competition among markets: The repeal of Rule 390" by Kam, Panchapagesan and Weaver
by Edwards, Amy K.
- 1743-1773 Technology, automation, and productivity of stock exchanges: International evidence
by Hasan, Iftekhar & Malkamaki, Markku & Schmiedel, Heiko
- 1775-1778 Discussion of "Technology, automation and productivity of stock exchanges: International evidence" by Hasan, Malkamaki & Schmiedel
by Neave, Edwin H.
- 1779-1817 Equity trading by institutional investors: Evidence on order submission strategies
by Naes, Randi & Skjeltorp, Johannes A.
- 1819-1821 Discussion of "Equity trading by institutional investors: Evidence on order submission strategies" by Naes and Skjeltorp
by Jain, Pankaj
- 1823-1854 Do 'thinly-traded' stocks benefit from specialist intervention?
by Nimalendran, M. & Petrella, Giovanni
- 1855-1857 Discussion of "Do 'thinly-traded' stocks benefit from specialist intervention?" by Nimalendran and Petrella
by Battalio, Robert
- 1859-1878 Stock exchange governance and market quality
by Krishnamurti, Chandrasekhar & Sequeira, John M. & Fangjian, Fu
- 1879-1881 Discussion of "Stock exchange governance and market quality" by Krishnamurti, Sequeira, and Fangjian
by Angel, James J.
- 1883-1910 The competitive effects of US decimalization: Evidence from the US-listed Canadian stocks
by Oppenheimer, Henry R. & Sabherwal, Sanjiv
- 1911-1916 Discussion of "The competitive effects of US decimalization: Evidence from the US-listed Canadian stocks" by Oppenheimer and Sabherwal
by Werner, Ingrid M.
2003, Volume 27, Issue 8
- 1411-1425 Trading volume and location of trade: Evidence from Jardine group listings in Hong Kong and Singapore
by Lau, Sie Ting & McInish, Thomas H.
- 1427-1453 The effects of estimation error on measures of portfolio credit risk
by Loffler, Gunter
- 1455-1485 Financial deregulation and total factor productivity change: An empirical study of Turkish commercial banks
by Isik, Ihsan & Kabir Hassan, M.
- 1487-1509 Term structure estimation from on-the-run Treasuries
by Jordan, James V. & Mansi, Sattar A.
- 1511-1538 Corporate use of interest rate swaps: Theory and evidence
by Li, Haitao & Mao, Connie X.
- 1539-1560 The fiscal cost implications of an accommodating approach to banking crises
by Honohan, Patrick & Klingebiel, Daniela
- 1561-1579 Lender certification premiums
by Cook, Douglas O. & Schellhorn, Carolin D. & Spellman, Lewis J.
- 1581-1604 Generalized M-vector models for hedging interest rate risk
by Nawalkha, Sanjay K. & Soto, Gloria M. & Zhang, Jun
2003, Volume 27, Issue 7
- 1219-1243 Discretionary accounting and the behavior of Japanese banks under financial duress
by Shrieves, Ronald E. & Dahl, Drew
- 1245-1271 Should you carry the load? A comprehensive analysis of load and no-load mutual fund out-of-sample performance
by Morey, Matthew R.
- 1273-1296 Is the performance of firms following seasoned equity issues anomalous?
by Bayless, Mark & Jay, Nancy R.
- 1297-1321 Corporate governance, dividend payout policy, and the interrelation between dividends, R&D, and capital investment
by Gugler, Klaus
- 1323-1348 An empirical examination of the role of the CEO and the compensation committee in structuring executive pay
by Anderson, Ronald C. & Bizjak, John M.
- 1349-1374 Early and late calls of convertible bonds: Theory and evidence
by Sarkar, Sudipto
- 1375-1390 Selecting a portfolio with skewness: Recent evidence from US, European, and Latin American equity markets
by Prakash, Arun J. & Chang, Chun-Hao & Pactwa, Therese E.
- 1391-1410 Executive compensation and agency costs in Germany
by Elston, Julie Ann & Goldberg, Lawrence G.
2003, Volume 27, Issue 6
- 1001-1025 Pricing the risk of recovery in default with absolute priority rule violation
by Unal, Haluk & Madan, Dilip & Guntay, Levent
- 1027-1051 CEO turnover in insider-dominated boards: The Italian case
by Brunello, Giorgio & Graziano, Clara & Parigi, Bruno M.
- 1053-1078 Optimal hedging under departures from the cost-of-carry valuation: Evidence from the Spanish stock index futures market
by Lafuente, Juan A. & Novales, Alfonso
- 1079-1110 The dynamic relationship between the federal funds rate and the Treasury bill rate: An empirical investigation
by Sarno, Lucio & Thornton, Daniel L.
- 1111-1121 Skewness persistence with optimal portfolio selection
by Sun, Qian & Yan, Yuxing
- 1123-1138 Risk, returns, and values in the presence of differential taxation
by Benninga, Simon & Sarig, Oded
- 1139-1165 Is there discrimination in mortgage pricing? The case of overages
by Black, Harold A. & Boehm, Thomas P. & DeGennaro, Ramon P.
- 1167-1184 The pricing of global and domestic initial public offerings by US companies
by Wu, Congsheng & Kwok, Chuck C. Y.
- 1185-1210 Domestic and international determinants of bank profits: Foreign banks in Australia
by Williams, Barry
- 1213-1218 Markets and institutions: Global perspectives
by Moshirian, Fariborz & Szego, Giorgio
2003, Volume 27, Issue 5
- 793-816 Agency costs, ownership structure and corporate governance mechanisms
by Singh, Manohar & Davidson III, Wallace N.
