Citations for "Public Subsidies, Private Provision of Care, and Living Arrangements of the Elderly"
by Hoerger, Thomas J. & Picone, Gabriel & Sloan, Frank
- CREMER, Helmuth & PESTIEAU, Pierre & PONTHIERE, Grégory, 2012.
"The economics of long-term care: a survey,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2012030, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jonathan Gruber, 2000.
NBER Working Papers
7829, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tarja Viitanen, 2007.
"Informal And Formal Care In Europe,"
2007010, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2007.
- Naoko Shinkai, 2000. "How Do Social Security and Income Affect the Living Arrangements of the Elderly? Evidence from Reforms in Mexico and Uruguay," Research Department Publications 4231, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Alain Paraponaris & Bérengère Davin & Pierre Verger, 2012. "Formal and informal care for disabled elderly living in the community: an appraisal of French care composition and costs," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 327-336, June.
- Midori Wakabayashi & Charles Y. Horioka, 2006.
"Is the Eldest Son Different? The Residential Choice of Siblings in Japan,"
NBER Working Papers
12655, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wakabayashi, Midori & Horioka, Charles Yuji, 2009. "Is the eldest son different? The residential choice of siblings in Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 337-348, December.
- Midori Wakabayashi & Charles Yuji Horioka, 2006. "Is the Eldest Son Different? The Residential Choice of Siblings in Japan," ISER Discussion Paper 0674, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Miki Kohara & Fumio Ohtake, 2006. "Altruism and the Care of Elderly Parents: Evidence from Japanese Families," ISER Discussion Paper 0670, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Jie Pan & Gary Wagner, 2011. "The Effect of State Tax Preferences on the Living Arrangements of Elderly Individuals," International Advances in Economic Research, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 17(2), pages 193-210, May.
- Orsini, Chiara, 2010. "Changing the way the elderly live: Evidence from the home health care market in the United States," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(1-2), pages 142-152, February.
- Laurent GOBILLON & François-Charles WOLFF, 2009.
"Housing and Location Choices of Retiring Households : Evidence from France,"
2009-07, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Laurent Gobillon & François-Charles Wolff, 2009. "Housing and locations choices of retiring households : Evidence from France," Working Papers 162, Institut National d'Études Démographiques (INED).
- Grégory Ponthière, 2011. "Long-Term Care, Altruism and Socialization," PSE Working Papers halshs-00622385, HAL.
- Naoko Shinkai, 2000. "¿De qué manera la seguridad social y el ingreso repercuten en los arreglos de vida de los ancianos? Elementos de juicio de las reformas de México y Uruguay," Research Department Publications 4232, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Davin, Bérengère & Paraponaris, Alain & Verger, Pierre, 2009. "Socioeconomic determinants of the need for personal assistance reported by community-dwelling elderly: Empirical evidence from a French national health survey," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 138-146, January.
- Lippi Bruni Matteo & Ugolini Cristina, 2006. "Assistenza a domicilio e assistenza residenziale: politiche di intervento e analisi empirica," Rivista italiana degli economisti, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 241-268.
- Meliyanni Johar & Shiko Maruyama, 2012.
"Externality and Strategic Interaction in the Location Choice of Siblings under Altruism toward Parents,"
201201, ARC Centre of Excellence in Population Ageing Research (CEPAR), Australian School of Business, University of New South Wales.
- Meliyanni Johar & Shiko Maruyama, 2012. "Externality and Strategic Interaction in the Location Choice of Siblings under Altruism toward Parents," Discussion Papers 2012-15, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Darius Lakdawalla & Tomas Philipson, 1999.
"Aging and the Growth of Long-Term Care,"
9909, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Gary V. Engelhardt & Nadia Greenhalgh-Stanley, 2008. "Public Long-Term Care Insurance and the Housing and Living Arrangements of the Elderly: Evidence from Medicare Home Health Benefits," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2008-15, Center for Retirement Research, revised Dec 2008.
- Engelhardt, Gary V. & Greenhalgh-Stanley, Nadia, 2010. "Home health care and the housing and living arrangements of the elderly," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 226-238, March.
- Sergi Jiménez-Martín & Cristina Vilaplana Prieto, 2013. "Informal Care and intergenerational transfers in European Countries," Working Papers 2013-25, FEDEA.
- Cameron, L. & Cobb-Clark, D., 2001. "Old-Age Support in Developing Countries: Labor Supply, Ingenerational Transfers and Living Arrangements," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 773, The University of Melbourne.
- Chou, Shin-Yi, 2002. "Asymmetric information, ownership and quality of care: an empirical analysis of nursing homes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 293-311, March.
- Haizhen Mou & Stanley L. Winer, 2012. "Fiscal Incidence when both Individual Welfare and Family Structure Matter: The Case of Subsidization of Home-Care for the Elderly," CESifo Working Paper Series 3731, CESifo Group Munich.
- Thomas Barnay & Sandrine Juin, 2014. "Does care to dependent elderly people living at home increase their mental health?," TEPP Working Paper 2014-06, TEPP.
- Dervaux, B. & Leleu, H. & Nogues, H. & Valdmanis, V., 2006. "Assessing French nursing home efficiency: An indirect approach via budget-constrained DEA models," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 70-91, March.
- Judite Goncalves & France Weaver, 2014. "Home care, hospitalizations, and doctor visits," Research Papers by the Institute of Economics and Econometrics, Geneva School of Economics and Management, University of Geneva 14095, Institut d'Economie et Econométrie, Université de Genève.
- Hiedemann, Bridget & Stern, Steven, 1999.
"Strategic play among family members when making long-term care decisions,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 29-57, September.
- Steven Stern & Bridget Hiedemann, 1999. "Strategic Play Among Family Members When Making Long-Term Care Decisions," Virginia Economics Online Papers 321, University of Virginia, Department of Economics.
- Stabile, Mark & Laporte, Audrey & Coyte, Peter C., 2006.
"Household responses to public home care programs,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 674-701, July.
- David C. Grabowski & Jonathan Gruber, 2005. "Moral Hazard in Nursing Home Use," NBER Working Papers 11723, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lara Gardner & Donna Gilleskie, 2006. "The Effects of State Medicaid Policies on the Dynamic Savings Patterns of the Elderly," NBER Working Papers 12208, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lara Gardner & Donna B. Gilleskie, 2012. "The Effects of State Medicaid Policies on the Dynamic Savings Patterns and Medicaid Enrollment of the Elderly," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 47(4), pages 1082-1127.
- Mellor, Jennifer M., 2001. "Long-term care and nursing home coverage: are adult children substitutes for insurance policies?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 527-547, July.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00564862 is not listed on IDEAS
- Grabowski, David C. & Gruber, Jonathan, 2007. "Moral hazard in nursing home use," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 560-577, May.
- M. Lippi Bruni & C. Ugolini, 2013. "Delegating home care for the elderly to external caregivers? An empirical study on Italian data," Working Papers wp905, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00622385 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shiko Maruyama & Meliyanni Johar, 2013. "Do Siblings Free-Ride in "Being There" for Parents?," Discussion Papers 2013-06, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Lisa Cameron & Deborah Cobb-Clark, 2008. "Do coresidency and financial transfers from the children reduce the need for elderly parents to works in developing countries?," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 1007-1033, October.