Stochastic frontier analysis by means of maximum likelihood and the method of moments
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shrimal Perera & Michael Skully & J. Wickramanayake, 2007. "Cost Efficiency in South Asian Banking: The Impact of Bank Size, State Ownership and Stock Exchange Listings-super-," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 7(1-2), pages 35-60.
- Christian Ritter & Léopold Simar, 1997.
"Pitfalls of Normal-Gamma Stochastic Frontier Models,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 167-182, May.
- RITTER, Christian & SIMAR, Leopold, 1994. "Pitfalls of Normal-Gamma Stochastic Frontier Models," CORE Discussion Papers 1994041, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ritter, C. & Simar, L., 1997. "Pitfalls of normal-gamma stochastic frontier models," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1272, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- George E. Battese & Lennart Hjalmarsson & Almas Heshmati, 2000.
"Efficiency of labour use in the Swedish banking industry: a stochastic frontier approach,"
Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 623-640.
- Battese, George E. & Heshmati, Almas & Hjalmarsson, Lennart, 1998. "Efficiency of Labour Use in the Swedish Banking Industry: A Stochastic Frontier Approach," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 289, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 13 Apr 1999.
- Lang, Gunter & Welzel, Peter, 1996. "Efficiency and technical progress in banking Empirical results for a panel of German cooperative banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 1003-1023, July.
- Olson, Jerome A. & Schmidt, Peter & Waldman, Donald M., 1980. "A Monte Carlo study of estimators of stochastic frontier production functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 67-82, May.
- Claudia Girardone & Philip Molyneux & Edward Gardener, 2004. "Analysing the determinants of bank efficiency: the case of Italian banks," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(3), pages 215-227.
- Altunbas, Y. & Chakravarty, S. P., 2001. "Frontier cost functions and bank efficiency," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 233-240, August.
- Subal Kumbhakar & Efthymios Tsionas, 2008. "Scale and efficiency measurement using a semiparametric stochastic frontier model: evidence from the U.S. commercial banks," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 585-602, June.
- Altunbas, Yener & Liu, Ming-Hau & Molyneux, Philip & Seth, Rama, 2000. "Efficiency and risk in Japanese banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(10), pages 1605-1628, October.
- Trevor Fitzpatrick & Kieran McQuinn, 2005. "Labour Cost Efficiency in UK and Irish Credit Institutions," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 36(1), pages 45-66.
- RITTER, Christian & SIMAR, Léopold, 1994. "Another Look at the American Electrical Utility Data," CORE Discussion Papers 1994007, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ferrier, Gary D. & Lovell, C. A. Knox, 1990. "Measuring cost efficiency in banking : Econometric and linear programming evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 229-245.
- Fitzpatrick, Trevor & McQuinn, Kieran, 2004. "Cost Efficiency in UK and Irish Credit Institutions," Research Technical Papers 3/RT/04, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Mester, Loretta J., 1996. "A study of bank efficiency taking into account risk-preferences," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 1025-1045, July.
- Battese, George E. & Coelli, Tim J., 1988. "Prediction of firm-level technical efficiencies with a generalized frontier production function and panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 387-399, July.
- Greene, William H., 1990. "A Gamma-distributed stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 141-163.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Kumbhakar,Subal C. & Lovell,C. A. Knox, 2003. "Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521666633, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aiello, Francesco & Bonanno, Graziella, 2014.
"On the Sources of Heterogeneity in Banking Efficiency Literature,"
58591, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francesco Aiello & Graziella Bonanno, 2016. "On The Sources Of Heterogeneity In Banking Efficiency Literature," Working Papers 201612, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Francesco Aiello & Graziella Bonanno, 2016. "Efficiency in banking: a meta-regression analysis," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 112-149, January.
More about this item
Keywordsstochastic frontier; Maximum Likelihood; Method of moments; Bank efficiency;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:bubdp2:200819. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dbbgvde.html .