- 817-850 Evidence of predictability in the cross-section of bank stock returns
by Cooper, Michael J. & Jackson, William III & Patterson, Gary A.
- 851-865 Exchange rate exposures of US banks: A cash flow-based methodology
by Martin, Anna D. & Mauer, Laurence J.
- 867-889 Stock auction bidding behavior and information asymmetries: An empirical analysis using the discriminatory auction model framework
by Chen, An-Sing & Liaw, Gwohorng & Leung, Mark T.
- 891-917 Efficiency in Japanese banking: An empirical analysis
by Drake, Leigh & Hall, Maximilian J. B.
- 919-947 Underpricing, stock allocation, ownership structure and post-listing liquidity of newly listed firms
by Pham, Peter K. & Kalev, Petko S. & Steen, Adam B.
- 949-975 Intra-industry effects of bank privatization: A clinical analysis of the privatization of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia
by Otchere, Isaac & Chan, Janus
- 977-1000 Should bank runs be prevented?
by Samartin, Margarita
- iii-v Editorial
by Szego, Giorgio
2003, Volume 27, Issue 4
- 549-574 Binary choice models and corporate takeover
by Espahbodi, Hassan & Espahbodi, Pouran
- 575-592 Random walk versus breaking trend in stock prices: Evidence from emerging markets
by Chaudhuri, Kausik & Wu, Yangru
- 593-614 Are unsolicited credit ratings biased downward?
by Poon, Winnie P. H.
- 615-633 Bank lending policy, credit scoring and value-at-risk
by Jacobson, Tor & Roszbach, Kasper
- 635-653 Are convertible bonds underpriced? An analysis of the French market
by Ammann, Manuel & Kind, Axel & Wilde, Christian
- 655-671 Long- and short-run non-parametric cost frontier efficiency: An application to Spanish savings banks
by Prior, Diego
- 673-697 Do US stock prices deviate from their fundamental values? Some new evidence
by Zhong, Maosen & Darrat, Ali F. & Anderson, Dwight C.
- 699-717 Deposit insurance and the risk premium in bank deposit rates
by Bartholdy, Jan & Boyle, Glenn W. & Stover, Roger D.
- 719-748 Do investors prefer even-eighth prices? Evidence from NYSE limit orders
by Cooney, John Jr. & Van Ness, Bonnie & Van Ness, Robert
- 749-771 The Federal funds market and the overnight Eurodollar market
by Lee, Young-Sook
- 773-773 Erratum to "On trust as a commodity and on the grammar of trust" [Journal of Banking and Finance 26, no. 9, pp. 1719-1766]
by Ali Khan, M.
- 775-775 Erratum to "The impact of the manager-shareholder conflict on acquiring bank returns" [Journal of Banking and Finance 27(1), pp. 103-131]
by Cornett, Marcia Millon & Hovakimian, Gayane & Palia, Darius & Tehranian, Hassan
- 777-778 Challenges for Central Banking; Anthony M. Santomero, Staffan Viotti, and Anders Vredin (Editors), Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, 2001, 274 pp
by Steigerwalt, Gregory M.
- 779-782 'Irrational Exuberance' Robert J. Shiller, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, 2000, 296 pages, $35
by Edenfield, Kristie A.
- 783-786 Maestro: Greenspan's and the American Boom; Woodward Bob, Simon & Schuster, New York, 2000, 230 pp., $25
by Davis, John W.
- 787-792 Regionalism in Europe geometries and strategies after 2000;: Jurgen von Hagen, Mika Widren, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, 2001, 263 pp., $129.95, EURO 145, GBP 91
by Luikert, Katherine
2003, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 377-381 Markets and institutions: Global perspectives
by Moshirian, Fariborz & Szego, Giorgio
- 383-415 To what extent will the banking industry be globalized? A study of bank nationality and reach in 20 European nations
by Berger, Allen N. & Dai, Qinglei & Ongena, Steven & Smith, David C.
- 417-447 Do bankers sacrifice value to build empires? Managerial incentives, industry consolidation, and financial performance
by Hughes, Joseph P. & Lang, William W. & Mester, Loretta J. & Moon, Choon-Geol & Pagano, Michael S.
- 449-469 The value of private sector business credit information sharing: The US case
by Kallberg, Jarl G. & Udell, Gregory F.
- 471-489 Operating performance of banks among Asian economies: An international and time series comparison
by Kwan, Simon H.
- 491-510 Evidence of a bank lending channel in the UK
by Huang, Zhangkai
- 511-548 A cross-country comparison of full and partial venture capital exits
by Cumming, Douglas J. & MacIntosh, Jeffrey G.
- v-vi Our changed constituency
by Szego, Giorgio
2003, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 183-200 Cross-currency, cross-maturity forward exchange premiums as predictors of spot rate changes: Theory and evidence
by Nucci, Francesco
- 201-228 Modeling the stochastic behavior of short-term interest rates: Pricing implications for discount bonds
by Bali, Turan G.
- 229-249 Privatization, competition, and supercompetition in the Mexican commercial banking system
by Gruben, William C. & McComb, Robert P.
- 251-273 The costs (and benefits?) of diversified business groups: The case of Korean chaebols
by Ferris, Stephen P. & Kim, Kenneth A. & Kitsabunnarat, Pattanaporn