SEC enforcement in the PIPE market: Actions and consequences
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jackson, Howell E. & Roe, Mark J., 2009. "Public and private enforcement of securities laws: Resource-based evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 207-238, August.
- Ola Bengtsson & Na Dai, 2014.
"Financial Contracts in PIPE Offerings: The Role of Expert Placement Agents,"
Financial Management Association International, vol. 43(4), pages 795-832, December.
- Bengtsson, Ola & Dai, Na, 2013. "Financial Contracts in PIPE Offerings: The Role of Expert Placement Agents," Knut Wicksell Working Paper Series 2013/7, Lund University, Knut Wicksell Centre for Financial Studies.
- Alberto Abadie & Guido W. Imbens, 2002. "Simple and Bias-Corrected Matching Estimators for Average Treatment Effects," NBER Technical Working Papers 0283, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Karpoff, Jonathan M. & Scott Lee, D. & Martin, Gerald S., 2008. "The consequences to managers for financial misrepresentation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 193-215, May.
- Na Dai & Hoje Jo & John D. Schatzberg, 2010. "The Quality and Price of Investment Banks' Service: Evidence from the PIPE Market," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 39(2), pages 585-612, June.
- Chen, Hsuan-Chi & Dai, Na & Schatzberg, John D., 2010. "The choice of equity selling mechanisms: PIPEs versus SEOs," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 104-119, February.
- Dai, Na, 2007. "Does investor identity matter? An empirical examination of investments by venture capital funds and hedge funds in PIPEs," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 538-563, September.
- Karpoff, Jonathan M. & Lee, D. Scott & Martin, Gerald S., 2008. "The Cost to Firms of Cooking the Books," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(03), pages 581-611, September.
- Michael R. Roberts & Amir Sufi, 2009. "Financial Contracting: A Survey of Empirical Research and Future Directions," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 207-226, November.
- Hillion, Pierre & Vermaelen, Theo, 2004. "Death spiral convertibles," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 381-415, February.
- David J. Brophy & Paige P. Ouimet & Clemens Sialm, 2009. "Hedge Funds as Investors of Last Resort?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(2), pages 541-574, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Billett, Matthew T. & Elkamhi, Redouane & Floros, Ioannis V., 2015. "The influence of investor identity and contract terms on firm value: Evidence from PIPEs," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 564-589.
- Chen, Sheng-Syan & Hsu, Ching-Yu & Huang, Chia-Wei, 2016. "The white squire defense: Evidence from private investments in public equity," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 16-35.
- Floros, Ioannis V. & Sapp, Travis R.A., 2012. "Why do firms issue private equity repeatedly? On the motives and information content of multiple PIPE offerings," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3469-3481.
More about this item
KeywordsPrivate Investment in Public Equity (PIPE); Regulation; The SEC;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- K12 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Contract Law
- K22 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Business and Securities Law
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:42:y:2014:i:c:p:213-231. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.