Citations for "Public Subsidies, Private Provision of Care, and Living Arrangements of the Elderly"
by Hoerger, Thomas J. & Picone, Gabriel & Sloan, Frank
- Lippi Bruni Matteo & Ugolini Cristina, 2006. "Assistenza a domicilio e assistenza residenziale: politiche di intervento e analisi empirica," Rivista italiana degli economisti, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 241-268.
- Jie Pan & Gary Wagner, 2011. "The Effect of State Tax Preferences on the Living Arrangements of Elderly Individuals," International Advances in Economic Research, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 17(2), pages 193-210, May.
- Lara Gardner & Donna Gilleskie, 2006. "The Effects of State Medicaid Policies on the Dynamic Savings Patterns of the Elderly," NBER Working Papers 12208, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Viitanen, Tarja, 2007.
"Informal and Formal Care in Europe,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2648, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Midori Wakabayashi & Charles Y. Horioka, 2006.
"Is the Eldest Son Different? The Residential Choice of Siblings in Japan,"
NBER Working Papers
12655, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wakabayashi, Midori & Horioka, Charles Yuji, 2009. "Is the eldest son different? The residential choice of siblings in Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 337-348, December.
- Midori Wakabayashi & Charles Yuji Horioka, 2006. "Is the Eldest Son Different? The Residential Choice of Siblings in Japan," ISER Discussion Paper 0674, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00564862 is not listed on IDEAS
- Naoko Shinkai, 2000. "¿De qué manera la seguridad social y el ingreso repercuten en los arreglos de vida de los ancianos? Elementos de juicio de las reformas de México y Uruguay," Research Department Publications 4232, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- CREMER, Helmuth & PESTIEAU, Pierre & PONTHIERE, Grégory, .
"The economics of long-term care: a survey,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-2466, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Lara Gardner & Donna B. Gilleskie, 2012. "The Effects of State Medicaid Policies on the Dynamic Savings Patterns and Medicaid Enrollment of the Elderly," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 47(4), pages 1082-1127.
- David C. Grabowski & Jonathan Gruber, 2005. "Moral Hazard in Nursing Home Use," NBER Working Papers 11723, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Meliyanni Johar & Shiko Maruyama, 2012.
"Externality and Strategic Interaction in the Location Choice of Siblings under Altruism toward Parents,"
2012-15, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Meliyanni Johar & Shiko Maruyama, 2012. "Externality and Strategic Interaction in the Location Choice of Siblings under Altruism toward Parents," Working Papers 201201, ARC Centre of Excellence in Population Ageing Research (CEPAR), Australian School of Business, University of New South Wales.
- Grabowski, David C. & Gruber, Jonathan, 2007. "Moral hazard in nursing home use," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 560-577, May.
- Haizhen Mou & Stanley L. Winer, 2012. "Fiscal Incidence when both Individual Welfare and Family Structure Matter: The Case of Subsidization of Home-Care for the Elderly," CESifo Working Paper Series 3731, CESifo Group Munich.
- Laurent GOBILLON & François-Charles WOLFF, 2009.
"Housing and Location Choices of Retiring Households : Evidence from France,"
2009-07, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Laurent Gobillon & François-Charles Wolff, 2009. "Housing and locations choices of retiring households : Evidence from France," Working Papers 162, Institut National d'Études Démographiques (INED).
- Jonathan Gruber, 2003.
in: Means-Tested Transfer Programs in the United States, pages 15-78
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dervaux, B. & Leleu, H. & Nogues, H. & Valdmanis, V., 2006. "Assessing French nursing home efficiency: An indirect approach via budget-constrained DEA models," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 70-91, March.
- Mellor, Jennifer M., 2001. "Long-term care and nursing home coverage: are adult children substitutes for insurance policies?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 527-547, July.
- Darius Lakdawalla & Tomas Philipson, 1999.
"Aging and the Growth of Long-Term Care,"
NBER Working Papers
6980, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas Barnay & Sandrine Juin, 2014. "Does care to dependent elderly people living at home increase their mental health?," TEPP Working Paper 2014-06, TEPP.
- Miki Kohara & Fumio Ohtake, 2006. "Altruism and the Care of Elderly Parents: Evidence from Japanese Families," ISER Discussion Paper 0670, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Stabile, Mark & Laporte, Audrey & Coyte, Peter C., 2006.
"Household responses to public home care programs,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 674-701, July.
- Lisa Cameron & Deborah Cobb-Clark, 2008. "Do coresidency and financial transfers from the children reduce the need for elderly parents to works in developing countries?," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 1007-1033, October.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00622385 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gary V. Engelhardt & Nadia Greenhalgh-Stanley, 2008. "Public Long-Term Care Insurance and the Housing and Living Arrangements of the Elderly: Evidence from Medicare Home Health Benefits," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2008-15, Center for Retirement Research, revised Dec 2008.
- Alain Paraponaris & Bérengère Davin & Pierre Verger, 2012. "Formal and informal care for disabled elderly living in the community: an appraisal of French care composition and costs," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 327-336, June.
- Shiko Maruyama & Meliyanni Johar, 2013. "Do Siblings Free-Ride in "Being There" for Parents?," Discussion Papers 2013-06, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Chou, Shin-Yi, 2002. "Asymmetric information, ownership and quality of care: an empirical analysis of nursing homes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 293-311, March.
- Davin, Bérengère & Paraponaris, Alain & Verger, Pierre, 2009. "Socioeconomic determinants of the need for personal assistance reported by community-dwelling elderly: Empirical evidence from a French national health survey," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 138-146, January.
- Plisson, Manuel, 2009. "Assurabilité et développement de l'assurance dépendance," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/5064 edited by Lorenzi, Jean-Hervé.
- Orsini, Chiara, 2010. "Changing the way the elderly live: Evidence from the home health care market in the United States," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(1-2), pages 142-152, February.
- Grégory Ponthière, 2011. "Long-Term Care, Altruism and Socialization," PSE Working Papers halshs-00622385, HAL.
- Cameron, L. & Cobb-Clark, D., 2001. "Old-Age Support in Developing Countries: Labor Supply, Ingenerational Transfers and Living Arrangements," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 773, The University of Melbourne.
- Engelhardt, Gary V. & Greenhalgh-Stanley, Nadia, 2010. "Home health care and the housing and living arrangements of the elderly," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 226-238, March.
- M. Lippi Bruni & C. Ugolini, 2013. "Delegating home care for the elderly to external caregivers? An empirical study on Italian data," Working Papers wp905, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Sergi Jiménez-Martín & Cristina Vilaplana Prieto, 2013. "Informal Care and intergenerational transfers in European Countries," Working Papers 2013-25, FEDEA.
- Hiedemann, Bridget & Stern, Steven, 1999.
"Strategic play among family members when making long-term care decisions,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 29-57, September.
- Steven Stern & Bridget Hiedemann, 1999. "Strategic Play Among Family Members When Making Long-Term Care Decisions," Virginia Economics Online Papers 321, University of Virginia, Department of Economics.
- Judite Goncalves & France Weaver, 2014. "Home care, hospitalizations, and doctor visits," Research Papers by the Institute of Economics and Econometrics, Geneva School of Economics and Management, University of Geneva 14095, Institut d'Economie et Econométrie, Université de Genève.
- Naoko Shinkai, 2000. "How Do Social Security and Income Affect the Living Arrangements of the Elderly? Evidence from Reforms in Mexico and Uruguay," Research Department Publications 4231, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.