Citations for "A Monte Carlo study of estimators of stochastic frontier production functions"
by Olson, Jerome A. & Schmidt, Peter & Waldman, Donald M.
- Vlastuin, Chris & Lawrence, Denis & Quiggin, John C., 1982. "Size Economies in Australian Agriculture," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 50(01), April.
- Mark Andor & Frederik Hesse, 2014. "The StoNED age: the departure into a new era of efficiency analysis? A monte carlo comparison of StoNED and the “oldies” (SFA and DEA)," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 85-109, February.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & KERSTENS, Kristiaan, 1994.
"Cost efficiency of Belgian local governments: A comparative analysis of FDH, DEA and econometric approaches,"
SESO Working Papers
1994002, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- De Borger, Bruno & Kerstens, Kristiaan, 1996. "Cost efficiency of Belgian local governments: A comparative analysis of FDH, DEA, and econometric approaches," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 145-170, April.
- Wen-Jen Tsay & Cliff Huang & Tsu-Tan Fu & I.-Lin Ho, 2013. "A simple closed-form approximation for the cumulative distribution function of the composite error of stochastic frontier models," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 259-269, June.
- Bojani, Antonio N. & Caudill, Steven B. & Ford, Jon M., 1998. "Small-sample properties of ML, COLS, and DEA estimators of frontier models in the presence of heteroscedasticity," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 140-148, July.
- Bifulco, Robert & Bretschneider, Stuart, 2001. "Estimating school efficiency: A comparison of methods using simulated data," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 417-429, October.
- Randy I. Anderson & Danielle Lewis & Leonard V. Zumpano, 2000. "X-Inefficiencies in the Residential Real Estate Market: A Stochastic Frontier Approach," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 20(1), pages 93-103.
- Cornwell, Christopher Mark & Wächter, Jens-Uwe, 1999. "Productivity convergence and economic growth: A frontier production function approach," ZEI Working Papers B 06-1999, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Uwe Jensen, 2005. "Misspecification Preferred: The Sensitivity of Inefficiency Rankings," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 223-244, 05.
- Wen-Jen Tsay & Cliff J. Huang & Tsu-Tan Fu & I-Lin Ho, 2009. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Censored Stochastic Frontier Models: An Application to the Three-Stage DEA Method," IEAS Working Paper : academic research 09-A003, Institute of Economics, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Carree, Martin A., 2002. "Technological inefficiency and the skewness of the error component in stochastic frontier analysis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 101-107, September.
- Hoehn, John P., 1989. "The Production of Natural Resource Services: An Analysis of Supply-Side Economic Benefits and Costs," Staff Papers 201029, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Beatriz Gonzalez Lopez-Valcarcel & Patricia Barber Perez, 1996. "Changes in the efficiency of spanish public hospitals after the introduction of program-contracts," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 20(3), pages 377-402, September.
- Amsler, Christine & Prokhorov, Artem & Schmidt, Peter, 2016. "Endogeneity in stochastic frontier models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 190(2), pages 280-288.
- Coelli, T. J., 1995.
"Recent Developments in Frontier Modelling and Efficiency Measurement,"
1995 Conference (39th), February 14-16, 1995, Perth, Australia
148798, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Tim J. Coelli, 1995. "Recent Developments In Frontier Modelling And Efficiency Measurement," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 39(3), pages 219-245, December.
- Coelli, Tim J., 1995. "Recent Developments In Frontier Modelling And Efficiency Measurement," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 39(03), December.
- Boisvert, Richard N. & Chang, Hung-Hao, 2005. "Explaining Participation in the Conservation Reserve Program and its Effects on Farm Productivity and Efficiency," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19321, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Apezteguia, Belen Iraizoz & Garate, Manuel Rapun, 1997. "Technical efficiency in the Spanish agrofood industry," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 17(2-3), pages 179-189, December.
- Myungsup Kim & Yangseon Kim & Peter Schmidt, 2006.
"On the Accuracy of Bootstrap Confidence Intervals for Efficiency Levels in Stochastic Frontier Models with Panel Data,"
0704, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Myungsup Kim & Yangseon Kim & Peter Schmidt, 2007. "On the accuracy of bootstrap confidence intervals for efficiency levels in stochastic frontier models with panel data," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 165-181, December.
- Mark Andor & Frederik Hesse, . "The StoNED age: The Departure Into a New Era of Efficiency Analysis? An MC study Comparing StoNED and the "Oldies" (SFA and DEA)," Working Papers 201285, Institute of Spatial and Housing Economics, Munster Universitary.
- Cheng, Xiaomei & Bjørndal, Endre & Bjørndal, Mette, 2014. "Cost Efficiency Analysis based on The DEA and StoNED Models: Case of Norwegian Electricity Distribution Companies," Discussion Papers 2014/28, Department of Business and Management Science, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Wang, Hung-Jen, 2006. "Pitfalls in the estimation of a cost function that ignores allocative inefficiency: A Monte Carlo analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 134(2), pages 317-340, October.
- Elizabeth B. Field-Hendre & Lee A. Craig, 1996. "Were Free Southern Farmers "Driven to Indolence" by Slavery? A Stochastic Production Frontier Approach," NBER Historical Working Papers 0082, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Polachek, Solomon & Xiang, Jun, 2005. "The Effects of Incomplete Employee Wage Information: A Cross-Country Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 1735, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- William Horrace & Seth Richards-Shubik, 2012. "A Monte Carlo study of ranked efficiency estimates from frontier models," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 155-165, October.
