Stochastic frontier analysis by means of maximum likelihood and the method of moments
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shrimal Perera & Michael Skully & J. Wickramanayake, 2007. "Cost Efficiency in South Asian Banking: The Impact of Bank Size, State Ownership and Stock Exchange Listings-super-," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 7(1-2), pages 35-60.
- Christian Ritter & Léopold Simar, 1997.
"Pitfalls of Normal-Gamma Stochastic Frontier Models,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 167-182, May.
- RITTER, Christian & SIMAR, Leopold, 1994. "Pitfalls of Normal-Gamma Stochastic Frontier Models," CORE Discussion Papers 1994041, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ritter, C. & Simar, L., 1997. "Pitfalls of normal-gamma stochastic frontier models," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1272, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- George E. Battese & Lennart Hjalmarsson & Almas Heshmati, 2000.
"Efficiency of labour use in the Swedish banking industry: a stochastic frontier approach,"
Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 623-640.
- Battese, George E. & Heshmati, Almas & Hjalmarsson, Lennart, 1998. "Efficiency of Labour Use in the Swedish Banking Industry: A Stochastic Frontier Approach," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 289, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 13 Apr 1999.
- Lang, Gunter & Welzel, Peter, 1996. "Efficiency and technical progress in banking Empirical results for a panel of German cooperative banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 1003-1023, July.
- Olson, Jerome A. & Schmidt, Peter & Waldman, Donald M., 1980. "A Monte Carlo study of estimators of stochastic frontier production functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 67-82, May.
- Claudia Girardone & Philip Molyneux & Edward Gardener, 2004. "Analysing the determinants of bank efficiency: the case of Italian banks," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(3), pages 215-227.
- Altunbas, Y. & Chakravarty, S. P., 2001. "Frontier cost functions and bank efficiency," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 233-240, August.
- Subal Kumbhakar & Efthymios Tsionas, 2008. "Scale and efficiency measurement using a semiparametric stochastic frontier model: evidence from the U.S. commercial banks," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 585-602, June.
- Altunbas, Yener & Liu, Ming-Hau & Molyneux, Philip & Seth, Rama, 2000. "Efficiency and risk in Japanese banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(10), pages 1605-1628, October.
- Trevor Fitzpatrick & Kieran McQuinn, 2005. "Labour Cost Efficiency in UK and Irish Credit Institutions," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 36(1), pages 45-66.
- RITTER, Christian & SIMAR, Léopold, 1994. "Another Look at the American Electrical Utility Data," CORE Discussion Papers 1994007, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ferrier, Gary D. & Lovell, C. A. Knox, 1990. "Measuring cost efficiency in banking : Econometric and linear programming evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 229-245.
- Fitzpatrick, Trevor & McQuinn, Kieran, 2004. "Cost Efficiency in UK and Irish Credit Institutions," Research Technical Papers 3/RT/04, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Mester, Loretta J., 1996. "A study of bank efficiency taking into account risk-preferences," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 1025-1045, July.
- Battese, George E. & Coelli, Tim J., 1988. "Prediction of firm-level technical efficiencies with a generalized frontier production function and panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 387-399, July.
- Greene, William H., 1990. "A Gamma-distributed stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 141-163.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Kumbhakar,Subal C. & Lovell,C. A. Knox, 2003. "Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521666633, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aiello, Francesco & Bonanno, Graziella, 2014.
"On the Sources of Heterogeneity in Banking Efficiency Literature,"
58591, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francesco Aiello & Graziella Bonanno, 2016. "On The Sources Of Heterogeneity In Banking Efficiency Literature," Working Papers 201612, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Francesco Aiello & Graziella Bonanno, 2016. "Efficiency in banking: a meta-regression analysis," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 112-149, January.
- Jugal Mahabir, 2014. "Quantifying Inefficient Expenditure in Local Government: A Free Disposable Hull Analysis of a Sample of South African Municipalities," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 82(4), pages 493-517, December.
More about this item
Keywordsstochastic frontier; Maximum Likelihood; Method of moments; Bank efficiency;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:bubdp2:200819. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dbbgvde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.