Selecting and estimating regular vine copulae and application to financial returns
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hobæk Haff, Ingrid & Aas, Kjersti & Frigessi, Arnoldo, 2010. "On the simplified pair-copula construction -- Simply useful or too simplistic?," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(5), pages 1296-1310, May.
- Andrew Ang & Geert Bekaert, 2002. "International Asset Allocation With Regime Shifts," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(4), pages 1137-1187.
- Cornelia Savu & Mark Trede, 2010. "Hierarchies of Archimedean copulas," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 295-304.
- Matthias Fischer & Christian Kock & Stephan Schluter & Florian Weigert, 2009. "An empirical analysis of multivariate copula models," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(7), pages 839-854.
- Frahm, Gabriel & Junker, Markus & Szimayer, Alexander, 2003. "Elliptical copulas: applicability and limitations," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 275-286, July.
- Vuong, Quang H, 1989. "Likelihood Ratio Tests for Model Selection and Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 307-333, March.
- Lorán Chollete & Andréas Heinen & Alfonso Valdesogo, 2009.
"Modeling International Financial Returns with a Multivariate Regime-switching Copula,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 7(4), pages 437-480, Fall.
- Loran , CHOLLETTE & Andreas , HEINEN & Alfonso , VALDESOGO, 2008. "Modelling international financial returns with a multivariate regime switching copula," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2008011, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- CHOLLETE, Loran & HEINEN, Andréas & VALDESOGO, Alfonso, 2008. "Modeling international financial returns with a multivariate regime switching copula," CORE Discussion Papers 2008013, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Chollete, Loran & Heinen, Andreas & Valdesogo, Alfonso, 2008. "Modeling International Financial Returns with a Multivariate Regime Switching Copula," MPRA Paper 8114, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chollete, Lorán & Heinen, Andréas & Valdesogo, Alfonso, 2008. "Modeling International Financial Returns with a Multivariate Regime Switching Copula," Discussion Papers 2008/3, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Garcia, René & Tsafack, Georges, 2011.
"Dependence structure and extreme comovements in international equity and bond markets,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1954-1970, August.
- René Garcia & Georges Tsafack, 2009. "Dependence Structure and Extreme Comovements in International Equity and Bond Markets," CIRANO Working Papers 2009s-21, CIRANO.
- Longin, Francois & Solnik, Bruno, 1995. "Is the correlation in international equity returns constant: 1960-1990?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-26, February.
- Nikoloulopoulos, Aristidis K. & Joe, Harry & Li, Haijun, 2012. "Vine copulas with asymmetric tail dependence and applications to financial return data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3659-3673.
- Hofert, Marius, 2011. "Efficiently sampling nested Archimedean copulas," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 57-70, January.
- Beatriz Mendes & Mariângela Semeraro & Ricardo Leal, 2010. "Pair-copulas modeling in finance," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 24(2), pages 193-213, June.
- Aas, Kjersti & Czado, Claudia & Frigessi, Arnoldo & Bakken, Henrik, 2009. "Pair-copula constructions of multiple dependence," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 182-198, April.
- François Longin & Bruno Solnik, 2001. "Extreme Correlation of International Equity Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 649-676, April.
- Joe, Harry & Li, Haijun & Nikoloulopoulos, Aristidis K., 2010. "Tail dependence functions and vine copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 252-270, January.
- Stefan Erdorf & Thomas Hartmann-Wendels & Nicolas Heinrichs, 2011. "Diversification in Firm Valuation: A Multivariate Copula Approach," Cologne Graduate School Working Paper Series 02-01, Cologne Graduate School in Management, Economics and Social Sciences.
- Manner Hans, 2007. "Estimation and Model Selection of Copulas with an Application to Exchange Rates," Research Memorandum 056, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- HEINEN, Andréas & VALDESOGO, Alfonso, 2009. "Asymmetric CAPM dependence for large dimensions: the Canonical Vine Autoregressive Model," CORE Discussion Papers 2009069, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Aleksey Min & Claudia Czado, 2010. "Bayesian Inference for Multivariate Copulas Using Pair-Copula Constructions," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 8(4), pages 511-546, Fall.
- Fang, Hong-Bin & Fang, Kai-Tai & Kotz, Samuel, 2002. "The Meta-elliptical Distributions with Given Marginals," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 1-16, July.
- Smith, Michael & Min, Aleksey & Almeida, Carlos & Czado, Claudia, 2010. "Modeling Longitudinal Data Using a Pair-Copula Decomposition of Serial Dependence," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 105(492), pages 1467-1479.
More about this item
KeywordsMinimum spanning tree; Model selection; Multivariate copula; Regular vines;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:59:y:2013:i:c:p:52-69. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.