- Apezteguia, Belen Iraizoz & Garate, Manuel Rapun, 1997. "Technical efficiency in the Spanish agrofood industry," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 17(2-3), December.
- Konstantinos Giannakas & Kien Tran & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2003. "Predicting technical effciency in stochastic production frontier models in the presence of misspecification: a Monte-Carlo analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(2), pages 153-161.
- Yu-Ying Lin, Eugene & Chen, Ping-Yu & Chen, Chi-Chung, 2013. "Measuring green productivity of country: A generlized metafrontier Malmquist productivity index approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 340-353.
- Saldias, Rodrigo & von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan, 2012. "Access to credit and the determinants of technical inefficiency among specialized small farmers in Chile," DARE Discussion Papers 1211, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
- William Horrace & Seth Richards-Shubik, 2013.
"Expected Efficiency Ranks From Parametric Stochastic Fronteir Models,"
Center for Policy Research Working Papers
153, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- William Horrace & Seth Richards-Shubik & Ian Wright, 2015. "Expected efficiency ranks from parametric stochastic frontier models," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 829-848, March.
- Angelo Zago, 2005. "Tecnhnology estimation for quality pricing in supply-chain relationships," Working Papers 27/2005, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Chang, Hsihui & Cooper, William W., 2004. "A simulation study of DEA and parametric frontier models in the presence of heteroscedasticity," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 153(3), pages 624-640, March.
- Chang, Ching-Cheng & Chen, Chi-Chung & Tseng, Wei-Chun & Hu, Wu-Yueh, . "Estimating the Profit Efficiency of Contract and Non-Contract Rice Farms in Taiwan -- A Meta-Frontier and A Cross-Frontier Appraoch Applications," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205445, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Cheng, Xiaomei & Andersson, Jonas & Bjørndal, Endre, 2015. "On the Distributional Assumptions in the StoNED model," Discussion Papers 2015/24, Department of Business and Management Science, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Ondrich, Jan & Ruggiero, John, 2001. "Efficiency measurement in the stochastic frontier model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 129(2), pages 434-442, March.
- Andor, Mark & Hesse, Frederik, 2012. "The StoNED age: The departure into a new era of efficiency analysis? An MC study comparing StoNED and the "oldies" (SFA and DEA)," CAWM Discussion Papers 60, Center of Applied Economic Research Münster (CAWM), University of Münster.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Chang, Hsihui, 1995. "A simulation study of hypothesis tests for differences in efficiencies," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 37-54, April.
- Estache, Antonio & Rossi, Martin A., 1999. "Comparing the performance of public and private water companies in the Asia and Pacific region : what a stochastic costs frontier shows," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2152, The World Bank.
- Keshari, Pradeep K & Paul, Thomas M, 1994. "Relative efficiency of foreign and domestic Banks," MPRA Paper 47072, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Beccalli, Elena, 2004. "Cross-country comparisons of efficiency: Evidence from the UK and Italian investment firms," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1363-1383, June.
- William C. Horrace & Christopher F. Parmeter, 2014. "A Laplace Stochastic Frontier Model," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 166, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Behr, Andreas & Tente, Sebastian, 2008. "Stochastic frontier analysis by means of maximum likelihood and the method of moments," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2008,19, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Martin A. Carree, 2002. "Technological Inefficiency and the Skewness of the Error Component in Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 02-012/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Mohamed El Arbi Chaffai, 1989. "Estimation de frontières de production et de l'inefficacité technique. Application aux entreprises tunisiennes," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 91(5), pages 67-73.
- Marc Baudry, 2005.
"Les impôts locaux sont-ils gaspillés ?,"
Recherches économiques de Louvain,
De Boeck Université, vol. 71(2), pages 143-173.
- Marc BAUDRY, 2005. "Les impôts locaux sont-ils gaspillés?," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 2005021, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Marc Baudry, 2005. "Les impôts locaux sont-ils gaspillés?," Post-Print halshs-00074782, HAL.
- Tauer, Loren W. & Belbase, Krishna P., 1987. "Technical Efficiency Of New York Dairy Farms," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 16(1), April.
- Kulasekaran, Sivakumar & Shaffer, Sherrill, 2002. "Cost efficiency among credit card banks," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 54(6), pages 595-614.
- Li, Q., 1994.
"Estimating a Stochastic Production Frontier when the Adjusted Error is Symmetric,"
1994-8, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Li, Qi, 1996. "Estimating a stochastic production frontier when the adjusted error is symmetric," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 221-228, September.
- William C. Horrace & Peter Schmidt, 2002. "Confidence Statements for Efficiency Estimates from Stochastic Frontier Models," Econometrics 0206006, EconWPA.
- Altunbas, Yener & Liu, Ming-Hau & Molyneux, Philip & Seth, Rama, 2000. "Efficiency and risk in Japanese banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(10), pages 1605-1628, October.
- Chang, Hung-Hao & Boisvert, Richard N., 2009. "The Conservation Reserve Program, Off-Farm Work, and Farm Household Technical Efficiencies," Working Papers 57034, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Kuosmanen, Timo & Saastamoinen, Antti & Sipiläinen, Timo, 2013. "What is the best practice for benchmark regulation of electricity distribution? Comparison of DEA, SFA and StoNED methods," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 740-750.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Löthgren, Mickael, 1998. "A Monte Carlo Analysis of Technical Inefficiency Predictors," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 229, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Smith, H. Arlen & Taylor, C. Robert, 1998. "Finite Mixture Estimation Of Size Economies And Cost Frontiers In The Face Of Multiple Production Technologies," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(02), December.