Comparing the performance of public and private water companies in the Asia and Pacific region : what a stochastic costs frontier shows
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Olson, Jerome A. & Schmidt, Peter & Waldman, Donald M., 1980. "A Monte Carlo study of estimators of stochastic frontier production functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 67-82, May.
- Stevenson, Rodney E., 1980. "Likelihood functions for generalized stochastic frontier estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 57-66, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- François Destandau & Serge Garcia, 2014. "Service quality, scale economies and ownership: an econometric analysis of water supply costs," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 152-182, October.
- Kirkpatrick, Colin & Parker, David & Zhang, Yin-Fang, 2004. "State versus Private Sector Provision of Water Services in Africa: A Statistical, DEA and Stochastic Cost Frontier Analysis," Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers 30604, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Sauer, J.F., 2005. "“Efficiency Flooding”: Black-Box Frontiers and Policy Implications," International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 2(1), pages 17-52.
- Philippe Marin, 2009. "Public-Private Partnerships for Urban Water Utilities : A Review of Experiences in Developing Countries," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2703, April.
- Tsegai, Daniel W. & Linz, Teresa & Kloos, Julia, 2009. "Economic analysis of water supply cost structure in the Middle Olifants sub-basin of South Africa," Discussion Papers 49926, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Kirkpatrick, Colin & Parker, David, 2004. "Regulation and the Privatisation of Water Services in Developing Countries: Assessing the Impact of the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS)," Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers 30600, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Sabbioni, Guillermo, 2008. "Efficiency in the Brazilian sanitation sector," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 11-20, March.
More about this item
KeywordsDecentralization; Environmental Economics&Policies; Water and Industry; Economic Theory&Research; Water Conservation; Environmental Economics&Policies; Water Supply and Sanitation Governance and Institutions; Water and Industry; Economic Theory&Research; Town Water Supply and Sanitation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-1999-08-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-1999-08-27 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-DEV-1999-08-27 (Development)
- NEP-ENV-1999-08-27 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-PUB-1999-08-27 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2152. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .