Formal and informal care for disabled elderly living in the community: an appraisal of French care composition and costs
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 13 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10198/index.htm|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- O'Shea, Eamon & Blackwell, John, 1993. "The relationship between the cost of community care and the dependency of old people," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 583-590, September.
- Claudine de Meijer & Werner Brouwer & Marc Koopmanschap & Bernard van den Berg & Job van Exel, 2010. "The value of informal care-a further investigation of the feasibility of contingent valuation in informal caregivers," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(7), pages 755-771.
- Hanaoka, Chie & Norton, Edward C., 2008. "Informal and formal care for elderly persons: How adult children's characteristics affect the use of formal care in Japan," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(6), pages 1002-1008, September.
- K. Bolin & B. Lindgren & P. Lundborg, 2007.
"Informal and Formal Care among Single-living Elderly in Europe,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
07-031/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- K. Bolin & B. Lindgren & P. Lundborg, 2008. "Informal and formal care among single-living elderly in Europe," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 393-409.
- Bonsang, Eric, 2009.
"Does informal care from children to their elderly parents substitute for formal care in Europe?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 143-154, January.
- Eric Bonsang, 2008. "Does Informal Care from Children to their Elderly Parents Substitute for Formal Care in Europe?," CREPP Working Papers 0801, Centre de Recherche en Economie Publique et de la Population (CREPP) (Research Center on Public and Population Economics) HEC-Management School, University of Liège.
- Van Houtven, Courtney Harold & Norton, Edward C., 2004. "Informal care and health care use of older adults," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 1159-1180, November.
- Hoerger, Thomas J. & Picone, Gabriel & Sloan, Frank, 1995.
"Public Subsidies, Private Provision of Care, and Living Arrangements of the Elderly,"
95-22, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Hoerger, Thomas J & Picone, Gabriel A & Sloan, Frank A, 1996. "Public Subsidies, Private Provision of Care and Living Arrangements of the Elderly," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(3), pages 428-40, August.
- Rice, Dorothy P, 1989. "Health and Long-term Care for the Aged," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 343-48, May.
- Marc A. Koopmanschap & N. Job A. van Exel & Bernard van den Berg & Werner B.F. Brouwer, 2008. "An Overview of Methods and Applications to Value Informal Care in Economic Evaluations of Healthcare," PharmacoEconomics, Springer Healthcare | Adis, vol. 26(4), pages 269-280.
- France Portrait & Maarten Lindeboom & Dorly Deeg, 2000. "The use of long-term care services by the Dutch elderly," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(6), pages 513-531.
- van den Berg, Bernard & Brouwer, Werner & van Exel, Job & Koopmanschap, Marc & van den Bos, Geertrudis A.M. & Rutten, Frans, 2006. "Economic valuation of informal care: Lessons from the application of the opportunity costs and proxy good methods," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(4), pages 835-845, February.
- Karlsson, Martin & Mayhew, Les & Rickayzen, Ben, 2007. "Long term care financing in four OECD countries: Fiscal burden and distributive effects," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 107-134, January.
- J. A. Hausman & D. A. Wise, 1976.
"A Conditional Profit Model for Qualitative Choice: Discrete Decisions Recognizing Interdependence and Heterogeneous Preferences,"
173, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Hausman, Jerry A & Wise, David A, 1978. "A Conditional Probit Model for Qualitative Choice: Discrete Decisions Recognizing Interdependence and Heterogeneous Preferences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(2), pages 403-26, March.
- Werner B.F. Brouwer, 2006. "Too Important to Ignore: Informal Caregivers and Other Significant Others," PharmacoEconomics, Springer Healthcare | Adis, vol. 24(1), pages 39-41.
- Liliana E. Pezzin & Peter Kemper & James Reschovsky, 1996. "Does Publicly Provided Home Care Substitute for Family Care? Experimental Evidence with Endogenous Living Arrangements," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 31(3), pages 650-676.
- Heitmueller, Axel & Inglis, Kirsty, 2007. "The earnings of informal carers: Wage differentials and opportunity costs," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 821-841, July.
- Bernard Berg & Werner Brouwer & Marc Koopmanschap, 2004. "Economic valuation of informal care," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 36-45, February.
- Keane, Michael P, 1992. "A Note on Identification in the Multinomial Probit Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(2), pages 193-200, April.
- Karlsson, Martin & Mayhew, Les & Plumb, Robert & Rickayzen, Ben, 2006. "Future costs for long-term care: Cost projections for long-term care for older people in the United Kingdom," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 187-213, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:eujhec:v:13:y:2012:i:3:p:327-336. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.