Flexible dependence modeling of operational risk losses and its impact on total capital requirements
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Aas, Kjersti & Czado, Claudia & Frigessi, Arnoldo & Bakken, Henrik, 2009. "Pair-copula constructions of multiple dependence," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 182-198, April.
- Joe, Harry & Li, Haijun & Nikoloulopoulos, Aristidis K., 2010. "Tail dependence functions and vine copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 252-270, January.
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brechmann, Eike Christian & Schepsmeier, Ulf, 2013. "Modeling Dependence with C- and D-Vine Copulas: The R Package CDVine," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 52(i03).
- Anastasios Panagiotelis & Claudia Czado & Harry Joe, 2012. "Pair Copula Constructions for Multivariate Discrete Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 107(499), pages 1063-1072, September.
- Dißmann, J. & Brechmann, E.C. & Czado, C. & Kurowicka, D., 2013. "Selecting and estimating regular vine copulae and application to financial returns," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 52-69.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
- Partha Deb & Pravin K. Trivedi & David M. Zimmer, 2009.
"Dynamic Cost-offsets of Prescription Drug Expenditures: Panel Data Analysis Using a Copula-based Hurdle Model,"
NBER Working Papers
15191, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deb P & Trivedi PK & Zimmer DM, 2009. "Dynamic Cost-offsets of Prescription Drug Expenditures: Panel Data Analysis Using a Copula-based Hurdle Model," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 09/15, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Chavez-Demoulin, V. & Embrechts, P. & Neslehova, J., 2006. "Quantitative models for operational risk: Extremes, dependence and aggregation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 2635-2658, October.
- Frachot, Antoine & Roncalli, Thierry & Salomon, Eric, 2004. "The Correlation Problem in Operational Risk," MPRA Paper 38052, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chapelle, Ariane & Crama, Yves & Hübner, Georges & Peters, Jean-Philippe, 2008.
"Practical methods for measuring and managing operational risk in the financial sector: A clinical study,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1049-1061, June.
- Georges Hübner & Jean-Philippe Peters, 2008. "Practical methods for measuring and managing operational risk in the financial sector: a clinical study," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/14158, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Xiaolin Luo & Pavel V. Shevchenko, 2007. "The t copula with Multiple Parameters of Degrees of Freedom: Bivariate Characteristics and Application to Risk Management," Papers 0710.3959, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2010.
- Xiaolin Luo & Pavel Shevchenko, 2010. "The t copula with multiple parameters of degrees of freedom: bivariate characteristics and application to risk management," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(9), pages 1039-1054.
- Stefan Mittnik & Sandra Paterlini & Tina Yener, 2011. "Operational–risk Dependencies and the Determination of Risk Capital," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 070, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Grogger, J T & Carson, Richard T, 1991. "Models for Truncated Counts," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(3), pages 225-238, July-Sept.
- Hofert, Marius & Mächler, Martin & McNeil, Alexander J., 2012. "Likelihood inference for Archimedean copulas in high dimensions under known margins," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 133-150.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:acctfi:v:58:y:2018:i:s1:p:423-463 is not listed on IDEAS
- Koziol, Philipp & Schell, Carmen & Eckhardt, Meik, 2015. "Credit risk stress testing and copulas: Is the Gaussian copula better than its reputation?," Discussion Papers 46/2015, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- repec:gam:jrisks:v:4:y:2016:i:1:p:4:d:64467 is not listed on IDEAS
- David E. Allen & Michael McAleer & Abhay K. Singh, 2017.
"Risk Measurement and Risk Modelling Using Applications of Vine Copulas,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(10), pages 1-34, September.
- David E. Allen & Michael McAleer & Abhay K. Singh, 2014. "Risk Measurement and Risk Modelling Using Applications of Vine Copulas," Working Papers in Economics 14/12, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- David E. Allen & Michael McAleer & Abhay K. Singh, 2014. "Risk Measurement and Risk Modelling using Applications of Vine Copulas," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-054/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- David E. Allen & Michael McAleer & Abhay K. Singh, 2014. "Risk Measurement and risk modelling using applications of Vine Copulas," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2014-09, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Valérie Chavez-Demoulin & Paul Embrechts & Marius Hofert, 2016. "An Extreme Value Approach for Modeling Operational Risk Losses Depending on Covariates," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 83(3), pages 735-776, September.
- Edward W. Frees & Gee Lee & Lu Yang, 2016. "Multivariate Frequency-Severity Regression Models in Insurance," Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(1), pages 1-36, February.
- repec:eee:insuma:v:82:y:2018:i:c:p:167-180 is not listed on IDEAS
- Oliver Kley & Claudia Kluppelberg & Sandra Paterlini, 2019. "Modelling Extremal Dependence for Operational Risk by a Bipartite Graph," Papers 1902.03041, arXiv.org.
- Suren Pakhchanyan, 2016. "Operational Risk Management in Financial Institutions: A Literature Review," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(4), pages 1-21, October.
- Huang, Wanling & Mollick, André Varella & Nguyen, Khoa Huu, 2016. "U.S. stock markets and the role of real interest rates," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 231-242.
- Kjersti Aas, 2016. "Pair-Copula Constructions for Financial Applications: A Review," Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(4), pages 1-15, October.
- Stübinger, Johannes & Mangold, Benedikt & Krauss, Christopher, 2016. "Statistical arbitrage with vine copulas," FAU Discussion Papers in Economics 11/2016, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute for Economics.
- Eckert, Christian & Gatzert, Nadine, 2017. "Modeling operational risk incorporating reputation risk: An integrated analysis for financial firms," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 122-137.
- repec:spr:empeco:v:53:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s00181-016-1165-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:45:y:2018:i:c:p:208-218 is not listed on IDEAS
- Targino, Rodrigo S. & Peters, Gareth W. & Shevchenko, Pavel V., 2015.
"Sequential Monte Carlo Samplers for capital allocation under copula-dependent risk models,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 206-226.
- Rodrigo S. Targino & Gareth W. Peters & Pavel V. Shevchenko, 2014. "Sequential Monte Carlo Samplers for capital allocation under copula-dependent risk models," Papers 1410.1101, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2015.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:516:y:2019:i:c:p:327-339 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:finlet:v:27:y:2018:i:c:p:105-112 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:493-507 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsOperational risk; Risk capital; Dependence modeling; Zero inflation; Student’s t copula; Vine copula;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:40:y:2014:i:c:p:271-285. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.